PDA

View Full Version : What's this? SACUL to be a UK release

Turbowars
10-16-2002, 09:14 PM
Is it true? If it is, I hope I can get one for less than $50

Beast
10-16-2002, 09:22 PM
Hasbro UK's been talking about it for a while now, that they wanted to make it available to people outside the US that didn't have access to Cel2. It was mentioned in tonight's Hasbro UK chat. Another blow to the high Ebay Scalper prices. Jorg's been steadily dropping there for a while. This should help even more. :)

David wants to know: "We keep seeing tempters that the Jorg Sacul figure will soon be available to certain retailers but as yet nothing has materialised. Is there a way to ensure the distribution of these figures reaches the true fans and not dealers who will sell to the true fans at a grossly inflated price - maybe release them through HasbroJedi?. We are still waiting on the 25th anniversary R2D2. Can you confirm that this will be available at all UK Toys R Us stores, as I understand that the Darth Vader figure was only available at selected stores (a date would also be nice)."

Nick R said: Hi David - I can reveal taht the Jorg Sacul figures will be available through The Entertainer toy chain. As this is their promotion Hasbro do not know precisely when this will run or what the mechanic will be but it will definitely happen this year.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
10-16-2002, 09:25 PM
I guess it helps to read.

JangoFart
10-16-2002, 10:07 PM
Bah, read schmead......

Wait for the movie!

J

gibbspaulus
10-17-2002, 05:09 AM
I work 2mins from my local The Entertainer- guess I need to get talking to the shop staff really nicely!

Lewis
10-17-2002, 07:17 AM
Could anyone let me know the e-mail address for The Entertainer please!! Im going to a toy fair on sunday but i bet i dont see a Sacul their..:crazed:

gibbspaulus
10-17-2002, 11:01 AM
Go to www.thetoyshop.com.

Jayspawn
10-17-2002, 12:30 PM
Heck, half the people in the U.S. didn't have good access to Celebration II or Sacul. I still would like to get one someday.

Chiesa
10-17-2002, 03:35 PM
I really hope that the sacul will be re released!! hehehe that would bring down those sculpers really really hard!! POW!!!

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-17-2002, 05:51 PM
Bah, I thought they destroyed the mold. Of the head, anyway. Who cares anyway, I have two already.

Turbowars
10-17-2002, 07:01 PM
2, then give me one! I'll give you $20, $10 for the figure and an Exta 10 just because I like you.;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-17-2002, 08:27 PM
Erm, no. Thanks anyway, one's to open and one to keep carded.

bigbarada
10-17-2002, 09:02 PM
Remember all that talk, shortly after Cel2, about how this figure was going to put someone's kids through college? Since there had never been a figure made only for a convention and in such limited quantities, then this was going to be the one to own and would make the vinyl-caped Jawa, blue Snaggletooth and double-telescoping Luke, Vader and Ben look like pegwarmers?

Isn't it ironic?

Don't you think?:p

Turbowars
10-17-2002, 09:07 PM
It's funny, that's what it is! I'm happy I never hunted him down for 100++ LOL, Those e-bay sellers crack me up! Very limited, get it while you can, LOL Funny stuff. I bet it wont be so funny to the suckers that bought them for high $$$

fourtwo
10-17-2002, 10:25 PM
100 + for a small piece of plastic. i don't get it. people are suckers.

JangoFart
10-18-2002, 01:40 AM
Well, I think it is genuine, USDA, certified CRAP that they are releasing that figure ANYWHERE other than Celebration 2. I don't recall seeing the "fill-in-the-blank"- Con C-3PO being sold in the US anywhere. Leave "exclusive" to mean at least SOMETHING akin to its definition.

By the way, it's heartening to know that the "Rusty" kid from that movie "Mask" is getting some kind, ANY KIND, of work nowadays. Just check it out here:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=13409

Good LORD that sucker would scare the horns off of a nanny goat!

J

Dave_Cameron
10-18-2002, 02:25 PM
Then again, the Threepio was just a reissue in a different box. The Jorg Sacul is a completely new figure.

JangoFart
10-18-2002, 03:10 PM
The mold of the figure is not THE important thing. What is, is that BOTH are considered EXCLUSIVE to something or another. If it is exclusive, it is SUPPOSED to be available ONLY at whichever merchant has the exclusivity.

They should either make all figures available to everyone and get rid of the "exclusive" part or make exclusive figures somewhat exclusive.

J

bigbarada
10-18-2002, 03:26 PM
The only thing "all-new" about Sacul is his headsculpt. The body and helmet are from the POTF2 Cinema Scene Wedge figure.

Turbowars
10-18-2002, 06:37 PM
JangoFart is just mad because he paid $175 for his, HeHe!

QLD
10-18-2002, 11:10 PM
I traded a bloody luke for my Jorg.

But then someone offered me $75 for it, and I couldn't say no. :D

Turbowars
10-19-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I traded a bloody luke for my Jorg.

But then someone offered me $75 for it, and I couldn't say no. :D So now you don't have either one?? I think I would have held on to Lucas!

Old Fossil
10-19-2002, 01:57 PM
Hell, if I had a Sacul figure I'd trade it for a large pepperoni pizza with extra cheese.

Turbowars
10-19-2002, 02:01 PM
You hate it that much Twodot? LOL

Lewis
10-19-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by gibbspaulus
Go to www.thetoyshop.com.

Thanks gibbspaulus! Nice site :) :rolleyes:

Lewis
10-19-2002, 06:29 PM
I think the Jorg Sacul figure is a nice addition to the pilot collection, put aside the price variations, What a very nice & respectful way to portray THE MAN himself, if I won the competition Hasbro set to have a figure done in your likeness, I would have been a pilot aswell..... :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

Old Fossil
10-19-2002, 08:30 PM
Nah, don't hate it, per se, just don't see what's so special about it, besides the fact that it's rare. I'm not a completist, but I guess there are many collectors out there who are and are mad as all get-out that they have to pay so much to get one nowadays. To each his own. Just give me a pizza instead of a Jorg.

BTW, mods, I apologize for slipping that expletive in my earlier post... a moment of weakness.

Sinister Lord
10-19-2002, 08:38 PM
I think some of you guys are crazy to paying so much for an action figure. I probably wouldn't pay more than five bucks for a Jorg Sacul, it's just not worth more than that... and it will probably get reissued as a general release at some point, so, at least to me, it all seems rather foolish to pay more than the going rate for figures in the general Saga line, which is five bucks a piece.

Turbowars
10-20-2002, 11:06 AM
Yeah, well what do you know!!! J/K;) I think I might pay $10, that's what it sold for at the CON, but $5 sounds even better!

hurrikane
10-21-2002, 12:19 AM
I'll give you a Heroclix vision for a Jorge"rip-off" sacul . Best deal in the whole wide world.

JangoFart
10-21-2002, 01:46 AM
LOL, turbo!

No, I didn't pay that much and would not pay that much for any non-vintage figure. I did, however, pay $75.00 for mine and have no regrets.

J

Turbowars
10-21-2002, 07:02 PM
LOL how come it took you that long to reply?? I want one,but now that they might go down, I'll wait. BTW, I was J/k

JangoFart
10-21-2002, 07:04 PM
Been outta state since Friday. Hit every stinkin' Wal-Mart on the way and didn't see anything newer than Anakin TA. Looked for those Clone Pilots for ya, though.

J

Turbowars
10-21-2002, 07:13 PM
Thanks dude! I was wondering were you were!

QLD
10-22-2002, 02:17 AM
I have the Bespin Luke, but I preferred the peg version to the bloody version anyway. And no, I don't have a Sacul, but I'll live. Eventually I'll get another on my terms. I've waited years for Zuckuss, I am not going to get anxious over a Sacul.