PDA

View Full Version : About Jedi Tricks' signature

Fulit
08-17-2001, 12:20 PM
Hey, JT, I have a couple of friendly observations about your signature line, "General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in Attack of the Clones". I know this is meant to be humourous, and it is, and that you don't care for the title, and that's probably why you put it there, but I was thinking. It's good the movie isn't going to be called "The Clone Wars", because, IMO, the characters in the movie should not speak the title of any of the movies in the Saga. You didn't hear the Rebels yelling, "The Empire is Striking Back"! or Obi-Wan ever tell Luke he was "A New Hope". It would just be kind of cheesy, like it sounds in my head when I can almost hear Leia saying, "General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in Attack of the Clones". And it would be equally as cheesy to have the movie name be "The Clone Wars", then her line in ANH just wouldn't sound right to me.

Everyone please remember, this is just my opinion, I don't want to rehash any bitter arguments or anything.

Jek Porky 2001
08-17-2001, 04:33 PM
I completely agree, but the signature is still funny:D

Fulit
08-17-2001, 07:30 PM
Oh yeah, the signature is funny, I had seen it several times and laughed at it, it just eventually inspired a more serious thought.

JediTricks
08-18-2001, 05:25 PM
My signature isn't meant to say the title "The Clone Wars" would be better, it's meant to show that Lucas is kinda losing his grip on reality and I could see him doing a "Nifty Edition" to "fix" some of the junk he's done with the prequels. http://www.geocities.com/jeditricks/rumor/update.htm I could almost see Lucas doing this type of thing after the Special Editions.

Of course, if the film didn't have "Attack of the Clones" as its title, I wouldn't continue to think that Lucas is slowly going bananas. That title sucks IMO, Lucas' reasoning for it is, again IMO, a shoddy excuse for a lack of imagination or the ability to see beyond his own ego, as if the first title he scraped off his brain was the ONLY one. Especially sad because a thesaurus could have helped, as could a quick reminder of the fact that "Attack of the ____" (anything) is a cliche' and a bad joke in today's world. If this film had been 'The Clone Attack' I wouldn't love it, but I wouldn't care either. As it is now, I care because it's an actively-crappy title to me and I don't want people thinking that Star Wars is just a joke.

Of course, if it was "Onslaught of the Clones", I'd be saying "yay!" ;)

BTW, I never thought I'd be seeing a thread based on this sig line. :D I only wish the VB code currently had strikethrough code (which it will next week) so it could look like my sig on the old forums.

GNT
08-21-2001, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
I know this is meant to be humourous, and it is,

WHAT is it meant to be Funny,please I could do better!:D

Fulit
08-21-2001, 02:51 PM
huh?

JediTricks
08-22-2001, 11:48 AM
And look at that, the VB code for my strikethrough is here. :)

GNT, don't they speak English down there in Australia? What does your post mean? Are you saying you could be funnier? Care to prove that?

Fulit
08-22-2001, 12:03 PM
Yeah, say something funny, GNT. :D

Lone Jedi
08-29-2001, 11:51 PM
Hehe I thought GNT's post was kinda funny.............

2-1B
02-21-2003, 12:45 AM
JT, now you have the option of reverting back a bit more toward George's original film with something along the lines of:

"General Kenobi,
years ago you served my father in the Star Wars:Clone WarsAnimated Shorts.

:crazed:

JediTricks
02-21-2003, 01:32 AM
"Where did you dig up that old fossil?!?" :D

I would probably be thinking something closer to...

"General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars Dexter's Laboratory." - ANH:SamJack Edition

2-1B
02-21-2003, 02:05 AM
Ah yes, the fresh smell of a SSG sarcophagus opened after 18 months. :D

I found this COMPLETELY by accident; the other night I was tooling around the old AOTC threads to see what things looked like before the movie came out, and I remembered seeing this thread. And the thought crossed my mind yesterday or whenever we learned of this new cartoon.

Hmmmm, your idea is puzzling:
by "ANH:SamJack Edition" do you refer to the Samurai Jack style of animation or Mace Windu's eventual inclusion with Boba Fett in Episode IV? ;)

JediTricks
02-21-2003, 02:46 AM
The former, and I hadn't even considered the latter but now I wish I had. "I've failed, your highness!" No wait, that's not quite it. :D

scruffziller
02-21-2003, 04:09 AM
So.........JT. Your beef with GL is not what the movie is about but just the actual wording of the title, correct?:)

JediTricks
02-21-2003, 08:37 PM
I'm assuming you haven't seen my comparison of the movie to that of gruel then. ;) I hated the AOTC title back before I saw the film, now I dislike it but don't care because the movie itself was like a recipe that had lots of exotic and expensive ingredients but the final product was flavorless mush.

scruffziller
02-22-2003, 08:17 AM
AH......................:)

12inch Lando
02-25-2003, 03:49 AM
mmmm... flavorless mush!.:crazed: NEW! Star Wars: Attack of the Clones hot breakfast cerial! Get a hot steaming bowl of George Lucas' favorite breakfast. George says: "It goes down great with a pound of bacon!" also "I like my breakfast flavorless, bland, and mushy. Like my films."

stillakid
02-25-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by 12inch Lando
George says: "It goes down great with a pound of bacon!" also "I like my breakfast flavorless, bland, and mushy. Like my films." \

As long as it looks really good, then the kids won't notice the lack of nutritional content. Plus, there's a toy included!

JediTricks
02-26-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
As long as it looks really good, then the kids won't notice the lack of nutritional content. Plus, there's a toy included! 1) Nutritional content?!? Like anybody gives a care about that. ;) I'm just saying that the cereal is covered with overprocessed bleached AP flour instead of sugar. ;)

2) It doesn't come with a toy, it comes with a coupon on the back of the box that tells the kid if he collects 2 more of the coupon and sends in a check for $9.95 to cover "shipping and handling", he'll get a toy that would normally have cost $1.50 on the shelves. :D