PDA

View Full Version : New Dallas/Fort Worth Area Finds!

JediCole
10-20-2002, 09:10 AM
Following up on a tip I received at last weekend's Dallas ComiCon, I found the deluxe 12" Jango Fett sets at the Suncoast Video in The Parks Mall in Arlington at $19.99 each! These guys are $10-$20 higher at Wal-Mart and K-B Toys! I'm glad I held out on this one.

Also I found Playskool Star Wars Sets (all of them) and one red and one yellow exclusive Clone Trooper 12" at K-B Toys. At one of the strip center K-B Toys Mrs. JediCole spotted a red Clone Trooper box with a Death Star Droid inside. The old switchout a common for a rare or exclusive practice is still going strong in this area it would seem!

Any 3.75" scale figures still remain ellusive in this area. No sign yet of the new Darth Maul, Amidalla, Clone Pilot, Ephant Mon, or any newbies. Anyone else having any luck?

JediBoulton
10-24-2002, 09:37 AM
Howdy Jedicole -- its me again! I found Maul, Amidala, Clone Pilot, Fett Pilot over at TRU off of I75 and Walnut yesterday. I got my two extra Clont troopers for my gunship. Also, TRU.COM has all the same figures -- including Watto, Lott Dodd, Tuskin Raider on site for $6.99. This might save some running around??

melmo1973
11-01-2002, 05:57 PM
IF YOU HAVENOT HIT YOUR LOCAL WALMARTS LATELY YOU MAY WANT TO . IN THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS I HAVE BEEN TO TWO DIFFERENT WALMARTS IN THE EAST TX. AREA AND HAVE COME ACCROSS THE NEW JANGO PILOT,CLONE PILOT,AMIDALA,ANAKIN, TUSKEN W/MASSIF,EPHANT MON,WATTO,AND LOTT DODD. BOTH STORES HAD REMOVED ALL THE OLDER PEG WARMERS SO THERES NOW ROOM FOR NEW STUFF. I ASSUME THE SAME GOES FOR DALLAS AREA .

melmo1973
11-06-2002, 10:24 AM
JUST WANTED TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW THAT I CAME ACROSS TWO ARENA PLAYSETS AT WALMART IN CANTON SO I'M SURE THEY HAVE HIT DALLAS AS WELL .

JediBoulton
11-26-2002, 03:08 PM
Dallas people ?!?! -- You guys are NOT reporting your finds!!
Guys -- I thought we were a TEAM. Target off of I75 and Haskell has got 12 GUNSHIPS in. They also have death star accessory pack, Hoth accessory pack, and Endor pack. NO NEW FIGURES !!
Have not seen a single EPHMONT MAN, YODA(new w/chair), DESTROYER DROID, Endor solider with no beard, Clone Pilots anywhere....

Still looking though -- how bout everyone else???!!!

keith koth
11-26-2002, 05:55 PM
I am still looking about 3 times a week...just nothing new to report.

The Target at Parker and IH75 has 2 Endor accessory sets but both are in damaged packaging, so I passed on them. Has anyone found the Target accessory sets in mint packaging? I do not think they exist :(

I went to several Walmarts in the Plano/Richardson area today, but no sign of the R2/3PO Holiday 2-pack.

I am thinking that after Thankstaking day we will see much of the new stuff that has eluded us thus far...at least I hope so!

As usual, I will continue to post as I find new items.

JediCole
11-27-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by JediBoulton
Dallas people ?!?! -- You guys are NOT reporting your finds!!
Guys -- I thought we were a TEAM.

JB,
I think the real problem at present is that there are no finds to report! Though I agree that this part of the country seems to have the least number of active reporters, like you I have found nothing worth speaking of in quite some time.

No sign of the R2/3PO Holiday Packs! No sign even that Hasbro has bothered to clear out the old stock at local Wal-Marts! Back on the weekend of the 25th Anniversary R2 I saw Lott Dodd, Clone Trooper Pilot, Tusken Raider, Watto, and even one or two of the variant Endor Rebel Soldier.

Still no sign of Ephant Mon anywhere! It seems that the DFW area is the stepchild of Hasbro. Or that there are too many employees on the take from scalpers at all of the stores around here!

Mrs. JediCole was waiting in the van while I was at the Wal-Mart at 183 in Irving last weekend and watched the employee unloading freight containers full of toys as he would pause to open and rifle through cases of toys from time to time (mostly wide, flat, Hot Wheels-style cases, but he did check out others). She finally decided to have a little fun and wandered over to get a closer look. The employee saw her and she told him that she just wanted to see what had come in! He immediatly got back to work stacking boxes on a pallet and really looked quite mad that he had to stop his treasure hunt.

keith koth
11-27-2002, 04:25 PM
Mesquite TRU (635 and Town East Blvd): 6 Endor Rebel Trooper without beard and tons of Lott Dod, Tusken w/ Massiff, Watto, Maul Sith Training, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Teemto Pagalies.

Garland Target (Centerville and 635) 2 each Endor and Deathstar accessory sets (mint packaging!)

Garland Hypermart (not sure of the intersection) had several (at least 5) Yellow Clonetroopers "Republic Gunship Pilot" figures.

I think we all should try to post more often...remember, just because you already have a certain item does not mean that everyone else out there has it too...so post all of your finds...even on semi-new items.

JediCole
12-02-2002, 06:26 PM
Wal-Mart in Granbury was well stocked with all of the latest figures (EXCEPT Ephant Mon of course) on Friday (after Thanksgiving). Plenty of Clone Trooper Pilots, Lott Dodds, Wattos, Padmes, etc. They even had one of those vinyl Mace Windu figurines!

I still seek Ephan Mon everywhere, but to no avail.

Adam
12-07-2002, 02:41 PM
I haven't posted here because I didn't know it existed! I have the old thread subscribed so I always look off of that.

Anyway, I haven't seen anything new lately, except an abundance of Padme Pilot. I'm STILL looking for Teemto and Ki-Adi as well. :(

JediBoulton
12-10-2002, 09:17 AM
Hey Guys -- good to see everyone again...Here are my finds:

Target at I75 and Haskell -- Republic Gunships, Endor Packs, Hoth Packs, Wattos, Lott Dodd, Micro Machines.

Target at I75 and Walnut -- Republic Gunships, Endor solider (no beard), Arena Playset, Jango Pilot (ton of these) 12" luke and tauntan, LEGO exclusive Naboo Fighter (will put this together tonight)

Wal-mart in Rockwall -- NOTHING -- Padme, and Orn Free Ta, No Holiday packs at all.

Wal-mart in Greenville Tx -- Nothing to report here also.

Ephont Man is the one we are all looking for.
Adam, If you need a Teemto -- I got one if you need him (Great Shape)!!

Adam
12-12-2002, 02:28 AM
Thanks, but I found him at the Toys r' Us in Plano, along with Ki-Adi-Mundi and Watto. :)

Today... er yesterday since its after 12, I saw one Arena Destroyer Droid (which I bought) and a couple of the new Yoda remolds (which I passed on) at the KB in Collin Creek. Still no Ephont Mon.

JediBoulton
12-13-2002, 11:52 AM
Has anyone seen any f the new LEGO sets tha have been reported? The AT-TE might be one I need to get now -- So I can modify my Gunship to pick the thing up.

Just don't expect me to put out anything like ACPIN does -- that guy is GREAT!!

Adam
12-14-2002, 02:03 AM
Saw another Droideka at KB at Collin Creek.. just one though, probably gone by now. The new yodas were also all gone.

JediCole
12-16-2002, 05:36 PM
The Boy Genius called me last night to inform me that he had found a couple of Droidikas in the Dallas area, most likely in Grand Prairie or Duncanville.

Adam
12-21-2002, 03:29 PM
I pulled the Trash Compactor Screen Scenes straight outta the case last night at the Wal-Mart at Park and Preston. I think there was six in the box (3 of each) so there was 4 more left. That was over 12 hours ago though, so they are probably gone by now.

JediBoulton
12-23-2002, 09:49 AM
UPDATE --

Rockwall Target had 2 Yoda' and 2 Destroyer Droids last night at 07:30. They expected more in Today after 12:00. Rockwall Wal-mart also had the new Lego Tie Bomber -- but I did not se anything else. Good Hunting!!

JediCole
12-28-2002, 07:55 PM
As I predicted, it was in fact after Christmas that I finally found the Holiday Edition Wal-Mart Exclusive set! Just today in Granbury I stumbled upon the set at last, almost missing it on the shelf. I figured that after Christmas the store in Texas would finally get on the stick and put these guys out. No Trash Compactor Sets there, however, nor anything else new except the new 12" Bounty Hunters assortment.

Adam
12-31-2002, 07:35 PM
I found the Holiday set.. in Louisiana.. found the Clonetrooper bike too! Haven't seen any of 'um here!

keith koth
01-10-2003, 10:05 AM
I found the trash compactor sets yesterday at the walmart in Frisco at HWY 121 & Ohio. I bought one of each. There were 7 left: 3 Han/Luke and 4 Leia/Chewie.

JediBoulton
01-22-2003, 09:08 AM
Rockwall and Greenville havethe new Tie Bombers in Stock. They also had some of the Clone Trooper w/Speeder bikes as well. Everyone is getting the new LEGO SETS -- still havent seen Ephont Man -- But I am starting to see alot more of destroyer droids and yoda's with chairs...

keith koth
01-27-2003, 06:45 PM
Wal*Mart at Spring Creek and 75 has Obi-Wan w/spear, Darth Tyranus, and Yoda w/chair. They had 3 of each at 5:20 pm today. I passed on them because the cards/bubbles were damaged...but if you open your figures and you need these then hurry over there.

Wal*Mart on Coit and 190 has 3 Tie Bombers in the new Saga packaging.

Adam
01-27-2003, 11:11 PM
Thanks keith koth! That's the second time you've helped me! :D I picked up Tyranus and Obi-Wan. I passed on Yoda, don't want that one.

Oh my god, does Obi-Wan suck! He has got to be one of the worst figures ever. Does Wal-Mart take returns on open figures?

Adam
02-02-2003, 11:46 PM
Well, Obi-Wan went back to Wal Mart the next day. He is that bad. :(

Anyway, today I saw 11 Tie Bombers at the Wal Mart in Mchinney, and 9 at the one in Plano (spring creek). In Mchinney they also had some screen scenes on the botton shelf. I'm going to kill myself trying to find Ephont Mon!

JediBoulton
02-11-2003, 11:41 AM
UPDATE !!--
Rockwall had the new Tusken Raider and Teebo. I have yet to find Ephont Man or any of the other new figures. Tie bombers are easy to find around here -- also, no Holiday Sets or Trash Compactor sets. Will keep looking...

skeksis
02-28-2003, 11:00 PM
Well anyone looking for Holiday Editions, get yer keysters down
to the WalMart off of Swisher road in Denton. They had at least 8 on the shelf. Found lots of tuskins and teebos at Vista Ridge KB. Um, lets see where else. The Target in Lewisville had the new (re carded) Death Star dude wave.. The Target in North Richland hills had the new Padme and Tuskin and had two yodas and one other new one i cant recall at the moment. Go now my children, claim these toys as your own. I release you....:D

JediCole
03-03-2003, 12:46 AM
Nothing in the DFW area to report per se, but I did just get back from Austin where I was set up at the Austin Collector's Expo. A guy across from me had Padme (Droid Factory), Ayla Secura, Lama Su, Tusken Raider (the latest), the Library Droids, and two or three other newer figures. Has anyone seen them in these parts yet? I've honestly not been shoping in a while so I have been missing out of late.

short4astormtrooper
03-03-2003, 09:49 AM
I found Aayla and company at Soopa target last week, but have not seen them since, although I did see evidence (The three new figures are 1 to case in this early assortment- if you see two library droids on the pegs it's a good bet they had Aayla)

Anyone seen the new Action Fleet in town yet? MUST...HAVE...THEM!

Adam
03-13-2003, 06:34 PM
Saw Dooku with his Speeder at Target in Allen today... There was only one and I did buy it so it may still be there..

keith koth
04-09-2003, 03:21 PM
What has happened to the Dallas area? Are we "dying on the vine"? There seems to be no new shipments of figures to any retailers around here. This is depressing!

Did anyone go to the sci-fi expo in Richardson last weekend?

I thought they moved the sci-fi expo from Plano so they could afford to lower the price of admission. I guess not! Who here thinks that $10 is too much to pay...just for the opportunity to purchase overpriced new figures? Heck, the newer figures are cheaper on ebay than at the sci-fi expo...especially when you figure in the price of admission.

I'll get off my soap box now.

Keep looking...new stuff is certain to show up in the area soon...I hope.

Adam
04-10-2003, 12:22 AM
Crap. I found the new Tusken last week and I totally forgot to mention it. Sorry. :(

It was at the Supa Target in west Plano, off Parker and the Tollway. There was one left when I got done with them, but it's probably gone by now.

JediBoulton
04-14-2003, 01:32 PM
I did not go to the SCI-Fi Expo. I am a fan of the Plano Centre and just dont know if I could go any other place. I wanted to see B.D.W -- but he up and cancelled -- so there was no real reason to go -- then one of the brothers jedi said that he could not be there -- so by this time I said forget it!! $10 is too much to spend to not even get tto see good people -- not to mention any SW Characters -- I hope the next ones will be better...

Adam
04-15-2003, 01:15 AM
I don't go because of the guests anymore. When Carrie Fischer was there, they had her curtained off and I didn't want to stand in line just to get some ink. I did see some of them fem Jedi's though. :) I go for the toys... mainly.

JediBoulton
04-15-2003, 09:21 AM
Oh Yea -- the toys are GREAT also -- its always a walk down memory lane. I have a nephew that is just getting into SW -- and it is a treat for him to see the characters and meet the people. He enjoys getting his picture taken with all of them and taking them to "show and tell". "I met Darth Maul and Jango Fett!" -- It is so cute! The toys will always be the # 1 reason to go -- but the actors are a great bonus to the day :)

JediBoulton
04-21-2003, 05:28 PM
JUst spotted the new Speeders in Rockwall Last Night. I left them there -- I was not too impressed -- though Anakins Swoop was VERY nice! I will get this when they go CHEEP!!

JediCole
04-24-2003, 05:22 PM
I have yet to find anything locally at all, except at the Dallas ComiCon of course! It was a shame about Billy Dee Williams cancellation, but he should be there (in Richardson again, not Plano) in July. I was lamenting that as I thought we were going to have to miss that show (our first since March 2002), but it looks like we will be there after all!

And I usually see Adam there, I don't recall seeing him at the last one though. But then it was pretty crowded.

Adam
04-25-2003, 03:11 AM
I really wanted to go, but I have been buying transformers like a booze hound with uh booze, so I didn't have any money. :D I'm going to try for July. I really wish I didn't have to wait until October for another Plano show. It's only like 10 min from where I live..

I haven't found anything new Star Wars related lately (hence the Transformers kick), but I have been seeing a lot of the 3po and Yoda deluxes at Target lately. They poped up like in August and then dissapeared. Now I see them all the time.

JediBoulton
04-28-2003, 11:21 AM
I saw the new Dooku, Obi with Spear, and Endor Commander ithout beard at Rockwall Wal-mart last night. Looks like we are still getting some figures -- its just taking FOREVER!!

dingodad
05-03-2003, 02:34 PM
hello, ive not been here for a while but i thought that i would offer my collection to you guys before i auction it off on ebay. i would really rather sell out right to local collectors than have to go thru listing all this stuff or setting up at a toyshow. i live in arlington so if any of you in the dfw area are interested, pm me a list of things that you are looking for. i have new and vintage star wars, gi joe, micronauts, and assorted other figure lines. thanks

Adam
05-04-2003, 06:52 PM
Hey dingo may I ask why you are selling your stuff now?

And what compromises your "assorted other figure lines" :)

dingodad
05-04-2003, 11:04 PM
a young lady has entered my life and has quikly become the center of my attention. i have not had a raise at work in 2 years and there is talk of more layoffs. if i need to move for either of these reasons, i dont want to be dragging this stuff along. my interest in toys has dwindelled a lot in the past 2 months so i feel the need to put this stuff in my past and move on.
batman, turtles, indiana jones, johnny west, universal monsters, lord of the rings. i figure that you were hoping that i would mention transformers...but the only transformer pieces that i have are two catologue booklets and a stabelizer fin for starscream. i might also have a silver missle left to one of the cars.

keith koth
05-09-2003, 02:36 PM
Not alot to report from the Richardson/Plano area, but as of an hour ago, I did see the following:

Toys R Us in Plano (Parker & 75) had:

Unleashed Slave Leia x 3
Unleashed Darth Vader x 3

I don't collect Unleashed, so when I left the store there was still 3 of each left.

Good luck and happy hunting!

keith koth
05-23-2003, 01:18 PM
Target in Plano (Northeast corner of Park and the Dallas North Tollway) had the Deluxe Super Battle Droid Builder x5 and the Deluxe Spider Droid x2 as of 11:30 this morning. I did not purchase any, so hurry over if you are interested in these.

keith koth
05-29-2003, 04:25 PM
The TRU at Park and 75 in Plano has 6 Imperial Forces 4-packs as of 2:00 this afternoon.

dingodad
05-30-2003, 01:02 AM
for those of you interrested, there is a new comics/action figure store going in @ the festival marketplace mall @303 and 360 in arlington.they are in the back wall of the building. i believe they open on the 31st.

Adam
05-31-2003, 12:28 AM
It's almost 6 months into the year, and I've only bought 2 figures, and only found 4 new ones. I'm in serious withdrawl here..

keith koth
06-18-2003, 04:32 PM
Hit your local Targets!

I've been to 3 Targets this afternoon...all of them had new figures!

Target on Park and the Dallas North Tollway had: 2 Barriss Offee figures and 1 Libary Droids(all had dented bubbles).

Target on Parker and 75 had: 1 Red Battle Droid, 2 Yoda and Chian, 2 Barriss Offee, 1 Imperial Officer (Blonde), 1 Lama Su w/ Clone Youth, 1 Padme Droid Factory Chase (all figures had minor bubble damage)

Target in Allen, TX just North of Plano on the south bound side of 75 (I think it is the McDermont exit)had: 2 Aayla Secura, 3 Barriss Offee, 1 Lama Su w/ Clone Youth, 1 Libary Droids, 1 Padme Droid Factory Chase, 1 Ashla and Jempa padawan 2-pack, 2 Yoda and Chian, 1 Red Battle Droid. (once again, minor bubble damage on all figures)

All figures were at their respective stores as of 3:00 pm today. Once again I had to pass on all figures :( because I collect Mint on Mint Card only

WOW I CAN"T BELIEVE IT...NEW STUFF IS ARRIVING ALL OVER THE PLANO AREA :)

Adam
06-18-2003, 05:08 PM
The only withdrawl now is from my bank account! *Heads to Target*

Well, I was able to get Yoda and Chian, Bariss, Aayla, and Padme. Jempa and Ashla were gone. :(

Ric Olie
06-21-2003, 06:02 PM
Hi I'am new to this boards so I want to say hi. I thought this would be a good place to start on the boards with my fellow Texans. As of today June 21 I have only seen 3 new 2003 SAGA figures at my local Wal-Marts.

They were Droid Factory Padme, Tusken Raider with Removable head and the Jedi Temple Droids.

I haven't been able to find a Deluxe Clone trooper with Speederbike for my Ginship. Or any of the new Jedi figures.

However I have been able to get some good mark downs like the Gunship, The Arena and Slave 1.

If I do find some new stuff I'll be glad to tell you. After I get the ones I want 1st. :D

Adam
06-22-2003, 02:15 PM
Good luck finding the speeder bike.. the only one I ever saw was the one that is currently on my shelf.. and I found it in Louisiana.

Ric Olie
07-06-2003, 12:26 AM
I looked at the Target in Tyler, TX and all they had were pilot Jangos and AOTC Destroyer Droids. :|

fishyfett
07-27-2003, 10:49 PM
I've been seeing more and more of the Red Battledroids in both Wal-mart and Target lately. Been passin' them off, too. Its the same one that's first issued as the tan droid. I will eventually buy one just for diversity. To date, I'm still looking for the Carkoon Fett, Hoth Gear Han, New Snowtrooper, Chewy Mynock, Throne Room Daddy and Son. Please keep me informed, guys. Anyone seen the Hailfire Droid yet?? When will it be out?? :cool:

Adam
07-28-2003, 02:24 AM
That entire case hit the Walmart on Springcreek and 75. I pulled Luke, Han, Vader, and Fett out of the case. That was the ONLY case of new figures, and there wasn't anything out on the pegs, so I really doubt they are still there.

Ric Olie
07-29-2003, 12:05 AM
Just found a bunch of new figures at my local Walmart down here in East Texas. They had Carkoon Boba Fett, Chewbacca Mynock Hunt, Flying R2, Hoth Rescue Han, Darth Vader and Luke Throne Room Duel. I didn't have enough to $$$ to get them all so I got Luke,Vader and Han.

I was glad to see them it had been 4 months since I saw anything new.

jonthejedi
07-29-2003, 05:45 AM
Just found a bunch of new figures at my local Walmart down here in East Texas. They had Carkoon Boba Fett, Chewbacca Mynock Hunt, Flying R2, Hoth Rescue Han, Darth Vader and Luke Throne Room Duel. I didn't have enough to $$$ to get them all so I got Luke,Vader and Han.

I was glad to see them it had been 4 months since I saw anything new.
Tough luck not finding the snowtrooper...somebody probably got to it before you.

fishyfett
07-30-2003, 02:14 AM
Hailfire Droid??? Anyone??? Any dates when will it be released???

Ric Olie
08-01-2003, 07:59 PM

I saw the Lego Hailfire Droid at the Target in Tyler, TX. They also had the Lego AT-AT.

fishyfett
08-02-2003, 12:46 AM
I saw the Lego Hailfire Droid at the Target in Tyler, TX. They also had the Lego AT-AT.Uh, thanks, Ric, but I was actually referring to the Clone Wars Hail Fire Droid that's part of the SW vehicle assortment, along w/ the repainted Jedi Fighter and reissued Attack Tank. Thanks anyway. :)

fishyfett
08-02-2003, 09:07 AM
Following up on a tip I received at last weekend's Dallas ComiCon, I found the deluxe 12" Jango Fett sets at the Suncoast Video in The Parks Mall in Arlington at $19.99 each! These guys are $10-$20 higher at Wal-Mart and K-B Toys! I'm glad I held out on this one.

Also I found Playskool Star Wars Sets (all of them) and one red and one yellow exclusive Clone Trooper 12" at K-B Toys. At one of the strip center K-B Toys Mrs. JediCole spotted a red Clone Trooper box with a Death Star Droid inside. The old switchout a common for a rare or exclusive practice is still going strong in this area it would seem!

Any 3.75" scale figures still remain ellusive in this area. No sign yet of the new Darth Maul, Amidalla, Clone Pilot, Ephant Mon, or any newbies. Anyone else having any luck? Jedicole, I've seen these figures (all except Ephant Mon) in KB stores at the Richardson SQ. and Collin Creek Malls. They're selling for $1.99 but I don't know how long it will be that cheap. If you don't have access to these malls, let me know if I can help you.

Ric Olie
08-02-2003, 01:31 PM
Uh, thanks, Ric, but I was actually referring to the Clone Wars Hail Fire Droid that's part of the SW vehicle assortment, along w/ the repainted Jedi Fighter and reissued Attack Tank. Thanks anyway. :)

Yes I knew you meant the Hasbro version. I wasn't sure if maybe you wanted a lego version too. A lot of times I have to settle for what I can find. I got the Lego version of the Trade Federation Tank becuase I could find the Hasbro version.

Ric Olie
08-02-2003, 01:33 PM
I got the Deluxe 12-inch Jango for $10.00 at Wal-Mart when they were marking toys down.

fishyfett
08-02-2003, 04:17 PM
Yes I knew you meant the Hasbro version. I wasn't sure if maybe you wanted a lego version too. A lot of times I have to settle for what I can find. I got the Lego version of the Trade Federation Tank becuase I could find the Hasbro version. OK, that's cool. 'Preciate the info. Now, here's what I found this morning at ToysRus, Plano @ Central 75:

Clone Army 3-packs. Picked the Jedi Knights and Clonetroopers. The figures looked like they're only articulated at the neck, shoulders and maybe, waist. Their legs are molded and preposed w/ out any joints. The Jedis looked cool, though. And the Clone 3-pack has the Blue Trooper in it. There were several of them left after I got mine. So, good luck to whoever finds them. :)

JediBoulton
08-04-2003, 12:14 PM

I was at Wal-mart in Rockwall Saturday Night and bought the new Hail-Fire Droid, the 4 new mini-sets and also the Space Shuttle.

These were NOT with the other legos -- they were on the top shelves in the process of being stocked. When I tried to scan them for price -- the scanned said see associate for information. I thought they were going to try to tell me I could not buy these yet. This was not the case though -- I was finally happy with a WAL-MART decision.

Just to mention -- the Space Shuttle LEGO is SWEET !!! It has moveable gear -- opening cargo doors and a removeable hubble telescope -- this is a great piece to sit on the desk.

fishyfett
08-04-2003, 02:06 PM
I was at Wal-mart in Rockwall Saturday Night and bought the new Hail-Fire Droid, the 4 new mini-sets and also the Space Shuttle.

These were NOT with the other legos -- they were on the top shelves in the process of being stocked. When I tried to scan them for price -- the scanned said see associate for information. I thought they were going to try to tell me I could not buy these yet. This was not the case though -- I was finally happy with a WAL-MART decision.

Just to mention -- the Space Shuttle LEGO is SWEET !!! It has moveable gear -- opening cargo doors and a removeable hubble telescope -- this is a great piece to sit on the desk. Hhmm.....I thought Wal-mart said they're only gonna carry the basic wave of Clone Wars figures?? Well, good for them if they'll stock the vehicles as well. And then some. Congrats on your find, JB, hope you enjoy that Hail Fire Droid. Let me know how cool it is.

JediBoulton
08-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Hhmm.....I thought Wal-mart said they're only gonna carry the basic wave of Clone Wars figures?? Well, good for them if they'll stock the vehicles as well. And then some. Congrats on your find, JB, hope you enjoy that Hail Fire Droid. Let me know how cool it is.

I'm sorry fishyfett -- the Hail-Fire I was refering to was the LEGO one -- not the HASBRO one. I have only seen the battle tank at Target -- but nothing else. I will be going to Target tonight -- I will post If I see anything worth mentioning.

But just to note -- the hailfire LEGO is GREAT -- alot of parts -- but it is great!! Looking for the AT-AT now---

fishyfett
08-04-2003, 02:18 PM
I'm sorry fishyfett -- the Hail-Fire I was refering to was the LEGO one -- not the HASBRO one. I have only seen the battle tank at Target -- but nothing else. I will be going to Target tonight -- I will post If I see anything worth mentioning.

But just to note -- the hailfire LEGO is GREAT -- alot of parts -- but it is great!! Looking for the AT-AT now--- NNNyyaaaarrggghhhh!!! You almost got me there!!! :D
But at any rate, have fun with it. How does the wheel mechanism work on the Hailfire Droid??? I'm just curious. Do they actually roll like in the movie?? Or some way different???

JediBoulton
08-04-2003, 02:34 PM
NNNyyaaaarrggghhhh!!! You almost got me there!!! :D
But at any rate, have fun with it. How does the wheel mechanism work on the Hailfire Droid??? I'm just curious. Do they actually roll like in the movie?? Or some way different???

The wheels are housed at the bottom and roll freely -- there is a notch in the wheel that allows the frame to actually sit within the wheel -- its really cool.

fishyfett
08-05-2003, 01:29 AM
The wheels are housed at the bottom and roll freely -- there is a notch in the wheel that allows the frame to actually sit within the wheel -- its really cool. I may have to go get me one just to see how it works. Sounds really fascinating. At least till the Hasbro droid comes out. Hhhmmm...I may even keep the Lego version for comparison. Thanks for the info, JB. :)

Ric Olie
08-13-2003, 03:42 PM
I found a Wat Tambor the other day at a Walmart I visit every now and then. It was the only new 2003 figure they had except for a Leia rehash.

fishyfett
08-14-2003, 02:04 AM
I just got me some new or somewhat new SW figs. The Carkoon Fett, new Hoth Han, new Hothtrooper, Mynock Chewie, and Throneroom Daddy and Son. I found these at Target in Richardson SQ Mall yesterday morning, around 10 a.m. Didn't expect to find them there. But, lo and behold, there they were. The cards are pretty decent, too. No heavy creases, dings or bubble dents. Score!! :D

JediBoulton
08-14-2003, 10:09 AM
I found Throneroom Vader and Luke at Walmart in Garland off I30 and Beltline rd. Yesterday. and to add -- it was the error Luke -- with the glove on the "left" hand. It looks like Dallas is starting to get a few new figures here....Ephant man -- WHERE ARE YOU?!?!

JediCole
08-14-2003, 03:01 PM
I found the Geonosian War Chamber Screen Scene set at the Target in Arlington this week! No Jedi Council unfortunatly. Bubba Fatt had told me he had seen one of each there last week but they were gone by the weekend. The bubble was somewhat crushed but since I am opening mine it did not matter. Soon Dooku will be on eBay as I don't like the new one any better than the first and I just don't do duplicate characters if there is no significant costume change.

Bubba Fatt has tried this in the past and hopefully we can try again now. Would the DFW area collectors like to start a club or collecting group? I think that there are a lot of us who never find what we are seeking and those who find things in abundance and leave the rest behind for others. If we could develop a coordinated network we might be able to help each other find thost illusive figures and vehicles. And if we played our cards right, we might be able to promote such a club at the Dallas ComiCons in Plano and Richardson. It worked for a fledgling comic reading club that started in June or July of this year.

Since Mrs. JediCole and I have sold at those shows for years, I can tell you that I am always amazed how few people who consider themselves serious Star Wars collectors read the toy magazines or visit this or other collecting sites. Most only know what is new when they see it at an outrageous price at a dealer table. and have no clue what is coming in the near future. Another aspect of such a group would be to give presentations at the local shows to help showcase some upcoming items and grow the group membership.

JediBoulton
08-14-2003, 03:45 PM
Count me in -- That would be great. I am moving to McKinney in two weeks. I will be able to get info on Rockwall (for a time being), Mckinney, Dallas (Target @ Cityplace and TRU at Walnut & I75 -- maybe also Zeus Comics if they continue to stock SW stuff), Plano (parts of), Greenville, and maybe Commerce Tx. I have met Mr. and Mrs. Jedi Cole at the conventions and they are almost ALWAYS there :) -- This would be a great oppertunity to get some things that we have not found and also communicate on the new things that are comming our way.

fishyfett
08-15-2003, 01:11 AM
Bubba Fatt has tried this in the past and hopefully we can try again now. Would the DFW area collectors like to start a club or collecting group? I think that there are a lot of us who never find what we are seeking and those who find things in abundance and leave the rest behind for others. If we could develop a coordinated network we might be able to help each other find thost illusive figures and vehicles. And if we played our cards right, we might be able to promote such a club at the Dallas ComiCons in Plano and Richardson. It worked for a fledgling comic reading club that started in June or July of this year. How well did it work in the past?? Did it last for awhile?? Or was it disbanded from the inside like the Bounty Hunters' Guild?? I'm all for this idea of having a collectors club here in DFW, but given the nature of most of us, we tend to stay to ourselves to keep others from getting the toys we want before we get it. I mean, most of us want to get the stuff first for us. Then after that, we're ready to share and help others out. I'm just being realistic and practical here. Having a club is cool if it will benefit all the members, but if its only gonna work during the time of plenty, then's its every collector for himself. Sorry if I'm a bit skeptical. I've been observing posts from different websites and I see how people collect. No one, I mean, NO ONE, will share a hard to find action figure to somebody else unless they already have it. Sometimes, they don't even want to do that. I've seen people keep all the hard to find items in doubles or triples.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I just want to point it out so that we can all see it 'in a certain point of view'. But if it will work, I wouldn't mind being a member. I would like to meet other fellow collectors out there. Perhaps share some pointers on how and what to collect. I've been doing this since 1994. Thanks for a great idea. :cool:

JediCole
08-25-2003, 01:31 AM
How well did it work in the past?? Did it last for awhile?? Or was it disbanded from the inside like the Bounty Hunters' Guild?? I'm all for this idea of having a collectors club here in DFW, but given the nature of most of us, we tend to stay to ourselves to keep others from getting the toys we want before we get it. I mean, most of us want to get the stuff first for us. Then after that, we're ready to share and help others out. I'm just being realistic and practical here. Having a club is cool if it will benefit all the members, but if its only gonna work during the time of plenty, then's its every collector for himself. Sorry if I'm a bit skeptical. I've been observing posts from different websites and I see how people collect. No one, I mean, NO ONE, will share a hard to find action figure to somebody else unless they already have it. Sometimes, they don't even want to do that. I've seen people keep all the hard to find items in doubles or triples.

Fishy makes some very valid points here, and no offense was taken, at least on my part.

Though part of the purpose of such a club might be to encourage cooperation amoung collectors in the search for hard to find Star Wars figures, ideally it would not be the sole purpose. But I will address that aspect first.

A prevailiing theme in the years that I have been on SSG is the cry for greater collector solidarity. I recall so many posts (not necessarily from anyone in the target area of this projected club) where people complained that no one ever helps out their fellow collectors. And yet when Dingodad (reffered to earlier by his former screenname, Bubba Fatt) tried to encourage the local collectors to rally behind the banner of cooperation, only myself and one other SSG member even bothered to reply! Of course that all goes back to fishyfett's concerns. And naturally none of us has unlimited disposable income to risk on finding something and holding it in hopes of prompt reimbursement, so that too is often an issue. However, there is a prevailant perception that SSG is the only way to inform your fellow collectors of what has been found locally. A club would serve the purpose of creating an email network of local collectors and a mass email could be sent to all by the individuals fortunate enough to find something locally. At least that way the information would reach other locals on a direct and more timely basis. At the very least that might provide someone out there a fighting chance at something they really wanted. And if you can swing the extra expense for a few days to a couple of weeks, you could feel justified in picking up an extra or two to provide to fellow club members at actual cost. But that is just part of the equasion.

The other purpose of the club, and I feel the most important function, would be to foster a sense of community amoungst local collectors. To allow all of us an opportunity to meet with those who share a passion for Star Wars in plastic form. To arrange trades whenver possible, and to help spread the word about things that SSG members know, but so many casual (and even loyal) collectors know nothing about. Things like upcoming releases, where to find exculisive figures, etc. I've honestly encounted an endless stream of people over the last few years who consider themselves collectors yet never pick up a toy magazine or visit a toy website for information on Star Wars figures and toys. And as a result they tend to marvel at things they never knew existed, or mistake genuine Star Wars figures for cleverly made customs or knock-offs. And though I do sell Star Wars toys (as part of a much more vast inventory of collectibles new and old), I always encourage people to be patient and not pay top dollar for the new stuff especially. In fact one of Dingodad's friends was eying the Imperial Forces TRU set at our store and I told him franky that he should exhaust the possibility of finding it at a TRU before he bought it from me at my meager mark up. And this was a collector who had no idea that this set even existed!

It is to that end that I want to promote this type of club. Especially given that, with the Dallas ComiCon we are blessed in the DFW area with about four to five comic and toy shows ever single year! And we even get Wizard World in our own back yard this year. And it is at the ComiCons that I most often encounter those collectors who would benefit most from such a group.

Hopefully this has shed some light on the whole concept. I am only too painfully aware that the greatest struggle such a group faces is consistancy. That the group does not disband almost as soon as it begins. But so what? At the worst we may all make a few new friends and keep in touch without the benefit of a structured club. At best we may become an important force in the local collecting community.

Who's with me? (Dingodad need not reply as I already know his answer.)

fishyfett
08-25-2003, 10:17 AM
Fishy makes some very valid points here, and no offense was taken, at least on my part.

Though part of the purpose of such a club might be to encourage cooperation amoung collectors in the search for hard to find Star Wars figures, ideally it would not be the sole purpose. But I will address that aspect first.

A prevailiing theme in the years that I have been on SSG is the cry for greater collector solidarity. I recall so many posts (not necessarily from anyone in the target area of this projected club) where people complained that no one ever helps out their fellow collectors. And yet when Dingodad (reffered to earlier by his former screenname, Bubba Fatt) tried to encourage the local collectors to rally behind the banner of cooperation, only myself and one other SSG member even bothered to reply! Of course that all goes back to fishyfett's concerns. And naturally none of us has unlimited disposable income to risk on finding something and holding it in hopes of prompt reimbursement, so that too is often an issue. However, there is a prevailant perception that SSG is the only way to inform your fellow collectors of what has been found locally. A club would serve the purpose of creating an email network of local collectors and a mass email could be sent to all by the individuals fortunate enough to find something locally. At least that way the information would reach other locals on a direct and more timely basis. At the very least that might provide someone out there a fighting chance at something they really wanted. And if you can swing the extra expense for a few days to a couple of weeks, you could feel justified in picking up an extra or two to provide to fellow club members at actual cost. But that is just part of the equasion.

The other purpose of the club, and I feel the most important function, would be to foster a sense of community amoungst local collectors. To allow all of us an opportunity to meet with those who share a passion for Star Wars in plastic form. To arrange trades whenver possible, and to help spread the word about things that SSG members know, but so many casual (and even loyal) collectors know nothing about. Things like upcoming releases, where to find exculisive figures, etc. I've honestly encounted an endless stream of people over the last few years who consider themselves collectors yet never pick up a toy magazine or visit a toy website for information on Star Wars figures and toys. And as a result they tend to marvel at things they never knew existed, or mistake genuine Star Wars figures for cleverly made customs or knock-offs. And though I do sell Star Wars toys (as part of a much more vast inventory of collectibles new and old), I always encourage people to be patient and not pay top dollar for the new stuff especially. In fact one of Dingodad's friends was eying the Imperial Forces TRU set at our store and I told him franky that he should exhaust the possibility of finding it at a TRU before he bought it from me at my meager mark up. And this was a collector who had no idea that this set even existed!

It is to that end that I want to promote this type of club. Especially given that, with the Dallas ComiCon we are blessed in the DFW area with about four to five comic and toy shows ever single year! And we even get Wizard World in our own back yard this year. And it is at the ComiCons that I most often encounter those collectors who would benefit most from such a group.

Hopefully this has shed some light on the whole concept. I am only too painfully aware that the greatest struggle such a group faces is consistancy. That the group does not disband almost as soon as it begins. But so what? At the worst we may all make a few new friends and keep in touch without the benefit of a structured club. At best we may become an important force in the local collecting community.

Who's with me? (Dingodad need not reply as I already know his answer.) I see your point of view, Cole, and I'm ready to join the Dark Side......er.....sorry...the club if it's gonna be a solid group of concerned fans. You can count me in. And speaking of finds, I just got the lone 'Blue' Carkoon Fett at Target in RSQ Mall. I love this blue variant, so I will return the green one back. If anyone wants a Carkoon Fett and don't care whether he's wearing a blue or green flightsuit, let me know. You can have it for retail price, plus tax. Otherwise, he's going back to Target. FYI- the green Fett is a running change. Hasbro won't be issuing the blue ones anymore. If you see a blue Carkoon Fett, grab him. Plus the color scheme looks better. Good luck. :)

JediBoulton
09-02-2003, 05:58 PM
Just thought i would let you all know -- check out www.scifiexpo.com

C-3P0 is comming to Dallas !! WOW -- Please check it out

Also Warwick Davis is comming also !!!

This is GREAT!!!

BRH0224
09-10-2003, 10:30 AM
Hey, I figured I'd check and see if any local guys had found the Clone Wars 2-packs, and I found this whole DFW thread! Right now I'm in Denton, and the Wal-Mart and Target seem to be getting the new/old stuff in. Han Hoth (blue), Chewie, Anakin with that cheap "robe", Carkoon Fett, and the treadmill Padme wave are here, so if you need any of those, I can try to grab them. The Target had a bunch of Rebel Troops and Imperial Officers, but I don't know what heads they had. Just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

fishyfett
09-12-2003, 08:21 PM
My fellow DFW collectors. I found 2 Clone 3-pack w/ greentrooper and 1 jedi 3-pack onbase (NAS/JRB, Ft. Worth) during my USAF Reserves tour there. I picked up the greentrooper and left the other 2.

If anyone of you DFW fans are still looking for either Jedi or Green clone 3-packs, please let me know. Since I don't see too many military folks collecting SW, those two might still be there when I come back Monday. They're $9.85 ea. And no sales tax!! So, let me know and we'll hook up together somewhere in Ft. Worth. Or if you live in the Dallas area, I can meet you here as well. Later. :cool:

BRH0224
09-12-2003, 08:59 PM
Thanks, but I'm good. I picked up a green and a jedi pack at TRU a few weeks ago. But thanks for the offer.

fishyfett
09-13-2003, 09:51 AM
.....Are out!!!!!! Snagged me one of each from Target at Rich. Sq. Mall. There's one of each left behind. Be forwarned, the boxes are flimsy, so be thankful if you get a mint, no-crease box.

Opened the Hailfire Droid, nice. A little small from what I expected, but clearly one of the best likeness in what vehicles Hasbro's made so far. The hoop wheels work just like in the movie. There are 8 firing missiles on top half and 8 non-firing at the bottom half of each launchers. 32 missiles altogether. A small gun attaches at the front of the machine. Comes w/ a booklet of short stories and catalog combined.
Same booklet is also w/ the Fighter. But I left this one unassembled. Too excited w/ the Droid. Will mess with this later. From what I can see, it looks like a long version of the EU Cloud Car, only shaped like a double dagger. The wingless pilot has a non-removable breathmask, with a tube that goes in a tiny hole on the cockpit dash. Oh, and the side panels of the bottom half fires 2 missiles, in addition to the middle launcher. It's pretty cool how the panels are concealed.
One note on the Droid's launcher. Some of the missiles might self-fire after some time, so if you're missing one, don't panic. Just look around the room because the Droid tried to shoot at something. :D
Good luck and good hunting.

fishyfett
09-13-2003, 09:45 PM
Found the second Saga Scenes this afternoon at Target in U.S.75 at Plano. Snagged 1 War Room #2 and 1 Jedi Council #2. Now I want the first ones to connect to these two. Left 1 of each behind as usual.

Without even opening the packs, I can tell these figures are well-made. However, looking closer, I noticed some subtleties in them.

Depa Billaba: Most disturbing clue I noticed is the similarity w/ Bespin Gown Leia's head. I don't know, maybe its the hair. But I swear, they could've used the same head sculpt for this figure.
Q-Tip Master: He's supposed to be in a bigger scale than this, but oh,well.
Yaddle: Looks like Yoda to me. No difference.
Argente Passel: With his crooked smirk and prominent nose, he Looks more like Han Solo than any of all the Solo figures. This one is Spinach Dipped Han alien.
Nute Gunray: Same EP1 figure, different headgear and cloak. Still a good figure.
Shu Mai: Looks like an Oriental appetizer...Ewwww......With some funny looking hooves, I hope she stands up pretty good. I love the gaudy colors, though.

We're starting get Clone Wars stuff more and more. And it looks like Target stores are stocking them frequently compared to Wal-mart or TRU. But surely, all the main stores will stock them all later on. Good luck hunting. :)

JediCole
09-14-2003, 12:33 AM
My fellow DFW collectors. I found 2 Clone 3-pack w/ greentrooper and 1 jedi 3-pack onbase (NAS/JRB, Ft. Worth) during my USAF Reserves tour there. I picked up the greentrooper and left the other 2.

If anyone of you DFW fans are still looking for either Jedi or Green clone 3-packs, please let me know. Since I don't see too many military folks collecting SW, those two might still be there when I come back Monday. They're $9.85 ea. And no sales tax!! So, let me know and we'll hook up together somewhere in Ft. Worth. Or if you live in the Dallas area, I can meet you here as well. Later. :cool:

I for one could use the three pack of troopers. I've not had any success finding much in the Arlington area. I'm planning to check out Target tomorrow though. They seem to be the best bet. I am still seeking many of the latest Saga figures from Ephant Mon forward so I'd appreciate any heads up. Also can't seem to find the Spider Droid anywhere. Glad to hear the Hailfiire is out though.

fishyfett
09-14-2003, 09:23 AM
I for one could use the three pack of troopers. I've not had any success finding much in the Arlington area. I'm planning to check out Target tomorrow though. They seem to be the best bet. I am still seeking many of the latest Saga figures from Ephant Mon forward so I'd appreciate any heads up. Also can't seem to find the Spider Droid anywhere. Glad to hear the Hailfiire is out though. Anyone else???? Like what other saga figures??? :cool:
The Spider Droid's been out for awhile in Targets. I guess people started buying them to army-build their Federation flotilla. But I swear, they sat on the shelves for a long time because most of them have ruined packagings and people tend to leave them alone that way. I'll keep watch for you on this one. :)

JediBoulton
09-15-2003, 12:00 PM
In Mckinney this weekend -- I found the following:

Anthony Daniels figure
Anakin Secret Ceremony
Jedi Councel #2
Jedi Droids 2 pack
Han Solo Hoth (still blue vest)
Chewbacca mynock
Dexters Bar maid ??

There were no ships of any kind -- not yet.

Still have not seen any of the clone troopers, jedi knights, or Clone Wars figures -- just a matter of time I guess...

Are we all going to the Dallas Comic Show on Oct 25-26??

JediCole
09-17-2003, 02:37 PM
At the Target on Eastchase Parkway (Arlington) I saw the Geonosian Pod ship and two Hailfire Droids. I picked up one of the HF Droids for my personal collection. It is a pretty cool piece when all put together!

Also found ONE Clone Wars Yoda Figure bonus pack (with Clone Trooper) at the Wal-Mart on the other side of I-30.

Mrs. JediCole and I will be at the Dallas ComiCon in Plano and Wizard World Texas in Arlington. Drop by and say hello!

Also, I'm still seeking almost all the other new figures from about Ephant Mon forward for my personal collecton! A special thanks to DingoDad for picking up a few of them for me.

Adam
09-17-2003, 05:02 PM
In Mckinney this weekend -- I found the following:...

Can you be a wee bit more specific as to where you got these? :D

fishyfett
09-24-2003, 11:44 AM
And I thought I'd have to order these online...

I found the second wave before I'd even seen these 2 sets. Of all the figures, Poggle the Lesser is the coolest one. He's very detailed and just about the right size. Looks just like him in the movie. Count Dooku, well, he's probably the same one in the AOTC card. At least he comes w/ a big sucker...... :D . San Hill, he's kinda small and too human-like to be an alien species. Not too imposing as Poggle.

Mace Windu's cool w/ the cloth robe. At least he looks comfortable sitting down. Finally a sitting Mace!!! Oppo, just like Yarael in the 2nd wave, looks too small compared to his movie version. Here's Hasbro's cost-cutting method at work. :greedy: Even Piell is just plain nice. Right scale and depiction, up to his scarred eye. Watch out, Yoda. There's meaner-looking short Jedi in town, and he's got a topknot!!!!! :D

All in all, these are nice sets. It gives us a chance to complete some of the memorable scenes in Episodes I and II. Give us some more please. :happy:

JediCole
09-25-2003, 03:09 PM
Fishyfett,
You had offered to get me one of those Clone Trooper sets but I was wondering how to get it from you. Naturally Mrs. JediCole and I will be at the Dallas ComiCon in October for the entire weekend. I could get them then if that is all right. I am also still seeking the second Geonosian War Room and both Jedi Council sets for my personal collection if anyone can get them for me or at least point me in their direction.
Thanks!

JediBoulton
09-25-2003, 03:57 PM
Fishyfett,
You had offered to get me one of those Clone Trooper sets but I was wondering how to get it from you. Naturally Mrs. JediCole and I will be at the Dallas ComiCon in October for the entire weekend. I could get them then if that is all right. I am also still seeking the second Geonosian War Room and both Jedi Council sets for my personal collection if anyone can get them for me or at least point me in their direction.
Thanks!

I believe my Target in Mckinney still had these set's. I have not seen the first sets at all -- but I have seend both #2 sets at Target.

fishyfett
09-26-2003, 01:31 AM
Fishyfett,
Thanks! JC, sorry, buddy, but when I came back onbase the following week, the Greentrooper 3-pack was gone. I thought you already forgot about it, that's why I didn't get to send you a message. Anyway, I was gone most of that week so I had no way of checking my e-mail. But I'm still keeping an eye out for you on that one. Only favor I ask is, if you already got one or don't need one anymore, please let me know. That way, I won't get stuck with it. Or I can offer it to someone else who might be interested. Thanks. :)
And those Saga Scenes, Target seems to be the only store where I found them regularly. The 2nd sets are more common than the first, but I'm sure we'll see more of those as well. Good luck hunting. And again, I'm sorry for not being able to get that 3pack for you. I'll make it up to you. ;)

JediCole
09-29-2003, 03:03 PM
JC, sorry, buddy, but when I came back onbase the following week, the Greentrooper 3-pack was gone. I thought you already forgot about it, that's why I didn't get to send you a message. Anyway, I was gone most of that week so I had no way of checking my e-mail. But I'm still keeping an eye out for you on that one. Only favor I ask is, if you already got one or don't need one anymore, please let me know. That way, I won't get stuck with it. Or I can offer it to someone else who might be interested. Thanks. :)

FF, Don't worry about it. I was only mildly interested in the Clone Trooper packs. The Screen Scenes are the ones I'm really after right now. And I would most assuredly let you know if I didn't need something, but usually I will take what people find for me if I need it or not, as I know many local collectors who are also seeking and usually have better luck than me in finding things. It is always nice when I can help them out for a change.

Thanks again!

JediCole
09-29-2003, 03:05 PM
I believe my Target in Mckinney still had these set's. I have not seen the first sets at all -- but I have seend both #2 sets at Target.

JB, Will you be attending the Dallas ComiCon? If you can come by the second sets for me I would be happy to mail a check to you and you could bring them to me at the show. This is of course if that is an agreeable arrangement for you also. And you can still find some. Let me know.

fishyfett
09-29-2003, 06:39 PM
FF, Don't worry about it. I was only mildly interested in the Clone Trooper packs. The Screen Scenes are the ones I'm really after right now. And I would most assuredly let you know if I didn't need something, but usually I will take what people find for me if I need it or not, as I know many local collectors who are also seeking and usually have better luck than me in finding things. It is always nice when I can help them out for a change.

Thanks again!OK, buddy. That's cool. BTW, the Saga Scenes are now popping up at Targets and lately, TRU. I just purchased a Count Dooku Speeder this morning when I saw the sets at TRU.

JediCole
09-30-2003, 12:41 AM
Well, DingoDad does it again. About 9 PM he called from a Target in Arlington where he found the final three Screen Scenes I needed. If anyone found them for me I will still take them as I know others who are seeking them. Just don't go seeking them out for me now. I am still seeking the Spider Droid, however!

JediCole
10-01-2003, 12:01 AM
The Bounty Hunters and Hoth TRU sets were both avaiilable at the TRU in Arlington on Cooper (saw them just tonight). They had morre Bounty Hunters than Hot sets, and one of the Hoth sets had already had its R3 droid pilfered! The same was true of an Imperial Forces set at the same location a month ago, the droid was stolen from one!

Also there, and I passed on them, was one Anakin Speeder and multiple Dooku Speeders!

JediBoulton
10-01-2003, 09:40 AM
McKinney has finally gotten the CLONE WAR Figures. They had Anakin, Yoda, and ARC Trooper -- none of the others.

I passed on these though -- I am slowly running out of space to keep all of this and I will propably have to cut back a little...

plus the wife was there... :cry:

JediCole
10-01-2003, 12:38 PM
McKinney has finally gotten the CLONE WAR Figures. They had Anakin, Yoda, and ARC Trooper -- none of the others.

I passed on these though -- I am slowly running out of space to keep all of this and I will propably have to cut back a little...

plus the wife was there... :cry:

Poor JB,
I probably shouldn't tell you this, but Mrs. JediCole was with me at TRU last night and insisted I pick up two of the Hoth sets when I was just going to get one to open. Sometimes I forget how fortunate I am in that regard.

fishyfett
10-12-2003, 01:23 AM
Found this morning in Wal-mart @N. Garland Rd. Saga Emperor and WA-7 Droid. Looks like Wal-mart is catching up w/ Target in restocking the new SW figures. Its only a matter of time when we find a bunch of Faytonnis and Durges on the shelves. Best of luck hunting. ;)

Adam
10-12-2003, 01:53 AM
Wal-Mart on 75 and Spring Creek had a bunch of Clone Wars Arc, Yoda, and Anakin. Didn't like any of them in person, so I got none. Haven't bought a Star Wars figure in awhile really, although most of my money still goes to Hasbro. :)

keith koth
10-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Found this morning in Wal-mart @N. Garland Rd. Saga Emperor and WA-7 Droid. Looks like Wal-mart is catching up w/ Target in restocking the new SW figures. Its only a matter of time when we find a bunch of Faytonnis and Durges on the shelves. Best of luck hunting. ;)

Were there any left, or did you buy the last ones?

fishyfett
10-12-2003, 02:39 PM
Were there any left, or did you buy the last ones?
Sorry, Mr. Koth, there were only one of each left, and their cards are slightly creased as well.

By the way, very clever avatar!!!!! Way to go.

fishyfett
10-19-2003, 12:33 AM
Yesterday, I found the orange and purple Clonetrooper 3-paks. Bought one of each and.........oh, wait, sorry, I was having one of those Skittles attacks.

Anyway, I found me a Fat Tony in uniform (a.k.a. Tony Daniels) in TRU at Walnut Hill and 75. Left another for the next fan. By the way, are there any other figures besides the Emperor and WA-7 that comes with this wave. Does this wave include the Ahmed Best Club figure???? Anyone??? :confused:

Wampa
10-19-2003, 10:08 AM
TRU in Lewisville has received the 12" Lando wave as of 10-18-03. Not many on the shelf though and what I found was hidden behind Dengars and Imperial officers.

JediCole
10-21-2003, 05:53 PM
Target at Eastchase Blvd. in Arlington had WA-7, Ashla & Jempa, the Library Droids, Aayla Secura, Secret Ceremony Amidala, and "Fat Tony" (only one of each, sorry guys). DingoDad was goodly enough to point out the Fat Tony figure he found hidden on a different endcap. My collection is nearly caught up again! For now...
I did find the WA-7 figure to be quite well made, I was not really expecting the wheel at the bottom to actually spin. Nor did I anticipate the range of motion in the arms!

JediBoulton
10-21-2003, 06:08 PM
Hey guys -- there is the show this weekend-- are we all going?? ALSO -- We need to score some 12" Plo Koon's!!

I have got some "extra figures" that I would like to git rid of if I could -- they are orange card, greencard, and a few POTJ figures. If anyone is interested -- let me know and I can send you a list.

I am also probably going to get rid of a vintage y-wing (shell only--no cockpit cover, no engines, nothing -- but in good shape and also Ewok playset --no rails, fire spits, or chair -- just trees, platform, and net -- thats it.

Hope to see you all there!!

JediCole
10-23-2003, 05:24 PM
Mrs. JediCole and I will be there (as always). JB, you might want to talk to DingoDad (he will be right next to us at the show) about your Ewok Village, he used to be amassing quite a few of them to make a mega set. Not sure if he's still trying that or not. Amen on the 12" Plo Koon, I'm still trying to find one for my personal collection. And my trade want list is posted in the Exibitor section of the Dallas ComiCon website, so if you are attending and may have what I need, please feel free to drop by and see if we can make a trade.
Oh, and I almost forgot! If anyone locally is planning to attend Wizard World Texas in November, our Mini Store in Arlington is going to be giving away a free Saturday pass ($20.00 value). We will hold a drawing on Sunday, November 9, 2003. You need not be present to win, but must fill out an entry at the store, we are not accepting entries at the show.

JediBoulton
10-23-2003, 05:31 PM
Mrs. JediCole and I will be there (as always). JB, you might want to talk to DingoDad (he will be right next to us at the show) about your Ewok Village, he used to be amassing quite a few of them to make a mega set. Not sure if he's still trying that or not. Amen on the 12" Plo Koon, I'm still trying to find one for my personal collection. And my trade want list is posted in the Exibitor section of the Dallas ComiCon website, so if you are attending and may have what I need, please feel free to drop by and see if we can make a trade.
Oh, and I almost forgot! If anyone locally is planning to attend Wizard World Texas in November, our Mini Store in Arlington is going to be giving away a free Saturday pass ($20.00 value). We will hold a drawing on Sunday, November 9, 2003. You need not be present to win, but must fill out an entry at the store, we are not accepting entries at the show.

can you send me a link -- i use scifiexpo.com -- the exibitor section just tells me how much it cost to be one :crazed:

thanks

fishyfett
10-24-2003, 12:57 PM
25 minutes ago, I just found the Value Packs and 3 packs in KB at Richardson SQ Mall. They have 2 of the Yellowtrooper and 2 of the Jedis 3-packs, 2 of Yoda/Yellowtrooper and 1 Ani/Bluetrooper VP. I had the pleasure of comparing both Yellow Clones and decided to buy the VP. VP Yellow Trooper has a better and brighter paintjob, just like in the movies. So, there you go. Good luck, my fellow bounty hunters. :D

JediCole
10-27-2003, 11:39 PM
can you send me a link -- i use scifiexpo.com -- the exibitor section just tells me how much it cost to be one :crazed:

thanks

Sorry JB, I was speaking of one site and thinking fo the other. The site with the list of retailers is Wizard World.

fishyfett
11-19-2003, 01:18 PM
Found Bail, Aay Vida and Dignitary # 1 @ TRU (Central & Walnut Hill), left 1 Bail And 1 Dig. Yes, they're here and its open season on the new figures. Get busy my fellow Bounty Hunters and let's keep this thread always on top of 'Just Found' posts. Good luck.

Watch "Attack of the Budgetbusters" coming soon to all toy stores near you. :D

fishyfett
12-01-2003, 12:41 AM
I know you guys are finding stuff out there, need to post your finds to keep our city on the top of threads..... :D

I found the Anakin Starfighter in both Targets at Richardson SQ and at Plano (Parker and U.S. 75). The TRU there had a lot of Red ARC's.....didn't buy either merchandise though. I'll wait till there's more......

Good luck, hunting...... ;)

Adam
12-09-2003, 09:27 PM
I found the new deluxes at the Walmart on Spring Creek and 75/Central Expressway. Wampa, Riieken, and 3po.

fishyfett
12-13-2003, 07:12 PM
I don't what is it with that Wal-Mart in Spring Creek at Plano. But, I found all the figures I've been looking for there today. Today!!! And I went there like around 3 p.m. Anyways, there were plenty of new SW figures for everyone who braved the cold and the crowd. Here's what I bought: Homestead Padme, Club Obi-Wan, Neal Sleazebag, Concept Trooper, New Clonetrooper, CW Kit Fisto and CW Saesee Tiin. Plus there are the Dignitaries 1 & 2, R3-PO, and other new Clone Wars stuff. Man, the only ones I didn't see are the Ultra figures. Just as well. I'm broke already anyway. I'll get those later. Time to start hunting, fellas. Good luck. :D

Adam
12-13-2003, 10:28 PM
I was there earlier today (like 2 am) and picked up a couple of SA Troopers, and the two CW Jedi. The SA Troopers rock!

fishyfett
12-14-2003, 07:26 PM
And speaking of Ultra Sets from my last post, I bought the last Rieekan figure in Wal-mart at Shiloh and 635. Now, I'm really broke, but happy as a clam. :)

Adam
12-14-2003, 09:00 PM
TRU in Plano has the Ultras.

JediCole
12-22-2003, 11:06 PM
At Target in Arlington I found all four Animated Clone Wars figures! I thought these would not be out until January! Also all three Ultras, R-3PO, Hoth Trooper, Hoth Luke, Imperial Dignitary #2 (I still need #1), and a few others that I already had and don't recall. Quite a contrast to the bare pegs at the TRU the night before! Target seems to be THE place to find things in my area (though I did manage to find Bail Organa at TRU the week before).

fishyfett
12-23-2003, 01:22 AM
At Target in Arlington I found all four Animated Clone Wars figures! I thought these would not be out until January! Also all three Ultras, R-3PO, Hoth Trooper, Hoth Luke, Imperial Dignitary #2 (I still need #1), and a few others that I already had and don't recall. Quite a contrast to the bare pegs at the TRU the night before! Target seems to be THE place to find things in my area (though I did manage to find Bail Organa at TRU the week before). JC, the Imperial Dignitary #1 (Janus Greejatus) comes with the Bail wave. Out here in Wal-mart @Bush Frwy and N. Garland Rd., its becoming slowly but surely a pegwarmer. It may take awhile, but I have a feeling that this and the other dignitary will be the next Lott Dod. If you need one, I wouldn't mind getting you one. But most likely, you'll find it sooner than you think. Good luck, buddy. :)

JediBoulton
12-29-2003, 11:45 AM
Been a while since I have posted -- but this is a good one:

McKinney Target -- Clone Wars "cartoon" figures -- Mace, Ben Kenobi, Anakin, and Asajj.

Imperial Dignatary # 2 -- Wide hat!
Achk Med Beq
Ayy Vida
Ben Kenobi -- Club version
Sleasbaggano -- death stick guy
Brown Vest Han Solo
Bail Organa
Padme -- Wedding
Padme -- Tatonnie
Clone Trooper Value pack -- white
Durdge W/bike
Clone trooper W/bike

Also -- All the legos I saw were 20% off -- you had to scan them -- because the whole isle said Clearence. The ATAT is $79. The Hailfire Droid is $31. The AT-TE is $41.
I did not see the new snowspeeder or the X-wing fighter.

I am waiting a few weeks for the 12" leia speeder bike to go down -- she is still $45. Last January -- I got Luke and Speeder bike for $19.50 -- I am hoping for the same deal.

fishyfett
12-29-2003, 04:40 PM
Yeah, its been pretty good hunting season lately. I found 3 Ultra Wampas in Wal-Mart @ I-90 and Garland Rd after I ignored it on 5 different occasions. This time I didn't resist the urge NOT to buy and got one that's the least damaged and the last obligatory Hoth Luke. All Ultras have some damaged on them, though. I held myself back too long to buy this one and I'm glad I did. Woo-hooo!!!!! Go Wampa!!!! :)

Wampa
01-03-2004, 04:27 PM
Today I saw 2-12" Landos, in skiff disguise, at the TRU at I-35 and Hebron. I left them alone so both should still be there. There were also multiple AT-ST drivers.

fishyfett
01-04-2004, 08:41 PM
Ok, for all you 12" inch colletors out there, I saw the new Yoda(with a seat), Jedi Luke, Teebo and Logray, Skiff Lando, AT-ST Pilot and Biker Scout figures. I don't collect this stuff, but IMO, the Biker Scout looks pretty cool. So don't miss out on that one. The place is TRU @Cherry Lane & 1-30W in Ft. Worth. Also, I found the Jedi 4-pack. Wasn't impressed at all.

I was going to buy the last Deluxe Durge they have there, but I accidentally dinged it as I tried to catch it. Oh well, there'll be another time. Then, I went to the Target nearby and Whoa!!!! They have Deluxe figures on clearance for $4.98. And yes, I found my Durge there. They also have the Biker Clone, Jedi Army, Yellow Clone 3-pack, and one more Durge. So, I took home the less ding-carded one. Durge w/ Speeder for $4.98 makes one happy SW fan. :D

fishyfett
01-16-2004, 09:56 AM
Found the new figures in Target @ Richardson Mall today. They have Jedi Luke, Drinking Tray R2 and R1-G4. I only bought R1. It doesn't look taller than it should be like in the movie. Perhaps the same height as FX-7 Droid. But nevertheless, a new figure. Now I want Sandcrawler.

Sandcrawler!!! Sandcrawler!!! Sandcrawler!!! Sandcraaaaaawwwwlllllllerrrrr!! :crazed:

fishyfett
02-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Uh, hey people, I know I'm not the only one finding new figures in our area.

I bought Rappertunie, J'Quille and Skiff Lando in Target @Towneast Blvd. Left one of each and 3 Holo Lukes.

Oh, yeah, I also found the brown jacket Hoth Rescue Hans. Passed on it.

So, they're out now. Begin the hunt, once again. :)

Ric Olie
02-15-2004, 02:40 PM
My local Walmart has new 2004 basic figures and Ultra figures in and I picked up the Wampa but now the same figures have been sitting there for 3 weeks and the pegs have not been restock. There were 2 hoth soldiers, 2 Ahmed Best Coruscant Bar Figures, 2 Jabba's Sail Barge R2s and 1 R-3PO and that trashcan droid from A New Hope. Then there's about 3 or 4 each of the Ultra Figures.

I wish my store would put some more figures out as there is plenty of room. I need to find a Hoth Luke to go with my Wampa.

I checked the Target in Tyler and besides the pricey animated Clone Wars figures they has 2 Hoth Soldiers and 2 R-3POs.

dingodad
02-22-2004, 09:20 PM
whilst in east texas this weekend i found jabba and denizens ultra sets @ longview sup.walmart, bar2d2 and the black tall cylendrical droid @ the gilmer walmart, dodana, rebel pilot, and antillys @ tyler walmart, and harmonica frog, one of the hairy creatures, holo luke, and skiff lando @ terrel walmart.i also saw the cloaked luke @ albertsons in longview. i also found the repackaged stormtrooper, 3po, and vader @ longview kmart.

Ric Olie
02-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Which Tyler Walmart did you go to, the Supercenter or one of the smaller Walmarts?

dingodad
02-23-2004, 06:43 PM
it was a smaller walmart. i actually found it while i was lost so i couldnt tell you where it was. i can tell you it was not the one next to the target.

JediCole
02-26-2004, 12:33 PM
Special thanks to Dingodad (a.k.a. Toymenator) for snagging me the Jabba's Denizens, R1-G4, and Bar2-D2. And possibly the "fat frog" Rappertunnie, though I'm not sure if one of those was mine or not. He was also goodly enough to grab an Unleashed Boba Fett for me at a Suncoast somewhere.

dingodad
03-01-2004, 05:42 PM
no jedi cole, the fat froggie was not for you. i want it back unless you opened it like a child.(inside joke). i have an extra jabba if anyone needs one. let me k'now.

JediCole
03-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Too late, Dingo! The fat froggie is free of his bonds!

Also, please feel free (those who frequent this particular thread) to check out my post in the "Collectors Clubs" section. Once again we would like to try to generate interest in a DFW Area collector's club. Especially since DingoDad and I can be found every weekend in pretty much the same spot in Arlington.

Ric Olie
03-07-2004, 01:53 PM
My local Walmart restocked the pegs with the same figures from before. So now there are 4 Hoth Troopers, 3 R1-G4s, 4 Imperial Dignitary Kren Blista Vanee, 1 Achk Med-Beq, 2 R-3POs, 2 Bar 2-D2s. I did get the Hoth Luke to go with my Wampa and there were another 2 Jabba's Palace Lukes that are gone now.

They still have about 6 Saga Jango Fett's (The one with the removable helmet from 2 years ago) and 3 Arena Padmes. This figures are still full price mixed in with the brand new figures. I always move them to the top pegs and rearange all the new figures to show how much empty space there is.

I don't know why my Walmart won't mark them down they have about 5 Arena Battle Plo Koons marked down to $3.00. The should move the Jangos and Padmes over with the Plo Koons and mark them down to a dollar each and I might buy them.

Ric Olie
03-07-2004, 01:55 PM
Too late, Dingo! The fat froggie is free of his bonds!

Also, please feel free (those who frequent this particular thread) to check out my post in the "Collectors Clubs" section. Once again we would like to try to generate interest in a DFW Area collector's club. Especially since DingoDad and I can be found every weekend in pretty much the same spot in Arlington.

I would love to particapate in a collectors club but alas I'm just to far,far away from Arlington.

fishyfett
03-11-2004, 08:37 AM
Yavin wave is out!! Got my set from walmart @bush/n.garland. BTW, only one Tanus left in the shelves. Good luck on your hunt. :)

Ric Olie
03-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Yavin wave is out!! Got my set from walmart @bush/n.garland. BTW, only one Tanus left in the shelves. Good luck on your hunt. :)

My local Walmart still has the same old figures.

4 Hoth Troopers
3 R1-G4s
4 Imperial Dignitary Kren Blista Vanee,
1 Achk Med-Beq
2 R-3POs,
1 Bar 2-D2.

4 General Rieekens
3 Wampas
3 C-3POs with Escape Pod

fishyfett
03-12-2004, 10:38 PM
My local Walmart still has the same old figures.

4 Hoth Troopers
3 R1-G4s
1 Achk Med-Beq
2 R-3POs,
1 Bar 2-D2.

4 General Rieekens
3 Wampas
3 C-3POs with Escape Pod Give it time, Ric. We've all been waiting. I've been this way since I saw the carded figures in the websites. So, it'll get there. You'll get yours when you least expect it.

Ric Olie
03-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Give it time, Ric. We've all been waiting. I've been this way since I saw the carded figures in the websites. So, it'll get there. You'll get yours when you least expect it.

Yeah when I don't have any money. lol

Actually is not that bad I just get bored seeing the same old stuff. Although it does make me mad that the Spider-Man 2 toys have taking over half the pegs and it doesn't come out for another 4 months. Just like with the Hulk toys last year they put them out in January a film that does come out for atleast 6 months. That takes up to much spave IMO.

JediBoulton
03-17-2004, 11:02 AM
Finally -- I was at the Target in McKinney and Found the Gold Leader, Captian Antillies, Tie Pilot, and General Dodonna. These figures look great! -- There were several Captian Antillies figures -- hopefully, he wont be as hard to find as McStormtrooper or Ephant Mon !!

Good Luck :D

Ric Olie
03-17-2004, 07:20 PM
Same old stuff at my local Walmart.

4 Hoth Troopers
3 R1-G4s
1 Achk Med-Beq
2 R-3POs,
1 Bar 2-D2.
4 General Rieekens
3 Wampas
3 C-3POs with Escape Pod

They did put out a bunch of new lightsabers.

Ric Olie
03-17-2004, 07:32 PM
Why can I not use a custom avatar anymore? The place where you can chose to use one has been taken away from my profile options.

Ric Olie
03-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Checked a Walmart I go to every so often and the newest figures they had were from the Bail Organa wave back from December. They still had the first wave of Power of the Jedi figures for 5.88!

fishyfett
03-24-2004, 12:55 PM
Anyone having luck with Tanus??? I noticed the other Yavin figures weren't that hard to find. :confused:

Ric Olie
03-24-2004, 04:33 PM
I haven't even seen the Yavin wave yet. My local Walmart hasn't sold a single Star Wars figure since the last time I checked. I did get the Mini Lego podracers and the Saga Plo Koon for a $1.00 each at my local Walmart. I also picked up the Deluxe Mace Windu from Dollar General for $2.00.

JangoFeet
05-01-2004, 05:11 PM
I just found the new Battle of Endor wave at the Watauga Super Target this morning. They had 3-4 of Lando, Madine and Han. They also got in more of the Star Destroyer wave. I ended up picking up Ozzel (the last one I needed from SD), and all three new figs from the Endor wave. Thank God I had to worked the early shift this morning!

sith_killer_99
05-01-2004, 06:06 PM
The SD and Endor figures are shipping in the same case assortment.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84715J

Ric Olie
05-02-2004, 03:36 PM
I still haven't seen anything new here in the East Texas area. Come May 17th it will be 3 months since I've seen a new figure.

Ric Olie
05-05-2004, 08:56 PM
I finally found new figures! :D AT the Nacogdoches Walmart I found the Yavin Wave and the Jabba's Palace Wave. I only needed 3 figures to fill up my wall so I got General Dodonna, Dutch Vander and Captain Antillies.

They had: (Counting the ones I got too)

2x Dutch Vander
2x General Dodonna
2x Captain Antillies
1x Tie Fighter
1x Tanus Spijek
1x Jabba's Palace Lando
1x Hologram Luke
1x Ultra Jabba Palace Alien 3 pack.

Over all a nice selection of figures.

keith koth
05-05-2004, 09:34 PM
I found the Ultra Ewok with attack glider today at Target in Plano at Park & 75. I got the only one they had, but at least we know that: (1) Target is still getting new stuff and (2) the Ewok with attack glider is starting to hit the shelves.

Ric Olie
05-18-2004, 07:00 PM
I found Jabba the Hutt at my local Walmart up here in East Texas. I also saw the Ewok and glider along with the Kamino Jango repack.

Adam
05-22-2004, 01:31 AM
I found the Ultra Ewok with attack glider today at Target in Plano at Park & 75. I got the only one they had, but at least we know that: (1) Target is still getting new stuff and (2) the Ewok with attack glider is starting to hit the shelves.

Saw that and Jabba at the same Target a few days ago.

Ric Olie
05-25-2004, 07:11 PM
I found a bunch of new figures at my local Walmart here in East Texas.They has the Endor and Star Destroyer wave. I picked up Generl Crix Madine, Admiral Ozzle and Bossk. They also had Han in the AT-ST uniform, Dengar, Jabba's Palace Lando and General Lando.

dingodad
06-14-2004, 04:37 PM
my local target (eastchase@I-30) has marked down delux figs to 6.95. there is nothing left but they were marked down. on a side note, is there anything that anyone is looking for in any action figure line? still want to get rid of my stuff. thanks

dingodad
07-08-2004, 08:52 PM
anyone going to the toyshow this weekend?

Veers
07-14-2004, 09:14 PM
I found a bunch of OTC figures at Wal Mart and Target. I still need that Crix Madine figure.

Adam
07-17-2004, 10:25 AM
TRU on 75 and Parker rd. in Plano has OTC Tie Fighters and X-Wings.

Adam
07-19-2004, 11:26 PM
The same TRU now has an empty peg for vintage figures, according to the label. It was empty today, so either they sold out or they haven't got them in yet.

Ric Olie
07-21-2004, 01:57 PM
The OTC toys haven't hit my area of East Texas yet. I did see the basic lightsabers with the OTC style logo.

Ric Olie
07-23-2004, 05:44 PM
My local Walmart put out the "Vintage" OTC Han, Leia and Obi-Wan figures. They're nice but I'm not paying $10.00 for an action figure. They also put out some Episode I figures. :ermm: They've had those figures for five years and they put them out now? :stupid:

JediBoulton
07-26-2004, 09:32 AM
I picked up the Falcon LEGO this weekend in Frisco (TRU) this Sunday -- it was interesting to put together -- and it looks great.

Adam
08-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Targets on 75 and Mcdermott (Allen) and 75 and Parker (Plano) both had VOTC figures except for Leia and Luke.

Adam
08-20-2004, 12:30 AM
Found VOTC Vader and Yoda at the TRU on 75 and Parker rd in Plano

JediBoulton
08-24-2004, 11:33 PM
Hey Guys -- it has been a while!! -- My Wife picked up the new 12" VOTC Stormtrooper for me tonight at the Stonebriar Super Target in Frisco. They also had the 12" Luke (4) but only one Stormtrooper -- had to get that one. He is GREAT looking -- the Packing is awsome and looks just like the origional back in 1978 -- WOW!

I am looking forward to getting all of the VOTC 3 3/4 figures -- I would love to make some type of special display to show these guys off.

I am going to San Antonio this weekend and try my luck down there!!

JediBoulton
09-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Went to 75 and Parker this weekend and got 12" Boba Fett OTC figure. They had several Luke's and Troopers -- but I had to nab the Fett Figure (This was the grey version). Also, I went to TRU near Stonebriar Mall and they had all kinds of VOTC figures:

Luke Skywalker
Han Solo
Ben Kenobi
Princess Leia
C-3P0
Darth Vader

Good Luck and Good Hunting...

AmanaMatt
09-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Hello, everybody - I am in the Lewisville area, and with reports now of the VOTC ROTJ hitting, just curious if anyone has scored these - if I see any, I will be happy to let all know (that are in the area).

Adam
09-22-2004, 02:31 PM
There's a TRU near Stonebriar!?

JediBoulton
09-26-2004, 01:02 PM
TRU at stonebriar is located in next to Ultimate Electronics -- where Preston road passes infront of the mall. They get some GREAT STUFF!!

Adam
09-26-2004, 07:09 PM
I've never actually been to stonebriar, what intersection is it located at? (Besides Preston I guess.)

AmanaMatt
09-30-2004, 01:25 PM
Anyone near the Flower Mound Target....?

If so, I stashed two VOTC Fetts for someone....I'll be online for a bit and will be back in a few hours....anyone near there, just PM - I am trying to help out fellow collectors, but am new to the area, so I really have no idea how close or spread out everyone is.

Matthew.

Ric Olie
10-13-2004, 12:59 PM
I have made any posts for awhile because my computer was broken for the last month and a half. During that time I've just bought a few basic OTC figures. Lobot, Cloud Car Pilot, Dagobah R2-D2. I also bought Dagobah Luke and Yoda which looks fantastic when you put them together.

The VOTC figures I been selling well in my area although I'm waiting till they are marked down before I buy any, if they last that long.

Ric Olie
11-02-2004, 04:17 PM
My local Walmart has really screwed up big time. The OTC figures were basically all sold out. Just one or two figures left. Today I go and I could see that all the pegs had been filled with new OTC figures unfortunately they are only 4 different figures.

12 Cloud City Liea
12 General Madine
12 General Landos
and 8 or 9 AT-ST Han

They're never going to sell all of those.

I did find find the Topps Heritage cards and bought 2 packs. I dare say this may very well be the best card set ever.

AmanaMatt
11-02-2004, 09:00 PM
The Target and TRU have been stocked with stuff here in Lewisville. I have seen tons of the ROTJ VOTC, ESB Slave I, and the silver Vader.

Ric Olie
12-08-2004, 04:09 PM
12 Cloud City Liea
12 General Madine
12 General Landos
and 8 or 9 AT-ST Han

They're never going to sell all of those.

One month later nearly all the figures are still there. They may have sold two or three but I didn't count as I was to disgusted to do so.

Ric Olie
12-24-2004, 05:01 PM
Two weeks my Walmarthad a dozen or so Galatic Heros pack, I got C-3PO and Chewy, and today the 3rd Wave of Clone Wars figures, I bought General Grievous.

AmanaMatt
01-06-2005, 12:39 PM
My local Target had the preview wave and the animated series wave 3 out for $6.99 (ouch) and my local Walmart had the Cantina wave ($5.85-ish)....they are out there now.

Ric Olie
01-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Not where I live. I haven't seen the RotS preview toys yet. If they don'y put them out by February 1st am going to have a talk with the manager.

JediBoulton
01-31-2005, 10:36 PM
PREVIEW SETS HAVE ARRIVED !!

McKinney Target has the new ROTS Preview Figures -- no Starfighter as of yet !!

From the looks of it -- the droid is the rare one of the bunch -- followed by skinny dude with the teeth .. hahaha.

GREVIOUS LOOKS SWEEEEET !!! -- has to have two of this -- my precious...

Ric Olie
02-01-2005, 08:40 PM
I had to check two Walmarts and and call two others but I finally found all four Preview figures. The Walmart pegs were nearly empty they only had one Grievous, two Tions, one R4 and four Wookiees. I was able to get the last collection of all four figures. I was planning to get an extra Grievous to open but I'll have to find him somewhere else.

The figures and the packaging look awesome but they are a bit hard lining them up on my wall with my other figures.

Didn't see Anakin's starfighter but I wasn't going to be able to buy it anyway so that's ok. I've just read that the Starfighter doesn't ship until Feb 8th.