PDA

View Full Version : Rate the figures

bigbarada
10-18-2002, 02:51 PM
This is the fourth figure rating thread, we have just completed POTJ and POTF2 and are simultaneously doing Ep1 figures and Vintage.

Rating system is 0-10; 0=worst, 10=best

So let's begin with the initial twelve Star Wars figures:

Luke Skywalker - 8

Princess Leia - 7 all figures with the vinyl capes automatically lose one point

Artoo Detoo - 10 my first Star Wars figure, still one of my favorites

Chewbacca - 8

Ben Kenobi - 7

Darth Vader - 7

Han Solo - 8

See-Threepio - 10 awesome chrome finish

Stormtrooper - 6 I don't think there was really any reason to have his head fused to his body

Death Squad Commander - 5 I only knew him as "the mushroom headed guy"

Sandpeople - 7

Jawa - 10 for the cloth caped version, vinyl cape would get a 7

Bel-Cam Jos
10-18-2002, 08:32 PM
Luke Skywalker - 6. It's the lack of a decent gripping hand that dooms him. I didn't really like the in-the-arm sabers, either. Brown Hair Luke: 6 1/2.

Princess Leia - 6. It's the lack of a decent gripping hand that dooms her. All figures with the vinyl capes automatically lose zero points because vinyl capes are cool.

Artoo Detoo - 6. It's the lack of a decent gripping hand that dooms him. Sorry, I liked accessories.

Chewbacca - 7. It's the lack of decent gripping hands that dooms him. But Chewie was always neat, especially his bowcaster.

Ben Kenobi - 6. It's the lack of a decent gripping hand that dooms him. And those weird pipe-looking legs!

Darth Vader - 8. It's the lack of a decent gripping hand that dooms him, but Vader was a great-looking figure, even though they never resculpted him.

Han Solo - 9. Finally, a decent gripping hand. Han was the man, even with the bent arm. His pants looked great. One of the best guns made.

See-Threepio - 7. It's the lack of a decent gripping hand that dooms him. But he was my favorite of the droid pair. My original one is missing a hand for some unknown reason.

Stormtrooper - 8. I always wanted a removable head, to put Han or Luke on it, but "robot" type figures rocked! OIl!

Death Squad Commander - 7. I used him as a Rebel Fleet Trooper. Seldom was he an Imperial when playing. Very versatile.

Sandpeople - 7. It's the lack of a decent gripping hand that dooms him. And those weird pipe-looking legs! But he was scary looking, and had one of the best sound effects (waaahhh! wong wong wong wong! )

Jawa - 8 for the cloth caped version; MY first fig. One of the best small figures.

I didn't really enjoy this first wave; the next 9 were awesome!

tagmac
10-19-2002, 02:32 PM
Luke - 7
Vader - 10
Leia - 8
Jawa - 8
R2-D2 - 10
Chewbacca - 9 (incorrect bowcaster costs 1 point)
Han Solo - 8
C-3PO - 10
Stormtrooper- 7
Death Squad Commander - 8
Tusken Raider - 6
Ben Kenobi - 8

plasticfetish
10-21-2002, 01:56 AM
I got the first 4 figures in the early bird set. It was a big day in my life as a kid ...
I carried that R2 figure around for years like a good luck charm.
Luke Skywalker - 7
Princess Leia - 6
Artoo Detoo - 9
Chewbacca - 9
I still think today that the Chewy figure is one of the best toys/figures ever designed. Minimalist and durable ...
though I always though it was weird that he had blue eyes.
Ben Kenobi - 7
Darth Vader - 10
My favorite figure ever. It was just plain cool having a "bad guy" figure like this.
Han Solo - 7
Cool costume, but odd hair ... and what's with the "paddle" hand? (Though I suppose Darth has this too.)
See-Threepio - 10
They could have chromed cat poop when I was a kid and I would of liked it ... but, this was a robot ALSO.
Stormtrooper - 8
Death Squad Commander - 6
Sandpeople - 8
A great, simple, cool alien figure.
Jawa - 8
Another great, simple, cool alien figure ... and he's small too.

bigbarada
10-21-2002, 12:27 PM
Okay, I'm a little slow to put up the next nine, but here they are:

Luke X-Wing - 4 I know he was from 1979 and all, but he is just not very good

Greedo - 8 good sculpt, he has Nabrun Lieds' body though

Hammerhead - 10 excellent sculpting, the fact that he didn't have a lot of paint applications was very important to me as a kid, it meant I could shove him in my pocket and not worry about paint chips on fingers and noses and toes

Snaggletooth - 8 for blue and 9 for red, I love the little short, stumpy body and the silver paint on the blue version's feet rubbed off too easily

Walrusman - 6 how Lucas made a fuss over Snags but let this figure slip through the cracks I will never know, he is inaccurate from head to toe, but since he is an alien he is still cool

Power Droid - 10 one of the coolest figures in the line!

R5-D4 - 10 another great droid figure!

Death Star Droid - 10 can you guess I love the droids?:)

Boba Fett - 10 still looks good, even standing next to 300th Fett

Bel-Cam Jos
10-21-2002, 11:39 PM
Luke X-Wing - 8 I loved versatile figures. He could be Dack, Biggs, Wedge, anybody. I never understood why they made him wiht black hair (didn't realize it was supposed to be the visor until much later).

Greedo - 8 great figure; one of my favorite aliens. He's the oldest figure that I still have.

Hammerhead - 8 another great alien. The eyes looking to the side were a tad goofy.

Snaggletooth - 5 I never had Blue Snaggs (but I still would give him a 6) as a kid, but this figure was only so-so.

Walrusman - 9 awesome! For a kid who still took baths, this was the best figure. I LOVE(D) the flippers, and the sorta tilted gun hand sculpt.

Power Droid - 7 he made a great Jawa flying craft. Liked the click-click noise.

R5-D4 - 6 Only okay.

Death Star Droid - 6 Not as good as Threepio (must'a been the chrome not gold color). It's the lack of a decent gripping hand that dooms him.

Boba Fett - 10 One of the greatest vintage figures, with or without a rocket-firing pack. Loved the flamethrower on the wrist.

These were the ones that began my obsession with SW figures.

plasticfetish
10-22-2002, 12:42 AM
Yeah ... I have to agree, this set of figures really put the whole thing over the top. Aliens and robots! What could be better?

Luke X-Wing - 8
Needed someone for that x-wing.

Greedo - 9
Great costume ... great colors. This figure really is a little piece of Pop Art.

Hammerhead - 8
Tall, boney, funny headed alien. So perfect!

Snaggletooth - 7
OK. He's kind'a the "Curly Joe" of the alien group ... but he's still great.

Walrusman
Again ... great costume, great colors. Yeah ... the flipper feet are awesome. What's even cooler is that he has knee-high boots for them.

Power Droid - 7
Maybe an 8 ... after all, mine's 24 years old and he still clicks.
Way better than the POTF "gonk" anyway.

R5-D4 - 8
At last R2 could have a little friend to chat with.

Death Star Droid - 8
I like chromed toys.

Boba Fett - 9
The only one of my original figures that I don't still have. I have no idea where it is ... I may have played with it until it turned to dust.

tagmac
10-22-2002, 11:35 PM
X-Wing Luke - 6
Greedo - 8
Hammerhead - 7
Snaggletooth - 8
Walrusman - 7
Power Droid - 8
R5-D4 - 10
Death Star Droid - 9
Boba Fett - 10

bigbarada
10-23-2002, 01:20 AM
Okay the first waves of ESB figures:

Bossk - 9 I absolutely hated this figure as a kid, although now he is one of my favorites

Lobot - 8 dull and boring, but that's what makes him so perfect, unlike the Disco Lobot from the POTF2 line

Lando Calrissian - 7 still docking points for the vinyl capes

Leia Bespin Gown - 7

Han Hoth - 8 cool figure, even though I never figured out that his gun fit into his holster until recently :stupid:

Luke Bespin - 6 alright, but he loses points for re-using the Star Wars Luke's head

FX-7 - 8 probably about as good as this figure could get for 1980, doesn't hold a candle to the POTJ version though

Dengar - 6 too short, jaundiced, really just an ugly character design also. Like Bossk, I hated this guy when I was a kid also, but those feelings haven't changed all that much for Dengar.

Hoth Rebel Soldier - 5

Hoth Rebel Commander - 8 is it just me or does he bear a striking resemblance to John Ratzenberger?

Snowtrooper - 9 loved this figure, but the vinyl cape keeps it from being a 10

2-1B - 10 one of the coolest figures in the line, I loved the see through stomach

Han Bespin - 10 very cool figure, the Bespin outfit was always my favorite

IG-88 - 8 nice figure

Imperial Commander - 9 another of my favorite figures as a kid

AT-AT Driver - 6 he's an alright figure and I love the AT-AT Drivers but there is just something about his helmet sculpt that I really don't like

Hoth Leia - 10 my favorite of the Leia outfits

Ugnaught - 10 what a great little figure!

Bespin Security Guard (white) - 4 ugh! don't like him

Yoda - 10 still the best Yoda ever made; cloth cloak and a working belt, all on a figure that is less than an inch tall. Hasbro could really learn a lot from this toy.

tagmac
10-23-2002, 09:13 PM
Bossk - 10
Lobot - 8
Lando - 9
Leia Bespin Gown - 7
Han Solo Hoth - 10
Bespin Luke - 9
FX-7 - 9
Dengar - 6
Rebel Soldier - 8
Rebel Commander - 7
Snowtrooper - 10
2-1B - 9
Bespin Han - 7
IG-88 - 10
Imperial Commander - 8
At-At Driver - 8
Hoth Leia - 9
Ugnaught - 10
Bespin Guard (White) - 7
Yoda - 10

Deoxyribonucleic
10-23-2002, 10:39 PM
All get a 10 from me as I love the vintage figs and think nothing can beat the feeling I get when I look at my vintage collection! It's all about nastalgia and being old :crazed:

AdmiralPiett
10-24-2002, 01:04 AM
Big B, now that you mention that rebel commander looks like John Ratzenberger, I always thought that the White Bespin Guard looked like Rob Reiner when playing Mike Stivic in ALL IN THE FAMILY.
Piett

bigbarada
10-24-2002, 01:08 AM
The last nine ESB figures and the first wave of ROTJ figures:

ESB:
Cloud Car Pilot - 8

AT-AT Commander - 9

Luke Hoth - 8

Bespin Guard (black) - 8

Zuckuss - 8 (renamed as 4-LOM in the POTF2 line)

TIE Fighter Pilot - 9

Threepio with Removable Limbs - 10

Artoo with Sensorscope - 10

4-LOM - 10 (renamed as Zuckuss in the POTF2 line)

ROTJ:
Luke Jedi - 9

Leia Boushh - 8

Nien Nunb - 7

Emperor's Royal Guard - 10 neither modern version holds a candle to this one

Ree-Yees - 8

Weequay - 9 still better than his POTF2 version

Lando Skiff - 9 better than POTF2

Chief Chirpa - 6

Klaatu - 10 awesome figure!

Rebel Commando - 6

Biker Scout - 8 better than the POTJ version

Gamorrean Guard - 8 again, like most of the ROTJ line, better than his modern couterpart

Logray - 8

Squidhead - 10 has yet to be improved upon

Admiral Ackbar - 8

General Madine - 7 we really need a new version

Bib Fortuna - 10 leaps and bounds better than that POTF2 piece of garbage

bigbarada
10-24-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by AdmiralPiett
Big B, now that you mention that rebel commander looks like John Ratzenberger, I always thought that the White Bespin Guard looked like Rob Reiner when playing Mike Stivic in ALL IN THE FAMILY.
Piett

Yep, and the Imperial Commander looks like General Veers (or the actor that played him). The Endor Rebel Commando and Boushh Leia both look like someone I have seen in films. Especially the Boushh Leia face (it is not Carrie Fisher), she looks like an actress that was in a lot of 80s teen movies, IIRC. Maybe that girl who play Micheal J. Fox's mom in Back to the Future. I dunno, maybe I am just crazy.:crazed:

tagmac
10-24-2002, 06:21 PM
Cloud Car Pilot - 8
At-At Commander - 9
Hoth Luke - 10
Bespin Guard (black) - 6
4-LOM - 9
TIE Fighter Pilot - 9
C-3PO w/removable limbs - 9
R2-D2 w/ Sensorscope - 10
Zuckuss - 10

Jedi Luke - 9
Leia Boushh - 10
Nien Nunb - 8
Emperor's Royal Guard - 10
Ree Yees - 9
Weequay - 10
Lando Skiff Guard - 10
Chief Chirpa - 7
Klaatu - 10
Rebel Commando - 6
Biker Scout - 9
Gammorean Guard - 10
Logray - 10
Squid Head - 9
Admiral Ackbar - 9
General Madine - 6
Bib Fortuna - 9

Bel-Cam Jos
10-24-2002, 07:51 PM
Slow down! Slow down! Give us enough time to digest the list a line at a time. :rolleyes: We old geezers who actually remember the vintage line before the word "vintage" was mentioned can't keep up with the whipper-snappers!

Now, where'd I put my cane...? :confused: ;)

bigbarada
10-25-2002, 01:49 AM
Okay, I can slow down a little:)

Here're the last of the ROTJ carded figures:

Prune Face - 7

Klaatu Skiff Guard - 6

8D8 - 9

Nikto - 9

Wicket - 8

Rancor Keeper - 8

The Emperor - 9

Han Trenchcoat - 10 better than anything we've seen in the modern line

Teebo - 9

AT-ST Driver - 7

Leia Poncho - 10

B-Wing Pilot - 6

Paploo - 8

Lumat - 8

(remember Paploo and Lumat were initially offered on 79-back ROTJ cards, I have still yet to figure out why they are considered part of the "last 17" - which should actually be "last 15")

Just to put a lid on the ROTJ line of figures:
Sy Snootles - 10

Droopy McCool - 10

Max Rebo - 10 (I loved this set!)

Tomorrow, I will list the POTF figures and we will be all done here.:cool:

Bel-Cam Jos
10-26-2002, 11:41 AM
Bossk - 7 I liked all the mail-away figures, because I was almost always the first on my block to get them. Bossk looked cool (always wondered about the Rebel pilot-type uniform), but it's the lack of a decent gripping hand that dooms him. ;)

Lobot - 6 He was always in good shape because I hardly played with him.

Lando Calrissian - 7 Okay, nothing spectacular.

Leia Bespin Gown - 6 The legs where the gown was supposed to come down to the knees made her look goofy.

Han Hoth - 10 My favorite figure of all. Holster you could actually put the gun in (none of my friends' holsters had the strap undamaged, mine either). Forget the second non-gripping hand. I love(d) snow, and he was Han!

Luke Bespin - 10 Perhaps my second-favorite figure (and in the same wave, too!) TWO weapons?!? And Luke's awesome outfit. Plus, TWO gripping hands!

FX-7 - 6 Eh.

Dengar - 6 Eh.

Hoth Rebel Soldier - 9 Another versatile fig. I don't know why, but this one just always was a favorite of mine.

Hoth Rebel Commander - 7 See, now I didn't like this one as much.

Snowtrooper - 9 loved this figure, and the vinyl cape keeps it from being an 8. It was hardest to keep this cape from being lost/ripped.

2-1B - 8 Weirdest accessory made, but also cool. Two words twice "dirty water! dirty water!" (VERY inside joke).

Han Bespin - 9.9 I was/am a big Han Solo fan, so every Han figure is rated highly, but I deduct 0.1 for the brown pants. Yes, I know the movie had them brown, but not so tan colored. I drew on my SW Han's arms to make the Bespin jacket, before this figure was made.

IG-88 - 7 Two gripping hands, and two guns, but he was too tall to fit in most ships.

Imperial Commander - 8 Versatile, cool belt buckle.

AT-AT Driver - 7 I always made him a Stormtrooper captain. Shoulder strap rifle was great. My first carded ESB fig.

Hoth Leia - 6 Leia figures were poor in the pre-ROJ waves.

Ugnaught - 7 I love cloth accessories (was this the first one of ESB?). That case was odd.

Bespin Security Guard (white) - 8 Versatile, cool figure.

Yoda - 10 This was the crown jewel. I was the first to get him, and even the girls (ooh! icky! :sur: :p ) wanted to play with him. Great cloth jacket, cool cane. And it was Yoda. Yoda!

I love this wave. One of Kenner's finest.

tagmac
10-26-2002, 11:43 AM
Prune Face - 7
Klaatu Skiff Guard - 7
8D8 - 10
Nikto - 9
Wicket - 10
Rancor Keeper - 7
The Emperor - 10
Han Trenchcoat - 8
Teebo - 8
AT-ST Driver - 8
Leia Poncho - 10
B-Wing Pilot - 5
Paploo - 10
Lumat - 7
Sy Snootles - 10
Drropy McCool - 10
Max Rebo - 10

bigbarada
10-27-2002, 01:35 AM
Okay, just to finish this out, here are the last 15 figures from the line (I put "pass" on any figure I never owned) :

EV-9D9 - pass

Artoo with pop-up lightsaber - 4 just a lame gimmick when all I really wanted as a kid was an Artoo with a third leg. Plus the lightsaber looked more like a short, green baseball bat.

Han Carbonite - pass (although he look to be just Trenchcoat Han with a different torso)

Warok - 10 my favorite Ewok figure

Imperial Dignitary - 9 nice figure, but was pretty useless just by himself, plus no gripping hands:)

Romba - 8 awesome Ewok, but uses Teebo's arms, you can see the unpainted stripes sculpted into his arms

Barada - 7 nice figure, but a bit of a disappointment in the sculpting department and a strange amalgamation of Barada and Kithaba

Lando General - pass

Anakin Skywalker - 8 I really liked this figure as a kid

Luke Stormtrooper - 4 sorry, this figure is absolute crap in the sculpting department, even for 1985, if he was common I don't think he would be as popular as he is

Imperial Gunner - pass (is that the AT-ST Driver body with a new head?)

Luke Endor Poncho - pass (although I was really annoyed that he didn't have a removable helmet like Endor Leia)

A-Wing Pilot - 10 I just really like this figure

Amanaman - 10 the high point of sculpting for 1985 and still a great figure to own

Yak Face - pass:(

Well, that's about it. If anyone wants to do Droids and Ewoks figures then you are on your own.:)

jjreason
10-27-2002, 01:09 AM
Great googely moogely, you guys got the pedal down on this one. Im slow, so Ill start and get what I can done tonight.

ANH

Luke 10 (first ever figure, still got it - not exactly c10 these days!)
Darth 10
Chewie 10
Han 10 (small head - my brother broke it and I got the big head in replacement. Jimmy was not happy, I thought it was fake!)
Han Big Head - 8
Stormie - 10
Obi Wan - 9
Jawa Cloth - 9
Tusken - 7
Death Squad Commander - 7
R2 - 9 (click click! I got him standing on my birthday cake!!!)
C3PO - 7
Leia - 8

Luke X Wing - 9
Greedo - 9
Hammerhead - 10
Walrus Man - 8
Death Star Droid - 8
Dust Bin - 8
Snags - 8
R5 - 7

ESB

Boba Fett - 10
Bossk - 9
Hoth Rebel Trooper - 8
Han Hoth - 10
FX7 - 10
Lando - 8
Yoda - 9
Dengar - 7
IG 88 - 9
Leia Bespin - 8
Luke Bespin - 9
Lobot - 8
Zuckuss (4LOM) - 9
4LOM (Zuckuss) - 10
Leia Hoth - 9
Luke Hoth - 9
Hoth Rebel Commander - 8
ATAT Driver - 10
TIE Pilot - 10
ATAT Commander - 8
Twin Pod Cloud Car Pilot - 9
Ugnaught - 8
Han Bespin - 8
Bespin Guard - 7
Bespin Guard (BLK) - 8
Snowtrooper - 9
Imperial Commander - 8
21B - 9
R2 Scope - 9
C3PO - 8

ROJ

Lando Skiff - 9
Weequay - 8
Gammorean Guard - 10
Luke Jedi - 9 (the face detracts from this near perfect figure)
Leia Boussh - 9
Klaatu - 8
Biker Scout - 10
Ree Yees - 10
Squid Head - 10
Emperor's Royal Guard - 10
Chief Chirpa - 7
Logray - 8
Rebel Commando - 9
Emperor - 8
ATST Driver - 7
Han Endor - 10
Wicket - 7
Ackbar - 8
Teebo - 8

Edited this am:

I also had....

Nien Nunb - 7
Madine - 7
Bib Fortuna - 10+ (super high quality stuff used and great detail)
Luke Stormtrooper - 8 (I lost money on this stupid pc, ripped off by a consignment idiot)

The rest I have never owned, and have rarely if ever handled. Ranking them wouldn't be fair.

I don't really care to re rank variations on figs, the only variation I ever really recognized as a kid was Han's heads so I added a ranking for the change. I was po'd about that back in the day.

I misses me vintage figs!!!!! :cry:

tagmac
10-28-2002, 06:02 PM
EV-9D9 - pass
R2-D2 w/pop-up lightsaber - 9
Han Carbonite - 10
Warok - 6
Imperial Dignitary - pass
Romba - pass
Barada - 9
General Lando Calrissian - 7
Anakin Skywalker - 10
Luke Stormtrooper - 8
Imperial Gunner - pass
Luke Endor Poncho - 7
A-Wing Pilot - 10
Amanaman - 10
Yak Face - pass

Bel-Cam Jos
10-29-2002, 08:12 PM
ESB:
Cloud Car Pilot - 9 Despite the whithered hand gripping his chest (Quick! Call 9-1-1! CCP's having a heart attack!) Loved the outfit, and that gun was great.

AT-AT Commander - 7 Eh.

Luke Hoth - 7 Not bad, but not all that great either.

Bespin Guard (black) - 7 The first one didn't have that "Electric Slide" leg pose. Guards are cool, but he didn't do it for me.

Zuckuss - 8 (Zuckuss will always be a robot in MY world :p ) Pretty cool, in an odd sorta way.

TIE Fighter Pilot - 10 I always made him a Stormtrooper captain (kinda like Snowtrooper), with a trimmed Vader cape. Who cares it the head was molded to the body?

Threepio with Removable Limbs - 8 I didn't like how he ended up in his plastic backpack, but still great for the mid-80s.

Artoo with Sensorscope - 7 Eh.

4-LOM - 8 (4-LOM will always be an alien in MY world ;) ). Loved the glossy cloth cape, funky gun, neat backpack.