PDA

View Full Version : Guessing the title!

Pendo
10-13-2002, 11:49 AM
I know we know nothing about the movie, and George probably doesn't even have a title yet, but what do you think could be the title of Episode III?

I can only think of two possibles:
Rise of the Empire,
Fall of the Jedi.

What do you think?

PENDO!

Beast
10-13-2002, 11:52 AM
I like those two choices, and they seem to fit perfectly with the quirky serial titles we've gotten so far. Another possibility could be "Revenge of the Sith", since we've never had the Sith get a title and it harkens back to Return of the Jedi's original title. Plus with Lucas and his tone poem idea, it ties in great with the 6th film. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
10-13-2002, 12:59 PM
I like all of them although Rise of the Empire is my favorite

"Fall of the Republic" could be another possibility although it sounds a bit strange
and of course you have to think of the short forms, if they're any good although that's not that important:

Rise of the Empire: RofE
Fall of the Jedi: FotJ
Revenge of the Sith: RotS
Fall of the Republic: FotR (Fellowship of the Ring;) )

mini-rock
10-13-2002, 01:52 PM
I don't think we will see another title with "Empire" in it, but something similar to Revenge of the Sith would be cool.

Jedi Clint
10-13-2002, 03:21 PM
The Sith's Revenge

mini-rock
10-14-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
The Sith's Revenge

That does sound better. I don't think we need another title with "of the" in it either.

Wookiee
10-15-2002, 09:51 AM
I'm fairly confident that episode III's title will be something no-one could have guessed. I mean, look at I and II. The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones? Both very strange.

now, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi seem to work well together, in a serial kind of way, and most people's guesses about the new title seem too mimic these two.

But I don't think anyone could have guessed episode I or II's title, and I think III will be the same. remember your reaction when you first heard "The Phantom Menace" It was probably something like "huh?"

3 is going to be a weird one too, I betcha.

Episode III: Displaced Pavillions, or The Waxing of Evil, or Tempest of Deception.

"huh?"

Pendo
10-15-2002, 12:46 PM
It could be called The Holiday Special 2 :eek::eek::eek:!!

You're probably right, it wont be anything we've guessed, but it's still fun trying :D.

Star Wars: Episode III Jar Jar Lives
Star Wars: Episode III Not Better that the Originals
Star Wars: Episode III A Christmas Carol
Star Wars: Episode III -INSERT TITLE HERE-
Star Wars: Episode III The 3rd Chapter
Star Wars: Episode III Attack of the Crappy CGI

erm... I kinda like the last one ;):).

PENDO!

Wookiee
10-15-2002, 02:54 PM
Episode III: Return to Gilligan's Island

mini-rock
10-15-2002, 05:38 PM
Star Wars Episode 3: My name is WHAT?!

Jek Porky 2002
10-17-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by mini-rock

That does sound better. I don't think we need another title with "of the" in it either.

At last, someone else who agrees with me, I was just going to raise that point but you beet me to it!

Battle Droid
10-17-2002, 05:52 PM
The Birth of Vader
The Birth of an Empire

mini-rock
10-17-2002, 07:03 PM
"A Dark Time"

Maybe not. I figured since Attack of the Clones & Return of the Jedi both have "of the" in it, and The Empire Strikes Back & The Phantom Menace both start with "The" that the next one could start with "A" like A New Hope. Yeah, I know I have too much time on my hands, but you know GL with the whole rhyming thing.

:D

BanthaPoodoo
11-12-2002, 04:00 PM
SW EIII: ATCW (After The Clone Wars)

The Overlord Returns
11-12-2002, 04:14 PM
"Star Wars Episode III: Luke, be a jedi tonight..."

BanthaPoodoo
11-12-2002, 04:29 PM
Doh!

The Overlord Returns
11-12-2002, 04:32 PM
"Star Wars Episode III: Chewie!!"

"Star Wars Episode III: Jar Jar, Unbound"

"Star Wars Episode III: Ben Kenobi, Filthy Liar"

Kidhuman
11-12-2002, 04:35 PM
Good choice. I'd go with them, but it probably will be something lame like Yoda's Failure

Pendo
11-13-2002, 09:54 AM
Episode III: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes :eek:

PENDO!

mrmiller
11-13-2002, 12:35 PM
Episode III: The Real Slim Shadey

odb
11-13-2002, 02:42 PM
Star Wars Episode III: Will the Real Darth Vader Please Stand Up, Please Stand Up

Star Wars Episode III: Cookery Special

Star Wars Episode III: Tonight, Darth Vader This is your Life!!

Toad
11-17-2002, 10:57 AM
Interesting.

I think that more than likely it has to be something that sounds intriguing in terms of marketing more than what flows logically with the story, unfortunately.

Imagine, "see STAR WARS: Episode III --- The Fall of the Republic in theaters Friday!" Sounds kinda lame.

However, I do think that it needs to be something that is logical in terms of the story. TPM --> AOTC --> something then also orchestrated by this Phantom Menace. So perhaps Fall of the Republic would fit in there. ;)

stillakid
11-17-2002, 04:29 PM
Star Wars Episode III: This is My Story, so F' Off! :D

Darth Grifter
11-24-2002, 01:07 AM
What about something with a "shroud" or "veil" or something of that nature in it.

Episode III: The Dark Veil
Episode III: Jedi Unplugged
Episode III: It's the End of the World as We Know It, and I Feel Fine...

I don't know, I think Georgey will pull something out of the last Yoda speech in AOTC and say: "Shroud of the Dark Side" or something serial-cheesey. Maybe,

Episode III: Jedi Grafitti

:D

2-1B
11-24-2002, 01:43 AM
Sh! Sith Happens

QLD
12-05-2002, 08:27 PM
Let's see......I could go for any of these titles.....

Episode III: Return of the CGI

Episode III: The Empire Wants Their Money Back

Episode III: Attack of the Clones II: Electric Boogaloo

Episode III: Saving Jedi Ryan

Episode III: OUH8IT2?

Episode III: YO DA MAN

Episode III: The Final Nightmare

Episode III: Springtime for Vader

Episode III: The Gods Must Be Crazy

Episode III: My Big Fat Sith Wedding

Episode III: I'm Gonna Git You Sucka

Episode III: The Search for Dignity

Episode III: It's a Small World After All

Episode III: Upside Your Head

Episode III: Dat's Just my Baby Daddy

Episode III: The Santa Clause

Episode III: This Space For Rent

That's all for now! :crazed:

stillakid
12-05-2002, 09:34 PM
Star Wars
Episode III
The Cloak of Evil Falls

Against the strict guidelines of the Jedi Order, Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala have kept their wedded union secret. But with war raging around them, their devotion for one another tests the finite boundries of love.

With the Separatists Movement on the run,
and the Clone Army spread across the Galaxy in an effort to wipe them out,
Chancellor Palpatine holds the keys to the fragile Republic in his hands.

However, the Jedi have disturbing suspicions about the identity of the Sith.
With this invisible threat gaining power, time is running out and with it, the fate of the Republic is uncertain...

LTBasker
12-05-2002, 10:45 PM
Episode III: Nobody knows...the troubles we've seen....
Episode III: *waves hand* You do not need answers to continuity errors
Episode III: Miss Congeniality
Episode III: The Jedi Who Shagged Me
Episode III: I'm my own Grandpa
Episode III: Kermit returns
Episode III: Treasure Planet
Episode III: NO! This is more of a kid's movie than Harry Potter! Well ignore Natalie's strip tease and it is!
Episode III: Why you should always carry a condom...
Episode III: The Search for More Money
Episode III: That's Mr. Episode III to you.
Episode III: Yarael Poof and Yaddle are alive! Till now.
Episode III: Hayden tries to act again...tries
Episode III: WELL AT LEAST IT'S NOT JAKE LLOYD!
Episode III: More reusage of sounds from the Original Trilogy! MWHAHAHA
Episode III: Yoda and the Last Crusade.
Episode III: Raiders of the lost Trade Federation
Episode III: Temple of Doom

Dar Basra
12-06-2002, 12:01 AM
The Tonight Show's Top 10 List of Titles Rejected by George Lucas for the Final Chapter of the Star Wars Sage
#10 - EP III: The Jedi's Last Stand
#9 - EP III: The Man in the Iron Lung
#8 - EP III: More Wookies
#7 - EP III: Hasbro's Last Stand
#6 - EP III: Deadbeat Dad Leaves Mom, Pregnant with Twins, to Join Cult
#5 - EP III: Willow II
#4 - EP III: Jedi Jedidiah
#3 - EP III: Anakin Meet Uma; Uma, Anakin
#2 - EP III: A Very Skywalker Reunion

and the #1 Title rejected by George Lucas for the Final Chapter of the Star Wars Saga:

Ep III: It's Finally Over, so It's Time to Move Out of Your Parent's Garage, Find a Job, and Get a Life!

stillakid
12-06-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Episode III: *waves hand* You do not need answers to continuity errors

Damn, why didn't I think of that one.:p

Arrogant Arse
12-13-2002, 10:11 AM
Episode III: Boba Fett finally does something other than standing around, closing doors, and getting nocked into a pit.

Episode III: Last paycheck for Ahmad Best

Episode III: "You shure Harrison won't do This?"

Episode III: Last film for the geeks to Complain about

TheJediCharles
12-13-2002, 02:05 PM
All I can think of that sounds okay is "The Dark Times."

I'm sure Lucas will come up with something neato.

The Overlord Returns
12-13-2002, 02:07 PM
Star Wars Episode III: You'll be sorry when this ones over, F'ing Ingrates!!!!!!!

Fulit
12-13-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns

"Star Wars Episode III: Ben Kenobi, Filthy Liar"

The winner, hands down. I almost spit out my beer when I read that. Funny!

stillakid
12-13-2002, 03:14 PM
I've read a couple times now, from "official" publications (Insider being one of them), people working on the film saying "fall of the republic." It's never in context of actually titling the film, rather just as an explanation for what the episode will be about. Unless George goes on a bender and comes up with something out of left field, "Fall of the Republic" appears to be a pretty safe (if not bland) choice.

The Overlord Returns
12-13-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
The winner, hands down. I almost spit out my beer when I read that. Funny!

Thank you, thank you.....

And kudos to you for drinking beer while reading.....In just a couple of hours, I'll be joining you up here in the north ;)

Darth Trymybestus
01-06-2003, 10:35 AM
I think that to figure out the title, you'd need to know what happens in Episode III, I mean Lucas picks a title usually from something big happening in the movie or a running theme.

A New Hope, now you'd think that could have been called "The Rebels First Strike" because the big part of the movie was The Rebels first big strike against the Empire when they blew up the Death Star.
It was called A New Hope because Luke is the the new hope for the rebellion.

Now in The Phantom Menace, the title is because Darth Sidious is the menace pulling all the strings in the shadows but the big part of The Phantom Menace is of course, meeting young Anakin Skywalker.

Attack of the Clones was mainly a love story but the Clonetroopers attacking was a significant part because it marked the beginning of the Empire.

In Return of the Jedi, that was just pointing to Luke becoming a Jedi and redeeming his father.
Now it makes me think that Lucas either picks his title from the theme of the movie or a significant event in the movie.
In Episode III, we have Anakin's downfall, the fall of the Republic, the end of the Jedi Order and the rise of the Empire.
So, it could either deal with Anakin's downfall or look at the bigger picture and use the other big themes in the movie.

I think it'll either be, "Revenge of the Sith", "Rise of the Empire", "Fall of the Republic" or "The Twilight of the Jedi".... or even "Twilight of the Gods?" :)

Rogue II
01-06-2003, 11:09 AM
Episode III: Sith Rising (or Sith Insurrection or Sith Revolution)
Episode III: Jedi Betrayal
Episode III: Duel of Fates

___

Episode III: End of the Franchise
Episode III: Escape from Skywalker Ranch
Episode III: The movie after Attack of the clones but before A New Hope
Episode III: Who'se your daddy?
Episode III: Stormtroopers/Clonetroopers: Same guys, different helmet
Epidode III: You know how it ends, here's how it happens
Episode III: Midichlorians Explained
Episdoe III: *sniff*Smell that? Someone stepped in Episdoe 1
Episode III: Hi, I'm George, and this is my B***h named Rick
Episode III: More CG than you can shake a stick at

Pendo
01-06-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Darth Trymybestus
In Return of the Jedi, that was just pointing to Luke becoming a Jedi and redeeming his father.

I think that is what was first intended. But the events of Episode III (and possibly the title if it is Fall of the Jedi or something like that) could give the title higher importance, and not just the return of Luke, but the return of the Jedi order.

PENDO!

sith_killer_99
01-06-2003, 11:40 AM
Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Episode III The Sith Expose Themselves
Episode III Exposure of the Sith
Episode III Dark Sith Rising
Episode III Darth Sith Rising

Episode III Darth Sidious is Palpatine
Episode III Darth Tyranus is Count Dooku
Episode III Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker

Episode III The movie
Episode III The other movie
Episode III The last movie, in the prequel trillogy

Episode III Clone That
Episode III Clone This
Episode III Clone of a Clone

TheDarthVader
01-13-2003, 12:22 PM
I like: Birth of an Empire or something with the word birth in it.

Birth of the New Hopes :) haha
Birth of Twin (something) --refers to the birth of the empire and rebellion AND the birth of the skywalker twins
The Birth of the Twin <---maybe that

Exhaust Port
01-13-2003, 12:46 PM
How about Dawn of the Empire?

Rogue II
01-13-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
Episode III The Sith Expose Themselves

From the opening Scroll:

Star Wars Episode III
The Sith Expose Themselves

It was the end of the Clone Wars. The Seperatists are in full retreat thanks to Palpatine's leadership and his Clone army.

However, the Sith had been hiding for nearly 1000 years. Finally, the Sith Lords found their chance for revenge. Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi has been tasked by the Jedi Council to investigate a problem on Coruscant. His mission is to discover the identity of two men in black robes have been flashing people, forcing them to look at their Schwartz.

Pendo
01-13-2003, 05:09 PM
Aren't rumors of the title circling the net right now? I haven't read them, honest :rolleyes:. They're probably false anyway, George doesn't usually chose his titles until half way through the production.

Anyway:
Star Wars: Episode III - Return of the Phantom Menace

PENDO!

El Chuxter
01-14-2003, 04:45 PM
The first movie of each trilogy (A New Hope & The Phantom Menace) has an oblique reference to one character (Luke and Palpatine) in regards to the current political status of the Jedi and their allies at that time. They also have three word titles with the structure article, adjective, subject.

The second movie refers to a particular group within the galaxy doing something violent (The Empire Strikes Back & Attack of the Clones).

If it goes along with this trend, E3's title would be a reference to some climactic event in the Jedi/Sith struggle, using one of the two groups in the title. However, E2's grammatical structure is like that of E6 (blank of the blank), so I think E3's title will be structured more like "The Empire Strike Back" (article group verb adverb).

But I can't figure out what it might be beyond "The Sith. . . ."

Wookieboy
01-25-2003, 04:05 AM
What will be the title? A good question to ponder. Let us figure this out. Classic three: A NEW HOPE, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK,RETURN OF THE JEDI. The first, suggests a unknown, creating mystery. The second suggests an action taking place by a known entity. The third, suggests a bit of closure to a known subject.

Prequel series: THE PHANTOM MENACE, ATTACK OF THE CLONES, AND FINALLY ?. The first suggests a unknown creating mystery. the second suggests an action taking place by a known entity. So we have to assume the third will suggest or hint at closure to a particular group. I'm going on this logic. The first trilogy had 2 out of the 3 titles dealing with the "good guys" (A NEW HOPE,RETURN OF THE JEDI). I think the prequels will follow the same formula. So we have (THE PHANTOM MENACE,ATTACK OF THE CLONES). So what will that leave? If we assume that AOTC was a good one, (even though eventually they become bad), then that leaves one of each. If this is a 6 part story, then since part 4 begins with "A NEW HOPE", one can assume then that 3 must end with dispair or no hope. So after this let us throw out some possible titles using this formula. Since I don't think that any chapters will include the same words as any other then we will throw out any that have EMPIRE, OR JEDI. Also lets look at it this way. A NEW HOPE (3 WORDS). THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (4 WORDS). RETURN OF THE JEDI (4 WORDS). THE PHANTOM MENACE (3 WORDS). ATTACK OF THE CLONES (4 WORDS). Logic then would dictate that EP. III would contain 4 words. This is my theory because I believe George Lucas will not stray from his formula. So here are my guesses:

EP. III "FALL OF THE REPUBLIC" (OBVIOUS, EVERYONE THINKS SO)
EP. III "A TURN INTO DARKNESS" (A LITTLE MORE SPIFFY)
EP. III "REIGN OF THE SITH" (MY PERSONAL FAVORITE)

mini-rock
01-25-2003, 01:13 PM
Very intereting theory Wookieboy. I like it.:)

I've heard that the word "circle" may be in the title. Can't remember where, and I'm sure it's nothing more than a rumor, but what if it will be? Can anyone think of a 4 word title that has "circle" in it?

Pendo
01-26-2003, 07:16 AM
I heard about the circle too, but didn't want to post it because it could be considered as a spoiler. But because you've mentioned it I can discuss it now. Jedi clint will have to move the posts if he doesn't want them in the no spoiler section.

Episode III: The Circle is Incomplete
Episode III: Complete the Circle
Episode III: Circle is such a crappy word for a title

:crazed: I don't like the idea of having circle in the title. It is probably just a rumor because George doesn't even come up with the titles until half way through the production.

PENDO!

mini-rock
01-26-2003, 03:19 PM
CRAP!! I didn't think about it being a possible spoiler Pendo, and I apologize if any of you feel I have posted a spoiler. I think I'll just stay away from the non-spoiler section so I do not make that mistake again. What I posted may or may not be a spoiler, but I'd hate to be responsible for ruining any part of this for any of you.:)

Jedi Clint
01-26-2003, 04:07 PM
I'll leave this one up to the anti-spoiler folk. I think the likelyhood of this being authentic is very very small.

Fulit
01-26-2003, 06:18 PM
Combining Rumors/EIII Title Generator

Episode III: A Circle's Revenge
Fall of the Circle
A Circle's Destiny
Revenge of the Circles
Balance of the Circles
Fall of the Destiny
A Destiny's Revenge
Balance of the Falls
Revenge of the Balanced Circle Destiny
A Balance's..........oh, forget it.

Wookieboy
01-26-2003, 10:54 PM
Please oh please, don't let circle be in the title. I am still sticking with my earlier theory of a 4 word title. If circle is to be included, what could it possibly be?

EP III "THE CIRCLE IS COMPLETE"(DON'T THINK SO)
EP III "THE CIRCLE OF LIFE"(NOT WITHOUT SIMBA IN IT)

Seriously, I can't even think of anything that would look good after Episode III scrolls down the screen if the word "CIRCLE" is in it. I think someone is playing a Jedi mind trick on us. Can anyone think of a descent title using "CIRCLE"?:p

Darkross
01-27-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
How about Dawn of the Empire?

Yes...that would be cool...but it would be nice to have the word "SITH" in a movie title for once. "Revenge of the Sith" would be in balance with Return of the Jedi. I think that it would tie it all together nicely.

187-Maul
01-28-2003, 02:52 PM
circle really sounds crappy, but sith in the title couls start a lot of confusion when someone makes a spelling mistake...
anyways, I recently bought the french lucasfilm magazine, I open the first page and in the first line I read a spoiler! damn it, but at least it wasn't THAT big, it was about Boba Fett but I won't tell more since you guys don't wanna know, remember?:D

Fulit
01-28-2003, 03:14 PM
Post it in the spolier forum or something, I want to know it!

187-Maul
01-30-2003, 10:45 AM
but I don't want to visit the spoiler section since I might read some other spoilers there that I don't want to know either
sorry, maybe you even know it already

Rogue II
01-30-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
but I don't want to visit the spoiler section since I might read some other spoilers there that I don't want to know either
sorry, maybe you even know it already

PM me the info and I will post it in the Spoilers section for you.

Most of the posts over there are just speculation based on a few minor spoilers anyway.

Emperor Howdy
02-10-2003, 02:28 AM
Star Wars Episode III: Circles, Butterflies, and Dandelions
Star Wars Episode III: Circle Gets a Square!
Star Wars Episode III: Wanna Go Steady? Circle "Yes" or "No"
Star Wars Episode III: Circle of Power (Heavy Metal guitar riffs throughout the opening scroll)
Star Wars Episode III: Circle of Iron (Heavy Metal guitar riffs throughout the opening scroll)
Star Wars Episode III: Circle of Fate (Heavy Metal guitar riffs throughout the opening scroll)
Star Wars Episode III: Circle of Malice (Heavy Metal guitar riffs throughout the opening scroll)
Star Wars Episode III: Circle of Vengeance (Heavy Metal guitar riffs throu ykluk.yiie5h89;.............

**The blow of a shovel to the back of Howdy's head sends him face first into the keyboard**

Rogue II
02-10-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy

Star Wars Episode III: Circle Gets a Square!

I'll take Ahmed Best for the block.

By the way, for anyone who wanted to know what the spoilers 187-Maul was talking about, I put them in the Spoilers section.

Greyfolk
02-13-2003, 10:18 PM
Attack of the Attacking Attackers

Arrogant Arse
02-18-2003, 10:56 AM
Star Wars Episode III: End of the Franchise
Star Wars Episode III: The Franchise is now complete
Star Wars Episode III: Time for Hasbro to make more "Droids" Figures
Star Wars Episode III: Part 3, Obi's Oops!!

blueswiz
02-19-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
"Star Wars Episode III: Luke, be a jedi tonight..."

:D that's funny

how about...
"Star Wars Episode III: You're not going to like this one either"

Bel-Cam Jos
02-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Serious: Star Wars Episode III: The Sith Revealed

Not serious: Star Wars Episode III: Really the Sixth

Serious: Star Wars Episode III: Uncertain Union

Not serious: Star Wars Episode III: No More Pantyhose Holders and Q-Tips!

Serious: Star Wars Episode III: Spiraling Galaxy

Not serious: Star Wars Episode III: Over $3 Billion Served

TheDarthVader
03-14-2003, 08:43 PM
Does anyone other than me feel that "Twin" would be a good word to be in the title? It relates to luke/leia anakin/darth sidious/palpatine...I think that I had a good idea there. ;)

Brainiak76
03-31-2003, 06:43 PM
hey that is a good idea! i like it!!

until i read this thread i didnt really pay attention to "the" being in two of the movies and "of the" either!! Maybe "A" is due!:happy:

hmm i like something with sith, rise, fall, empire

I dunno i like EPIII Fall of the Republic...it kinda goes w/ EPIV seeing how III is goin be dark and "bad" it would be a good title being b4 EPIV A new hope....its kinda like a light at the end of the tunnel... EPIII Fall..(bad) :cry: then EPIV hope..(good) :happy: lols jus my 2cents

DarthChuckMc
03-31-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
Star Wars Episode III:Circle Gets a Square!

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard. My kids think I'm insane.

Pendo
04-11-2005, 04:40 PM
I like those two choices, and they seem to fit perfectly with the quirky serial titles we've gotten so far. Another possibility could be "Revenge of the Sith", since we've never had the Sith get a title and it harkens back to Return of the Jedi's original title. Plus with Lucas and his tone poem idea, it ties in great with the 6th film. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
Reading through old posts, it looks like JJB was the first to guess it correctly! :p

PENDO!

El Chuxter
04-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Bah. I think he'll change it to "Return of the Sith" before the release date.

Kidhuman
04-11-2005, 05:30 PM
ANd I liked the creeping fear.

princethomas
04-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Rats! and i was so rooting for

Episode III: I have a bad feeling about this