PDA

View Full Version : Faker made for new MOTU

Darth Nihilus
10-16-2002, 03:48 AM
Toyfare recently unveiled info regarding a new Faker MOTU exclusive in the upcoming issue #65. For all the details

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?threadid=26637

and a pic

http://www.he-man.org/news_images/toyfare_faker.jpg

Unfortunately he has now cool new features, like the original he is a He-Man repaint with Skeletor armour. Also there is no interactive sound chip.

I tried to delete this thread from here so I could post it in the Other Toy forum instead but the board wouldn't let me.

Beast
10-16-2002, 04:19 AM
I'm sure that someone will move it. As for my reaction to the news. Bah, stupid Toy Fair exclusives. Anyone want to bet that they won't make enough to go around, and tons of people will be disapointed. Just like their stupid Simpson's exclusives. :mad: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mabudonicus
10-16-2002, 09:08 AM
That's funny, my buddies and I were just talking about whether or not they would have the stones to release that poor excuse for a character. Member how on the show he wasn't even blue?? HAH!!!! And I thought ram man stunk!!!

Darth Nihilus
10-16-2002, 11:14 AM
Well Mattel didn't really have the stones to release it, which is why this exclusive is a safe bet for them. ToyFare paid for the production of the figure and most people will associate it with them rather than Mattel. Much like the Simpson's exclusives are associated with Toyfare moreso than Playmates.

Jar Jar - I don't know if you're still lurking there or not but you might find this thread of interest in relation to the Simpson's exclusives controversy.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?threadid=25617

Beast
10-16-2002, 11:44 AM
I'm always watching. :D Thanks for directing me to the thread there. You know what ticks me off the most, the fact that the two ToyFare people posting in the thread have not once stated that there will be sufficiant numbers for everyone that wants one. And that there won't be another Simpson's-like scandel over the mail-in's. They are going to tick alot of people off, if it's business as usual with their exclusives. :mad: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
10-16-2002, 01:17 PM
hmmm......Faker........stinkor.......He Man........

the creators of MOTU weren't exactly tops in the " creative name " department...were they?

JediTricks
10-16-2002, 06:43 PM
This thing sucks IMO, there were a bunch of better ideas for Faker on these very forums a while back, instead all we're getting is an overpriced ToyFare exclusive that's a cruddy-looking repaint. The magazine's shenanigans with its owner's brother's store and Simpsons exclusives was insulting enough, this is just the guano-icing on the dung-cake.

Beast
10-16-2002, 06:50 PM
Exactly my thoughts JediTricks. I'll order one, because I want one for my collection. But I sure the hell won't be happy about it. Ever since their Simpson's exclusive dirty dealings, I've dispised the company. And I don't even collect Simpson's figures. I was against them on principal, because I knew that one day that they would offer an exclusive I did care about. Gee, I sure called that one. :rolleyes: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Vellner
10-16-2002, 08:50 PM
Faker is favorite MOTU but I'll make a custome:

1 He-Man
+
1 Skeletor
+
Paint
=
Faker

Jayspawn
10-17-2002, 01:24 AM
BLah! I'm less than impressed. I might have guessed that Mattel would pull something like this. Something tells me that I don't even want to know what ToyFare is gonna charge for this.

Beast
10-17-2002, 02:37 AM
Well, you can't really blame Mattel. They had no plans to make the charecter anytime soon, as he has yet to appear in the cartoon. ToyFare wanted him made, and started asking Mattel for to make him an exclusive for them. They probably did it to shut them up. Oh, and it's $15.00 ;) :D

Not that I'm saying Mattel is innocent of making idiotic choices. After hearing about their new "Chase Figures" BS, I'm considering not continuing to collect the line. For your info, they are going to salt in special repainted chase figures in the line later this year. 3000 He-Man's, 2000 Skeletor's, and an unannounced ammount of Mekanecks will be slipped into assorted cases. They also have plans to do the same thing with 5 other figures. :mad: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Nihilus
10-17-2002, 07:45 AM
Thankyfully this chase figure business doesn't interest me, though I will go on record as saying I think it's a smelly idea.

As for Faker, I can't explain it but I want to get one. I guess it because it can be counted as a unique figure, which are the only ones that interest me. Not that it's likely i will get one.

Just thinking about the appearance of the ToyFare staff on HM.O, they came on only a few days before this announcement was made. I wonder if they'll disappear from there once the Faker figures is sold out.

Beast
10-17-2002, 08:39 AM
I'm sure they will disapeer, if they same thing happens with the Faker exclusives that happened with the Simpsons ones. I love the fact that they ignore the posts that offer concerns for the availablity for the figure. I think that I have lost even more respect for Wizard and their magazines then was humanly possible. :mad: :frus: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
10-18-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Not that I'm saying Mattel is innocent of making idiotic choices. After hearing about their new "Chase Figures" BS, I'm considering not continuing to collect the line. For your info, they are going to salt in special repainted chase figures in the line later this year. 3000 He-Man's, 2000 Skeletor's, and an unannounced ammount of Mekanecks will be slipped into assorted cases. They also have plans to do the same thing with 5 other figures. :mad: :(

Yeah, I don't get that. Mattel has to know these things never see the shelves. They just line the pockets of the Toy Store employees who rifle through the cases in the back and then sell them on eBay. So what's the point? It doesn't bother me because I'm only getting the figures to "play" with, but these kind of promotions always backfire and end up making the toy company look like a bunch of shmucks. If they were going to do something like 'Chase' figures they should have put them out with out fanfare or notice and then after they had been bought up, announced 'Hey! Maybe you bought a lucky variant He-Man!" Then all the collectors would rush out to see if there were any left in the stores. Doing it this way just insures the Toy Store employees will be on the lookout for them. Thanks for giving them a heads up Mattel! I'm sure THEY don't read Toyfare after all, they only work in the industry in some way or another... :rolleyes:

DasGoot
10-21-2002, 02:24 PM
Well, I'm probably going to be flamed for saying this, but here goes.

JarJar, unfortunately, the editorial staff isn't privy to the production runs. That's all to do with the higher ups. I'm certainly not going to make a promise that everyone can get it if I don't have the info to release. (I'm not a spokesperson for the company, just one of the writers.)

As for posting on the He-Man.org boards, I've been posting there for a while, like I have on a number of boards, I unfortunately don't have a lot of time to post on any one individual board. (I post on the Simpsons Collector sector from time to time as well.)

Jon Gutierrez
Price Guide Editor
ToyFare

Beast
10-21-2002, 02:42 PM
A good start would to be sure to actually pass those concerns on to the higher ups. Especially the ones about delivering the figures to the customers that order them. They should go first and foremost into the hands of the people that order them. Not like the previous Simpson's figures that were held back to be marked up and sold threw the company's brothers store.

That was just a low blow to the entire collecting community that ever read your magazine. I have nothing against you or the rest of the editorial staff. But shenanigans like that from the owners of the magazine reflects badly on the entire staff that works on the magazine. So you can understand why some people have less then warm and squishy feelings for the magazine. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Vellner
10-21-2002, 08:28 PM
You know...If I remember right, The Guys at TOYFARE did not even know how to spell his name "FAKER" they had is as "FAKOR" and now They want him as an Exclusive??? Hmmm......

evenflow
10-22-2002, 04:30 PM
Regardless, I am looking forward to this one. It should be really cool.