PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro's Search for the ultimate Star Wars collector.

Z28Johnny
10-14-2002, 11:51 PM
I was just wondering how many of you guys entered Hasbro's contest? Entries had to be in by today. I also noticed that the contest for ages under 15 has 40 or 50 runner ups that get next years toys. Is this the case for ages over 15. I think I have a small shot of winning, but I know I would surely be in the top 50 (I think). I know my collection isn't the biggest or best, but I display them very well and I do have all the 3". Some pics of my room are available somewhere on this website. I removed my Star Wars Lego shelf to please the Hasbro people, but I forgot to add my R2 robot in one of the pics. I want to hear who else entered and what sort of qualities you guys think the winner will have.
John

Emperor Howdy
10-15-2002, 02:13 AM
I think he'll be an Austrian midget.

2-1B
10-15-2002, 03:22 AM
I think he'll be THE EARWAX HURLING FLESH ROBOT OF MEAT JELLO!

Good luck John!
Wow, there are so many ways to define "ultimate collector" but since Hasbro is running the show, it's probably wise of you to hide your true collecting nature by keeping the LEGO hush hush. ;)

QLD
10-15-2002, 03:37 AM
I think it'll be a STar Trek fan ;)

darthvyn
10-15-2002, 04:46 PM
i have nothing to add to this thread, but i just think it's really funny when you guys post one after the other like that...

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

good luck with the contest!

QLD
10-15-2002, 05:17 PM
Yeah, it is rather humorous isn't it!

I think they ought to give it to a big fan, who can't afford SW figures.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-15-2002, 06:00 PM
I think they ought to give it to me! :D
I'm 12 and I think I'm the youngest person here, and I don't know how many people entered the -14 age group contest. Gawd, I need to win! It was sent it out today.

LTBasker
10-15-2002, 06:25 PM
It'll be a scalper that's bought out store stock no doubt. Why not? It's the only person they can get to buy that much of their stuff. ;)

I didn't enter, just doesn't seem worth it. No one is truly an "ultimate collector."

Eternal Padawan
10-15-2002, 08:23 PM
I was gonna send in a polaroid of a beat up Chewbacca pez dispenser and see what happened. :happy:

Z28Johnny
10-15-2002, 11:03 PM
Well I guess it is Mr.JabbaJohnL winning the under 15 and myself winning the over 15....YAHOOOO!!! Just kidding, I'm sure thousands of people entered. Hey JabbaJohn, for being 12 years old what kind of collection do you have? I bet I have more opened Star Wars toys than you do :) jk I had my package tracked and they recieved it today at 11:30 am. Signed for by a J. Twain. I bought a nice folder with a clear front window, had a title page showing through with a large watermark of Darth Vader, my signed statement, a typed questionaire, and 5 8x10 photos of my starwars room, four of everything in their package (one of each wall) and one with me playing with a Tie fighter attacking the rest of the opened toys. Oh boy oh boy I won't be able to rest easy until November 30th when they announce the winner. I hope it helps that my mom is sleeping with the CEO of Hasbro...jk :)

Darth Cruel
10-16-2002, 04:20 AM
If Steve Sansweet entered...we can all forget it! Other than that, Whoever wins should be thankful that I didn't enter :). Seriously though, I am curious and wonder just where I would stand in a collection measuring contest.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-16-2002, 07:12 PM
Let's see, I have like 245 or something unopened figures, basic, mind you, and no two are the same. I have like 100 or so more Hasbro things, and of course Lego and book stuff which I couldn't count. :D
Good luck to ya! :)