PDA

View Full Version : Review of the Force Flipping Anakin

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-20-2002, 07:44 PM
Today at Target I picked up the Force Flipping Anakin Skywalker figure. Only one left, same for a Flying Geonosian that I didn't get (short on cash!). Here goes:

- Likeness: Following in the footsteps of the past, this doesn't look too much like Hayden Christensen. The face looks mad from some angles and just plain "stoopid" at others. Not the best, but not the worst. 3/5

- Sculpt/ Detail: Apart from the face, the figure is good. The outfit is sculpted in a way to make it look like it's kind of blowing in the wind (but not too extremely). The left arm is the same as Flipping Obi's. The painting is great, especially on the black parts. Also, his hair has been painted darker than the shots from Hasbro.com . 5/5

- Articulation: Standard for Force Flipping figure: Head, arms, right wrist, legs, waist. Nothing out of the ordinary here. 5/5

- Accessories: Anakin comes with a permanently attached saber, which looks pretty good, except it is his own blue one and not the hangar duel green one. He also comes with the base from Obi-Wan and Tyranus. Unfortunately, his was not redesigned for all three to connect together, but he can fight Tyranus or Obi-Wan (for Episode III fun :D ). 4/5

- Playability: Surprise surprise surprise. He does not flip. I'm sure he can, but it is not very easy to find his flipping position (same with Obi, but Tyranus works fine). 2/5

- Value: I suppose it is worth its price of $10, but because of the base. Without the base, it would be useless, but I didn't expect anything more for $10. 5/5

OVERALL: This figure is pretty cool, if you like the force flipping guys. I, for one, like them. However, if you're not a completist and don't like Obi-Wan or Dooku, go ahead and pass. 4/5

JEDIpartner
10-21-2002, 01:32 PM
The problem I experienced with this figure is that his legs aren't really apart wide enough for his feet to fit into the "sockets". This makes the flipping feature almost useless. The best I can get him to do is to, sort of, "hop" off the launcher. It's rather sad. Oh, well.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-21-2002, 05:05 PM
Actually, about an hour after I wrote this last night, he worked a few times. I got Obi-Wan to work a few times today, too. And just for the record, I noticed that Ani's arm really isn't Obi-Wan's arm, they're just both in the same goomery pose.

Chiesa
10-25-2002, 06:11 AM
Cool review. But I don't think it has changed my perception of the force flipping thing. I will still give it a pass...

Cheers
:D:D:D