PDA

View Full Version : 9 new AF's confirmed for 2003

britcit3
10-16-2002, 01:45 PM
The UK Star Wars Brand manager for Hasbro has had a webchat on Hasbrojedi.co.uk tonight and I managed to get a question answered by him (my handle was Papalazarou).

papalazarou wants to know: "Hi Nick Are Hasbro going to be releasing all 4 SAGA ACTION FLEET waves in the UK? Cheers Papalazarou"

Nick R said: Hi - we plan to bring in all waves of Action Fleet vehicles. This includes up to 9 more in 2003 starting with Republic Gunship and Classic Slave 1 in January.

As he says "starting with Republic Gunship and Classic Slave 1 in January", we can presume that another 6 new AF's are on the ways as well as those we already know about.

Good, eh?

BC3

RobertDD
10-16-2002, 04:15 PM
That's great news!

SirSteve
10-16-2002, 04:20 PM
Excellent! I'll get it posted!

good shot jansen
10-16-2002, 05:14 PM
great news!

woo hoo!

now if only we can get em to go back to making the real mc'coy mm's. that'd be glorious!

sicqnus
10-16-2002, 05:57 PM
2003 AF's

Classic :

- Tie fighter (not confirmed yet - it appears on German listings).
- Slave One (classic...).

AOTC :

- Republic Gunship
- Acclamator class destroyer (Troop transport)
- Jedi Starfighter (without ring)
- IG Clan "Firewall wheeling dro´d" (Hailfire)
- Naboo H-type Padme's Yacht
- Federation "Homing spider dro´d"
- Slave One (? - Jango's ???)

And last but not least : the figures packs !!!

Sicqnussssssssssssssssssssssssssstar

"Daaad ?
-Yes.
-Tell me why I am not authorized to play with the AF?
-I told you several times : they aren't for children.
-But it's not true, they are toys !
-Tssss ! You're too young. You cannot understand.
-But...
-Shut up and finish your lunch..."

Jangu Fett
10-16-2002, 06:07 PM
Are the Mini-Figs confirmed? Will they return with the 2003 AF line? And will there be figure packs to fill the 2002 AF? I'm chomping at the bit, waiting for word of the Mini-figs.

Please, somebody ask tonight on the chat. And let us all know. I'd ask, but, I will not be home.

JediTricks
10-16-2002, 06:22 PM
Nice get BC3, very cool.

Thanks for the news post Steve. Saved me the trouble of searching through the forums when I woke up. ;)

Battle Droid
10-16-2002, 07:42 PM
Classic :

- Tie fighter (not confirmed yet - it appears on German listings).
- Slave One (classic...).

AOTC :

- Republic Gunship
- Acclamator class destroyer (Troop transport)
- Jedi Starfighter (without ring)
- IG Clan "Firewall wheeling dro´d" (Hailfire)
- Naboo H-type Padme's Yacht
- Federation "Homing spider dro´d"
- Slave One (? - Jango's ???)

Those are all confirmed except for the Tie Fighter?

I wanted a Trade Federation Core Ship & Techno Union Rocket.

Jangu Fett
10-16-2002, 07:50 PM
2 different versions of Slave-1 confirmed??? That's great. Rather odd, but great. And if the TIE Fighter is not the 9th set, what is?

SWAFMAN
10-16-2002, 09:47 PM
I'd settle for finding the current stuff on the local store shelves!!

still, cool news!

sicqnus
10-17-2002, 06:08 AM
I'm not sure for the AOTC Slave One. First, I thought it was the AOTC version but it seems (thanks BC3) it will be the ESB version. I can just suppose there will be an AOTC version. Hasbro usually makes different versions with the same molds (like they will do with the upcoming ESB 3,3/4" Slave One and the Action Fleet looking 3,3/4" Green leader A-Wing). That seems logical.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ursula Andress vs Sean Connery
-"Oh Jaaaames, I'm soo sorry. You're completely wet!"
-"Right, but my Martini is still dry. May I offer you a drink ?"

jeddah
10-17-2002, 02:40 PM
Okay, okay, stick a fork in me etc, I've fallen off the wagon and will be collecting again :rolleyes:

Dayum you Hasbro!

I must admist though, I am rather disappointed in the lack of a hyperdrive ring - even if it is a direct copy, COPY, d'ya hear me? of my transport ship Paradigm from the Galoob ship designing contest ;) :D and also I wish they would release the G-type instead of the H-type Nubian.

Oh well, better start saving

jeddah
p.s well done Papa, did you manage to fix Hasbro's toilet and unload some pegs? ;)

good shot jansen
10-17-2002, 02:41 PM
i've edited this list from awhile back (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=5312#post5312) to include the new action fleet releases. when more product comes out, i will keep the list updated

Jangu Fett
10-17-2002, 07:21 PM
Wait a minute....the supposed Slave-1 going to be released in January is Boba Fett's:mad: :mad: :mad: Whats the deal?:mad: ?:mad: ? So what, we won't see a Jango Fett's Slave-1???? Whats this crap????? Wheres the Jango Slave-1??? No Figs!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: And now no Jango Fett's Slave-1!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: Just another flipping REHASH!!!! Is that all HAsbro knows who to do, just repaint already made molds????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry, just went a little crazy:crazed: there. I thought the Slave-1 set for release in January would be Jango's. It great that there doing Boba's, but, I have four of them. When the news that Slave-1 would be in the next wave, everyone thought it would be from AOTC. Thinking that this "NEW" Slave-1 would be Jango's, and thinking that the Mini-Figs would be with them. I was set to get like 10 of them. Now how knows when we'll see a AOTC Slave-1? Or any MINI-Figs. Not that they had to make a ton. I'd settle for just Dooku, Jango, Zam Wesell, Anakin, a Clone Trooper and Super Battle Droid

I don't care anymore. I lost all hope for the Hasbro ACTION-LESS FLEET. Galoob set the standard. And Hasbro just can't cut it.

Sith Lord 0498
10-17-2002, 08:58 PM
Personally, I don't really mind that the mini-figs aren't included. It's just as nice to have the miniature ships on display by themselves without any human (or alien) presence. They look more like extremely detailed model ships that way.

Besides, the Action Fleet is probably the only way we'll get to see some of these ships in toy form. One of the rumored AF 2003 ships is the Acclamator-class Republic Cruiser (Star Destroyer precursor). I love that ship, but I highly doubt Hasbro will make an actual toy out of it. The closest we got to a Star Destroyer in the modern era was the short-lived Collection Fleet version from the late 1990s.

If I have to give up mini-figs that get easily lost anyways just to get some of these ships, then so be it. And for $10, you really can't lose.

Jangu Fett
10-18-2002, 06:52 PM
Then what you want is not the Action Fleet. The original Action Fleet always had mini ACTION figures with the ships. All this new AF is good for is collecting dust as a display.

And also this aren't collectables, these are toys. I thought toys were meant to be played with:confused: Yeah, I wouldn't lie I love going into the back yard and play Star Wars with my kids. It makes me feel as young as they are. Whether it with the AF or with those electronic Lightsabres, I enjoy being able to play with toys that I've always loved. Heck I'm taking my son out for Helloween in costume. Luke( my son ) is going out as Boba Fett from AOTC, my wife made the costume for him. and I'm going out as Jango. His idea.

Anyway back to the AF, the old AF had mini figs and still sold for $10. And as my son Luke said when he first seen the new AF "There no little man. The X-wing needs somebody to fly it. It's not a robot."

Jedi Idej
10-18-2002, 08:53 PM
Jangu Fett, I'm with you.

The AT-TE (the only new vehicle I've seen) is a nice mini-ship, but it isn't action-fleet.

Glitch
10-21-2002, 03:24 PM
On the hyperdrive ring issue...

At the time of design of the original Episode II AF ships, there was NO reference (or any indication of) the ring. We had no idea that it even existed. This is the reason I stated that it would not have the ring.

That said, the Federation Walker (now AT-TE) was also supposed to have seating for six Clonetrooper figures, and the Solar Sail was going to be twice the size it is now AND have an opening "figure friendly" cockpit. The final product is really pretty sad. It's Action Fleet in Hasbro's clothing.

My point?

Hasbro is doing its own thing now, and the final product bears little resemblance to the TRUE AF that was planned. That said, there is still time to include the hyperdrive if Hasbro sees fit.

Personally, I would LOVE to see it. At the time of original design, we were struggling to add more perceived value to this relatively small ship. Instead of adding the ring, we had two features: the cockpit opened and landing gear lowered when you turned the left engine, and the "R2" head would rotate when you turned the right engine. Now THAT is Action Fleet.

Also, an Episode II Slave 1 was designed and prototyped. It even had a feature that was only seen in AOTC.

We'll have to wait and see.

haggie
10-21-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Sith Lord 0498
Personally, I don't really mind that the mini-figs aren't included. It's just as nice to have the miniature ships on display by themselves without any human (or alien) presence. They look more like extremely detailed model ships that way.

Besides, the Action Fleet is probably the only way we'll get to see some of these ships in toy form. One of the rumored AF 2003 ships is the Acclamator-class Republic Cruiser (Star Destroyer precursor). I love that ship, but I highly doubt Hasbro will make an actual toy out of it. The closest we got to a Star Destroyer in the modern era was the short-lived Collection Fleet version from the late 1990s.

If I have to give up mini-figs that get easily lost anyways just to get some of these ships, then so be it. And for $10, you really can't lose.

Get ready for the backlash SithLord0498. You and I are the only people around these parts who think this way. I'm totally in agreement with you. I wouldn't care if I had no figures with my AF. It's nice to know that somebody likes AF for the same reasons I do. :)

Jangu Fett
10-21-2002, 05:51 PM
It's to bad that Hasbro desided to make these changes:cry: , but, I'm a little confused:confused: . At SDCC a representative from Hasbro said we can expect to see mini-figs with the new 2003 AF and mini-fig multi packs for the 2002 sets. Is this true? If so I hope Hasbro goes back and redoes the Solar Sail and AT-TE. To fit the figures.