PDA

View Full Version : New Lightsabers??? BS!

Paul-Kenobi
10-19-2002, 08:07 PM
Hi fokes, dono if any of you remember me, but well i've been away thats why I havent been posting hear but anyway.

I was looking at the pictures on rebelscum, and i've been looking around and I havent seen anyone talking about the new ( fake if so ) lightsabers found at wall mart. But after looking at the pictures I say its BS why ?.

First off there was never a orange blade in the moive, why would hasbro put that in there?? plus the mace saber isnt the one he used in episode II, PLUS why is it we only see the box pictures why didnt we see the toy it self.

And another thing why didnt hasbro say anything about the lightsabers.

I know everyone knows about this why ? becuase everytime i do post something everyone knows so anyway your Opnions ?

PS wear is the Great Jar Jar ? i know he can clear this up :D

derek
10-19-2002, 08:28 PM
plus the mace saber isnt the one he used in episode II

that is mace's episode 1 saber. hasbro made this saber almost 2 years ago, with a device that allowed the blade to change colors, but never released it. they should of released it as a generic jedi saber and made a new episode 2 mace hilt.:)

derek
10-19-2002, 08:34 PM
First off there was never a orange blade in the moive, why would hasbro put that in there??

for the same reason they make batman and superman figures in desert camoflague and ice skating outfits.:) they are cheap and re-use stuff because they know kids won't notice or care.

here is the orange saber, just a repainted qui-gon hilt:

derek
10-19-2002, 08:35 PM
here is the green saber:

hango fett
10-19-2002, 09:13 PM
are these all still going to come out? i would like to buy them! and i know AOTC mace and yoda's sabers will be out in december...they all look good!
h

InsaneJediGirl
10-19-2002, 09:54 PM
I for one like them.Its better than seeing the standard red and blue(sometimes green).A nice change from the break of things,maybe a sign that E.U. is working into mainstream:D :D :evil: :evil: :evil:

Darth Sidious
10-19-2002, 10:12 PM
I like them, although my budget will not allow me to buy all of them. I'm still confused about the Mace one. Is that the one they are saying will be released later? I hope not. I love Mace's gold-plated saber handle. But this? It is nothing special.

Paul-Kenobi
10-19-2002, 10:20 PM
wait hold on a sec you mean to say the lightsabers....are real ?!

by the way is there a blue Blade included my anakin saber broke.

PS when are they comeing out if they are real.

hango fett
10-20-2002, 10:26 AM
i think around december...atleast that was when the mace/yoda electronics were due out. i will get the orange, mace, and yoda sabers. i could care less about the green one:rolleyes:
h

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-20-2002, 12:12 PM
I'll get Yoda's saber for sure, most likely if funds allow it. I just wish they could use a pic of Kit Fisto and his mighty grin on the box. I'd buy that saber just for the pic! :D

Turbowars
10-20-2002, 12:22 PM
From the photos, it doesn't look like BS to me

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-20-2002, 12:24 PM
I still need Luke's 97 saber, and Anakin's and Dooku's. I got Obi-Wan's saber back in 2000 when it was out for TPM, so I passed on the identical AOTC one. I got the figures first, and the other stuff comes next.
I want the orange one, it's cool. Even though they have Plo Koon and Coleman Trebor holding orange sabers when they have blue and green (yeah yeah yeah, in TPM Plo had yellowish but that's bull now). Mace's, I like, I might wait until they make the AOTC handle version (if they do). The green one is retarded, I got the Qui-Gon saber at TRU for three bucks or something (but the bulb burned out and I can't find a new one, maybe it's not so retarded after all). Oh well.

TheDarthVader
10-20-2002, 02:20 PM
I have an extra Mint in Mint box Anakin lightsaber (AOTC and electronic) for trade or sell if you want one. I can also ship a loose electronic saber wihtout the box. If you (or if anyone else is interested) email me at untyl@aol.com I also have an extra kenobi AOTC lightsaber.

By the way, I plan on buying all four when they do come out. I am really excited about the electronic yoda lightsaber. The mace one should also be pretty awesome.

LATE,

Brian

Jayspawn
10-20-2002, 03:59 PM
I think the new lightsabers look cool. I'm temped to get that orange one. And its about time the purple Mace lightsaber comes out.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-20-2002, 04:09 PM
TheDarthVader, thanks for the offer but I'll probably end up getting one in the stores - they're over-abundant. Thanks though!

Paul-Kenobi
10-21-2002, 05:25 PM
Well if they are releaseing them I will buy them i can tell you that for sure they are cool looking plus i need a green blade. I only need the top part of anakins saber from the hilt up the top of the blade just that part.

JediTricks
10-22-2002, 12:18 AM
Bah, I can't believe they're re-releasing that QGJ saber hilt, much less with a green blade on one of 'em. The button on that thing is SO easy to accidentally trigger when you don't want it to, and unreasonably bulky IMO. The new paint jobs look ok though.

I'm bummed the color-changing element of Mace's saber isn't seeing production, the design there looked so much cooler than these standard plastic blades.

Paul-Kenobi
10-25-2002, 12:47 AM
well i'm glad there are re releaseing Qui-Gon's hilt i need a new lightsaber

besides there still hope cuase the

BUILD YOUR OWN LIGHTSABER KIT is comeing out march 2003 along with the Hasbro Geonosisan fighter * see new post for futre detals even though you all may know aobut this*

LTBasker
10-25-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Bah, I can't believe they're re-releasing that QGJ saber hilt, much less with a green blade on one of 'em. The button on that thing is SO easy to accidentally trigger when you don't want it to, and unreasonably bulky IMO. The new paint jobs look ok though.

Actually theres quite a difference, they added stuff to the sculpt, even between the orange and green sabers they're the same mold but with different tooling, and the green saber has some retooling to it to make it look less like Qui's saber. Pretty nifty...

Paul-Kenobi
10-25-2002, 12:59 AM
indeed but i wish they would release the Kit Kisto Lightsaber that would kick add!

derek
10-26-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker

Actually theres quite a difference, they added stuff to the sculpt, even between the orange and green sabers they're the same mold but with different tooling, and the green saber has some retooling to it to make it look less like Qui's saber. Pretty nifty...

unless you can show me the difference i have to disagree. these are exactly like qui-gon's saber, just with different paint jobs. i'm looking at qui-gon's saber compaired to the two new hilts, and can see no differences, other than the paint jobs.