PDA

View Full Version : 8 new Unleased figures in 2003?

Battle Droid
10-16-2002, 07:53 PM
action-figure reports that there'll be 8 new one's in 2003 including Slave Leia and Vader Redux.

Wonder what the other 6 will be?

Beast
10-16-2002, 08:00 PM
Yoda is one of the Unleashed figures planned for next year, according to early Hasbro retailer orderbooks. So that is one more that is confirmed. I'm betting the others will be main charecters, with one of them definatly being Chewbacca. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
10-16-2002, 08:03 PM
Based on comparable Saga counterparts, the other six are likely:

Yoda (AOTC)
Luke (TESB)
Han (ANH)
Chewbacca (ANH)
Qui-Gon (TPM)
Obi-Wan (AOTC)

Battle Droid
10-16-2002, 08:07 PM
I wish they'd do some droids.

I really liked Tychos idea of the Super Battle Droid knocking down a regular Battle Droid.

Turbowars
10-16-2002, 08:07 PM
What is Vader "REDUX"?

Beast
10-16-2002, 08:16 PM
Just another version of Vader. A removable helmet version would be cool. Either that or him kneeled on the holographic pad from ESB when he talks to the Emperor. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
10-16-2002, 08:29 PM
Those ideas don't really scream 'unleashed', though. I would invest in a statue of Vader swinging his saber through Ben's robes. That could have some incredible artistic interpretation. :)

Prince Xizor
10-16-2002, 08:34 PM
I would like to see these as the other 5:

Obi-Wan from Kamino. All wet holding his lightsaber and looking up.

The Emperor from ROTJ shooting force lightning.

Luke from ESB after having his hand sliced off. Maybe it could connect to the Vader Unleashed.

Chewie with 3PO on his back, holding a blaster.

A Royal Guard. Just standing there, with great detail. I would love haveing two of those on my desk.

Beast
10-16-2002, 08:37 PM
What about an Uber Darth Vader: Unleashed? They could have him holding the Emperor above his head, with the Emperor's force lightning flowing over Vader's helmet and body. That and the Chewbacca set would more then make up for the fact that you will have to pay the same price for Yoda. :cool: :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
10-16-2002, 08:39 PM
Ok then, we will get Slave Leia, Vader and Yoda, who will make up the other 5? How about #1, Boba Fett flying in ROTJ, #2, Jedi Luke ROTJ, #3, R2 getting shot with all his doors and arms hanging out in ROTJ. #4, Tusken Raider #5 Mon Mothra. LOL

Old Fossil
10-16-2002, 08:40 PM
A pair of Unleashed Stormtroopers might be worth the money, or Sandtroopers, or Snowtroopers...

Old Fossil
10-16-2002, 08:42 PM
Or Aunt Beru Unleashed (after Luke and Owen are late for supper again)...

Turbowars
10-16-2002, 08:43 PM
LOLOLOLOLLHAHA good one!

Beast
10-16-2002, 08:44 PM
I don't think we're gonna see any secondary charecters in the line. Atleast not for a while. There isn't much you can do dynamic and intresting with secondary charecters that would really catch people's intrest. R2-D2 and especially C-3PO are also going to be hard to figure out how to do dynamically. Since neither of them do really anything that is all that visually intresting. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
10-16-2002, 08:49 PM
I don't know, I can totaly see Unleashed R2 all messed up, being shocked and smoking with all his door open and arms extented in ROTJ. It would be relly cool!

Lord Tenebrous
10-16-2002, 08:54 PM
R2 would definately need some electronic features to sell it. Maybe a smoke canister, and remote-controlled region activators. Sounds more like a toy than a statue, though.

Turbowars
10-16-2002, 09:01 PM
Man why does everyone have to shot me down, that's it, I'm not logging on anymore!

Lord Tenebrous
10-16-2002, 09:03 PM
It's discussion, man - I'm just playing devil's advocate. If you like and idea enough, you'll find some way to sell it. Like, you could say that R2 is short, and electronics would equalize the price, and that it would be sort of like 'motion art', like those fiber-optic trees or something. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-16-2002, 09:05 PM
I want to cast my vote for "Whiny Luke: Unleashed" like with that blasted look on his face when he's whining to Uncle Owen in ANH. Perhaps have him kicking his foot with some "unleashed dirt particles" in the air too. You could even include an add from the local "Tatooine Times" about a big sale at Tashi Station on Power Converters!!! Maybe have it in his hand. Just my thoughts though. :D

Turbowars
10-16-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
It's discussion, man - I'm just playing devil's advocate. If you like and idea enough, you'll find some way to sell it. Like, you could say that R2 is short, and electronics would equalize the price, and that it would be sort of like 'motion art', like those fiber-optic trees or something. :) I was just kiddn around, I'm not bent;)

gsr-jedi
10-16-2002, 10:07 PM
I'll cast my vote for 1.)Boba Fett, 2.)Chewbacca, 3.)Ben Kenobi, 4.)Han Solo, 5.)Stormtrooper. They could do a deluxe Unleashed, it could be Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike.

Darth Detori
10-16-2002, 10:09 PM
god, yoda unleashed will be insane to find, I gaurantee it.
and Vader Unleashed round 2 could be pretty cool if they chose the right scene (or copy the kotubiyoyadayada version ;).

Sith Lord 0498
10-16-2002, 10:46 PM
I don't know if any of you are familiar with this piece of art, but I have a lithograph of Dave Dorman's "Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith" and that would make a TERRIFIC Vader Unleashed. It's Vader walking through a column of fire with his lightsaber ignited and robes billowing behind him. Really conveys the sense of evil within him.

Jayspawn
10-17-2002, 12:16 AM
Well I'm excited. Boba Fett, Yoda and Stormtrooper remain on the top of my Unleashed wishlist.

Tycho
10-17-2002, 01:48 AM
I don't remember exactly where my Unleashed Dream List was posted, but I'll go over the ideas I think of now. They'll probably match.

Han Solo, first, is discussed the least in this thread. His Stormtrooper disguise outfit is represented the least. Him fighting in the detention cell rescue could make an awesome Unleashed.

Being that they must be extreme action or extreme emotion moments for the character:

Han jumping through the blast doors on the Death Star...

Han in his gunner station chair blasting something...

Han weilding Luke's lightsaber to chop TaunTaun...

Han blasting at Vader in the dinning room scene...

Han in the Bespin Torture Chair screaming...

Han coming unfrozen - and literally Unleashed...

Han jumping for cover from the Endor Shield Generator Blast...

And now, while we're discussing the stormtrooper disguise figure possibility:

Luke in Stormtrooper gear, struggling against the Dianoga...

Luke swinging on the Death Star bridge (have to be w. Leia)...

Luke in the tree cave, staring down at his own face in a severed Vader head....

Luke being hurled out the Bespin window...

Luke hanging on listening to Vader, less one hand...

Luke hanging from the weather vane under Cloud City...

Luke Jedi, on the attack with his lightsaber on the sailbarge...

Luke Jedi, on the attack with a bone or throwing the skull in the rancor cage....

Luke Endor, on the speederbike....

Luke Endor, deflecting blasts from the bikerscout....

Luke totally enraged, driven to finally disarm Vader with all his anger....

Luke Jedi, standing before his father's funeral pyre....

DARN-IT! Now I want all of these!!!!

InsaneJediGirl
10-17-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Sith Lord 0498
I don't know if any of you are familiar with this piece of art, but I have a lithograph of Dave Dorman's "Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith" and that would make a TERRIFIC Vader Unleashed. It's Vader walking through a column of fire with his lightsaber ignited and robes billowing behind him. Really conveys the sense of evil within him.

I have seen the piece of art you are talking about Sith Lord 0498.That would be a awesome Vader Unleashed figure,and one worth getting.For those who dont know the piece of art it can
be found here (http://members.tripod.com/~lordofsith/vaderfire.jpg)

I'd like to see a Han,Chewie,ROTJ Boba Fett,ROTJ Luke and Biker Scout on Bike.A Royal Guard and Stormtrooper would be nice as well:)

The Overlord Returns
10-17-2002, 12:11 PM
I have two words for you:

Gonk: Unleashed.

seriously though....I don't think we're gonna see unleashed versions of figures at weakened moments. The unleashed line seems to show these characters at their ultimate cool moments, so I'm thinking Luke crying sans hand, and Han being tortured by his girlfriends dad are not going to happen.

Most likely for Han: Taking shots at Vader in ESB, or something close to that.

LUke: Either Jedi Knight outfit with some sort of dynamic pose....or ESB

Personally I think clonetrooper needs to be done, as they are just too cool for words.

Other than that.....Boba Fett as an adult is a lock for this line...

Darth Detori
10-17-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
I have two words for you:

Gonk: Unleashed.

LOL!!!! That made my night!

Battle Droid
10-17-2002, 07:55 PM
Sith Probe Droid : Unleashed.
Pit Droid : Unleashed.
Treadmill Droid : Unleashed.

gsr-jedi
10-17-2002, 08:44 PM
The link to that picture isn't working, it took me to a picture that said "Image hosted by Tripod".

I thought of some more ideas.
a) the Emperor using Force Lightning on Luke
b) Luke with the Dianoga
c) Luke in Stormtrooper, Han in Stormtrooper, Leia, & Chewie; all in the Detention Cell walkway; they could be four separate sets and connect together
d) Luke in the Wampas cave using the Force to grab his lightsaber
e) Yoda & Luke in Dagobah training
f) Han blasting Greedo
g) Leia choking Jabba
and h) if they hadn't made Jango with Boba, they could have released Jango separately flying and Boba when he puts his head to his dad's helmet after the Arena battle

I think that's all.

Sith Lord 0498
10-17-2002, 08:52 PM
I discovered the same problem with the link. But here's one that I've just found, so it should work.

http://www.dormanart.com/Starwars/le_prints/swvader.htm

Believe me, it looks even better framed and hanging on the wall right above my Icons Darth Vader saber replica. :)

UPDATE: I neglected to mention this. The pictures have a Dorman 95 watermark on it. Just so nobody thinks that's actually part of the print.

gsr-jedi
10-17-2002, 08:57 PM
Thanks Sith Lord 0498, that picture is awesome, it would definitely make a great Unleashed.

Wolfwood319
10-17-2002, 09:40 PM
I think that the line only works if the figures are really "Unleashed." Han using Luke's saber on a dead Taun Taun isn't really...Unleashed. Han fighting in the Detention cell is Unleashed.

I'd like to see;

ROTJ Luke - when fighting Vader
Obi-Wan - Kamino is a good choice, I also think maybe a TPM version would be cool, like when he does that jump-kick
Chewie - Anything with Chewie shooting his bowcaster would be cool in my book
Qui-Gon - Robed and kickin' Battle Droid booty

Just some of my choices...

Dark Lord Kakorotto
10-18-2002, 12:38 AM
definiantly a luke either slicing boba's smart rope or attacking vader in a rage on the death star.

leia choking jabba would be very impressive

an emperor palpatine is also needed most likely when attacking luke or a deluxe unleashed with the for-mentioned vader tossing him into the death star core

a han charging after the lonley stormtrooper in anh only to discover the legion waiting for him

a chewy in the moment of hitting a stormtrooper away

last but not least yoda, gripping his lightsaber with both hands thats all i want

187-Maul
10-18-2002, 06:40 AM
I already postwd my want list in the dear hasbro unleashed thread but here are some I can remember (or now added):

Emperor Palpatine with force-lightning (ROTJ)
Luke Jedi with lightsaber in fighting pose (ROTJ)
Stormtrooper in shooting pose (OT)
Clonetrooper in shooting-pose (AOTC)
Droideka with deflector-shield (remov.) (TPM or AOTC)
Obi-Wan fighting on Kamino (AOTC) OR
Obi-Wan Duel (either TPM or AOTC)
Boba Fett shooting (ESB or ROTJ)
Darktrooper (Dark Forces EU)

Darth Detori
10-18-2002, 11:35 PM
Qui-Gon, for me, would have to be him cutting through the control ship doors.
Obi-Wan would be in cooler pose than you'd see in the movies. My ideal Obi-Wan unleashed would be him drenched in rain, his hair weighed down as well as his clothes. The base would have a half-circle cut in it, and the end of obi's saber blade at the end of the half-circle. His other hand would be at a ready position slightly behind him.
Luke hoth would make a cool one since you could do a detailed snowy base. He'd be in a dramatic kung-fuey pose too.
Han would have to be in the detention block, as has been said.
Chewie... hell I have no clue; gotta be firing the bowcaster though!
Slave Leia... now her choking Jabba would be questionable since that'd have to be a PRETTY BIG jabba, in part or in whole. Now her with a vibro-axe held in a ready position would be more realistic (from the sail barge; interpretationary)
As for Yoda, oh soooooooooooooo many poses. I suppose what I'd like to see is either one of him on the ground in a pose in which he could be catching lightning or holding his saber, or him bounding off of a wall; one foot would hold him into the wall; he could be holding his saber over his head with his other two hands, or something.
Boba Fett would be him landing on the skiff, but only the heel of one foot would be on the base. in one hand would be his rifle, and the jet pack would have a flame effect on it.

Darth Evil
10-19-2002, 05:25 AM
I'd like an Emperor Palpatine with Force Lightning, though Hasbro don't seem to like him, we need a new Basic one too!

marcusfett
10-19-2002, 07:00 AM
What about a Leia as Boussh with removeable helmet and a thermal detanator? Or a Leia Bespin molded in her sprinting pose as she tries to catch Boba Fett before he leaves Cloud City with Han? There really needs to be more interpretations of Leia!

Tycho
10-19-2002, 07:03 AM
I don't want too many Unleashed, as much as I love the line. I also am concerned about my wallet. But...

I think that one of each character, or at least per significant wardrobe change would be cool.

I just thought of how I'd like a Leia and Luke.

The ANH movie poster, where Luke has his lightsaber raised above his head? That'd be too cool.

If it's only 1 (one) character, then make a Luke from ANH like that.

Make Leia in her ceremony scene dress, but with her hair in the buns and holding a "Han Solo (DL-44) laser blaster" in that same movie-poster-pose.

Turbowars
10-19-2002, 10:42 AM
Last night my wife bought me a Unleashed Anny that would complete the set of 7. He is by far the best yet

Tycho
10-19-2002, 03:13 PM
Yes, I think Anakin is my favorite. However, when I woke up this morning, I was admiring my Darth Vader that I keep by my bed. He's very authentic and just too cool!

The other day it was Mace Windu I was into.

It's easier to say that I look at my Darth Maul Unleashed the least. The quality is there, it's just that ever since 1999 I've been alergic to Darth Maul selections.:rolleyes:

I like the Jango/Boba Fett Unleashed more than most of you I gather, but I think Anakin Skywalker has the best movement, the most motion and excitement, and sheer "rage" to it.

I agree: ANAKIN ROCKS!!!

hango fett
10-19-2002, 07:10 PM
as long as there is a yoda in this line, i don't care. oooh...yoda unleashed....gives me chills!
h

Darth Sidious
10-19-2002, 09:54 PM
Here are a few of my ideas. If they have been mentioned, then I'm sorry, I must have missed it.
-Obi-Wan blocking force lightning with his saber.
-OR Obi/Droideka Hologram unleashed. It would be bigger and a bit more expensive.
-I know Tycho wants this, and so do I: MOUSE DROID UNLEASHED!!! With extra strong scent and scent refills, and a plastic greenish "Fog" around it.
-Nexu Unleashed. It wouldn't be that much bigger, so the price would be about the same. Just less background stuff. Imagine the poses they could do with that...
-Kit Fisto unleashed w/hand outstretched in "Force-push" position and his smile. :D
-3PO w/ BD head (Or is it BD w/ 3PO head? I can't remember), falling backwards, this set could attach to the Kit Fisto set.
-Rick McCallum unleashed, in worship pose in front of GL's throne. His nose would be quite brown. :D

Well, that's it for now. If I have any other ideas I'll add them.

Tycho
10-20-2002, 02:55 AM
Well, GalacticHunter.com just announced the next 3 Unleashed Figures.

Are they the next 3 after the next 2, or the next 3 after the next 3?

Are you still with me?

First it was confirmed that:

#1 = Slave Leia
#2 = Master Yoda

then it was suggested that

#2 (or #3?) was Darth Vader #2 (not Bespin Vader in other words).

Now we can only assume that Unleased 4-5-6 are confirmed to be:

#4 Luke Skywalker (unknown style at this time...please be Jedi, Tatooine, or Stormtrooper!)

#5 Obi-Wan Kenobi (unknown age or style at this time...please be in the rain fight w. Jango!)

#6 Darth Sidious (unknown age or style at this time...please mean that is Emperor Palpatine with Dark Side Lightning! or some kind of trippy "Phantom hologram" might work....but I'd rather this figure be from ROTJ and then shouldn't it be called Emperor Palpatine???

Now I realize that the Luke is the most controversial... Vader was done from Bespin, so shouldn't Luke be? Yeah, later.... We had Epic Force Luke Bespin and we have a 3 3/4" on the racks right now.

While most Tatooine Luke's are sickening, the one from the main movie poster with the lightsaber above his head could be a seriously cool icon piece. Yeah, he'll be extra buff, but that was how the movie's fantasy poster was...

The Stormtrooper Luke struggling with the Dianoga won't be too bad as the Walmart piece for the 3 3/4" will be exclusive. The stormtrooper uniforms are just too cool, so Luke would have to look good this way.

A Jedi Knight Luke just rocks for the obvious reason - and it's cool he's no longer a whiny little brat - he's been "Unleashed" from his adolescence and unlearned what he had learned. Complete would be his training, and awesome would be his Unleashed...

(and I'm talking like Yoda again, so I better quit while ahead, I am...)

:crazed:

Tycho
10-20-2002, 02:59 AM
Oh, and if these are figures 1-6, and we'll be getting 8 initially, will the last ones be...

Han? (hope so)
Chewie (hope so)

Boba Fett (groan, but hopefully done really cool - shooting the tangle cord would be the best and most different they could make him)

Lando (which outfit? Skiff Guard could be really original!)

Qui-Gon (cutting through the Trade Federation Bridge Doors was a good idea!)

Or something like a Tusken Raider or Clone Trooper which would make an awesome Unleashed figure!

Turbowars
10-20-2002, 10:19 AM
For those who care, I did a review/rate type thing in the REVIEWS forum for the Unleashed, check it out! I don't know how to link it, so I'll try soon, or someone do it for me;)