PDA

View Full Version : Conehead Imperial black R4 unit for Christmas

sicqnus
10-16-2002, 06:58 AM
Check http://www.Galactichunter.com to see the upcoming Imperial forces 4-pack.

Enjoy !!!

Chiesa
10-16-2002, 08:27 AM
The black R4 unit looks cool...

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D

Old Fossil
10-16-2002, 08:34 AM
Holy crap! I MUST have this set! The Stormtrooper and the black R4 are nice surprises. I like the AT-ST driver, too, though his face looks like a customizer's job. He may double as a Scanning Crew member(?). I only wish they'd include another 'army builder' instead of EW Vader, or a Vader less scene-specific.

mrmiller
10-16-2002, 08:40 AM
Cool- thanks for posting the info. Now I just wonder.. What store will these be exclusive for? Hopefully the Jedi and Bounty Hunter sets will have a new sculpt or figure in with them.

=MATT=

187-Maul
10-16-2002, 09:43 AM
I like the set! the stormtrooper is cool, the droid looks pretty good too, I don't have the vader yet (although I would've preferred the CTC or dagobah one) and the AT-ST driver looks ok too
I don't have a mousedroid yet too so he's a fine addition too
overall, this looks like a great set and I'll definetly buy it (if I'll ever find it here in france that is)

thespar
10-16-2002, 10:07 AM
is it just me or does the black r4 unit look at lot like the hard to find r4-m9.

Sinister Lord
10-16-2002, 10:29 AM
Cool set... I will pick that up.

Rogue II
10-16-2002, 10:42 AM
I like the set too, but has it been confirmed? And what stores will have it?

Sinister Lord
10-16-2002, 10:49 AM
What do you bet it will be TRU or Target? They're usually the ones who get the Batman four packs.

Rogue II
10-16-2002, 10:54 AM
Well, hopefully they won't be hard to find. It is a nice set, even with the Darth Vader. I don't mind the re-painted figures.

Maybe someone at Hasbro has been reading the Dear Hasbro section in these forums. We mentioned sets like this in the ARMY BUILDER thread.

aceguide
10-16-2002, 10:57 AM
I like the set a lot. However, I have often wondered when we might see a new Snow Trooper....

Sinister Lord
10-16-2002, 11:00 AM
Army builders are a great idea in my book. I think they are always a winner of a concept. And the extra Vader is fine too, since I never picked up that version of Vader the first time around.

Rogue II
10-16-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by aceguide
I like the set a lot. However, I have often wondered when we might see a new Snow Trooper....
There are rumors of a new Snowtrooper for 2003 to go with the new Hoth Han and Chewbacca.

Here is the link for the "Army Builders Sets I want to see" thread:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15053

Jargo
10-16-2002, 11:12 AM
Diamond UK reported that this set will be available in the UK at the same time as the green A-wing. Again this might be a Euro exclusive. I won't claim that as fact but it might be worth seeing what Hasbro has to say. In fact the webchat tonight with Nick Rabin from Hasbro may yeild answers on both these upcoming items.
It'll certainly be interesting to watch you my US cousins react if this turns out to be a Euro exclusive. The shoe being on the other foot so to speak. :)

as far as the figures themselves go, the AT-ST driver is great, the face is a little dopey looking but then the Imperial troops weren't the brightest bunch. Stormtrooper looks okay, Vader is just vader, got a million so don't really need him but hasbro will insist on a core character in every wave or item practically. Remove Vader and shove in a scanning crew trooper and it might have been cooler. whatever, the astro droid looks sweet, if he's black he's wrong because R4-I9 is dark blue/gray with black markings not black. But it doesn't matter it's a new vlack astro droid for the collection which is cool. Mouse droid - BLEURGH!
The accessories are good and especially the heavy repeating laser cannon. The rifle rack I could live without but two blasters is good. the rifle I have plenty of already, about thirty i think so i wouldn't need that.
Over all it's a great set though. For the astro droid, AT-ST driver and cannon it'll be worth it. The rest is just fluff. I'll find a home for the stormtrooper but the mouse droid I'll give away to my nephew.

Beast
10-16-2002, 11:29 AM
Wow, nice set. I hope that it's available here in the states with the Green A-Wing. If not, like I said I'll do some trading with someone in the UK to get them. This set is cool, I love the AT-ST driver. Using the jumpsuited POTJ Imperial Officer is genius, as it's the same outfit, only in grey. A Stormie is always welcome, and this one is as nice as the Commtech one. Vader is ho hum, they should have molded him solid instead, so that he can be a nice basic ROTJ version of Vader. Nice to see that are giving us another astromech, especially an Imperial R4-unit. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darkross
10-16-2002, 11:58 AM
Can't wait for these babies to hit the shelves. I wonder if they will make it to Canada...we are part of the British Commonwealth...who knows eh...???? I love the R4-I9...looks really cool, and will look even cooler next to R4-M9 and R2-Q5 in a DeathStar diorama.

The Overlord Returns
10-16-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Darkross
Can't wait for these babies to hit the shelves. I wonder if they will make it to Canada...we are part of the British Commonwealth...who knows eh...???? I love the R4-I9...looks really cool, and will look even cooler next to R4-M9 and R2-Q5 in a DeathStar diorama.

Our comic shops here should get these in stock. We'll pay more, but it's also not so likely that we'll get them at retail...

Jargo
10-16-2002, 03:34 PM
I asked Nick rabin in the webchat at HasbroJedi whether this was a UK exclusive. He didn't answer me so i can only assume that the webchat was made up of questions sent in earlier. Anyway, maybe they'll answer the question later like they did with lots of the questions last time.

So far no-one has these up for pre-order yet so who knows what's happening with them.

KingOfSting
10-16-2002, 03:38 PM
can someone post the pics cause galactic hunter isnt responding

evenflow
10-16-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by KingOfSting
can someone post the pics cause galactic hunter isnt responding

I thought it was just me. Anyone have the pics?

Beast
10-16-2002, 03:51 PM
I'm glad that I saved it when I came on-line this afternoon. Love the new AT-ST Driver. And the Imperial R4-Unit is sweet also. They will be mine! :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
10-16-2002, 03:54 PM
here's the AT-ST driver.

Patient Zero
10-16-2002, 03:55 PM
I just hope that it is not another damn Target exclusive. I still have not found any of the last ones.

Jargo
10-16-2002, 03:56 PM
stormtrooper

KingOfSting
10-16-2002, 03:57 PM
HOLY CRAP!! i must have these! any idea on whether the stormtrooper has a joint in his elbow so his arms can be made straight? or can it only swivel?

Jargo
10-16-2002, 03:57 PM
astro droid

Jargo
10-16-2002, 03:59 PM
dagobah vader just yer regular vader from dagobah with see through head..... freak!

Beast
10-16-2002, 04:09 PM
Jargo, correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't that actually the Darth Vader: Emperor's Wrath figure. Note the blueish plastic used for the head. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
10-16-2002, 04:27 PM
Whichever it is it's a see through head. I don't really notice with Vader anymore since there's so many of the darned things floating around. You're probably right. Thought the cape looked funny :crazed:

Who does the AT-ST driver remind you of with those big bug eyes? is that the rebel fleet troopers head under the new helmet? That chin strap looks familiar.... maybe I'm seeing things funny again.

Beast
10-16-2002, 04:38 PM
I don't care if the AT-ST driver ends up looking like Pee-Wee Herman or Prince Charles. I just love the fact that Hasbro is actually doing a decent rehash. The POTJ Imperial Officer body is the same outfit as the AT-ST driver in black. By molding it in grey and painting the boots black and tossing on the black gloves from the original, along with a new head they made an awesome as hell AT-ST driver. That's how to do rehashes. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
10-16-2002, 04:38 PM
The AT-ST driver's face looks like the Bespin Guard with big eyes.

fourtwo
10-16-2002, 05:49 PM
hm. looks like it will be way too much loot for this canadian. that droid is pretty fresh though....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-16-2002, 06:58 PM
Pretty nice . . .

. . . for customs.
I don't know, maybe. Just well, this could be a fake, so could the Sandcrwaler with the repainted droid and old Jawa. Everything here is from old figures, with the exception of the AT-ST Driver's head.
*Vader - exact same everything from EW
*AT-ST Driver - body from Imperial Officer, new head, possibly with helmet from Target pack
*Stormtrooper - looks to me like a repaint of the Sandtrooper from POTJ, without the shoulder pad.
*R4-I9 - R4-M9's head, any droid's body
*Cannon - Snowtrooper deluxe
*Weapons - various figures

Oh well, if it's real it's nice but if it's fake then fooey on Galactic Hunter.

LTBasker
10-16-2002, 06:59 PM
Sweet pack. I had thought about using the AT-ST Driver helmet from the Accessory Pack and making a custom AT-ST Driver with that and the Imperial Officer if I ever got the POTJ AT-ST (didn't but I still thought about making it), I'm glad to see that Hasbro thought about it too. Kinda ironic though, they used the AT-ST Driver body to make the Imperial Officer Falcon carry case pack-in. ;)

Hope I can pick this up, the R4 looks nice and while it is a simple repaint, I didn't have to do it. ;) Now if we could get some R5 Droids floating around...

Beast
10-16-2002, 07:17 PM
Mr. JabbaJohnL, Galactic Hunter's info is pretty reliable. The people that run it have close contacts with Hasbro. They have broken alot of stories so far that have been confirmed as true. Plus The Pirate Universe is confirming these as real. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
10-16-2002, 07:32 PM
These better be exclusive to a store near me!

It's the only chance I've got to get a new stormtrooper.

Turbowars
10-16-2002, 07:42 PM
Looks like the AT-ST driver is a bad custom, I have a bad feeling about this. Looks like a load of BS! In fact it smells like it. I hope not, but I think it is. One thing, why is the Snow Troopers gun there and he isn't??

Battle Droid
10-16-2002, 07:52 PM
Nevermind.

Turbowars
10-16-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Nevermind. NEVERMIND???? Whats up?

Battle Droid
10-16-2002, 07:58 PM
I posted about the Jedi Knight & Bounty Hunter sets, but GalaticHunter reported about those.

LTBasker
10-16-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
One thing, why is the Snow Troopers gun there and he isn't??

Because it's not "Snow Trooper" issue. It's an E-Web Repeating Heavy Blaster Cannon, not a standard issue toy for a certain trooper. It can be used by anyone. Actually seems like it would be a great choice for something like this. :cool:

Beast
10-16-2002, 08:18 PM
Exactly LTBasker. Especially since the Deluxe figure that it originally came with is no longer being made and isn't easy to find. Plus the fact we have a SnowTrooper on the lists for next year makes it a welcome addition. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
10-16-2002, 08:25 PM
Standard Imperial issue for stormtroopers whether in cold weather survival suits or normal combat armor.

It's an imagination thing. :) means you have to use it. This set will be available come Devcember in the UK at least. Maybe you'll get it too who knows but with the pictures showing up so soon after Diamond comics Uk reported it as being available I would say it isn't BS at all. The pictures show the prototypes and everytime there's a prottype picture someone says it's fake and then gets proven wrong. I'm not having a go at anyone just stated how it goes. SirSteve posted several times about the phenomenon citing the fan reaction as the main reason Hasbro don't like to show early pictures because the fans react badly to the low grade finish of the product prototypes.
Packing the Imperial forces set like this is cool. A bounty hunter set with Bossk, Zuckuss, 300th Boba Fett and Boushh would be cool. Jedi knights I could live without but a rebel forces pack would be sweet. :cool:

Lord Tenebrous
10-16-2002, 08:25 PM
I like most of the set, however, I would have kicked out Vader and the mouse droid, repacked R2-Q5 and dropped $5 off the cost. Then it would have been more appealing for those who want to buy in bulk.

Darth Vellner
10-16-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Exactly LTBasker. Especially since the Deluxe figure that it originally came with is no longer being made and isn't easy to find. Plus the fact we have a SnowTrooper on the lists for next year makes it a welcome addition. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

you forgot to say "Beeotch!"

like this....
"Exactly LTBasker. Especially since the Deluxe figure that it originally came with is no longer being made and isn't easy to find. Plus the fact we have a SnowTrooper on the lists for next year makes it a welcome addition...Beeotch!:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: ;) :p

Prince Xizor
10-16-2002, 08:31 PM
I think this set is a must have, except I don't know if I believe it. I sure hope it's true because it is a cool idea.

Beast
10-16-2002, 08:32 PM
Well, you know how Hasbro feels. They have to shove a main charecter in there somewhere. :p I like the idea Lord Tenebrous, but I would have done was taken the E1 Darth Sidious figure and resculpt the face and made a new ROTJ Emperor Palpatine instead. Either that or an Imperial R5-Unit. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
10-16-2002, 08:35 PM
What ever, the set sucks! I will buy it for the Astro droid.

Lord Tenebrous
10-16-2002, 08:41 PM
I thought about that, but the Stormtrooper is one of about nine characters and units that make it into all three OT films. So it should have a significant amount of exposure to sell a product. I've loved the armor design since I was a kid. :)

The Emperor idea is cool, but I have a feeling the rumored AOTC Sidious might be the best of both trilogies, as far as appearance and figure articulation. We'll have to see.

Beast
10-16-2002, 08:44 PM
I have a bad feeling that the AOTC's Sidious will be a retooled E1 version. Not that I really mind, because the E1 Darth Sidious figure is one of the best figures from the E1 line. I hope for a totally new version though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

gsr-jedi
10-16-2002, 11:15 PM
This set looks sweet. Someone mentioned dropping $5 bucks, how much is it supposed to cost?

Prince Xizor
10-16-2002, 11:33 PM
I can tell you it ain't going to be 5 bucks. I would guess, um, maybe $15.

Lord Tenebrous
10-17-2002, 12:24 AM
Price? That's a funny thing. You would assume $5 for each figure, but since Lucasfilm/Disney has commanded $10 for Star Tours droids, you never know. I'd give it a range of $20-40, depending on exclusivity and whatever other rip-off techniques are employed. Hopefully $19.99 will be the suggested retail. :)