PDA

View Full Version : Chicagoland Fall/Winter Extravaganza!

Pages : [1] 2

skyywalkerr
10-17-2002, 04:00 PM
Welcome to the NEW! and IMPROVED! CHICAGOLAND FALL/WINTER EXTRAVAGANZA OF TOYS! Ok, I had to do somehing to get everyone psyched up for the release of the Christmas push of figures....so here we are at the beginning again...I wish I knew how to make this a crawl up into a field of stars...hmmmm

skyywalkerr
10-18-2002, 12:56 AM
There was a lone Anakin TA at the TRU on Golf as of 920 tonight

Wolfwood319
10-18-2002, 01:02 AM
"Yeah buddy...yeah buddy" - Brak

Anywho, I'll reiterate just to get the new board rollin'. Golf Mill had Lott Dodd, TA Anakin, Maul, Teemto, Tusken, Watto, and Ki today at 3pm. I don't know if skyywalkerr hit the same TRU or not, but there were loads of them there earlier.

Also, KB in Golf Mill had 6 of the Window box Starfighter w/ Obi-Wan today as well.

u156446
10-18-2002, 08:23 AM
My TRUs are lacking this new stuff. Here's what I hit in the last 24 hours:
Walmart Rand Rd: Nothing new, 2 gunships, one set of new action fleet (still there as of this morning), 5 Acklays
Target Rand Rd: Nothing
TRU Rand Rd: Nothing
TRU Orland Park: Nothing new, loads of Luke/TaunTaun, X-Wing
Target Orland Park: Nothing
Walmart Orland Park: Nothing
KB Orland Park: Nothing
Walmart Bridgeview: Loads of late figs #40 and under

KIDD
10-18-2002, 09:33 AM
well my TRU has all the new waves in besides the ephant mon wave

u156446
10-18-2002, 09:41 AM
They always do!

skyywalkerr
10-18-2002, 10:05 AM
Yeah I think the only TRUs in the area that DON'T have the new waves o ut are the only ones that are convenient for me to get to :)

u156446
10-18-2002, 02:24 PM
skyywalkerr: Thanks for the trade. Any luck with finds on your way home?

skyywalkerr
10-18-2002, 04:26 PM
Thank you too u156446...found the new deluxe figs at Kmart in Palatine, but didn't buy them...too expensive, but real ly really wanted that Speeder Bike Trooper...oh well, HOPEFULLY they will show up again soon!

u156446
10-18-2002, 07:57 PM
found tusken w/massif at kmart on 111th & cicero tonight. where's the kmart in palatine (for future reference - won't be in that area til monday)?

KIDD
10-18-2002, 09:17 PM
k-mart in norridge had all the new dlx figures and the lott dodd wave as of 7:30 tonight

KIDD
10-19-2002, 10:57 AM
found all the new wave of dlx and regular carded figures today on my run down rand rd.

KIDD
10-19-2002, 11:08 AM
www.galactichunter.com is up and running again lets take it back over there

Wolfwood319
10-19-2002, 06:28 PM
Got to thank KIDD again for helping me again today. :D

Anywho, Target on Mannheim and Touhy had Action Fleet wave 2 and 2 Dlx Geo Warriors.

KIDD
10-19-2002, 08:07 PM
anytime wolf just let me know

skyywalkerr
10-20-2002, 01:00 PM
Okay I was in Vernon HIlls yesterday for work, and checked TRU, Walmart and Target...my question is this: How in the HELL does anyone who lives there survive???? NOTHING even remotely new, and Target was like a barren wasteland. The ONLY interesting thing I saw was at Walmart...it was an Anakin interactive lightsaver, som ething I had never heard of. OH well. And the TRU on Rand had a Jango pilot at 845 last night when I stopped. But I got it :) Oh and u1, that KMart is on Hicks Road, near Northwest Highway

u156446
10-20-2002, 08:29 PM
Short of anyone finding Ephant Mon, I may have the find of the weekend. Stopped at Kmart on 95th & Pulaski last night and found a beat-up EP1 Naboo Royal Guard. The figure was in great shape, but the card was peeling and faded on the back. Believing that if they found one deep in their stockroom, there might be more, I took a step back & scanned the pegs. Over a few rows, I found it: Queen Amidala (Battle). Great condition (I won't say mint, but only a single crease on the card), but real dusty. I took them both for $4 each. I figure I can always trade the NRG to an opener later (interested?). The Amidala figure cleaned up nicely as well.

KIDD: Which stores on Rand had the new basic figs? Need to decide for my lunch run tomorrow whether to head up Rand (and how far) or to head to Norridge Kmart (assuming it's across from Harlem-Irving Plaza, correct?)

skyywalkerr
10-20-2002, 09:42 PM
Palatine KMart had the Lott Dodd wave...was hoping they still had the deluxe figs but no such luck

vader_62
10-21-2002, 09:02 AM
Skyywalker, it is hard to survive up north. I live in Gurnee, but I go down to Vernon Hills all the time.

Anyway, I met the coolest TRU employee ever at the TRU in Gurnee. He had just finished stocking tons of new figs. His motto was if they are in the back, they can't be sold. I would ask for something and he would go and get it. They had tons of Anakin TA, Darth Maul Sith Training, Teemto, Ki-Adi Mundi, Padme CA and I was able to get the only Endor Tooper w/o beard (the TRU employee went and got me a fresh case so I could get this one.). The only figures I am missing are the Clone Pilot, Jango Pilot and the elusive Ephant Mon. The TRU guy said that he saw Ephant Mon, but he was only 1 per case. Not sure if this true, but he seemed to know his stuff.

Now the bad news...
I was there in the afternoon on Friday and went back on Saturday to pick up a couple extra figures to open, but all I found were a lot of Anakin TA. There is one Padme CA that I hid behind some stuffed E.T.s. If it is still there, anybody can have it.

icatch9
10-21-2002, 02:28 PM
I live in Vernon Hills and it isn't that easy. I did buy an Arena Playset at WM last week. From what I understand that is still rare in Chicago.

I do have all the new figures with the exception of Ephan Mon, but I don't think a single one of them came from VH. It doesn't matter it's not as if these are going to be hard to find. The report that TRU are going to get in tons of new figures seems to be true. So in a few weeks they'll be plenty for everyone.

Found Watto, Lott Dodd, Pilot Jango, Pilot Padme, and Pilot Clone at at TRU just south of the city. Well, about 3 hourse south in Champaign IL (U of I). Now I'm even with what everyone has found with the exception of Ephan Mon, but he's not out in full force yet. But he'll be easy just like the rest of them.

Kidd why would you want us to go over to GH again when there surver cannot be trusted? SSG has provided years of great service without any kinds of problems?

I'm staying put at SSG :D.

Hey guys only 5 more days til St. Charles. Did everyone save thier allowance?? I'm getting excited :D:D:D:D:D

skyywalkerr
10-21-2002, 04:39 PM
Schaumburg TRU has joined the bandwagona nd put out TONS of the new waves, as expected...except for the blond Endor Soldier, which I am sure someone has gone through all of them and picked them out already :mad: But they had the Padme, new Jango, TA Anakin, Maul, Watto, Lott Dodd,and Tusken Raider. Have fun :D
And I refuse to go to Galactic Hunter because that tool Adam Pawlus (from Yakface) is there...I really cannot stand that kid

Flembar
10-21-2002, 05:39 PM
what is yakface?

skyywalkerr
10-21-2002, 08:18 PM
www.yakface.com, which was the first SW collector site I discovered way back when...Adam Pawlus is a self-appointed expert who used to do a pretty cool newsletter, then got a bit too big for his britches, and ran a Q&A on Yakface, where it was basically a forum for him to act all superior to people who asked him questions. When I met this kid at SWC2, I know why. He is what everyone thinks of when they think 'Internet Geek'. Your basic pasty-faced 90 pound weakling who can only say things behind a screen. So yeah, it's a good site now, without all the snide remarks in what is supposed to be 'news' Check it out

u156446
10-22-2002, 09:09 AM
Kmart seems to be the hot spot now. Hit the one in Palatine during lunch yesterday. All the Lott Dod waves figs had the same large crease across the front of the blister. Hit Kmart on Oakton & Lee. Had lots of Anakin TA, Maul, Padme CA. Hit Kmart on 79th & Harlem. Had lots of Anakin TA, Maul, Padme CA, Teemto, Ki-Adi. Found one deluxe clonetrooper and one deluxe Geonosian in less than mint condition. Left them both - don't collect deluxe. Should I have picked them up for trade?

skyywalkerr
10-22-2002, 09:53 AM
I'd have traded ya for them!

icatch9
10-22-2002, 11:29 AM
Hey, does anyone know if the K Mart on Mecham in Schamburg still has all the peg warmers for $2.50?? I know they had them at that price a short time ago, but I haven't been over there for a couple of weeks.

It seems that the rumor that TRU is sending back all the pegwarmers to Hasbro for newer assorts is true. Does anyone else think that means that we'll find all the peg warmers at some second rate store for super cheap? I hope so, but who knows. Kenner had to destroy a bunch of vintage figures back in the mid 80's because it was more cost effective than selling them at a reduced rate. I wouldn't mind burning a couple Saga 3P0's myself. Any thoughts??

skyywalkerr
10-22-2002, 01:43 PM
Check your Dollar General stores, or the equivalent, they had a bunch of Episode 1 stuff this past spring. Well, by that I mean Darth Mauls and Senator Palpatine figures

u156446
10-23-2002, 08:11 AM
skyywalkerr: sent you a pm

u156446
10-23-2002, 08:13 AM
TRU on Cicero in Bridgeview had Maul, Anakin TA, Lott Dod, Watto, Tusken, Ki-Adi, Teemto. No blond endor soldier. Picked up Lott Dod for myself and left the others.

icatch9
10-23-2002, 08:40 AM
Found Force Flipping Action Deluxe Anakin last night at Vernon Hills Target on 60. They had 2 left but less than mint packages. A pretty week figure. Same mold as Obi Wan but with a goofy Anakin head.

TRU in Vernon Hills had a few of TA Anakin, Maul, Ki Ada Mundi, and Yoda. Had plenty of room for even more. Same with Target. Very exciting for us collectors in the north west.

More exciting news is that memo on the main page about Wal Mart sending back 18 differnt peg warmers in exchange for new figures. Looks as if Hasbro is fininally getting it act together!!

This Holiday Season might be pretty good for Star Wars fans :D:D!!

skyywalkerr
10-23-2002, 09:32 AM
TRU on Rand had the Clone Pilot c ases, I asked and the guy was more than happy to bring out a case. He also said to watch for bins, they just hadn't set them up yet.

u156446
10-23-2002, 01:04 PM
Hit TRU on Rand. The helpful employee brought out the only three cases they had in the back. Waves 4, 6, & 6.5 (Anakin TA & Maul). He said they were expecting more on Friday.

vader_62
10-23-2002, 01:59 PM
Kmart in Round Lake had all three new Deluxe figures. I agree with icatch9, Deluxe Anakin is pretty weak. Same goes for the Flying Geonosian, maybe, it'll be good for army builders or diorama makers. The Clone Trooper with Speederbike is pretty cool, but I can wait until they are less than 10.99 a piece.

u156446
10-24-2002, 07:47 AM
I picked up a Deluxe Clone Trooper and Deluxe Geonosian on Tuesday night. If anyone wants them, I'd be interested in a trade first, otherwise, I'd be open to simple reimbursement for the cost.

ajaugie1
10-24-2002, 11:23 AM
Hey Chi-town. First, thanks to everyone with their reporting. Many of you have helped lead me down the path, so to speak, of locating the goods. The only figures I have yet to find are the blond Endor soldier, Ephant, and the latest deluxes (C3PO / Battle droid on) but I'm patient and will find them in time. Nothing new in the western suburbs. I did find a Red Battle Droid / Mace Deluxe at Target on Toughy. That was the only one on the shelf at the time. It's the first one I have seen. Anyone else having luck finding this pair? One last thing...is anyone seeing Ackelay's on the shelves anymore. Passed it up a few times hoping to find boxes in better condition and can't find anymore. Anyway. Thanks again and May the ...... you know.

u156446
10-24-2002, 01:14 PM
Still tons of new stuff at TRU on Golf in Schaumburg. No blond Endor, no clone pilot, only one or two jango pilots. Kmart on Meacham had all old figs and a bunch of deluxe 3PO & Yoda each with a similar looking fold on the upper left corner.

icatch9
10-24-2002, 02:23 PM
ajaugie1

There are plenty Deluxe 3P0's at the Target in Vernon Hills on 60. I also have an extra Ackley that I'd sell you for regular price. If you are interested just pm me.

The Mace with the Red Droid was easy for a time, but now is more difficult. That is the lastest version of it, so theorectically it should be easier to find. It all depends on how many of each they made. Still, at this point nothing in the Saga line is hard to find.

TRU in Vernon Hills had 15 yes that's right 15 Yodas last night. It's strange, but that was all the was new. I don't know if they got cases of Yoda (reminisant of cases of Maul in 1999), but they had a bunch.

Flembar
10-24-2002, 02:34 PM
went a-searchin at lunch and had great luck at TRU at Western and Roscoe (just south of Addison) in the city.

they had TONS (i.e. too many to count) of Clone Pilots, Jango Pilots, Anakin TA, PAdme CA.... not to mention Yodas and Dookus coming out the ying-yang (hard to believe those two were once rare). they also had at least 4 republic gunships... probably more in the back. A clerk checked the stock room for me for Speeder bike clone and deluxe 3PO but no luck

Super K at Elston and the Edens (between Lawrence and Foster) had several Ki-Adis, Lott Dodds, Tusken with Massif, and Teemtos

(BTW.... does anyone besides me think the Tusken with Massif figure is une grande rip-off? just a reissue of the POTJ tusken with the recent massif?!)

Super K at Lincoln and Kimball/McCormick had about the biggest selection of figures Ive seen in some time.... but nothing new. Looks like the Anakin TA, DArth Maul training, and Padme CA are EVERYWHERE

...but where are the speeder bike clones?!?!

-Rash Flembar-

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

vader_62
10-25-2002, 01:09 AM
I totally agree with you Flembar. The Tusken w/ Massiff is a huge ripoff. I was saying that to somebody just the other day. Some of the pictures on-line made it look like possibly a new sculpt, but then I got my hands on one and compared. This must be what Hasbro does when they get stuck buying back the peg warmers. "Oh, the collectors want a Tusken w/ Massiff, well we have those old Tuskens laying around in the warehouse. Let's package them with the same sculpt of the Massiff and TaDa brand new figure." :D

icatch9
10-25-2002, 08:52 AM
That's not exactly how it works. They didn't and don't have a warehouse full of POTJ Tuskin Raiders. If you remember correctly he wasn't exactly a peg warmer. Sure it wasn't hard to find, but he's not Ketwol or Durros.

Everyone better get used to these re-packages. Hasbro is going to do a lot more of it. It's not neccesaryily a bad thing. First off, it allows some figures to be bought by new fans that missed them the first time (i.e. Death Star Trooper, Scout Trooper). It also is a good business decision because Hasbro is actually makeing more money on the re-packages becaseu the tooling was already paid for the first time the figure was run.

Toy companies love useing the same mold or cast for mulitiple toys. Look at Hot Wheels there are dozens of colors of some cars. Mattel was a wizard with this practice in the 80's, 99% of every He Man characters had the same body with a differnt paint job and head. They must of made millions off of that. So, Hasbro is finally getting on board with the re-deco idea. In some cases it bad and some it's great (who would complain about dozens of differnt head on an X Wing pilot or Imperail officer). Either way, it's not like we have to buy them.

vader_62
10-25-2002, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I was just kinda kidding about the warehouse. I do agree with you though. Seeing some of the hard to find figures or Army builders re-released is good for business and good for collectors. I just with they could've done a little more with the figure. I might have liked to see that as an accessory pack. They could've put the Tusken Female and baby and maybe the accessory rack from the Anakin TA or a second Massiff. Something along the lines of the other four accessory sets. This would be great for diorama builders. I don't build dioramas, but I think I would still buy it.

bucaroo
10-25-2002, 01:46 PM
Made the run from Aurora to Fox Valley and thru the St. Charles store. Nothing of note except all the Target store had access pks falling of the pegs...
TRU Fox Valley had all the figs through the pilot wave minus the clean endor trooper, plus about 15 12" luke taun taun.
TRU St. Charles had the same.
Looks like Walmart has started their returns .... only about a dozen basic figs in Aurora and the big basic was gone in St. Charles

vader_62
10-26-2002, 03:30 AM
Picked up a Jango Pilot at TRU in Gurnee today. They had pretty much every figure except, Clone Pilot and Ephant Mon. The only two I'm missing.

skyywalkerr
10-26-2002, 11:28 AM
I'll be at Kane County, and I am gonna bring my box of carded army builders, extras, etc if anyone is looking for anything, pm me. I am more than happy to trade or let them go at 5 bucks a figure. Most of them are POTJ, so I paid 6 for them...let me know what you need

u156446
10-27-2002, 03:46 PM
OK, what did you pick up at Kane County? I was there with my kids in our "monster-truck wagon" as someone called it, clogging the aisles. We only picked up two old 3PO's for the kids to play with ($4 ea.) and R2-B1 to help me complete my EP1 collection ($23).

Other than that, the crazy stuff I saw was a clone trooper pilot for $17, deluxe clone trooper and deluxe yoda for $25 each. Can't believe what people are asking for things you can find in the stores.

Wolfwood319
10-27-2002, 09:54 PM
I picked up a Luke w/ Taun Taun for $12, some E1s I missed for $3 a pop, and a couple of odds and ends here and there.

There were some people asking ridiculous prices for stuff. Some guy was asking $40 for the Wicket/Logray. $40 for R2 w/ Holo Leia (non leg variant.) At the end of the day though, I only spend what I want on Star Wars. If someone is willing to pay $40 for a $5 action figure, so be it. I'm not willing to pay it, and that's all I worry about.

Funny anecdote though, some guy had a half-circle, half-arm, blue elephant in a tree Boba Fett "error variant" for $40, and some guy was going to buy it for his 5 year old kid. When the seller realized it was for his kid, and that the kid was going to open it, the seller almost had a heart attack, I think. Some people... ;)

icatch9
10-28-2002, 09:19 AM
I did very well at Kane Co. I bought Vintage Reble Troop Transport (the big ship, not the goofy car thing that talks), Vintage Battle Damaged X Wing, Vintage Darth Vader TIE, and Vintage White TIE Fighter for what turned out to be $25 each. They are all near mint to mint and look great. Just befor that I bought a vintage Imperial Shuttle. It was missing some parts, but it had the all important side door. Just the door has sold for more than $50 on ebay. I got the whole ship for $40. I bought all that in the first half hour I was there, and I didn't even get through two isles.

I also got a loose vintage complete Imperial Hoth Attack Base. Also got a Sand Skimmer (It's a rare mini mini rig. It is considered the last vintage Star Wars Toy made) for $20.00. Also got a complete vintage AT AT for $50.00. I only needed the cockpit cover but for that price I just bought the whole thing.

I also got some loose dead mint vintage figures to add to my quest (illness) of haveing eveyone mint. I only need a few more to have them all mint.

u156446 I think I saw you with your kids pulling them around. You must of had a rough time. It's not your fault that they make the ilse 2 feet wide everywhere. People need to complain to the promotors not about you who was just trying to get your kids around the easiest way. Bet they didn't complain about the people in wheel chairs that faced the same problem. That place isn't very customer friendly :(.

Wolfwood, I was standing right buy that guy trying to buy a $50+ Boba Fett for his kid to play with. It's always trouble when you are un-educated and trying to buy your child something. That guy didn't look hard enough. Probally could have found a Boba Fett for $10 or so. Besided that dealer was a bit over priced. I always look at his booth, but never buy anything becasue he charges to much and never deals to much.

All in all a great show and I still have money left over

Oh, yea. Nothing new in St. Charles or Batavia, but I didn't expect to find anything new so close to a toy show :)

u156446
10-28-2002, 10:26 AM
icatch9 - you'd be surprised how well my land rover wagon manuevers. i thought it was actually easier in the outdoor areas since they're all straight-on pulls. it was indoors (as my wife was checking out the barbies) that we had the most problem with all the turns.

u156446
10-28-2002, 11:27 AM
walmart in rolling meadows had three arena playsets this morning.

Flembar
10-28-2002, 11:35 AM
as per Sir Steve's front page... anybody able to confirm $2.99 for basic figures at Target in this area?

u156446
10-28-2002, 12:39 PM
hit target on rand during lunch. if you can't hold off anymore and have to start building your mace windu army right away, you're going to have to pay full price. sorry.

Wolfwood319
10-28-2002, 03:35 PM
Target on Randell in S. Elgin indeed have their Mace Windus and a few others at $2.99. No army builders though, unfortunately.

skyywalkerr
10-28-2002, 04:23 PM
I was at Kane County as well, and managed to pick up a bag of loose vintage figures for <relatively>cheap, and when I got them home I found what was almost a holy grail...a Blue Snaggletooth. I say almost because I got one at Celebration 2. This one has issues with the feet paint, but it is not bad...also in the bag was an A Wing Pilot in almost perfect shape (no gun)

Wolfwood319
10-28-2002, 08:25 PM
Thats a sweet, sweet find. Congrats. Some WWII guy had a bin of loose vintage figs for $2 a piece. I don't collect vintage anymore, but there was a Han Carbonite (just the figure, not the carbonite.)

skyywalkerr
10-28-2002, 10:23 PM
yeah if anyone wants to trade for either fig, I have them both already, I just bought the bag for a few figs in better shap e. PM me

icatch9
10-29-2002, 08:25 AM
Target in Vernon Hills and Batavia had thier figures for $2.99. VH had a bunch of Mace and a few Padme's. Batavia had tons of Mace a couple Bespin Lukes and Vaders and one Padme'. Must be doing the same thing everywhere is doing. Getting rid of crappy ones for the new figures for X Mas. To bad Target doesn't get to give them back like everywhere else. Probally becase they don't order as many.

Val Da Car
10-29-2002, 09:49 AM
Targets in Milwaukee had Battle droids, Steamin Mad Mace, Papaltine, Orn Fre Taa and Han Solo for the $2.99 price cut

Flembar
10-29-2002, 06:19 PM
wal-mart on toughy in niles had at least two arena playsets.... they are high on the shelves so look up

targets in niles and at mannheim and toughy had squat at the same $5.00 prices

anybody at Kane county rhis weekend see the knock-off clone troopers the force.net wrote up? just curious to know if they have any value in pursuing or if they are too cheap to bear.... they seem to have a certain curio value to me.... but not if they are MEGA-cheap

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

icatch9
10-30-2002, 10:26 AM
I saw them. They seemed to sell well, but I don't know how much he was charging. Anyway, they where somewhere between cheap and a McDonalds toy. I wouldn't worry about getting them unless you like them or think the idea of a fake Star Wars figure is cool. Just wait until the club has an army building pack for Clone Troopers. You know they will sooner or later.

WM in Gurnee had 4 Areana's but none of the boxes where dead mint. The Target in Gurnee had a varity of figures for $2.99, but nothing past Deja Puhr. The TRU in Gurnee had tons of Dukoos and Yoda's plus several Dooku Unleashed and Mace Unleashed.

Anyone sceen a Vader Unleased or Padme or Anakin at a TRU anywhere in the Chicago Land area? I thinking of getting them, but can't find a TRU that still has them.

Flembar
10-30-2002, 11:11 AM
kudos to brother icatch for his recent celebrity on the main page

u156446
10-30-2002, 12:51 PM
TRU on Rand has the pilot wave. Bought two of the three clone trooper pilots. Plenty of jango pilots left.

I know I've seen unleashed padme, vader, & anakin around, but haven't taken note. Will keep me eyes open next time.

Wolfwood319
10-30-2002, 11:35 PM
I don't know of any TRU's that have Padme, Anakin or Vader Unleashed, but I know the Meijers on Randell have Anakin and I saw a Vader once. I've seen several Padmes at the Big Kmart on Meecham.

Still no sign of Ephant Mon though.

icatch9
10-31-2002, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the kudos Flembar. It's not everyday I come across new information that is important to the Star Wars collecting community.

Thanks for the tips on the Unleshed Vader and others. Hopeing to come arcross them at a TRU. I won a gift card and that's what I want to buy with it. If anyone spots them at an area TRU I'd appreciate the tip. They where at everyone when I didn't want them, and now I want them I can't find them. It's always the way :(.

Target in Vernon Hills had several gun ships. Plus, they had a couple of Dookus Hangar Dual Anakin and Yodas for $3.00. Plus a few other peg warmers. I bought another Chewbacca Bespin for my chess board.

maul4ever
10-31-2002, 01:47 PM
just found the arena playset, deluxe clone pilot with speeder, deluxe flying genoosin(sp?), deluxe anakin wiht flipping action, new lightsabers, all the newer figures( maul, anakin t.a., clone pilot, jango pilot, etc), the republic gunship at k mart in racine wisconsin.

Val Da Car
10-31-2002, 03:34 PM
which Kmart...Green Bay Road (South) or Douglas RD + 4 Mile (North side)

Wolfwood319
10-31-2002, 07:46 PM
Okay kids, Golf Mill TRU has all of the new figs released except for Ephant Mon, about 10 arena playsets, and a boatload of Gunships. They also have both waves of the AF ships. This was at 2p.m. today.

Guess that rumor of TRU getting all the new stuff was true. Still waiting for that Ephant Mon, though. :)

Flembar
10-31-2002, 08:06 PM
anything at TRU about the silver R2? i think it is supposed to start being available tomorrow (Fri 11-1-02)

Val Da Car
10-31-2002, 11:01 PM
Went to the Kmart on Green Bay and a new display was there with the Flying Geonosian and the Micro machines AT-TE and Solar Sailer (?) and some new figures but the rest were cleaned right out....

I will share the quantity and TRU store amounts for the silver R2-D2 if you PM me.

u156446
11-01-2002, 08:26 AM
Ephant Mon sighting. Walmart in Rolling Meadows. I was about 10 minutes late. When I got there this morning there were two guys that each had one in their hands. The store had lots of newer stuff as well, including four clone trooper pilots when I left.

Walmart on Rand had newer stuff too, but no clone trooper pilots or Ephant Mon.

Walmart on Harlem in Bridgeview had their overflowing stock of old stuff sent back and now has room for new stuff.

icatch9
11-01-2002, 12:38 PM
Well guys tonight is the big night and I do mean big. Anyone going to see AOTC at IMAX? Got my tickets for the 7:30 in Lincolnshire. I'm starting to get excited :crazed:. With any luck I'll have a Silver R2 tonight or tommarow. It's an exciting weekend for Star Wars fans (if you have an IMAX or TRU near you, if you you are probally pretty miffed off).

icatch9
11-01-2002, 03:01 PM
Went to TRU in Vernon Hills at Lunch (1:30) and no sighn of the Silver R2's. They did have an ample supply of Arena's and Gunships along with several Yoda's and Dooku's. Plus Maul, TA Anakin and Padme Pilot.

Holloween stuff is 1/2 off at Target. That means the Rubies costumes are down to $10 and the sabers are $4. Walgreens has their stuff %75 off but it was only off selected stuff, and I'm not sure if the Star Wars stuff was selected or not, but if you are in the market for such things it's worth checking out.

T Minus 4 hours and 30 minutes until IMAX Lightsaber Fights :) :crazed: :)

Val Da Car
11-01-2002, 06:22 PM
Kmart was a bust...not exactly I got there about 9pm (some glimmer of hope) and only found the new waves sans the Dlx Clone trooper & Clone trooper pilots

bucaroo
11-02-2002, 06:53 PM
Got silver R2 today in St. Charles.The manager is being pretty strict about not handing them out until tomorrow unless you have a preview BB.... so if you are still looking they'll have them tomorrow morning. Good Luck

Val Da Car
11-02-2002, 11:14 PM
I was in my TRU today when the call came over the radio "These are not the droids you are looking for...."
He starting laffing and said if since you have the big book are have inquired about the promotion you can buy the first one after I give the staff instructions!!!!

whoa it is very cool.....which diorama should I use him in ????

skyywalkerr
11-04-2002, 12:54 AM
picked up a Clone Pilot at KMart , and got my Silver R2 too...woohoo!

u156446
11-04-2002, 08:20 AM
Got my silver R2 at TRU yesterday. Bought an Obi-Wan starfighter for $19.99 to cover the cost. My boy turns five on Tuesday and already has the Slave I, and reminds me about once a week that he doesn't have an Obi-Wan ship.

icatch9
11-04-2002, 09:00 AM
Got my Silver R2 at Vernon Hills Saturday morning. They had the big toy book in the store. I just showed the picture to service desk lady and she was confused and lost. She talked to someone else who talked to someone else and then twenty minutes later the manager and another guy came out with 4 boxes of them. I got the first one at the Vernon Hills store. Very cool. They didn't have a clue what these things where or who got them. Pretty crappy that the managers didn't explain to them what these where.

Well, I traveled south to Danville (my home town) to see the Bears game in Champain on Sudnday. I stopped at Mattson and Kankakee TRU's. The Mattson TRU had sighns up and eveything for the R2's but when I got up there ready to buy the Arena they said that they were expecting the R2's Monday they told me if I brought in my reciet they would honor it. I said no thanks and just bought the beardless Endor Trooper. At Kanakee they seemed pretty lost too, but they at least had them out. I bought the Gunship and got a second R2.

Then Sunday in Champain I got another one when I bought 4 figures. These people where even more lost. They didn't even look at my reciet. I could of bought a candy bar and asked for a free one and probally got one. Oh well, these aren't hard to get or even rare, so I hope that everyone is happy.

Oh, Target marked their Holloween stuff down to 75% off. Got an Anakin Lightsaber for $2.00. The costumes would be $5.00. I don't dress up so I didn't get any, but they didn't have any big enough for a guy as tall as me anyway. Still, for those or you with youngsters it's a good time to plan for the future :).

Flembar
11-04-2002, 10:01 AM
this may be slightly off topic...

since I need to spend at least $20 for the silver R2.... I was thinking about picking up the new X-Wing

but I have thus far mostly resisted buying reissues of my classic toys

but the new X-Wing looks pretty darn good to me and it has crossed my mind to buy it

I was wondering if anyone has anythoughts on the new ship.... especially vs. the power fx x-wing of a few years ago

is it just way out of scale with all the other rebel fighters (not that any of them really had a standard scale per se)?

or is it as cool as I hope it is

just wondering... thanks in advance

-Rash Flembar-

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

icatch9
11-04-2002, 12:17 PM
Well, I haven't opened mine, but I have sceen one opened. The new Xwing isn't out of scale the rest of the ships are. The new Xwing is more accuract to the scale of 3 3/4 inches = 6 feet. It of course isn't perfect, but closer. It's a bit of a re-hash from the Power F/X but 10 times better becasue you can put Luke (or other pilots) in the seat and take out R2. It dosen't have a tacky handle or make noise. All in all it's the end all be all of the X Wing. Unless they do another color or a Wedge or Biggs version of the X wing I don't see them makeing another one in the near future. Especially since they don't seem to be selling very many of these.

I say go for it. It's way cooler than most stuff, but I'm partial since it is my favoirte ship :D.

u156446
11-04-2002, 01:35 PM
Hit TRU in Schaumburg at lunch. They still had some silver R2's left and weren't too concerned about following rules. I bought four basic figs ($4.99 ea.) and had to go to the service desk to get my free fig. At the desk, they pulled one out of the box and just handed it to me (didn't scan it). I asked for a different one because the one they gave me had bad folds in the card. The next one they pulled out had a smashed blister, so I asked if they could just grab a few and let me pick one. Upon hearing this request, the nice stocker who had offered to go in the back to get me some clone pilots a few minutes earlier proceeded to pull out a bunch to let me pick from, while the snooty b*tch behind the counter took the R2 with the smashed blister and tossed it OVER HER SHOULDER on to the floor. Real Nice.

They looked like they had probably a dozen or less left behind the counter in varying condition.

icatch9
11-04-2002, 02:16 PM
You should of said "It's not wounder the things are all smashed up if that's the way you treat stuff around here. Free or not, no one wants something in a smashed box."

That's would have really bent her out of shape :D.

Flembar
11-04-2002, 03:55 PM
on that chance anyone cares... I went ahead and bought a saga x-wing so I could get the silver R2

I LOVE the new X-Wing.... its pretty much out of scale with all the other ships but none of them really had a consistent scale anyways

thanks for the recommendation, icatch

Ill just have to scrounge up a Jorge Sacul to stick in the ****-pit... with maybe a R3-T7 as the droid--pretty cool?

I guess I can just pretend my vintage x-wings are Z-95 Headhuinters or something

The Silver R2, frankly, is a disapointment. TRU at Western and Roscoe in the city seemed to have a bunch of 'em, but the fgures themselves didnt thrill me

the non-retractable center leg is kinda bogus... But... I do like having a new and different R2 unit to add to my collection. My favorite R2 remains the red one from the queen's starship

anyone have any of the star tours droids yet? any thoughts?

...for all you army builders out there wanting to pick up clone troopers on $3.00 sale... I dont think there are any left anywhere. that's the one figure recently out that Id like another of and they are not to be found at any norht side targets or k-marts

oh well...

and Im still looking for that deluxe speeder clone....

ciao

-RF-

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

u156446
11-04-2002, 09:14 PM
Hit three KMarts on the way home. 2 of the 3 had pallets with at least five cases of Wave 8 (clone pilot). Very tempting to open and buy some for the $3 sale they were having, but I don't need anymore. Was hoping I could find an Ephant Mon case, but no luck.

Val Da Car
11-04-2002, 09:41 PM
Kebcotoys.com (friend of SSG) has the delxue clone trooper w/speeder $8.99.

New website active today...and figures for $3.99.....not bad with free frieght after you spend $25 is an awesome deal.

I have ordered from him before and had a great response & handling!!!!

Val Da Car
11-04-2002, 09:44 PM
non mint for $2.49....minty fresh...

http://www.kebcotoys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=kebco&Category_Code=ep2-2002-nonmint&referrer=sirsteve

Flembar
11-04-2002, 11:28 PM
did you guys notice the tie bomber for $32? I already have one but if I dint Id snap it up quick!

u156446
11-06-2002, 01:20 PM
Ephant Mon! I found two of them at the KMart in Palatine during lunch today (sorry, bought them both). I can confirm what everyone else is saying - it is one big hunk of plastic. Like others are saying as well, it's going to hard to find a mint card/bubble because this thing is so big and heavy. The two I bought both had a crease near the top of the bubble and some wear on one of the bottom card corners.

They also had two Deluxe Clone Troopers (sorry again, bought them both) and three Deluxe Geonosians (which I left).

u156446
11-06-2002, 01:24 PM
Also, forgot to mention that TRU on Rand had a wire basket with a bunch of silver R2's in it near the SW stuff.

u156446
11-08-2002, 08:02 AM
KMart in Crestwood had at least a dozen clone pilots last night. I've been having more luck with KMart lately than any other place. TRU was OK for a little, and Target has absolutely nothing.

u156446
11-08-2002, 08:32 AM
My Japanese supermarket with the bottletops has restocked and has nearly all of the EPII tops. Also, they now also have the boxed sets of various tops (5 or 6 tops per set, can't recall exactly how many in each box). They won't sell individual boxed sets, but you can have all 10-12 boxes for a mere $399!

icatch9
11-08-2002, 12:57 PM
I was at the TRU on Rand and got the last Silver R2 when I bought that last Luke Skywalker Speeder. I think it's pretty crappy that they put them out in a "bin of doom". Dollars to donuts that people where getting them for free without buying Star Wars stuff let alone $20 of stuff. I have never thought much of that TRU anyway. When they had tons of the queen ship, all the Red R2 Units had been ripped out. Crappy store yet again.

The Target in Lake Zuirch (sp?) had the Lott Dodd wave for $3.00 no clone pilots, but a few Tuskin Raider Massiff, Watto's, and Temmeto. Not all where 100% mint though.

Good luck this weekend. I'm going to see Seinfeld Live at Rosemount on Saturday. Should be a great time :D!!

icatch9
11-08-2002, 02:19 PM
Some people here had some questions about those boot leg clone troopers that where being sold at St. Charles. I don't know much but hear is an auction on ebay selling them (and doing quite well).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1783871937

Wolfwood319
11-09-2002, 10:42 AM
Golf Mill TRU had about a dozen CT Pilots yesterday. I picked up a few extra. If anyone needs any, lemme know.

Any Ephant Mon sightings recently?

u156446
11-09-2002, 07:51 PM
No Ephant Mon sightings since last week when I found two at the Palatine KMart. Been to a few Kmarts, Walmarts, and KB since then but no signs of any.

vader_62
11-12-2002, 08:06 AM
Picked up a Clone Pilot last night at the TRU in Gurnee. There was only one left. Only missing Ephant Mon now.

Speaking of Ephant Mon.... I talked to a manager at TRU. He said that he talked to the Hasbro Rep about getting more Ephant Mon cases. The Hasbro Rep said the ones that got out shouldn't have. They were supposed to be released in late November in large quantities, so that they would be readily available for Christmas.

Anybody pickup "THE DVD" yet? Just wondering if any stores are giving away any good promo stuff. I am going to price match with TRU's ad, so let whoever has the best giveaway is where I'll go.

Anybody have an extra Silver R2 or know where I can still get one? PM me with what you want for it or where I can get it.

Sorry this is so long, but I haven't posted for a while.

icatch9
11-12-2002, 08:29 AM
I don't know, but it makes good sense that Ephant will be avalable in great quantities. After all, you can still find the previous 2 fans choice figures. Without looking to hard. They want to make sure these fans choice figures are avalable for everyone.

u156446
11-12-2002, 08:42 AM
KMart on 79th & Cicero has lots of the new Deluxe figs for $7.99, as well as plenty of all newer Collection 2 figs (minus Ephant).

icatch9
11-12-2002, 04:32 PM
Anyone actually get a copy of the DVD at TRU for $10? I got a full screen. I was there at 12:30 and they had 4 left (no more widescreens). I then went to WM and they price matched it for $9.99. I'm just going to return the one I got at TRU. A girl I work with price matched at Circut City, and hers only cost $9.50. I think they have a policy that they beat prices by like 5% or something. Pretty cool huh? I'm going to do that after work for my dad.

Haveing trouble finding a decent price on the LOTR 5 disk set with bookends. Most places want $60 or $70 for it, but I thought it was supposed to be $50. Oh well, I may just settle on the cheaper version, but darnit I realy want those stinkin book ends :>.

skyywalkerr
11-12-2002, 05:08 PM
I price matched my DVD at Target, even though they dont do that anymore...just be polite and they might do it :)

Flembar
11-12-2002, 06:28 PM
welll.... I still dont have AOTC on DVD, despite going to4 different places for it

I am incredulous that FOX, Lucasfilm, & TRU could have underestimeated demand and botched this DVD's release on THE OPENING DAY as much as they did

in case anyone cares, here's my saga:

first, I went to TRU at Western & Addison at roughly 4:00pm

despite a LARGE display and plenty of VHS tapes, the two shelves that obviously USED to have the DVDs were empty.

they were sold out of DVDs 6 hours after the place opened

so.... I drove up to Wal-mart on toughy in niles with a copy of the TRU ad in may hand to price match

the dip-sh!+ kid at the DVD counter refused to price match saying the TRU price was a SALE price and they only match everyday prices

to which I repsonded " show me where on the ad it says this is a SALE PRICE.... PLUS, how can it be a sale WHEN IT ONLY CAME OUT TODAY!!??!!??"

anyhow, the bozo brat refused to price match so instead of buying AOTC and LOTR special edition, I exercised my consumer perogative and left withthem not getting any of my $50. (like big-bad Sam really cares....)

but you know... **** them. there's something to be said for customer service and that brat was sorely lacking... BTW, Ive just about had it with that pathetic Wal-mart in Niles . I recommend you stay away

ANYWAY... I decided to head for Brickyard Mall TRU at fullerton adn narraganset... and on the way stopped by K-Mart at harlem and Forest PReserve drive....they had ZERO DVDs.... only VHS but were willing to oredr a copy for me--HA!!

finally getting through rush hour traffic, Brickyard TRU only had fullscreen DVDs.... they were sold out of widescreen....and the guy said they received so few widescreens, that I would have had to pre-buy to get a copy

I dont get it.... we're not talking about some obscure collectors only toy like a TIE Bomber or something

this is HUGE item that MANY people want to buy....so why was it so god damn hard to get a copy on the first day of release?!?!

when the DVDs are sold out after it has only been out for a couple of HOURs.... somebody seriously underestimated demand--that's bad business....this is not some unexpected phenomenon were talking about here it like it was in 1977... this is part of THE BIGGEST MOVIE SERIES EVER

Spider-Man a week ago was EVERYWHERE!!!! and cheap EVERYWHERE!!!! why not AOTC?!?!

I suppose I could just go to best-buy, but TRU advertised a great price, wal-mart guaranteed a match... and K-Mart should have just had the thing BUT THEY ALL SCREWED UP!!!!!

it was not unreaonable to expect that TRU would have the damn movie 6 hours after release.... but apparently TRU thought it was

sorry....Im just ****ed off from traffic and frustration--and wal-mart brat clerks

Im done driving around for this movie....amazon.com here I come

**** the rest of the bastards

-R.F.-

Flembar
11-12-2002, 06:35 PM
BTW.... maybe Im a DVD snob.... but why the hell is this movie even being released in fullscrteen on DVD

Lucas made such a big deal out of DVD being the ebst format for the movie, and it will be permanently presertved on DVD... and blah blah blah... these movies CANNOT be fully appreciated with 1/3 of the screen cut off on each side

dont believe me?

watcvh the seen in ESB with vader talking to his star destryoer captains in the asteroid belt in fullscreen vs wide....

or ANH:SE when the troop transport takes off from drooping the stormtroopers off on tatooine

and so on and so on....

I cant believe lucas has so little respect for his own movies--which are TRIUMPHS of the widescreen ratio--that he panders to the trailer trash idiots who cant bear to watch blackbars on the bottom of their TVs

does anyone who has half a brain REALLY think fullscreen is better

in case youre unclear.... if youre reading this and you think so--I think youre an idiot

and I think lucas is an idiot for releasing this in fullscreen

this DVD release is a joke

Flembar
11-12-2002, 06:37 PM
sorry for my venting

traffic really s*cked today

skyywalkerr
11-13-2002, 12:37 AM
Good thing you don't fly through asteroids every day Flembar :-D

Val Da Car
11-13-2002, 06:30 AM
I could probably pick up one for face up here in WI if you are interested, flembar....

Lots of Widescreen...and plenty of copies @ TRU for $9.99 plus tax is only 5.6% not 7-10% in the Chi town area...PM me

vader_62
11-13-2002, 08:38 AM
Flembar - I feel your pain.

First, I went to Best Buy right by where I work in Northbrook, for a TRU price match. They said they quit doing that three hours before I got there because TRU was completely out of stock, so I left my copy on the counter along with the free calendar and left. I then went to another Best Buy on Golf Rd. and they said they would only match K-Mart's price of 14.87, but I left there too feeling I could do better. I then proceeded to the TRU on Golf. They had no copies of the DVD (Widescreen or Full), but about a zillion copies of the VHS version. I left there and drove home. On the way home I stopped at the TRU in Gurnee. Again 0 DVDs, at least 100 copies on VHS. I did ask when the 9.99 price was good until. The guy in the electronics area, told me it was good until the 20th of November, and they may get more in this week. I wasn't gonna hold my breath and race to get one. So, I decided Wal-mart couldn't let me down. I went to the Wal-Mart on Grand Ave. in Gurnee. They matched the price no questions asked. They didn't call TRU, they barely asked for the ad. Just took a copy of the Widescreen DVD (I guess I'm not an idiot. ;D.) to the cashier and she happily overrode the price. She then kept the TRU ad for herself, so she could get a copy.

What I have a problem understanding is why even release this on VHS. Nobody was buying them. Why make a movie in a digital format and then transfer it to tape. I just don't get it. I understand there are some people who don't have DVD players, but most do, so why not scale back production on VHS and increase production on the DVD. I just don't get it.

On a side note all my driving around did get me a silver R2. I met a guy who wanted a trade. I had a Clone Pilot in my hand and he wanted it. He said he had 5 or 6 silver R2s, so if I let him have the clone Pilot he would give me one. I already have a clone pilot, so I gave it to him and followed him to his car and he had the R2s right there. Great condition too. So, I am all set on that front.

Flembar
11-13-2002, 09:14 AM
well... I had a good night's sleep and Im all better now

thanks for your offer Val-De Car, but I already ordered the thing on Amazon

$43.00 for AOTC and LOTR:SE (free shipping)

OK price.... should have just done that to begin with.... now I just have to wait a week

special prices aside... it is CLEAR from the dearth of DVDs and overabundance of VHS tapes they have not put out enough DVD versions of this movie

WHAT were they thinking?!?!

-Rash Flembar-

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

icatch9
11-13-2002, 02:36 PM
Flembar. Your pain was felt by 90% of Star Wars fans yesterday. First off, the TRU ad was a ploy. Just a little crap ad to get us in the store, in hopes we'd buy more. They knew they wouldn't have enough. They did it on purpose. I bet when that sale price goes off, they'll have tons of the DVD. It was a low down dirty stunt they pulled and I think they got burned in the end.

Not to insult you or anything, but I don't think you asserted yourself enough at the Wal Mart. That Bozo doesn't run the store, and you needed to speak to a manager. Make a huge fuss and you always get what you want. Hey, it works for 5 year old kids with thier parents, and it works for grown ups in retail stores. Next time, don't back down. Your $50 or what ever you may spend there doesn't hurt them a bit. But a big sceen does hurt them, whe 10 or 15 people could be watching. Always, always talk to a manager and if that doesnt' work ask to talk to a district manager on the phone, that'll scare them.

You all should of took your ad to Circut City. They match everything and beat it by 5%. I bought my copy there and befor tax it cost me $9.49. Super deal and no hassel. The check out dude even said that it was a great price.

A great day for DVD and a horrible day for customer servie and it's all Toys R Us's fault.

Val Da Car
11-14-2002, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the follow up I thought I would put it out there....I forgot about circuit city ...oh well Wally World matched with little or no problem....and I got mine and 3 additional for my brother, co worker and another friend.....wow I have too much free time on my hands.....

Thanks
FB

Flembar
11-14-2002, 11:25 PM
variety quoted by the force.net:

(explains the shortage--just not the logic behind it)

"Although that doesn't top the 7 million units claimed by Columbia for "Spider-Man" or the 5 million claimed by Disney for "Monsters, Inc.," Fox said "Clones" is selling a higher percentage (more than 25%) of the units that were shipped to retailers than any title this year. Columbia shipped 26 million copies of "Spider-Man" and Disney shipped 21 million copies of "Monsters, Inc." while Fox shipped just 15 million units of "Clones.""

Wolfwood319
11-18-2002, 06:04 PM
Mejers has the Gunship on sale for $29.99. Great buy, especially at that price.

u156446
11-20-2002, 08:45 AM
I have not been reporting much lately because there hasn't been anything to report. I've cut back on my runs by probably half, since there hasn't really been much new stuff hitting the stores the last couple weeks.

I assume that by now, everyone is caught up with the basic figs, except for Ephant, Destroyer Droid, and new Yoda. I haven't reported any sightings of any of the older waves I'm seeing because I figure they're all over the place right now and everyone has what they need. Same goes for the Gunship and Arena. As far as the deluxe figs, flipping Anakin seems to be hanging everywhere, and I do see the deluxe Geonosian and deluxe Clone occasionally too.

I guess what I'm asking is what are you looking for?

Flembar
11-20-2002, 11:03 AM
u156446873654677899089020....

where've you seen the deluxe clone?

that's the one figure I just cannot find ANYWHERE...

seen it any place recently... esp. near downtown/north side?

u156446
11-20-2002, 11:24 AM
I've seen the deluxe clone three times - all at KMart. Des Plaines, Palatine (bought two there for trade), and 79th & Harlem (bought one for trade). I have an extra if you're interested.

u156446
11-20-2002, 01:05 PM
Just for kicks, I took an extended lunch today and hit a bunch of stores.

- Walmart on Meacham: Nothing of interest, but they were restocking the toys. Couldn't locate any SW inventory on the floor.
- KMart on Meacham: Same as walmart. Restocking as well.
- Target on Meacham: Someone seems to have located some cases of Luke/Vader/Jango wave and filled up an end-cap with these figs - $3.49 each. Lukes were all metal pegs, and thought I might be able to find a bloody Luke in there as well, but came up dry. My favorite Luke they had there was the infamous "I've fallen and I can't get up" Luke. Actually, looks as if he wasn't stuffed far enough in his bubble before it was sealed so he's lying at a 45-degree angle.
- TRU on Golf: Not much. Saw two preview Zams.
- Walmart on Golf/Algonquin: Star Wars? What Star Wars? Couldn't find ANY basic figs - not even empty pegs!

u156446
11-21-2002, 08:45 AM
Hit more stores on the south side on the way home last night. Watto/Lott Dod/Tusken wave getting very common. Only intereting find was a KMart on 71st & Pulaski had TONS of early figures, many with the background inserts.

icatch9
11-21-2002, 08:52 AM
Found a Delux Clone at Target in Lake Zurich last night. They also had some Play Station games for $3.50. Not to many great games, but it's still a good price. I bought Grand Theft Auto for $3.50.

The K Mart in Palatine had tons of Pilot Clones and that whole wave. Nothing to great anywhere. It's still that strange time befor the Holiday push. It sucks this year becasue Thanksgiving is so late in the year. It's really hurting the stores and thier speed at wich they re-set the toy isles. I can't wait to see what WM does. I mean we are a week away from the biggest shopping day of the year and they 3 or 4 WM's I've been in lately didn't have enough Star Wars figures to fill a hand basket.

skyywalkerr
11-23-2002, 06:25 PM
Hey guys...I posted a really long post on Rebelscum that I dont feel like repeating...lol. ui5686r70370373982693656586(hehehehe)...if you need a bloody luke, pm me, I have a couple I found recently at a comic shop in Iowa if ya want one lemme know :-D

Sentinel18725
11-24-2002, 09:00 PM
Just found Lott Dodd at TRU. Also had the Anakin, Jango Slave I pilot, and Padme. No Clones or Tusken Raiders though.

u156446
11-25-2002, 11:01 AM
Hallmark store in Chicago Ridge mall (as of Friday night) had $15 ornaments: Jango Fett, Obi-Wan, Slave I, Darth Vader, Luke (Jedi), Death Star.

skyywalkerr - already have a bloody luke, but was hoping maybe to find another for $3.49

Will be making a run up Rand Rd. at lunch today. Will post anything worthwhile.

Flembar
11-25-2002, 02:18 PM
if you saw that post on the main page about the sale at wizards of the coast--it is going on.... HOWEVER, the WOTC in Woodfield is all sold out of the comtech troopers 4-pack.... and pretty much any other decent figures

i picked up today what may have been the last red clone for $2.99.... everything else was standard peg warmer stuff... at a better price is all

funny thing is they are selling saga jar-jar for $.49!! at that price, i finally broke down and bought the stupid figure

i have no idea if the WOTC in orland park still has anything decent... but that's out of my realm so go nuts all you southsiders

also... target on mannheim and toughy had all 4 accessory sets for anyone interested

ciao

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Sentinel18725
11-25-2002, 09:52 PM
TRU on Western is now fully stocked.....found all of the figures I was looking for except Ephant Mon. Tons of Lott Dodd, beardless Rebel trooper, Tusken with Masiff, Padme, Anakin.

Flembar
11-26-2002, 09:05 AM
Sentinel.... TRU WHERE on Western?!?!

what city even?!?!

with all respect to everybody on this board... when you make a find... please tell us EXACTLY where

some of us arent immediately familiar with specific stores around the area

city names and INTERSECTIONS are VITAL!!!

thank you one and all in advance

-Rash Flembar-

p.s. anybody else know where this TRU is he's talking about?

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Flembar
11-26-2002, 09:17 AM
oh..... TRU at western and ROSCOE.... just north of BELMONT... in the CITY

DOH!!!

OK.... I gotcha... my kvetching aside... thanks for the tip Sentinel.... Ill check it out at lunch

-R.F.-

p.s. I still would like to politely request everyone on the board be a little more specific about where these stores are. Thanks!! : )

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Flembar
11-27-2002, 01:34 PM
I have acquired a couple of carded Jorge Saculs.

I plan on keeping one of them (probably to stick in my saga X-Wing with the Queen's starship red R2--how cool is that?!) and selling the other on eBay.

I thought, however, that I would first offer it up for trade to the people on this board.

I will be looking for $55 for this figure on ebay, so any trade would need to roughly be worth the same amount.

I will immediately trade it for the following:

2 deluxe speeder bike clones $20
1 Ephant Mon $10
1 bloody stump luke $25 (per prices on ebay)

TOTAL $55

I will entertain other offers but my collection is pretty substantial so basically I would be looking for something a little unusual or rare worth around $55. (I also am still looking for 2 beardless endor soldiers).

as for the jorge saculs, the cards are unopened. each of the bubbles has a minor dent and each of the cards has a minor crease. Im no C-Scale expert, but Id personally say the cards are in very good shape--probably a C.8 (?). If interested, we can arrange a meeting and you can choose which one you want

please P.M. if you are interested. If no one bites by 8:00pm sunday evening (12-1-02) Ill put one of them up on ebay.

Thanks... and have a happy turkey-day!!

-Rash Flembar-

p.s. I suppose I'd also take cash : )

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Sentinel18725
12-01-2002, 12:22 AM
Has anyone found any Ephant Mon's around Chicago? Only one I'm missing

Sentinel18725
12-02-2002, 01:15 AM
Also, has anyone seen the Dengar and Zuckass anywhere?

icatch9
12-02-2002, 12:35 PM
Well, I did see Ephant Mon this weekend, but it was at a Flee Market in Indionapolis. The dude was super over priced on everything, but he only wanted $22 for Ephant. I laughed at it. IT's a great looking figure up close. He's huge, certainly worth $5.00. Seems that we are ripping Hasbro off for a change.

The guy also had the C3P0 and R2 D2 holiday two pack. He wanted $55 for this. That too is cool, but not worth $55.00. I didn't think it would be out just yet. I didn't ask the guy about it, becasue he's not very nice, and I didn't feel like dealing with Mr. Crabby Pants that day.

skyywalkerr
12-02-2002, 07:50 PM
I found Ephant Mon last week at TRU in Bloomingdale. T hey had like 4 of him. Sorry I couldnt post earlier but I ju st got back online (FINALLY!)

u156446
12-03-2002, 01:28 PM
Hit several stores at lunch today. Only items worth mentioning:
- Target on Rand had lots of accessory sets
- Target on Dundee had three deluxe clone trooper sets and some deluxe geonosians, plus some accessory sets
- Walmart in Rolling Meadows had one vinyl anakin (still NO pegs for basic figs)

vader_62
12-04-2002, 08:33 AM
Stopped at the TRU on Grand Ave. in Gurnee (In the Gurnee Mills Parking Lot). They had TONS of everything except Ephant Mon and the Clone Pilot. I asked one of the stockers if they had Ephant and he said he saw one in back, but when he went to look for it, he couldn't find it. I don't know if I believe him or not, but I am going to be optimistic and hope the Ephant case is finally getting up North. Is anybody looking for anything other than Ephant? If so, what?

u156446
12-04-2002, 09:01 PM
Target on Cicero across from Ford City mall had SIX Destroyer Droids. As I was searching the pegs, hopefully looking for Yoda, I found a bonus - a MOMC Ephant Mon. I took three droids and the Ephant, but at check-out I noticed that one of the droids had a nice crease in the bubble so I only left with two droids and the Ephant.

I'll offer up one MOMC Destroyer Droid up in trade for a new Yoda Jedi High Counsel in even trade. Anyone find one yet? If not, I'll offer the Destroyer Droid, and a nearly mint card Ephant (KMart find from weeks ago) as well - $5 each. Anyone interested?

u156446
12-05-2002, 10:06 AM
If anyone has the Holiday droid set from Walmart, I'd be willing to trade the Ephant & Destroyer Droid for that as well.

Wolfwood319
12-05-2002, 01:01 PM
I'll take that Ephant Mon. I don't have a Jedi Council Yoda, but I've got 5 bucks, and some extra Clone Pilots if anyone is still missing those.

u156446
12-05-2002, 01:13 PM
Sorry Wolfwood319, someone else is already in line ahead of you with cash ready for the Ephant. The only way to get it right now is to come up with the Holiday set before tomorrow morning. I'll pick up more Ephants if I see more - I plan on hitting the same Target tomorrow night (in addition to a different one tonight).

More hunting updates:

Went to stores around Meacham at lunch today - nothing found other than the Walmart on Meacham having the vinyl figs (Mace, Anakin, Jango).

u156446
12-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Also - stopped for sushi on my way back to the office & my local Japanese store still has loose EPII bottletops, full sets of the boxed bottletops (have to buy all 10 sets for a low low price of $300), EPII character bust keychains (3PO, Zam, Shaak Ti, maybe others but I can't remember who), and some very tiny Micro Machine sets with a beast & four poseable figs (the figs can't more more than 1" tall).

Sentinel18725
12-09-2002, 07:06 PM
I CAN'T FIND THE TWELVE INCH DENGAR AND ZUCKASS OR EPHANT MON OR HOLIDAY SETS arrrrrrgggghhhhh:evil:

skyywalkerr
12-09-2002, 09:56 PM
That's because everyone is snapping all of them up and hording them...at least when I asked at the local Walmart, the guy said some guy came in and bought all the Holiday Sets they had...which is disconcerting, considering I haven't a dime til the 20th to get one:(

Sentinel18725
12-09-2002, 09:57 PM
I was hoping to give one for a gift....plus one for myself:p

vader_62
12-10-2002, 08:37 AM
I found a 12" Zuckuss, Dengar and Imperial Officer at the TRU in Gurnee Mills parking lot. I didn't buy any of them because I had to limit my collecting to 3.75" action figures. They also have quite a few 12" Luke w/ Tauntaun sets. They also put out some of the old Bo'Shek and Teebo wave. Lastly, they had the Ultimate Naboo Starfighter Lego Set for $39.99. I too have yet to see an Ephant Mon or Holiday set.

Val Da Car
12-10-2002, 09:42 AM
Was someone selling them in the parking lot?

You might have missed a noun or verb.

Sentinel18725
12-10-2002, 09:44 AM
That's why I can't find them. I've been looking in the store not in the parking lot! I'll run up to Western now to see if I can find one in the parking lot!:crazed:

u156446
12-10-2002, 12:58 PM
Found one (and only one) Holiday droid set at Walmart on Meacham. They also had Dengar & Imperial 12" figs for those looking.

Sentinel18725
12-10-2002, 07:43 PM
Great!:) Just got to get my car back and do some driving again

vader_62
12-11-2002, 10:52 AM
Sorry. I just meant that the TRU is in the Gurnee Mills Mall parking lot. I just wanted to be specific as to the location of the store in case people aren't familiar with Gurnee. And, I didn't wan't Flembar to yell at me! :D
Anyway, found all the new 12" figures at the Walmart in Round Lake Beach (the store is on the corner of Rt. 83 and Rollins Rd.). I also found one Holiday set (in the store :) ). The person I talked to in the toy department said they got them on Monday afternoon and they were down to two by Tuesday morning. And by the time I got there Tuesday afternoon, they only had the one left. Also, they didn't have the Slave I and Carrying case Lego set on clearence.
Lastly, I found about 10 Clone Pilots at the K-mart on Rollins Rd in Round Lake, but no Ephant.

u156446
12-13-2002, 12:41 PM
KB in Harlem-Irving has the 25th Anniversary 2-packs marked down to $4.99 and they have a large supply.

u156446
12-14-2002, 06:00 PM
TRU near Woodfield around 5:00 last night had one destroyer droid. TRU KB shortly after were getting ready to re-stock. Found an opened case (col. 2, wave 9, asst. 2) near the check-out counter and snagged a new Yoda to complete my '02 collection (that is unless those red battle droids are showing up). The case had one more Yoda plus a few destroyer droids in it when I left. They also had a col. 2 wave 9 asst 1 case (probably Ephant) but didn't bother to open it. Sorry for the late notice, but was finally able to get online for first time right now.

KIDD
12-16-2002, 07:50 PM
hey everyone just chimed in to say whats up and im glad to see everyone is caught up with the new figs but if anyone needs a yoda or destroyer droid let me know:D

vader_62
12-18-2002, 08:24 AM
Just found a bunch of High Council Yodas and Arena Destroyer Droids at the TRU in Gurnee. The TRU is in the same parking lot as Gurnee Mills Mall. The figures were in the store :D. They had at least 5 of each. They also had a ton of Clone Pilots. Still no Ephants. If anybody has a MOMC Ephant they are looking to unload, let me know.

vader_62
12-20-2002, 08:07 AM
One of my co-workers found the LEGO Republic Gunship at her local COSTCO for $35. I am not sure which COSTCO she was at but she called to tell me she bought the last two, one for me and one for her son. I won't talk to her again until after the New Year because she is on vacation, so I won't be able to get any more details. Any COSTCO members out there check your local stores. I checked the one in Nothfield/Northbrook on Willow Rd. and they didn't have any Gunships.

u156446
12-23-2002, 07:31 AM
Sorry for the late post, but KB in Chicago Ridge had 8 ephants on the pegs friday at 5pm. None were mint - all had case damage. If anything, it gives those of you who haven't found it hope that it's starting to show up in quantities now.

u156446
12-27-2002, 01:18 PM
Lunch today: Target on Rand had three Destroyer Droids and one Yoda, as well as some Accessory sets.

skyywalkerr
12-27-2002, 04:22 PM
does anyone at all have an extra Holiday set? not a single place from here to Iowa had any that I found...grrrrrrrr

ajaugie1
12-29-2002, 09:12 AM
Sorry Skywalkerr. I was lucky to find one on a Sunday morning at Wal-Mart in Forest Park a few weeks ago. It was sitting by itself in the Harry Potter section. They also had two each of the trash compactor sets. I picked up one each and left the others. I haven't seen any sets since. I never go to Wal-Mart on Sunday mornings so they must stock Saturday nights (the collecting gods were with me). This means the sets are out there (or were). I know this doesn't help you all immediatly but it might be good to ask the stock people if there are any still in the back. I thought for sure the Holiday Set would be produced in such great numbers that it would be collecting dust mid-March.

Any more Ephont sightings? I only need this huge piece of plastic to round out my figure collection for 2002.

Funny side note: I was commenting to my wife this morning on the figures coming out in 2003 and she said, "There are going to be more?" This is from the woman who bought me the Republic Gunship and Arena Playset for Christmas. She is such an enabler. :D

KIDD
12-30-2002, 01:37 PM
hey ajaugie can you give me a skew # so maybe i can track down the trash sets

ajaugie1
12-30-2002, 03:33 PM
Kidd, here you go...007693084930 and 007693084931. Hope it helps.

KIDD
12-30-2002, 05:08 PM
thanx

ajaugie1
01-03-2003, 06:01 PM
Hey all. I took the Gunship and Arena that I had gotten for Christmas back to Wal-Mart today with the receipt. My wife paid full price for each and I knew I could get some money back if they were on sale. The Arena rang up for $30.00 which seems to be common from most of the posts on the different collecting sites. The Gunship rang up for, get this, $12.00. I was totally surprised. I haven't heard of it being this low anywhere. Check to see if you still have those receipts. It's worth a try. The Wal-Mart was in Forest Park.

On the other side of good luck...there is nothing new out there. Wal-Marts are doing a new shelf set. It seems Nascar is moving out of the the diecast car aisle and now is a featured section in the front of the toy department once held by out beloved. Star Wars is given two meager columns in the action figure aisle. Any chance of finding the trash sets looks slim and the holiday set....forget about it. I would still love to find one more of these things. If you still need the bar sets, there is a WalMart in North Central Indiana that has about 20 of each. K-Mart, well is K-Mart. The couple I checked had figures for $2.99 but they were the Saga figures that came out in April. They also had Arenas for $44.95. Target's are swimming in those Action Figure (Action Fleet?) sets and the Hoth accessory set. TRU has everything old and new. They seem to be holding back from clearancing anything right now. I have been lucky to find every 2002 figure except Ephant there. KB may be getting new figures but always seems picked over by the time I get there.

All my store reports were done just west of the city. Is anyone finding anything differenty out there?

icatch9
01-06-2003, 08:06 AM
I found one Trash Compactor set at Wal Mart in Lake Zerich (SP?). They had two of the Chewy/Leia set. I bought the one and left the other. Everywhere in the North West has been lame. It's just the wrong time of year to find anything new. It seems that every day is the wrong time of year to find anything new at WM.

vader_62
01-07-2003, 08:49 AM
I was at my local Wal-Mart last night and found both of the Trash Compactor Sets. They had 5 or 6 of each and they were all in pretty decent shape. The Wal-Mart is on the corner of Route 83 and Rollins Rd. in Round Lake Beach. The zipcode is 60073 for those of you using mapquest. They were going for $17 a piece. If anybody can't get there and wants me to try and pick up a set after work tonight, I'll give it a shot, but I won't be able to get there until late tonight (7 - 8 PM). PM me if you want me to try and get a set for you. Also include condition of package (i.e. MOMC or I don't care, I'm just gonna open them anyway.) Happy Hunting.

Sentinel18725
01-10-2003, 11:11 PM
Found the Destroyer Droid at KB on Fullerton...no Ephont or Yoda

u156446
01-13-2003, 07:24 AM
KB at 95th & Western at noon yesterday: four destroyer droids & two yodas.

ajaugie1
01-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Show of hands....who's found Ephant and where?

u156446
01-13-2003, 12:46 PM
Found EM months ago at KMart (two were there, bought them both) in Palatine. Found him later at Target on Cicero near Ford City mall (bought it) with some Destroyer Droids (bought two). Then, most recent sighting was at KB in Chicago Ridge just before Christmas when they had around 10 on the pegs (left them all).

Made a short trip at lunch to some stores on Rand Rd. Nothing new. Walmart had EP1 figs out: Maul Tatooine (x3), Obi Naboo (x3) and Qui-Gon Naboo (x3) - $2.50 each.

icatch9
01-14-2003, 07:52 AM
I found Ephant Mon at TRU in Gurnee on Xmas Eve. They had two and neither where in mint package. Then I've sceen 3 others at differnt times. Two at Target and another at TRU. None in mint package. It's been slim pickens around lately. It will pick up sooner than later :).

KIDD
01-14-2003, 08:05 PM
check the touhy walmart for your saga tie bombers:D

Val Da Car
01-14-2003, 08:47 PM
Racine,WI Wal Mart has 3 Tie BomBers left

skyywalkerr
01-15-2003, 05:16 PM
Saw TIE Bombers at the Walmart in Elk Grove today around 4pm, they had 4. Also had a couple clone pilots, a couple clone troopers and stuff in that wave but no Yoday or Droideka yet. As for the Christmas thing, I never saw one ANYWHERE. I guess that will be the one thing I will never have...at this point, I'm starting to care less and less about collecting because of stuff like that.

Found my Ephants on Dec 19 at the TRU on Army Trail Road in Bloomingdale.

Val Da Car
01-15-2003, 06:06 PM
The TRU by me up here (ya hey there)...Midwest joke...got in the Destroyer Droids, Yoda and Clone trooper pilots......all in the second half of December.

icatch9
01-17-2003, 08:03 AM
I've sceen plenty of TIE Bombers. Vernon Hills had 3 or 4 as did the WM in Mt. Prospect. Also found several TPM figures at the the Mt. P WM. Nothing great, but the packages where good and they where only a buck. I got Naboo Obi Wan and Qui Gon. Tatooine and Sith Lord Maul, and Pilot Anakin.

This is a slow time for Star Wars, but with the list of things to come this year, I think we could use a break. As for the Xmas two pack. I wouldn't worry about it. They made them, they'll show up sooner or later. Hey maybe we'll find it for super cheap at Big Lots or someting :).

KIDD
01-18-2003, 03:44 PM
Mt.Prospect Walmart hd at least 6 full sets of the trash compactor scenes as of 1:00 pm today
Lake zurich Walmart 3 tie bombers as of 2:00 pm today.
Mt. Prospect Walmart is on Rand Road And Central Rd in Mt. Prospect

icatch9
01-20-2003, 07:46 AM
FYI: The FAO in down town Chicago is closed. My fiance' went to visit a friend who lives down town yesterday, so I asked her to stop in there and check things out. Low and behold the place was boarded up and abandoned. I guess they are really going out. The TRU that was on State St down town was out of business befor Xmas. So, now there are no toy stores anywhere down town. That's strange and crappy. Maybe TRU will build a huge one like in NYC now that FAO is out. Who knows.

Nothing good to report. WM in Crystal Lake had a couple of Destroyer Droids and Clone pilots. Plus, Trash Compactor sets. That's about it.

Darth Boogie
01-20-2003, 08:22 PM
Check out the Family Dollar stores! They have some 2000/2001 SW figures at a super deal!!! :crazed:

Val Da Car
01-20-2003, 10:56 PM
not my family dollar...$5.00 for EP 1 Amidala?

blah...

I went to Wally world and found Yoda w/chair case fresh...Destroyer Droids regular price $4.77 and a Slave I for $13 on clearance!!!!

skyywalkerr
01-21-2003, 07:35 PM
Picked up Trash Compactors at Elk Grove Walmart...they had three complete sets when I left at 5pm

KIDD
01-21-2003, 09:36 PM
good for you skyywalkerr glad your back in the game:D

KIDD
01-26-2003, 08:45 PM
if anyone needs the trash sets i hid a set at the mt prospect walmart up on the top shelf behind the mcfarlane nbs figures

u156446
01-31-2003, 08:42 AM
Passed through Orlando yesterday and killed some time at Downtown Disney. Was cool to check out the Star Tours figs in person, but wasn't interested in picking them up. They also had the 12" Plo Koon - not sure if this is showing up around here yet. Lego store had AT-TE that I'd never seen before as well.

skyywalkerr
01-31-2003, 07:02 PM
Did a toy run after work today and found the remnants of what everyone else found...The new waves at Walmart. (I'll find everything in three weeks, that's the way it works) but DID see the 12" Anakin (I dont pay enough attn to the 12" ones, I didnt know he came with a removable arm) Padme and the Geo Warrior at the TRU in Bloomingdale. The two humans summed up why I don't buy the 12" figures. The sculpts look like crap on both. I'm glad to see that Hasbro's thing with Gentle Giant was so serendipitous! (Can I use a word with more than two syllables here? hehehe)

skyywalkerr
02-01-2003, 03:37 PM
Picked up Obi Wan at Walmart on Lake Cook, they also had a few Speederbikes

KIDD
02-01-2003, 11:39 PM
got xtra ephant mons for trade

icatch9
02-03-2003, 08:10 AM
WM in Vernon Hills had a couple of Action Fleet ships marked down to $5.00. They had a Vader TIE and a couple of X Wings. I picked up the last Falcon. Nothing else new to report. It's slow going now a days :rolleyes:

vader_62
02-03-2003, 08:18 AM
Found the new Obi-Wan Arena and Tyranus Geonosian Escape at the Wal-mart on Rollins and Rt. 83 in Round Lake Beach. They had one of each when I left but both were a little dinged up. I also found all the new Mini Lego sets at Target on Grand Ave. in Gurnee. They had most of the other new sets, but all I could afford at the time was the four minis. They are each going for $4 each. I was also in DeKalb over the weekend and found the Yoda Lego Set for $55 at the Walmart there. Still haven't seen any Tie Bombers.

Sentinel18725
02-04-2003, 08:24 PM
ANYTHING IN CHICAGO...I KEEP LOOKING BUT I SEE NOTHING!

u156446
02-06-2003, 12:51 PM
Walmart on Meacham has new Tyranus (x2) and new Obi-Wan (x3). Packages are not mint.

Target on Meacham and Golf has one deluxe clonetrooper.

icatch9
02-10-2003, 12:05 PM
Still really slow in Chicago Land. I did get my Imperial Shuttle from FAO on Friday. It's real cool, but still don't know if it's worth the $150 bones I dropped on it. Oh well, if you've got to have it all you have to buy it all. $150 now is better than $300 six months from now.

Anyone finding any good sales? I haven't found anything worth buying since my $5 AF Falcon.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a Saga collection TIE Bomber. Thinking about getting it, even if it's not that differnt from the POTJ version.

Val Da Car
02-14-2003, 05:46 AM
I am near a couple of Targets in SE Wisconsin and noticed that they have marked the Accessory Sets off by $2.00.

This pricing is in effect from 2/9 thru 3/1 according to the tag.

I have also seen the Target Exclusive Accessory sets at a K-B Toy Works but they were $10.99.

Thanks and good shopping.

u156446
02-20-2003, 07:12 AM
As of last night:
Walmart on Cicero near Midway has three TIE Bombers.
TRU on Cicero has 12" Leia & Han in Carbonite, 12" Padme, 12" Geo

icatch9
02-20-2003, 08:29 AM
It's been slow going everywhere around here. I found the Saga TIE Bomber earlier this week at Walmart on Rand Rd in Mt Prospect. TRU in Gurnee had a bunch of good figs, but nothing new. They had several Yoda's (both of the Saga Versions), Several Dooku's (not the new one), several Clone Pilots and Destroyer Droids. Also the Leia, Han Carbo two pack (wich is pretty lame). The Liea is cool, but the Carbo Han is very pathetic. The 12" version that came out a few years ago is much better. They should of just included that one, it would have been cheaper and looked a lot nicer.

Good luck on the hunt :D.

u156446
02-20-2003, 09:27 AM
Also, picked up a 12" talking Ep1 TC-14 on clearance at KB in a nrmint box. Anyone interested in it? If so, I'd prefer a trade for newer MOMC Saga figs. LMK.

skyywalkerr
02-20-2003, 05:29 PM
Hey guys...the Walmart in Elk Grove has some bombers on the top shelf above the slim pickins of figures if you need them. I am moving to Rogers Park in a couple weeks...anyone know the nearest stores that I can pick stuff up at?

INDIANA
02-21-2003, 08:58 AM
I found Aayla, Bariss, and Lama Su at Target this morning. Finally new stuff in Chicago. Hopefully I won't be the only one.

I have an extra Aayla, Baris, Lama Su, and Library Droids I will TRADE, 1 for 1, for new SAGA Imperial Commanders ONLY! I would like them for customizing so they can be loose. The cards are not the best, some dented bubbles and bent cards, but they would be great openers.

PM me. I'd be available tonight if you are.

Good luck looking everyone.

Broadview Target....sorry U This double post has been combined by your friendly neighborhood moderator.

KIDD
02-22-2003, 01:45 PM
found new padme library droids tusken raider both headsculpts of the rebel fleet trooper and imperial officer eeth koth and teebo

OOPS Lake Zurick Target had a couple of eeth koths and teebos and rebel fleet trooper

u156446
02-22-2003, 03:22 PM
That's nice. Umm...

Where? When? Anything left?

Val Da Car
02-23-2003, 12:00 PM
no new figs in SE Wisconsin but Wal Mart - Racine has six new TIE Bombers

u156446
02-24-2003, 07:37 AM
Picked up new Padme, Rebel Trooper, Tusken at Target Crestwood yesterday afternoon. Left behind two Tuskens, one Padme

skyywalkerr
02-24-2003, 12:56 PM
Went to a few Walmarts yesterday (Lake Cook in Wheeling, Mt. Prospect...) and they all had Bombers and plenty of them

Val Da Car
02-25-2003, 10:22 AM
My TRU has a half price on the Deluxe figure (Flipping Ani, Dooku, Obi Wan) and force power Mace Windu...

woo hoo $6.98 each...clear out the peg warmers!!!!

at least to make room for HULK stuff...

stupid marketing people...
j/k

skyywalkerr
02-26-2003, 05:27 PM
I did a toy run today in the north burbs. Lake Zurich had nada, Vernon Hills Walmart had the new Tusken, Padme, and the repacks of rebel and imperial troops. And they were all bent. They COULD have been damaged during ship ment, but what I found at the Wheeling Walmart made me think otherwise. I picked up a Lama Su, Barris Ofee, Research Droids there and they were all bent...by someone. Lama Su had the corner bent, obviously intentionally, and all the *NEW* figures were bent. Strangely, the clone pilots, Yoda, Droiderkas were all untouched. If I was a packaged only collector, I'd have been ****** off. Luckily I buy two of each figure...If anyone ever catches the person who is doing it, kick em in the nuts. If that person is on these forums, you should be ashamed of yourself for being such a XXXXXXXXX. It's not like these figures aren't going to be EVERYWHERE in the next week or two. On a side note, I opened all the figures and WOW. T he Tusken Raider is what i have always dreamed of...it's the best one to date. not that that is saying much...And Padme? If she didnt have that grimace on her face, she would be perfect. She is super poseable, and has a great sculpt...I wasn't looking forward to her because I t hought she was only built to run, but she looks awesome!

Val Da Car
02-26-2003, 06:43 PM
Skywalkerr....I have noticed the same thing here in SE Wisconsin...only new figures get "Bent" treatment...sometimes really bad....even on quiet days.

I wish I knew who was doing this so I can smack 'em....I like to open my figures and keep the packaging...and this bakes my cookies....

oh well when they go to the hot place in the afterlife none of packages they bend will stay bent...so they will have to bend them over and over and over....

enjoy all..

KIDD
02-26-2003, 08:14 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18008 go there

icatch9
02-27-2003, 07:57 AM
People who bend stuff suck. Worse than scalpers. At least scalpers buy the stuff. Benders are lame and to poor to even buy anything. They are the toe jam of the universe.

Kidd, I know that a "Chicago Trade" thread is differnt than this "just found" thread, but the Mod is going to combine the two. There is little difference. Trades can happen in here. I just don't see the difference or need to have a whole other thread.

KIDD
02-27-2003, 09:26 AM
because they are gonna say this is a finds board not a trading section

Flembar
02-27-2003, 08:20 PM
had a chance to swing by Wal-mart on Toughy in Niles today (which is, I must say, the absolute WORST walmart in Chicagoland on many levels)... as of 4:00 pm they had 6 TIE Bombers (look up), one droideka, 2 or 3 clone pilots, and a handful of pegwarmers.... all in all a pretty underwheming selection.... but they DID have TIEs

-Rash Flembar-

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

skyywalkerr
03-08-2003, 12:32 PM
no one's found anything lately?

Val Da Car
03-08-2003, 12:39 PM
not really anything new..just the same 3 Tie Bombers in Racine's Uber Wal-Mart....24 hrs 364 days a year

and the clone trooper pilot/destroyer droid wave...no yoda and 1 count dooku figure

u156446
03-11-2003, 10:07 AM
found anakin swoop & tyranus speeder last friday at target. if you're interested in a trade for them, I could use some newer figs for them (see the Trading forum). also found teebo & eeth koth last night at target (nothing left there). all these finds have been at the target in rosement.

u156446
03-13-2003, 11:21 AM
target in rosemont had two new padmes as of 5:00 last night

u156446
03-13-2003, 12:45 PM
walmart on rand had one library droids (crushed bubble), two tuskens, one padme, one rebel trooper, lots of yoda, destroyer droid, clone pilots. left all behind

KIDD
03-13-2003, 04:42 PM
anybody need a new tusken new padme or library droids have these to trade eamil me kidd54331@aol.com

u156446
03-13-2003, 09:04 PM
found more anakin & tyranus speeders at target on joliet & lagrange. picked up one set and left one tyranus behind that was in a damaged box. set up for trade - see trading posts.

also, walmart on joliet/lagrange had new action fleet.

[DSS]Pedr0
03-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Toys-R-Us on 81st & Cicero had all the new lego's and a crap load of new 12" Figures

bobafrett
03-16-2003, 02:32 AM
Which 12" figures [DSS]Pedro? I live near O'Hare airport, so I wouldn't mind making the drive out to that store soon.

[DSS]Pedr0
03-16-2003, 09:58 PM
i get paid 2morrow and was gonna take another look up there...so i'll get more info 4 ya then...i mainly stay wit the legos and UNLEASHED figures...but i'll get the info

skyywalkerr
03-18-2003, 09:44 AM
Palatine Target had the speeders

icatch9
03-18-2003, 02:12 PM
A bit off topic but I need some help from you guys. My fiance' and I also collect Harry Potter stuff. Unfortunely being a non-moive year toys have been scarce. So much so that many Targets have clearanced all the Harry Potter toys out. However many have not. It seems that the Targest that have the "Third" action figure isle has kept them in inventory.

I'm asking that you just to list any Targets in the land that still carry HP stuff, or at least have the third action figure isle.

There are two figures that are out that have proved to be very elusive. Even harder than a Sio Bible or Holo Sidious. Just so you know where I'm comeing from :D.

Thanks to all for your help.

Nothing new in the North West Burbs. Haven't sceen any sign of anything.

[DSS]Pedr0
03-18-2003, 05:53 PM
bobafrett:Toys-R-Us 81st & Cicero has 12" Leia(Bounty Hunter Costume w/ Solo in Carbonite), Mace, Anakin, and Dooku

bobafrett
03-19-2003, 08:27 AM
Thanks [DSS]Pedr0, I'll do a mapquest, shouldn't be that far. I will check a couple of closer TRU stores along the way.

[DSS]Pedr0
03-24-2003, 12:05 PM
Toys-R-Us in Melrose Park and in North Riverside has a wide variety of 12" figs....(anakin, geonosian warrior, dengar, imperial officer and more), o and at The Riverside Mall one, a crap load of Luke On the TaunTaun one for like $40-50, i think...i saw like 10 of them there plus a few X-Wings, full size i believe

icatch9
03-25-2003, 08:03 AM
Found the new Speeders at TRU in Deerfield on Deefield Road. They had two Dooku's and one Anakin. The price didn't scan so I scored them both for $10 each. Wich is $5 cheaper than they charge and $3 cheaper than Target, so that was a pretty cool score.

They look cool. The Hand is seperate from the lightsabers, so that's good. The Anakin has a goofy facial expresion but that's the norm with him. All in all a cool couple of items.

Flembar
03-26-2003, 07:09 PM
I was driving by TRU at Golh Mills mall (milwaukee & Golf in Niles) and deceided to shoot in for a looksee for the first time in some time

nothing new to report.... but they had a HUGE number of POTJ Bo Sheks and R4-M9s.... as well as a few of those late issue POTJ ewoks they just rereleased on saga cards (paploo?)

alll are on the original POTJ cards and in good shape.... and there is an abundant supply foir anyone who hasnt snatched them up by now..... otherwise, nothing else to report

-Rash Flembar-

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

u156446
03-27-2003, 02:42 PM
TRU on Rand had a dozen Tyranus & Anakin speeders as of noon today.

u156446
03-28-2003, 01:36 PM
Crestwood target had many electronic Yoda lightsabers last night. Don't normally look at these things, but the green color and picture of Yoda caught my eye. Not sure if these are new items or not.

skyywalkerr
03-28-2003, 03:01 PM
you guys want me to start the Spring thread now?

Val Da Car
03-30-2003, 11:51 AM
Start the spring thread after daylight savings time kicks off next week.

btw I was in my target in SE Wis and found DLX Yoda/Battle Droid & Deluxe Head swappin' C3P0......

both for $7.99 as well as a few of the Accessory Kits also for $7.99!!.

Finally got Han solo (both color variations) for $4.79 each.

Still not a sign of any new figures there...

btw did anyone get the upcoming sale/scoop at KB Toys for instore promotions next week?

Sentinel18725
03-30-2003, 12:40 PM
Target in Chicago on Elston has both speeder bikes

u156446
03-31-2003, 12:57 PM
TRU had AOTC Sneak Preview figs: 2 of each, but no clonetroopers. All 12 of the new speeder bikes that were there last Thursday are all gone.

bobafrett
03-31-2003, 01:02 PM
I'm trying to limit my shopping, as my CC's are just about maxed. It makes it hard to read some of the threads here, because I want to run out and buy these before I have to buy them off of a second market dealer, or eBay.

Control, control, I must use control.....

INDIANA
03-31-2003, 03:46 PM
If any of you LOTR fans need a Gollum, I picked him up this am at Wal-Mart Forest Park. That store also got in a case of new SW (pre-LamaSu) and the Imperial Officer was gone. The Wal_mart on North Ave also had a case of Teebo/Eeth Koth. Again all the Imperials and Rebels were gone. I still need another Blonde Imperial if anyone wants to trade. PM me.

[DSS]Pedr0
03-31-2003, 05:06 PM
I NEED RINGWRAITH FIGURES!!! BIG AND SMALL!! LOCATIONS ANYONE??? thnx

KIDD
03-31-2003, 07:09 PM
icatch9 is a scalper ill explain myself he has some mcfarlane sports figures up on ebay and i need them to finish my sets and i asked him to sell them to and he said ok 100.00 for both and they only cost 9.99 who here thinks thats right ? and i even offered him more then what he paid for them with collectors like him u dont need scalpers :frus:

KIDD
03-31-2003, 07:20 PM
heres the email he sent me

Subj: Re: Ebay Questions about SP Variants
Date: 3/31/2003 11:29:01 AM Central Standard Time
To: KIDD54331@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

I am looking to get $100.00 for the pair (Kovalchuk and Brunell). Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Derek

Darth Banky
03-31-2003, 07:25 PM
Kidd, that's blasphemy. You've helped so many people(myself included) score new/hard to find items. That's pretty lame if someone wants to screw you over!

KIDD
03-31-2003, 08:07 PM
thanx for your support banky

bobafrett
03-31-2003, 11:55 PM
I saw several Gollums at a Wal-Mart near Hanover Park. No new SW figures there though. I wanted to pick up a Gollum, but as I mentioned above, I'm nearing my spending limit.

icatch9
04-01-2003, 08:03 AM
I am not going to get into a slanderous debate over this. Kidd is free to think what he will. He has never helped me out with anything and I owe him nothing.

He is making me out to be something I'm not. The McFarlane Sports Picks I'm selling are no longer shipping and for all intensive purposes out of print. Frankly they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. That is the way ebay works. I have several of these up for auction on ebay now. I get what I can for them, to help out my own collection. I need nothing in trade, so I sell them, take the money and buy more. It's a simple formula that allows my collection to grow with out hitting my wallet so bad.

Perhaps they did cost $10-13 at one time. That was then and this is now. A vintage Yak Face used to cost $1.98 too, but no one is going to sell one for that price. Such are my items; I'm not trying to rip anyone off. I sell them for what the general public thinks they are worth. That is the way ebay works. The two particular items Kidd was after are valued at about $50.00 each. I may have added a bit to them because he was asking me to break ebay rules, rules that are there to keep order, rules that if broken get a suspension, rules that Iím sure Kidd has broken many times.

Further more I do not scalp. I don't sell any new Star Wars figures for an inflated price. I don't hoard them or buy them all when I see them. I don't damage cards at the store. I donít own a comic book shop. I donít set up at trade shows. I don't do any of the common practices of a scalper. I'm a collector. I've found a way to pay for my collection with my collection. Itís that simple.

Call me what you will, but I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Flembar
04-01-2003, 08:15 AM
This is really stupid and petty

Kidd, if you don't like icatch's prices then dont buy it from him.... move along.... move along

that being said, I agree with you, Kidd.... $100 is a lot of money.... probably too much.... but so what?!?

both you guys have helped a lot of people on this board... and we are all grateful

but please keep your stupid, petty dirty laundry between yourselves

in case you havent noticed, there actually happen to be serious things going on in the world

vader_62
04-01-2003, 08:23 AM
I was in my local Wal-mart (Rt. 83 and Rollins Rd. - Round Lake) last night hoping to see a TIE Bomber in my area, but what I found was even better. I found two Ephant Mons. Before anybody rushes out there I bought both. One to keep carded and one to open. Neither was Mint (One was trashed and the other had some stress creases and a small bend in the corner), but I haven't heard of too many of these figures being found MOMC. Anyway, there still is hope that figures will show up.

As for Cantina Sets, I found all three right away in Round Lake. They don't have them anymore, but the last time I was in DeKalb(about a month ago), the Super Wal-Mart there had tons of the Hammerhead and Ponda Baba sets, but only one or two Greedos. I'm sorry I didn't pick them up. I didn't realize others were having such trouble getting them.

icatch9
04-01-2003, 08:26 AM
Thanks Flembar for a little levity. I agree this should of been kept between us. It was Kidds choice to flame me and I had to defend myself. I'm sure you can understand that.

My price was debateable, but if you are not in the Sports Pick trade then you may not understand. Some that were in retail stores less than a year ago sell for $200 on up to $500, that's just what they are worth. It may be hard to fathem how something that sold for $10 could be worth so much. I don't get it either, but it's the truth. I have several of these that are truley worth $200-$300 and it's real hard to keep them in my collection, but I do becasue I like them and want them.

KIDD
04-01-2003, 09:23 AM
yeah thats true some of the older series sports figs do go for more money but not the hockey figure your trying to get 50.00 for it just came out in a recent series so how do u justify that

sith_killer_99
04-01-2003, 01:05 PM
Watch the name callin' and everybody play nice. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.:mad: ;)

Val Da Car
04-01-2003, 01:34 PM
whoo...just like an ice hockey game....whistle from the ref.....

skyywalkerr
04-01-2003, 06:20 PM
anyone have any Royal Guards? (Saga preferably) I need a few loose ones. Let me know!

Flembar
04-04-2003, 10:01 AM
isnt it coming up soon? Ive never been but am curious.... anyone know the details?

-R.F.-

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

INDIANA
04-04-2003, 03:01 PM
I will gladly pay $10 for any blonde Imperial Officers, any condition. PM me. Thanks

u156446
04-04-2003, 03:14 PM
Kane County toy fair is April 27.

One lone new Tusken seen at WM on Meacham at lunch.

icatch9
04-07-2003, 12:07 PM
Nothing new to report, except for my run in with Brian from Brian's Toys.

I was at the National Hot Wheels Convention this weekend in Cincinnati. It was a good time all around. Wish they had that sort of thing for Star Wars. Anyway, Brian was there selling and promoting his new site/store Brians Cars. Exactly the same as his Star Wars stuff only dealing with Hot Wheels (and I'm sure Nascar stuff). This convention was at the Hyatt downtown Cinci and among other things that go on are room to room tradeing. Basically you open you door to your hotel room and people come in tradeing stuff and what not. Anyway, Brian and one of his employees walks into our room promoting his room (across the street in another hotel) and his new store. I didn't recognize him (as if anyone would) but my dad did for some reason. Probally becasue he was wearing a name tage that said Brian.

Erlier that day I went to a collectable toy store that is located in Cincinnat. It was great and I can't wait to go back. While there I bought a vintage Sonic Controlled Landspeeder completed with R2 D2 sound maker. I paid $35 for it. I thought it was a great price, and it was something I needed for my collection. I get back to the hotel room and check out the price in the latest Lee's. I found out that a loose one books for $260 :eek: :greedy: :eek: . I found this hard to believe and I just blew it off as another inaccurate price guide blunder.

Well, when I realized the geek of all Star Wars geeks was in my room, I figured I'd ask his opinon on it. It turned into a sceen from one of those collector shows. He was eyeballing it, pointing out the good features of the item, why it was a good piced and so on. He was very nice and very personable. Seemed very interested in helping me out with his opinion. Turns out my Sonic Land Speeder was quite a find. He rated it at a C8-8.5. He said, he'd of paid $50 for it if someone brought it in to sell. Then mentioned how he valued it at about $100-110. I realize this is of course high as all his prices are, but still it was pretty cool knowing I found something for a steal that he thought was good.

I road down in the elevator with him and chatted a bit about Star Wars. The 10 other Hot Wheels guys in there with us must of thought we were nuts. I must say that Brian seems to be very nice and friendly. I don't like his prices but he seems to be a very nice guy. Certainly easy to talk to about collectable toys and the hobby in general. He knows his stuff and that's probally why he runs such a successful business.

Sorry for the long story, but I just wanted to share my little story.

u156446
04-08-2003, 12:55 PM
TRU on Rand has 18 each of the Anakin and Tyranus speeder bikes.

bobafrett
04-08-2003, 03:33 PM
Rand in what town? I'm familiar with Rand, but would like a little help with where the TRU is.

u156446
04-08-2003, 03:39 PM
Not sure of the town. The TRU is just North of Palatine Rd. on the East side of the street.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
04-08-2003, 10:14 PM
icatch, was that store The Earth Collectable Toy Mall? I go there every now and then.