PDA

View Full Version : Best figures

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-13-2002, 12:58 PM
Who do you think are the best figures for each character? You can divide them by movie if you want to.
*Luke Skywalker (ANH) - COMMTech w/ T-16 Skyhopper. Bendable knees, cool arm movements, a good likeness (not exact, but oh well). Close second - Flashback Floppy Hat.
*Luke Skywalker (ESB) - Bespin Duel. Awesome, with great accessories and cool paintjob. Close second - Echo Base Bacta Tank.
*Luke Skywalker (ROTJ) - Given the few choices, I'll say Complete Galaxy. Him or Final Duel 3-pack, but I don't have that one. This isn't even that great, I mean it's really nice and all, but just make a new one, will ya?
*Han Solo (ANH) - Silver Anniversary. This guy is in a great firing pose, and is a good likeness. Sure, he's scene-specific, but I don't care.
*Han Solo (ESB) - Bespin Capture. Great articulation and sculpt, with cool accessories. Now hurry up and make a torture rack.
*Han Solo (ROTJ) - Jabba's Palace set thingy. The one with the unfrozen Carbonite thing. And the handcuffs. Pretty cool.
*Princess Leia (ANH) - COMMTech Sporting Blaster. I guess, I don't like the others but I don't have the COMMtech one, so I don't know.
*Princess Leia (ESB) - Bespin Escape. Sure it's small but at least it's to scale! I like it.
*Princess Leia (ROTJ) - Deluxe cannon thing. I don't have it, but it looks to be wonderful. Great likeness, sculpt, costume :D , cannon, everything!
*Chewbacca (ANH/ESB) - Bespin Escape. This one works for both movies, while intended for ESB only.
*Chewbacca (ROTJ) - Millennium Falcon Mechanic. He's from ESB again, but the hair suggests both that scene from ESB and all of ROTJ. We need a new Boushh's Bounty Chewie, badly.
*C-3PO (TPM) - Duh, the only one they've made for it.
*C-3PO (AOTC) - Droid Factory Assembly Line. Not perfect, but a hell of a lot better than Protocol Droid.
*C-3PO (ANH) - Flashback removable arm. Dirty and good.
*C-3PO (ESB) - Removable limbs. Or the one with Chewie. :D
*C-3PO (ROTJ) - Sadly, we have no 3PO for Jedi . . . but, the others, or Millennium Coin will work.
*R2-D2 (All-purposes) - Holo Leia. Great, has a retractable third leg, and is dead-on. Of course it has the bolt, but that's a small detail, and if you don't like it, use another.

WHEW I'll do more later, but feel free to post your favorites!

carnifexold1eye
10-13-2002, 01:46 PM
Here is a quick rundown of my favorites:
Han- Bespin Capture
Chewbacca- Bespin Escape and Millenium Falcon Mechanic(tie)
Luke- Bespin Duel
C-3PO- removable limbs
R2-D2- FF one with all the removable parts and what not
Vader- removeable helmet, hopefully they will make one that is to scale.
Leia- Cloud city escape
That is what I can think off of the top of my head.

bigbarada
10-13-2002, 02:25 PM
I've been thinking about making a thread like this for a while, I was just never sure which section it belonged in.:)

Here we go:

Luke:
ANH POTJ X-Wing pilot (I never really liked his Tatooine outfit)
ESB Bacta Tank :)
ROTJ pass

Han:
ANH 25th anniversary 2-pack version
ESB Bespin Capture (with high hopes for the rumored Hoth version coming next year)
ROTJ Saga Endor Raid

Leia:
ANH pass
ESB Bespin Escape
ROTJ POTJ Deluxe

Threepio: the Purchase of the Droids version is the best IMO

Artoo: Commtech w/ Holo Leia (I used a pair of toenail clippers and an emory board to free my Artoo from his restraining bolt:) )

Chewie: Saga Cloud City Capture (give him the bowcaster from the 25th 2-Pack and you will never need to buy another Chewie)

Vader:
ANH Commtech
ESB Bespin Duel
ROTJ Removable Helmet (although we still need a new version)

Boba Fett: 300th version is the only one we will ever need

Ben Kenobi: POTJ version is good if you give him the Jedi Cloak from the Ep1 accessory pack, we still need one that can sit in the Landspeeder with his outer cloak on, though

Yoda
Original Trilogy Flashback with rooted hair
Prequels the carded Saga version is good, for now

Anakin
TPM the first carded Tatooine version is still the best
AOTC Hangar Duel
ROTJ the see through version from the Jedi Spirits Cinema Scene:)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-13-2002, 08:07 PM
*Obi-Wan (TPM) - Jedi. This one is the best, it's hilarious when you compare him to EI Jedi Duel, Jedi is so much better than the cartoony bast*rd!
*Obi-Wan (AOTC) - I'll say JSP. He has the terrible headset permanantly fixed on his head, but he can hold the saber with his hand. Come on Acklay Battle Obi-Wan, get released!
*Obi-Wan (ANH) - Jedi Knight. If I picked any other, I'd hit myself in the head. (okay not really, but you get the idea) Like BigB said, we need one that can sit down, which he did quite a bit in the movie.
*Obi-Wan (ESB/ROTJ) - Well since the Lay's one is nothing more than a bad statue, I'll say Jedi Spirit 3-pack version is the best. I don't have that, either.
*Anakin Skywalker (TPM) - Tatooine. The other ones were odd, apart from cool accessories.
*Anakin Skywalker (AOTC) - Tatooine Attack. Surprise surprise, I don't have him, but I've seen him and I liked what I saw.
*Darth Vader (ANH) - COMMTech Interrogation Droid. Great pose and great cape!
*Darth Vader (ESB) - Bespin Duel. Sure, he's got a huge frickin' button pokin' out of his arse, but it's awesome.
*Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader (ROTJ) - Removable helmet. Vader is in that pointing pose from the famous ROTJ photo, and I like that. Can't wait for the new to-scale one, maybe he'll come with a part of a railing thing for him to lean against.
*Padmé Amidala (TPM) - Theed Invasion. Wonderful, that's all I got to say about that.
*Padmé Amidala (AOTC) - Coruscant Attack. Guess what? I don't have her either. Looks good though. I want the Droid Factory one more though, but since she's 2003 I'll exclude her from the possibilities.
*Yoda (TPM) - Jedi Council chair. Duh, since it's the only one.
*Yoda (AOTC) - Tie - Jedi Master and Force Powers. Both are awesome!
*Yoda (ESB) - Flashback. With the hair. Or the one from Complete Galaxy, the hairy one is kinda creepy at times. :eek:
*Yoda (ROTJ) - Jedi Spirit pack. (Still don't have it)
*Darth Maul - Sith Attack Droid. Sure it's EU but I love it!
*Jango Fett - Kamino Escape. Too cool, even with a tiny pinhead (which actually isn't that bad).

Darth Evil
10-14-2002, 02:07 PM
I agree with most of them. Is Kamino Jango's head that small? I never noticed, maybe because I haven't got the Pilot to compare him to...