PDA

View Full Version : Illogical moments in the OT

bigbarada
10-16-2002, 02:20 PM
Well, since the last thread about this got way off topic, I figured I would start a new one. Only this time to simply discuss the plot problems with the OT without making any kind of assumptions about each others' intelligence or 'true fan' status.

Most of the ones I have to start with come from ANH. Which, if you pay attention had numerous flaws in scene to scene continuity and logic.

First off, is one that was brought up in one of the Saga threads:

Where did Luke and Han stash their clothes while in Stormtrooper disguise? The standard answer has always been under their armor, but that is a physical impossibility for all those clothes to fit under that skin tight body glove that the Stormtroopers wear. That's not even considering where Han and Luke's boots went.

Here's the easiest way to disprove the "under the armor" argument. Take the clothes you wear on a daily basis, to include shoes, and try to fit a surfer's spandex body glove OVER all those clothes and put a pair of leather boots on OVER your shoes. It's not possible, even if it is, it would be extremely uncomfortable, limiting in movement and obvious to a casual observer.

Next is the Sandtroopers' shrinking blasters:

When the squad of Sandtroopers is marching through Mos Eisley's streets they are all carrying large blaster rifles and one even appears to be carrying a bazooka sized blaster. However, when they turn the corner to face the Falcon, they are all suddenly carrying the standard Imperial Blaster pistols.

A clear instance of scene-to-scene discontinuity.

The last example I will present for now, is one that Jargo brought up a long time ago. The iconsistency of the Tatooine homestead sets:

When Luke is in the garage, you can see the cockpit of the T-16 Skyhopper behind him with sunlight illuminating it from above. We all know that the top wing on the T-16 is huge and if the cockpit was level with Luke and Threepio in the garage, then the wing should have stuck out of the ground behind the homestead and been very obvious from the surface. The sets don't match up. What gives?

Beast
10-16-2002, 02:26 PM
Yep, the Stormtrooper Armor scene has always bugged me. There is no physical way for their clothes to be under the body glove. Especially things like Han's Vest that is bulky as hell. And the boot issue is a good one. There is no place they could have stashed them, because they are right outside the Trash Compactor. And they wouldn't fit in Chewie's Bandolier Bag.

The other two I don't really have any comments on, right now. Suffice to say that I agree 100% with both of those being huge plot holes that are usually never discussed, or just ignored by people. It's a pure case of placing the OT on a pedestal, and ignoring the flaws. Frankly the flaws in all the movies aren't enough for me to stop liking them. They are fun movies. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
10-16-2002, 02:35 PM
In ROTJ, on their approach to jabbas castle, 3 po notes that "land oand chewbacca never returned from this awful place. Yet....Chewbacca hasn't even arrived there yet...and won't arrive until brought there by leia....

Beast
10-16-2002, 02:45 PM
In ANH, after R5-D4 rolls forward and blows his top they cut to a shot of R2-D2 looking on. Right next to him is R5-D4 still fully functional with Jawa's scampering around. Perhaps that is just proof of the power of, "Skippy the Jedi Droid." :D

In ESB, the entire shot of Vader and Admiral Piett on the Star Destroyer bridge at the end of the film is flipped. You can clearly see that, because Piett's rank bars and the seam of the opening to his uniform is on the wrong side. :)

In RotJ, Leia is only missing for a short while before the Ewok's capture the rest of our heroes. But by the time they are brought back to the Ewok Village, she has a totally new hair style, and is in a well made and beautiful dress. I don't think the Ewoks could complete such a nice dress in a few hours. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
10-16-2002, 02:52 PM
Bonda Baba's arm bleeds when it is cut off by Obi-Wan's lightsaber.

PENDO!

The Overlord Returns
10-16-2002, 02:53 PM
I'll go back to the empire beating the Falcon to Bespin in ESB. I have never seen how it's possible. Considering the fact that fett had to tail the falcon to find out where it went, then tell the empire, who had taken off in the opposite direction...
'
as for the ewoks JJB....don't underestimate their considerable fashion skills...;)

Beast
10-16-2002, 03:01 PM
The bleeding arm they gave a quasi-explination to. They said that some alien physiologies(sp?) react differently to a lightsaber then humans. That of course doesn't explain how Ponda Baba smooth finlike hand, turns into a furry fingered one after it's cut off. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
10-16-2002, 03:05 PM
Thanx for the info JJB :). They'll probably explain the hand changing thing by saying he is really a Clawdite or some other changeling...:rolleyes:.

How about the two Duros that have different hands in the cantina :D???

PENDO!

bigbarada
10-16-2002, 03:08 PM
A minor one, but still:)

When Obi-Wan disables the tractor beam on the Death Star all the readouts are in English! However, in ROTJ, the readouts for the Shuttle identification screens are in Star Wars language (aurobesh or whatever).

You can see Ponda Baba with his flipper hands in a few shots of the Cantina. In fact he has flipper hands when he is pushing Luke around at the bar! The only time he has a furry, five fingered hand is when it is cut off and lying on the floor.

Then there is always the convenient Stormtrooper stupidity. When Luke and Leia are stuck at the end of the Death Star chasm and the Stormtroopers get the door opened just a few inches. Anyone with a brain would have realized that the best thing to do is to kneel down, shoot out Luke and Leia's feet and then disable them from there, once the door is opened. If they didn't want them killed they could have easily used the stun setting we saw at the beginning of the film. However, in the movie, the Stormtroopers don't figure any of this out until Luke and Leia are already across the chasm. How convenient.

Don't even get me started on how Luke just so happened to get the Stormtrooper belt with a grappling hook (if you look closely you can see that one of the Stormtroopers assigned to guard the Falcon doesn't have the familiar cylindrical thing on the back of his belt, he has a grappling hook. The only time we ever see one of those in the films). Again, how convenient.

JON9000
10-16-2002, 03:21 PM
I know this is OT only, but the grappling hook is no where near as bad as the Ascension Guns- who in the world would carry such a thing besides Bruce Wayne?

I think I should not read this thread further- all of these things will bug me!!

Beast
10-16-2002, 03:30 PM
I don't see a huge problem with the grappling hooks or the ascension guns. It's not anything that hurts the storyline or continuity.

Why would Bruce Wayne carry an Ascension gun? :confused: Oh wait,.....Oh my god!! I just figured it out. Bruce Wayne is Batman!! It all makes sense now. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sith Lord 0498
10-16-2002, 03:32 PM
There is a possible explanation for Darth Vader and Boba Fett getting to Bespin first.

Han and Lando knew each other when they were both smugglers and friends. We already know that both Han and Boba Fett have business relationships with Jabba the Hutt. It's entirely possible that Lando did as well. That suggests that they were all familiar with each other (smugglers and bounty hunters). Even more, the Millennium Falcon is a very famous ship, and obviously Han and Lando knew each other if Han won the ship from Lando.

Boba Fett probably knew about Lando's operation on Bespin or searched just as Han did. Knowing about Han and Lando's connection, he signaled to Vader aboard the Executor, and both ships used their hyperdrives to get to Bespin first and force Lando into the deal.

bigbarada
10-16-2002, 03:36 PM
What about the Snowspeeders tow cables? Why on earth would such a tiny ship need so much cable and where does it store the gigantic reel when not in use? Considering the tensile strength and thickness of that cable (which would be necessary to actually trip an AT-AT without the walker simply snapping the cable) the reel would have to be larger than a person. The Snowspeeder barely fits it's pilots (the gunner's legs would be inside the engine if the models for the movie were seen as realistic), there is no place for a cable reel of that size.

Pendo
10-16-2002, 03:39 PM
Why does Obi-Wan keep refering to Vader as "Darth" in ANH. We now know that Darth is a Sith title and not a first name, so Darth could be anyone (Sidious, Maul, Tyrannus, etc...)!

PENDO!

Beast
10-16-2002, 03:43 PM
Well, Han Solo says himself that there isn't much in range out here. Plus the Falcon had a malfunctioning Hyperdrive. As soon as Boba Fett could determine the possible places that the Falcon was headed, he could send a transmission to Vader's Star Destroyer alerting them to Solo's destination. See, that one is easy to clear up. Lando only says that "They" meaning the Empire arrived before he did. That doesn't mean that Boba Fett had to have gotten there first. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-16-2002, 03:47 PM
Pendo, remember Vader's words to Luke in Return of the Jedi. "That name no longer has any meaning for me." And the fact that Ben also says that he's "More machine then man, twisted and evil." He considers Anakin Skywalker truely dead, so calls him by his Sith title. Remember that also the Sith haven't been around for atleast a millenium in E1, so their naming rules wouldn't be in Ben's knowledge. Plus he never did learn Maul's name in E1, but does learn of Darth Sidious in E2. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
10-16-2002, 03:52 PM
Thanx JJB :). I like the way Obi-Wan refers to Vader as "Darth" to emphasize that he is now evil :). He's sort of getting his digs in ;).

PENDO!

bigbarada
10-16-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
Why does Obi-Wan keep refering to Vader as "Darth" in ANH. We now know that Darth is a Sith title and not a first name, so Darth could be anyone (Sidious, Maul, Tyrannus, etc...)!

PENDO!

That's actually one of the minor annoyances I had when Ep1 first came out. It was pretty much understood in the OT that Darth was Vader's first name (if not understood, at least assumed). Of course, now I have learned to live with it.

I think with every SW movie release there are a couple of new things that just don't seem to fit with previous continuity. I didn't like the look of the A-Wings and B-Wings when I first saw them, because I didn't think they looked "Star Wars" enough. Of course now, 19 years later, the A-Wing is one of my favorite ships in the entire saga. Lots of it is just a matter of needing time to adjust to the changes.

It took me over 15 years to finally come to terms with the idea that Luke and Leia were brother and sister and unfortunately nothing from the prequels would change that. I thought that was the most soap-opera-ish plot device when I first heard in in 1983 and I absolutely hated it until I saw Ep1 and have since learned to accept it. Not saying I like it, I just accept it now.

Beast
10-16-2002, 03:57 PM
Yeah, but BigB. That's not Darth Vader's name at all, it's just his Sith name. Just consider it a first name, that all the Sith possess. It doesn't hurt for it to be used as a first name. It's just a ritual first name. Besides, look at the fact that Grand Moff Tarkin calls him, "Vader" in the briefing room. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
10-16-2002, 03:59 PM
I would LOVE it is Obi-Wan started to call Anakin "Darth" at the end of Episode III :D.

PENDO!

bigbarada
10-16-2002, 04:24 PM
The "Darth" title thing was just a very minor annoyance that quickly faded after I saw Ep1 for the first time. The first time any of us discovered that Darth was the title of the Sith and not a name, was on May 3rd when all the action figures were put out (well, those of us who didn't have the internet to provide them with spoilers, that is). So I had about 16 days of not liking the idea before I just came to accept it. I'm totally fine with it now.:)

The Overlord Returns
10-16-2002, 04:27 PM
Besides....Darth Vader = Dark Father

I think it's clear that Palpatine chose the sur names of his sith lords...as they all fit in somehow...

mini-rock
10-16-2002, 08:48 PM
The Battle at Hoth. Why did the speeders keep attacking the At-At's from the front? In the film we see all 5 of these things heading for the same place, but the snowspeeders didn't even think about attacking from say the right rear to avoid going in front of the At-At and being hit.

C-3PO. How many times did his shoulder plates come apart when he raised his arms above his waist?

Wolfwood319
10-16-2002, 10:12 PM
I've never been comfortable with all the "conveniences" in the OT. The fact that the Princesses droids just happen to get to Luke, they just happen to rescue her, turns out they're actually siblings... It goes on...

Anywho, all the movies have flaws, but I enjoy them nonetheless.

LTBasker
10-17-2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by mini-rock
The Battle at Hoth. Why did the speeders keep attacking the At-At's from the front? In the film we see all 5 of these things heading for the same place, but the snowspeeders didn't even think about attacking from say the right rear to avoid going in front of the At-At and being hit.

Actually while it was seemed like a dumb thing, it was still useful, had they been successful, they may have been able to hit something like the cannons or an array that would've taken out their visuels and such. One thing I don't get is why they didn't come in from the sides and go for the neck which really couldn't of had armor due to it having to be soft enough to move like that.

Just fyi: I think the grabbling hooks on the ascension guns are actually built-in. I think they're the gold parts on the bottom of the gun and then they're loading into a barrel under the primary one to be launched. Not sure though but I'm fairly sure it's not just a specific type of gun and more of a multy use one. Remember the Naboo Corps was stated to be volunteer so instead of giving them a weapon for a single use they gave them a way to get out of situations.

About the whole "where'd they store their clothes?" thing, true they could've been really uncomfortable (maybe they put them in space bags that can shrink too. :D) had they worn their clothes under, but most importantly where did they put their belts? Especially Han's pistol and Chewie's bowcaster. (He fights with an Imperial Blaster Rifle during the control room scenes)

Some things I've wondered:

Why didn't Luke just grip the Biker Scouts like he did with that Gamorrean Guard, that way they could've captured them and taking their armor instead of hoppin on the speederbikes and such.

How did R2 get over all the dirt, twigs, leaves, rocks, etc. on Endor?

Arrogant Arse
10-17-2002, 10:42 AM
LTBasker, I don't think Luke was a powerful enough Jedi do 4 at once. Qui-Gon or Yoda could have done it. Luke had MUCH less training than Qui-Gon or Yoda and was not as strong as either of them.

Plus "Jedi use powers for defense, not attack.( or words to that effect)"

Not to mention it would have shortened the whole end of the film if he had done that.

Rogue II
10-17-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker

About the whole "where'd they store their clothes?" thing, true they could've been really uncomfortable (maybe they put them in space bags that can shrink too. :D) had they worn their clothes under, but most importantly where did they put their belts? Especially Han's pistol and Chewie's bowcaster. (He fights with an Imperial Blaster Rifle during the control room scenes)

If Chewbacca (and all Wookies) are the same species as Captain Caveman, he could store lots of things in his pocket.:crazed: :D

I never completely understood how R2 and C-3PO's escape pod made it out of the Star Destroyer. After they launch, the gunners say, "there goes another one." When the Imperial officer briefs Darth Vader, why did he just happen to mention that 1 pod escaped? It always seemed ackward to me.

Pendo
10-17-2002, 11:25 AM
How did R2 get over all the dirt, twigs, leaves, rocks, etc. on Endor?

Well in AOTC we see how Artoo climbs up steps. He could do a similar method to get over smaller twigs and rocks. For larger things he could go around them, or use his rocket boosters :D. Or perhaps Chewie would give him a hand :rolleyes:.

PENDO!

The Overlord Returns
10-17-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II

I never completely understood how R2 and C-3PO's escape pod made it out of the Star Destroyer. After they launch, the gunners say, "there goes another one." When the Imperial officer briefs Darth Vader, why did he just happen to mention that 1 pod escaped? It always seemed ackward to me.

Actually, it's a r2 using the force to hover over the endor terrain. Who do you think yoda meant when he said "There is another"??? Leia??!!!???!!! P'shaw! ;)

Beast
10-17-2002, 11:44 AM
They should have just blown the escape pod away, obviously from the conversation they had destroyed others that launched. But they just let the pod with the two droids on board escape, because there were no life signs? The hell?

For an Evil Empire that wastes tons of energy building huge planet killing stations and giant Star Destroyer military vessels, they sure are conservative on the power usage.

How much you wanna bet that the Emperor is one of those annoying people that go from room to room and turn off lights if there is no one in the room. ;) :D

Rogue II
10-17-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

How much you wanna bet that the Emperor is one of those annoying people that go from room to room and turn off lights if there is no one in the room. ;) :D

from the cut scene in the Imperial Guard's locker room

Guard #1: Well, Palpy killed 3 more officers today
Guard #2: Must be that time of the month
Guard #1: Yeah, the electric bill came yesterday. Boy, was he upset.

Patient Zero
10-17-2002, 12:59 PM
HEY! I do that!

I hate both of you!:mad: ;)

mini-rock
10-17-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
HEY! I do that!

I hate both of you!:mad: ;)

So do I, and if I had the power of Palpy I'd choke the crap outta someone just for breathing too loud.:evil::p

bigbarada
10-17-2002, 07:56 PM
One that bothered me as a kid: Why did the Tusken Raiders decide to go soft when they confronted Luke on Tatooine? I know it is a PG rated film, but don't you think they could have at least smeared some dirt on his face to make him look like he had just got done fighting for his life? Then after the lone Tusken attacks Luke AND Threepio, a lone Obi-Wan -howling like a mental patient- scares a whole group of them away. If they were simply "easily startled" as Obi-Wan claimed, then they would have probably darted about twenty feet and then done a double take to see the feeble old man approaching them, then attacked him.

Which of course, Obi-Wan would have dispatched them with a lightsaber, bringing to life a near-forgotten legend of a madman in brown robes wiping out an entire Tusken tribe with a light sword (but we don't know all of that yet;) ).

But anyway, it is incredibly convenient for them to just all run away and stay away long enough for Obi-Wan and Luke to carry on their conversation to move the plot along.

Rogue II
10-17-2002, 08:24 PM
I'm not trying to defend ANH, but the explination I heard about that was this: The sound Obi Wan made was the sound of a Kryant Dragon. If I was a Tusken Raider and all I had to defend myself was a bantha and a sharp stick, I'd run away and not look back.

I don't know how true this is, and it seems like a wishy-washy excuse to me.

bigbarada
10-17-2002, 08:35 PM
You're rationalizing!! You're rationalizing!!! ;):p

That's the explaination I heard also, Rogue II. Although it is not something you would know just from watching the movie.

I don't want anyone to get the idea that I hate the OT films from all of this criticism. I just want to make the point that the exact same plot holes and inconsistencies exist in the OT as do the PT. If I am expected to enjoy the OT despite it's flaws, then I should be allowed to do the same with the PT. I love all the movies and I really don't have a favorite film out of them all, as I consider them one cohesive story.

BTW, I just read The New Yorker's review for ANH when it first debuted in 1977. The lady who reviewed it said it was very entertaining and immensly fun, but ultimately flat and lacked the imagination of Stanley Kubrick's 2001.:confused:

Keeping in mind that this magazine is one of those stuffy, high-society rags that refer to movies as "cinema" (blecchh!!! what an awful term!) and gives reviews on piano recitals and ballets.:rolleyes:

"Culture" sucks.;)

Rogue II
10-17-2002, 08:53 PM
I know the point of this thread and that you love the movies just as much as anyone else in these forums. I'm just telling ya what I heard.:D

Imagination of 2001? Wasn't it just a bunch of guys sitting around in a talking spaceship? Do you know how many times I watch 2001 before I made completely through it without falling asleep?

Are the "holes" in Star Wars because GL just goofed or were parts deleted that explained stuff? I think I might have to read the books for the classic trilogy again.

That's why I don't watch reviews of movies on TV. They either are paid to say something good about the movie, or have completely different taste in films that I do.

I still think Captain Caveman and Chewbacca are related.

Freedom
10-17-2002, 09:53 PM
If Chewbacca (and all Wookies) are the same species as Captain Caveman, he could store lots of things in his pocket.:crazed: :D

That's one of the funniest things I've read on here. Chewbacca is a Captain Caveman. He hides everybody's gear in his fur! Cap-Tain CAAAAAVVE-Man!

Originally posted by bigbarada
Which of course, Obi-Wan would have dispatched them with a lightsaber, bringing to life a near-forgotten legend of a madman in brown robes wiping out an entire Tusken tribe with a light sword (but we don't know all of that yet ).

All the Tuskan parents used the legend of the crazy Jedi to scare their kids to go to sleep. "If you don't go to sleep, the Crazy Jedi is gonna get you."
The young Tuskans, Ernie, Wilford, and Thadious, never beleived the story until the day they tried to steal the skinny farmboy's landspeeder.

Darth Marra 54
10-17-2002, 10:41 PM
I know now that you think of it for the Tusken Raiders being so feared and dangerous... All you have to do to survive an attack is make a Kyat Dragon sound and you are home free.
Boy I wish that Shmi would have know that maybe she could of made a Kyat Dragon nosie and scared the Tuskens away as Obi Wan did. Perhaps only Jedi can make Dragon noises that scare Tuskens away.
Tusken:"hey lets go kill this kid" "Ok"
Tusken:"Wait what is that nosie" "I don't know lets get out of here!":sur:
Dang Tuskens, Killing Anakins Mother, still makes me mad...:mad:

Rogue II
10-18-2002, 06:56 AM
Shmi wasn't much of an impressionist. I believe she was more of a ballroom dancing type.

Is it just me or is the shield generator on Endor is angled, but the diagrams they show of the shield is perpendicular to the surface?

The Overlord Returns
10-18-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Freedom

All the Tuskan parents used the legend of the crazy Jedi to scare their kids to go to sleep. "If you don't go to sleep, the Crazy Jedi is gonna get you."
The young Tuskans, Ernie, Wilford, and Thadious, never beleived the story until the day they tried to steal the skinny farmboy's landspeeder.

You just hit the nail on the head for that scene ....now.

With what happened to the tuskens at the hands of Anakin, it could very well be that the site of Obi Wan in robe, coming toward them....freaked them out so much that they ran rather than face the demon that destroyed an entire tusken camp 25 years earlier......

It's changed that scene forever..IMO.

Beast
10-18-2002, 10:34 AM
Yes, but that story could only be spread by living witnesses. Since Anakin killed them all, the other Tusken Clans would have no clue exactly what happened at the camp. Other then the fact that the entire camp was slaughtered and sliced to bits. So there can't be any story about Crazy Jedi's. It's just Obi-Wan making the Kryat Dragon Howl that caused them to scatter and gather reinforcements. Maybe Kryat Dragon is good eaten, and they needed more people to take it down. Remeber that Ben said that they would be back, and in greater numbers. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
10-18-2002, 12:04 PM
Y'all are forgetting the fact that Ben has used Jedi Mind trick, and I'm sure the Tusken Raider have feeble little minds so most likely the using the way he had his robe and his howling, he used the force to change the image in their minds even more to make it look more like a Krayt Dragon.

bigbarada
10-18-2002, 02:19 PM
Yep, the Jedi mind powers can explain a lot of things throughout the films. Like how that Sando Aqua Monster just happened to show up TWICE and eat the Gungan sub's pursuers. It's easily explained that Qui-Gonn is calling the monster to them each time, that could help explain why he looks almost comatose as they are being eaten. Here's how I figured that scene:

Once the Opie grabs onto the Bongo, Qui-Gonn sort of scans the area with his mind, hoping to find a larger sea creature that could get rid of this bug-eyed fish. He discovers the long hibernating Sando Aqua Monster, which was believed to be nothing more than a legend, and awakens it with the sudden urge for a Opie Sea Killer breakfast (similar to what Doogie Howser did to his ferret pet in Starship Troopers). Once the Opie is dispatched, Qui-Gonn releases the mind lock on the Sando Monster, until they begin being chased by the Colo Claw Fish, Qui-Gonn then makes contact with the Sando again with another early morning snack craving.

We saw Anakin perform a similar feat with the Reek in AOTC, which makes me wonder why Obi-Wan didn't try it on the Acklay. I think Obi-Wan just wanted to kill the giant bug, uncaring bastard!;)

Another OT incosistency: in the Death Star plan layouts in ANH the superlaser dish appears to be along the equator of the Death Star, however the actual dish is midway between the equator and the northern pole. Hopefully that is something that will be fixed in the archival edition.

Rogue II
10-18-2002, 02:24 PM
I'm sure GL will change all of the computer displays for the DVD release. I wonder what he will do with the Death Star schematics from ANH.

LTBasker
10-18-2002, 02:25 PM

Another OT incosistency: in the Death Star plan layouts in ANH the superlaser dish appears to be along the equator of the Death Star, however the actual dish is midway between the equator and the northern pole. Hopefully that is something that will be fixed in the archival edition.

True, though the plans could've been earlier editions and as it went on they could've shown them changing it to the way we see it finalized. Still they might change it in the archival editions, all they have to do is put a new layer over it.

mini-rock
10-18-2002, 02:31 PM

I'm gonna have to agree with TOR on this one. That scene in ANH has total nw meaning now. I'm sure that even though Anakin slaughtered the entire camp that maybe there could have been another camp nearby who heard or saw what happened. Who knows, maybe one Tusken child or adult did manage to escape before Anakin could get to them.

bigbarada
10-18-2002, 03:10 PM
I love the idea of one lone Tusken child who somehow survived Anakin's attack. When neighboring Tusken tribes discovered the destruction they find this one kid cowering under a pile of bodies and heard the story of the crazed Jedi.

Also, I'm pretty sure that at least one or two Tuskens would have ran off into the dark night in fear after seeing all of their tribesmates getting slaughtered. It's perfectly plausible that one or two slipped through Anakin's grasp.

I think the Krayt dragon explaination is a pretty lame one now that we have seen Ep2. And in my own personal version of EU, one Tusken child did survive and spread a legend of a crazed Jedi in brown robes slaughtering an entire tribe of Tuskens. That gives the scene in ANH much more credibility, IMO.

Beast
10-18-2002, 04:03 PM
We saw Anakin perform a similar feat with the Reek in AOTC, which makes me wonder why Obi-Wan didn't try it on the Acklay. I think Obi-Wan just wanted to kill the giant bug, uncaring bastard!;)
I think the easiest way to explain that one, is by going to the E2 Visual Dictionary. The Reek is a herbivore, that was starved and forced to eat meat. So it's naturally docile that was driven into a madness by hunger. So Anakin was more able to calm it. Where in the case of the Acklay, it's a natural predator, so maybe even if Obi-Wan would have tried, it might not have worked. Plus it wasn't calm long enough to even give him a chance. The Reek was just standing there when Ani tried. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JON9000
10-18-2002, 05:11 PM
If Obi Wan and QuiGonn could get down the hall of the Trade Federation battleship so quickly when dodging the Destroyers, how come Obi-Wan cannot get into the chamber at the end to help QuiGonn against Maul? Seems he covered a shoter distance in less time of the TF ship.

LTBasker
10-18-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by JON9000
If Obi Wan and QuiGonn could get down the hall of the Trade Federation battleship so quickly when dodging the Destroyers, how come Obi-Wan cannot get into the chamber at the end to help QuiGonn against Maul? Seems he covered a shoter distance in less time of the TF ship.

That's not OT but anyways. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were using a force speed boost type of thing that helped them run faster for an escape, however since later on they were in a duel, Obi-Wan probably didn't want to use his strength in the force just in case he would need it while dueling and most likely he was already a really good runner so running that distance plainly wasn't a physical energy drain for him but he just couldn't make it in time. Plus since I don't really think he knew the timing of those shields so he didn't really want to take the chance of running into one. ;)

Beast
10-18-2002, 05:29 PM
Yep, he was exhausted already from the duel. Plus he had just used a force boosted to jump up from the lower platform, so he probably didn't what to exhaust himself any further by doing it to add a speed boost to reach Qui-Gon and Maul before the gates closed. Plus, like LTBasker said, he didn't know the timing of the gates, and taking a run into one of them would probably not have been a good thing. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Chewtobacco
10-18-2002, 06:02 PM

That's pretty funny!

One thing that bugs me is about EP2. When R2, Anakin & Padme arrive at Naboo, they go up a series of stairs with R2 following behind. R2 seems to navigate the steps pretty good for a droid, but he's obviously moving much slower. As you see in the landscape ahead of Anakin & Padme, there's more steps and a bridge before they get close to the buildings. Anakin is doting on Padme, not paying any attention to R2. The next scene is Anakin and Padme walking along an outdoor corridor with good old R2 putzing behind them. There is NO WAY R2 could have kept up with Anakin & Padme.

One could say that they waited up for R2, but you know that they didn't. Anakin was so whipped for Padme, he could care less that the little runt was even following them.

It bugs me.

Chewtobacco
10-18-2002, 06:07 PM
Yes, but that story could only be spread by living witnesses. Since Anakin killed them all, the other Tusken Clans would have no clue exactly what happened at the camp.

Now I realize that the Tuskens aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, but after some time, they'd probably know that it was a lightsaber that hacked up the camp. Or maybe Anakin killed "every last one of them" that stayed around to confront Anakin. One or two may have left, or maybe there was a couple in the distance that saw this violent light sabre blade hacking up their family and decided it wasn't a smart time to come back from taking a leak behind the rock.

mini-rock
10-18-2002, 08:09 PM
Regarding Obi-Wan not using a "force run" to catch up to the Qui-Gon/Maul fight, when they first used it they were escaping and proly trying to avoid being shot in the back. In the generator complex during the fight, I wouldn't think it wise to run THAT fast into a fight. What if Obi-Wan had tripped, and as he was flying at 100mph, Maul cut him in half from head to toe?

The Overlord Returns
10-19-2002, 02:38 PM
Regarding Obi-Wan not using a "force run" to catch up to the Qui-Gon/Maul fight, when they first used it they were escaping and proly trying to avoid being shot in the back. In the generator complex during the fight, I wouldn't think it wise to run THAT fast into a fight. What if Obi-Wan had tripped, and as he was flying at 100mph, Maul cut him in half from head to toe?

Obi wan wouldn't use the force run for two reasons...

a. He was tired from the fight he had already had.

b. Too risky to run at that speed toward those massive laser doors..

wouldn't be much good to qui gon all fried up after soaring through one of those things...

mini-rock
10-19-2002, 03:11 PM
Yes, but when Obi-Wan jumped back onto the platform, Qui-Gon and Maul were just approaching the doors. They hadn't begun to open yet. What I'm trying to say is Obi-Wan is smart enough to know not to run into a fight. And at that time Qui-Gon was doing well against Maul, and had him backing up. IMO there was no sense of urgency at that particular moment for Obi-Wan to use a force run.

On a side note, I always thought it was cool how you could see Obi-Wan running trying to catch up to Qui & Maul way back on the platform. No way they could have done that back in the day.

stillakid
10-19-2002, 09:05 PM
Well, since the last thread about this got way off topic, I figured I would start a new one. Only this time to simply discuss the plot problems with the OT without making any kind of assumptions about each others' intelligence or 'true fan' status.

Most of the ones I have to start with come from ANH. Which, if you pay attention had numerous flaws in scene to scene continuity and logic.

First off, is one that was brought up in one of the Saga threads:

Where did Luke and Han stash their clothes while in Stormtrooper disguise? The standard answer has always been under their armor, but that is a physical impossibility for all those clothes to fit under that skin tight body glove that the Stormtroopers wear. That's not even considering where Han and Luke's boots went.

Here's the easiest way to disprove the "under the armor" argument. Take the clothes you wear on a daily basis, to include shoes, and try to fit a surfer's spandex body glove OVER all those clothes and put a pair of leather boots on OVER your shoes. It's not possible, even if it is, it would be extremely uncomfortable, limiting in movement and obvious to a casual observer.

First of all, I'd like to extend a sincere thank you to BB for beginning this thread. It's encouraging that it has remained...um, on target. :) Though, it's one thing to point out "issues." It's another to actually "discuss" them. Are we allowed to draw conclusions or is this just a "list 'em" thread?

In regards to the above problem, I believe I have a plausible explanation in the great tradition of, um, explaining things away here. :)

When our heroes procured the Stormtrooper armor, they stashed their own clothes and the dead bodies (4 of them) in the smuggling compartments.

After Vader realizes that the escape pods (several of them, mind you. Where on earth are those supposed to be on the Falcon anyway? But that's another issue...for Hasbro ;) ), another sweep is made on the Falcon and the compartments are discovered. All the evidence is merely tossed in the nearest Roving Trash Droid which dumps it into the Trash Compactor.

Later, after our heroes manage to slip from death's grip in the nick of time, they amazingly (some might suggest "coincidentally") discover their own clothes and boots waiting there at the top of the trash heap for them. Now, the clothes are pretty clean so the rationaliz....er, explanation for that could be that the Roving Trash Droid just happened to dump the clothes into the chute as the walls were retracting. Our heroes catch site of the garments and dive in to catch them before any goo can stick. All of them except Chewbacca, of course, as his coat shant get wet except by Snow (see ESB).

See, there's no problem here. If you can get past coincidences, there are good reasons for everything in the Saga. It all works perfectly if you allow it to! :)

The Overlord Returns
10-21-2002, 09:17 AM
thats the most ridiculous rationalization for a plot convenience I have ever read.... ;)

gibbspaulus
10-21-2002, 09:25 AM
And the best - you keep at it Stillakid

Beast
10-21-2002, 09:25 AM
That was the biggest stretch since Salt Water Taffy was invented. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
10-21-2002, 03:10 PM
Creative indeed. Stilla, if you wouldn't mind could you explain how Boba Fett's targeting rangefinder switches from the right side of his helmet, to the left, and then back to the right when he is in Jabba's palace in ROTJ?:)

LTBasker
10-21-2002, 03:27 PM
Fett was caught in a temporary anomaly and was crossed with a mirror universe reflection which caused him to look switched around but he soon went back to normal with one of them thingamibobber buttons.

mini-rock
10-21-2002, 04:35 PM
So could the same thing be said for Obi-Wan's braid during the Eiopee scene in TPM?:D

Beast
10-21-2002, 04:50 PM
Actually, the braid was intentionally placed on the wrong side. Notice that Ewen's mole/zit/face volcano is on the correct side, but his braid isn't. Lucas had originally planned to flip the negative, so that the scene was facing the other direction. The flip was forgotten, and it bacame a mistake like those from the OT. Except this time it was intentional. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
10-21-2002, 04:54 PM
Yeah I remember that from the commentary JJB. He said he out smarted himself. Still, since we are having fun with this, in the Star Wars universe what would be the reason?

Battle Droid
10-21-2002, 06:16 PM
Hope no one mentioned this one,

Luke's X-Wing Ladder on Dagobah.

It wouldn't fit in his X-Wing, and Yoda surely didn't have one laying around. Also it magically disappears when he takes off with out him ever moving it.

stillakid
10-21-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
thats the most ridiculous rationalization for a plot convenience I have ever read.... ;)

I don't know. I've seen some doosies. ;) Just keepin' up with the Jones's. :D ...er, in my opinion, of course.

Originally posted by Battle Droid
Hope no one mentioned this one,

Luke's X-Wing Ladder on Dagobah.

It wouldn't fit in his X-Wing, and Yoda surely didn't have one laying around. Also it magically disappears when he takes off with out him ever moving it.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Rick McCallum address this in one of the past few Insider's? I don't remember what his response was.

And, I'll put a little thought into the flipping scope thingie. It's There's just got to be a completely logical story explanation for it. This is George's vision afterall and we dare not question it. :D

I have been thinking more about the escape pod conundrum. After the Falcon docks in the Death Star, one of the Imperials says that several escape pods had been jetisoned. There are a couple of problems with that. Assuming they exist at all, they've got to be pretty small requiring that our heroes get individually wrapped and shot into space. Something that small probably doesn't have a hyperdrive so they'd be doomed to drift in the cold vaccuum forever....except that they wouldn't have done this until after being caught in the tractor beam. So one might assume that all the escape pods would be pulled into the Death Star as well. If not, certainly the tracking stations on the Death Star would have detected them and TIE's would have been sent to investigate.

The one way around all of that mess would be if Han purposefully ran around the galaxy without a full compliment of escape pods. But the Imperial did say "several" which means that at least 3 or 4 are missing and at least 1 or 2 are left over. So, where are they exactly on the ship? Perhaps one of those "cross section" books has more information about that?

Pendo
10-22-2002, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
I have been thinking more about the escape pod conundrum. After the Falcon docks in the Death Star, one of the Imperials says that several escape pods had been jetisoned. There are a couple of problems with that. Assuming they exist at all, they've got to be pretty small requiring that our heroes get individually wrapped and shot into space. Something that small probably doesn't have a hyperdrive so they'd be doomed to drift in the cold vaccuum forever....

I think you're probably only supposed to use an escape pod if you're near to a planet. Or is it like on Red Dwarf where Rimmer steals an escape pod to escape from a Simulant and the nearest planet is a year and a half away :D!! Imagine being in an escape pod for a year and a half :eek:!

except that they wouldn't have done this until after being caught in the tractor beam. So one might assume that all the escape pods would be pulled into the Death Star as well. If not, certainly the tracking stations on the Death Star would have detected them and TIE's would have been sent to investigate.

The officer says "According to the log, the crew abandoned ship right after takeoff." This means they'd still be on Tatooine, and jettisoned before the tractor beam got them.

PENDO!

The Overlord Returns
10-22-2002, 08:36 AM
Funny, I always assumed the escape pod thing was referenced in hans "dropping shipments" at the sign of imperial trouble....

Darkross
10-22-2002, 11:02 AM
Hey Stillakid...

I always assumed that Han modified the ships log...to show that the crew had abandoned ship right after take-off. The fact that the escape pods were jettisoned...doesn't prove that they were on-board when the Falcon left Mos-Eisley. This too could have been falsified...remember...what Han said..."I've made a few special modifications myself!" Who's to say that wouldn't include the ability to modify the ships log...and faking to deploy the escape pods.

Re: The number and location of the escape pods...

If I'm not mistaken...there are 6 - 8 Escape pods on the Falcon...if I remember correctly. Get the blue print diagram form the Star Wars - Tatooine: Technical Journal #1 and you'll see where they are! (Sorry, I don't have a picture at the moment...but I do have the Journal.)

stillakid
10-23-2002, 10:47 AM

I think you're probably only supposed to use an escape pod if you're near to a planet. Or is it like on Red Dwarf where Rimmer steals an escape pod to escape from a Simulant and the nearest planet is a year and a half away :D!! Imagine being in an escape pod for a year and a half :eek:!

I suppose so, but they tell Porkins to "Eject! Eject!" His choice was to either explode in a ball of flame inside his X WING, eject and hurtle into the surface of the Death Star and get smooshed, or drift around in orbit until he died when the thing was destroyed. For my money, Porkins did the right thing and stayed put. :)

The officer says "According to the log, the crew abandoned ship right after takeoff." This means they'd still be on Tatooine, and jettisoned before the tractor beam got them.

PENDO!

Yes he does, but that's just the falsified log. Darkross is probably right about that. If Han had really jetisoned the pods, it would have been near the Death Star. They had no reason to believe that they would run into trouble like that once they reached Alderaan. So the only logical explanation, in my opinion, is that he runs around the galaxy without all of his pods intact on the Falcon. Make sense? No? Yes?

mini-rock
10-23-2002, 11:53 AM
They had no reason to believe that they would run into trouble like that once they reached Alderaan. So the only logical explanation, in my opinion, is that he runs around the galaxy without all of his pods intact on the Falcon. Make sense? No? Yes?

I agree that the falcon's pods are not all intact. And considering he is a smuggler I'm guessing he is a bit on the paranoid side too, and since his cargo was "hotter than he thought" he did think it was possible there could be trouble when they reached Alderaan So after they took off from Tatooine, and being shot at by Stormtroopers & chased by 2 Star Destroyer's, he falsified his log just incase he was captured.

Pendo
10-23-2002, 12:32 PM
I suppose so, but they tell Porkins to "Eject! Eject!" His choice was to either explode in a ball of flame inside his X WING, eject and hurtle into the surface of the Death Star and get smooshed, or drift around in orbit until he died when the thing was destroyed. For my money, Porkins did the right thing and stayed put. :)

If he ejects and is just floating around in space the Rebels could have easily sent a ship out to pick him up. That IS if they won the battle :rolleyes:! Otherwise he would be floating around until he dies :zzz:.
I think I'd rather get blown to bits also :).

PENDO!

Rogue II
10-23-2002, 12:41 PM

If he ejects and is just floating around in space the Rebels could have easily sent a ship out to pick him up. That IS if they won the battle :rolleyes:! Otherwise he would be floating around until he dies :zzz:.
I think I'd rather get blown to bits also :).

PENDO!

If he did eject, I doubt he would have had the time to get far enough away from the Death Star. There was a real good chance he would have been either engulfed in the explosion of the Death Star or shreaded by the fragments.

Now, if he did eject....

Look! Its a spacestaion!

That's no spacestaion. Its the size of a small moon!

NO! It's Jek Porkins!

Darkross
10-25-2002, 11:02 AM
I don't recall anyone ever telling Jek Porkins to eject! If I recall the scene correctly:

Biggs: "Jek...pullup!"

Jek: "No I'm alright..."(ship gets blown to pieces!)

If I missed something...and he is told to eject...who says it and when? And if so...what would he eject into the vacuum of space...since the X-wings are not equipped with escape pods! Look how slowly that blasted canopy opens and closes...you'd never get out in time!

Rogue II
10-25-2002, 11:08 AM
During the Death Star battle sequence, someone is told to eject. It may not have been Jek Porkins.

You brought up a good point, Darkross. How exactly does one eject from an X-Wing? Is the cockpit area turn into an escape pod? The pilots are not wearing full helmets, so they can't be out in space by themselves.

Beast
10-25-2002, 11:09 AM
There is a second piece to the helmet that is stored in the cockpit. You slap that on and the suit and the helmet are fully sealed for the vacuum of space. I assume the canopy probably has explosive bolts that can be fired to blow the canopy off for quick escapes. :)

The idea that the whole cockpit section could be disingaged from the X-Wing would be a neat idea. It could even include manuvering thrusters on the back section to get away from the battle, so that the ejected pod could be picked up. I know that it doesn't work that way from the EU or various ship diogram books though. But it's a damn cool idea. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darkross
10-25-2002, 11:11 AM
There is a second piece to the helmet that is stored in the cockpit. You slap that on and the suit and the helmet are fully sealed for the vacuum of space. I assume the canopy probably has explosive bolts that can be fired to blow the canopy off for quick escapes. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yes...but would a pilot even have time to put the second piece to the helmet on...before he was blown to pieces? Or is this only for pilots that would have more time...i.e. Red Leader...knowing his ship is doomed...he could have ejected.

Beast
10-25-2002, 11:19 AM
Yeah, the helmet issues bring up problems with stuff like that. But Lucas wanted there to be a vast distinction from the humanity of the rebels, and the cold facelessness of the Empire. That's why he wanted helmets that didn't hide the actors faces. It's just one of those lil plot things that work better if you don't think about it. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AdmiralPiett
10-25-2002, 11:32 PM
That means Y-wing pilots would have an unfair advantage over X-wing pilots who wouldn't be able to eject unless they put the other piece of the helmet on first. At least the Y-wings could eject the way Luke ejected in the Christmas special when he was stuck in the mud.
Piett

stillakid
10-26-2002, 12:59 PM
I seem to remember a description from a PC video game (TIE Fighter maybe, or maybe XWING vs TIE FIGHTER...something like that) where they animate a guy ejecting from his cockpit. He gets "wrapped" up on his way out or something. He floats around until (if) somebody picks him up. But the "bubble" or whatever it is, is self contained and presumably contains enough O2 to allow the guy to survive for awhile.

BanthaPoodoo
11-12-2002, 01:55 PM
Heres a good site for just this thing!

http://www.nitpickers.com/movies/titles/65259.html

Also one thing I would like to know is, when they are "combing the desert" one Stormtrooper says "Look sir droids" & moves it back & forth to see the shininess of the part.

Well, which droid did it come off of. And if it isn't necessary for operation of the droid, why was it on one of them to begin with?

Rogue II
11-12-2002, 02:22 PM
I think that piece of metal was one of R2-D2's chrome hubcaps. At some point between Episode 3 and ANH, R2 is corrupted by a "gangsta" virus. He installs a boomin' system, lowers his legs, adds chrome hubcaps, adds extra hydrolics in his legs, and mounted a hood ornament on his forhead. That's where TRU and Hasbro got the idea of the Silver R2.

Just prior R2 was restored to normal, but C-3PO kept the one hubcap to remind R2 not to talk to talk to strange computers on the internet.:crazed:

El Chuxter
11-12-2002, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the laugh Rogue II. That's the funniest thing I've seen all day. :D

BanthaPoodoo
11-12-2002, 04:02 PM
Heh, funny.

Now that's a figure that Hasbro could do, G-Funk R2 with Spinmaster Threep

Imperial Monarche
11-13-2002, 08:30 PM
During the Death Star battle sequence, someone is told to eject. It may not have been Jek Porkins.

it was Jek. the line goes like this.

Biggs- Pull up!
Porkins- No, I'm alright.
Biggs- EJECT!
Porkins- I can hold it (thats when he's blown to pieces)

Jon
11-14-2002, 05:05 PM
This thread got me thinking. I know this is OT stuff but in EP1 why didn't Qui Gon just use the force to open the blast doors? Why insist on using the lightsaber? Also why when Qui Gon uses the force in the hangar only 1 Battle Droid gets thrown backwards? Why not all of them?

In the OT though I have always thought that when Vader has Luke's X-Wing in his sights and fires the dumb TIE Fighter lasers were way off target. Vader wasn't knocked out until after he fired. Also, in ESB what happens to Luke's lightsaber when he is thrown out the window? He isn't holding it when he is climbing back up to the ledge.

The Overlord Returns
11-15-2002, 08:55 AM
It falls out into the sky before he grabs on to the weather vane.

Hence having to construct a new one.

LTBasker
11-15-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
It falls out into the sky before he grabs on to the weather vane.

Hence having to construct a new one.

I think he meant when he's knocked out the window in the gantry onto the platform. I think his lightsaber may have just dropped onto the platform, he may have dropped it while in flight and just didn't get enough bounce to go off the platform.

Darkross
11-15-2002, 10:46 AM

I think he meant when he's knocked out the window in the gantry onto the platform. I think his lightsaber may have just dropped onto the platform, he may have dropped it while in flight and just didn't get enough bounce to go off the platform.

I always thought that he held onto it and dropped it onto the gantry before he climbed back up. My biggest concern was where did he fall from?

Darkross
11-15-2002, 10:57 AM
From what I can tell...there are only two possible locations where Luke fell from... (See Attachement)

Window A

or

Window B

I've always thought it was Window B.

What does everyone else think? Maybe I'm way off base here...

Darkross
11-15-2002, 11:00 AM
Now that I look at the picture alot closer now...I don't think that Window A...is a Window at all. I looks like it is bulged out like a bubble...perhaps the Carbon Freezing Chamber? Luke did jump down to get to the room with the big window...

Does anyone have a blue print or a sketch of this layout? I would love to see it.

Bobajames
11-15-2002, 11:05 PM
it is definitely window B, and that little walkway is where he falls. when you loop around that walkway and go back into the main building, guess where that is.... the room where vader ambushes luke again and battles him out to the weather vane! hope that makes sense....

gibbyhayes
11-18-2002, 12:48 AM
Why do all lightsaber battles occour in spectacular settings? I guess I never though of how rediculous the location was in Bespin's core. What purpose could that area serve? (Se DarkCross' illustration above)

LTBasker
11-18-2002, 01:04 AM
I think it's an observation station. Obviously they would've needed a good way of monitoring Cloud City's stability for hovering in the skies.

scruffziller
11-22-2002, 08:29 AM
I think that piece of metal was one of R2-D2's chrome hubcaps. At some point between Episode 3 and ANH, R2 is corrupted by a "gangsta" virus. He installs a boomin' system, lowers his legs, adds chrome hubcaps, adds extra hydrolics in his legs, and mounted a hood ornament on his forhead. That's where TRU and Hasbro got the idea of the Silver R2.

Just prior R2 was restored to normal, but C-3PO kept the one hubcap to remind R2 not to talk to talk to strange computers on the internet.:crazed:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

THAT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE FUNNIEST POSTS I HAVE EVER READ!!!!!!!!!

Darkross
11-29-2002, 11:02 AM

If he did eject, I doubt he would have had the time to get far enough away from the Death Star. There was a real good chance he would have been either engulfed in the explosion of the Death Star or shreaded by the fragments.

Now, if he did eject....

Look! Its a spacestaion!

That's no spacestaion. Its the size of a small moon!

NO! It's Jek Porkins!

True...

Now I watched ANH this last night...and I recall Biggs telling Jek to pullup...and then saying his name again..."JEK"...Jek replies...no I'm alright...and then gets blown to pieces!

mini-rock
11-29-2002, 11:09 AM
I didn't know Biggs was saying "Jek" I always thought he said "eject". :confused:

stillakid
11-29-2002, 11:36 AM
I didn't know Biggs was saying "Jek" I always thought he said "eject". :confused:

You're correct. It is "eject." Although, I can't seem to find that line of dialogue in any of my web searches for the screenplay.:confused:

Darkross
12-02-2002, 10:39 AM
You're correct. It is "eject." Although, I can't seem to find that line of dialogue in any of my web searches for the screenplay.:confused:

Perhaps this matter would be resolved if someone could watch the film with Closed Captioning. ???

mini-rock
12-02-2002, 10:54 AM
Your right Darkross. I have the laserdiscs though, and can't use that the way my system is set up. However I did watch the movie over the weekend and Biggs does say "eject".:)