PDA

View Full Version : KB exclusive ship+pilot is not a rip-off!

hurrikane
10-20-2002, 11:13 PM
I read that Thrawn called the set a rip off. The regular ship, and the ship with the figure are the same price. It's a free figure! It's actually really cool that i can actually see what i am buying. One time at a con,I got tricked into buying a Lost in space ship which suppodly lights up. Instead it was an empty box.. :(

Jayspawn
10-20-2002, 11:33 PM
Oh its a good deal. Too bad I bought them both individually before the KB set came out. Grrr!

Lord Tenebrous
10-21-2002, 12:11 AM
Everybody should know by now that this place is more fun when you stop taking Thrawn seriously. There's no receipt scan, the sticker shows a markdown of $21.99, and we're supposed to infer that buying it is good because it's going to be rare, I guess.

It's just one man's opinion. You're allowed to disagree with it.

Sinister Lord
10-21-2002, 03:05 AM
Actually, the "rip-off" at this point is the one without the figure. That one is still priced at 22 bucks at KB. They should reduce that one to 17 bucks, to make up for the lack of a figure. Then everything would be even. And those people who already purchased the Obi-Wan pilot separately would be getting as good a deal as the people who are buying the version that includes the figure.

cjranck
10-21-2002, 10:09 AM
I think this set is actually pretty cool. I am a non-opener, so the window box really gives this set a good look.

Patient Zero
10-21-2002, 10:30 AM
I believe that it was referred to as a 'rip-off' because harbro is attempting to sell collectors what they have already bought, but in a different box. I personally have not bought the ship or the figure because I don't really care for either of them.

Jargo
10-21-2002, 01:53 PM
The ship is nice but they shoved the figure in with it because it's a crap figure that wouldn't sell otherwise, it's such a waste of plastic! take the robe off and look at the arms to facilitate that crapola gimmick. The leg pose is ridiculous for a figure that's supoosed to be able to fit into a tiny cockpit space. the plastic skiert of his tunic doesn't bend enough so he won't sit right. The ship is alright and pretty good fun but that figure? forget it. I'd rather buy a Padme Amidala arena escape figure!!! :crazed:

187-Maul
10-21-2002, 03:39 PM
hey, I like that figure
he has enough articulation to hold his lightsaber in TWO hands and even in an attacking OR defensing (does that word exist) pose
the only problem is that he can't stand without a stand (:p ) and that the headpiece is kinda ennoying but overall he's a good figure IMO

Old Fossil
10-21-2002, 07:41 PM
Defending... oui, 187?

The JSP Obi is better than some figures, but not many. I like the Coruscant Chase version better.

JEDIpartner
10-21-2002, 07:50 PM
I kinda like the pilot figure than the CC figure... but that's 'cos I've got my "un-piloted" version. This figure is great for lashing up to the arena pillar.

Anyhow... back to the subject. I don't think that the ship/figure set is a rip-off. I just think that it was a little too little, a little too late. It would have been pretty cool if the initial release came this way with the figure packed on card for those who didn't want the ship. That's just MY opinion.

Jargo
10-22-2002, 05:15 AM
But then people would have to actually open the box to get the figure out and everything would be lost - oh my! :eek: the whole world would come crashing down around our ears if people had to actually deface the box to get the figure and that wouldn't do at all.... :rolleyes: nice idea though. I actually like the way they shove the figure that packs with a vehicle in a seperate little window so when you're looking at product in a store you can see the figure clearly. It's a royal pain to get the figure out of the box with all the twisty ties but what's new. Personally I'll only buy a second starfighter if they do the repackage with hyperdrive ring. Or if tyhey do that as a seperate piece that's electronic then I'll buy the starfighter without figure. I guess Hasbro over produced on the starfighter and anticipated more of an interest than there actually is for them to be churning it out again and again. Wish i had room for a fleet of them because it really is a nice looking ship. Just takes up a lot of room.

Beast
10-22-2002, 06:47 AM
It appears that the repackage with the hyperdrive ring is happening for sure, since Galactic Hunter posted the info from Action Figure Express. Not sure what the Clone Wars Hero Vehicle is, as the AT-TE isn't due yet, maybe it's the A-Wing just mis-named? I just posted the relevent info, you can see the rest at the link. :)

Star Wars Mid-Sized Vehicles $99.95: Case of four (4) may include Jedi Starfighter with Hyper Space Ring, Slave 1: The Empire Strikes Back, and/or The Clone Wars Hero Vehicle.

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=257&zoneid=2

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hurrikane
10-22-2002, 11:42 PM
I think 3 is a little too many repackages. If they actually make this next version cool, i will definatley get that one also.

Jargo
10-23-2002, 01:51 PM
I'm really looking forward to the new paint job on slave-1. Hero vehicle? Mid sized? What hero vehicle is there apart from maybe the royal yacht. it's small enough that when scaled to Hasbro sizes it'll fit two figures but be significantly smaller than the starship. That'd be hyper cool. A matching set. Doubtful though. Probably right about the a-wing.

Beast
10-23-2002, 02:00 PM
Yeah, but now the A-Wing is being confirmed as either a Wal-Mart or Target exclusive here in the states. So it wouldn't pack in with those two ships anyway. I don't know what it could be, especially mid-sized. And we don't have any rumors yet of the Queen's Yacht. I guess we'll know soon enough what it's supposed to be. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
10-23-2002, 02:08 PM
Then again there was quite a few Saga figures we didn't have rumors of, like Dexter Jettster.

Only other vehicle I can think of would be the walking Republic cannons but those were reasonably big. Best guess for the "Clone Wars" part is Padme's Yacht or maybe a Naboo Fighter rehash?

Beast
10-23-2002, 02:15 PM
A Naboo Starfighter reissue would be nice. I'd love to see them remove the electronics and chrome the underside of the ship. Maybe give it some battle damage as well, from the Naboo Barge explosion. They could pack Padme: Pilot in with it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Prince Xizor
10-23-2002, 02:19 PM
Yeah I would go for a Naboo fighter. Then I would actually have something for Typho to do.

Beast
10-23-2002, 02:28 PM
Speaking of Captain Typho, it's more likely that Hasbro would pack him in with the Naboo Fighter. Since he's a pegwarmer and Hasbro's about to get a ton of him shipped back to them. I would rather see them pack Padme: Pilot in with it. Either that or a retooled E1 Naboo Pilot w/ cloth coat. But it's much more likely that they would use a re-issued Naboo Starfighter as a chance to get rid of all those Typhos. Of course it's all moot until they actually do it. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Prince Xizor
10-23-2002, 02:38 PM
That makes sense. But I sure I hope it doesn't happen because there is no way I would ever want 2 Typho's.

A Naboo pilot with a cloth coat would be cool, as long as the cloth was quality, and the right color.

Jargo
10-23-2002, 03:56 PM
Blast apart naboo fighter! that's what I want. One ot those flip round panels with a big blast hole in it and half the front end exploding off. Dead simple to do that would be. basic trigger release. take the electronics out, use the space behind the droid for the trigger button. Give the insides a bit of the blast damage effect that they gave the exploding antenna that came with padme, all blackened and with little fiery flecks here and there. Don't want a pack in figure, just want a ship that has a cool play feature that's relevent. Oh and they can pack in one of the ladders with it and a clear stand. That would take the place of the pilot which are plentiful if you want them. It wouldn't be anything like as good as i want it though. Probably some lame half assed trigger flopping action where the front end just fell off really slow and the insides were just sad yellow plastic. There'd be no electronics, no missile firing mechanism and no pilot or accessories either. Just a lame re-issue probably without battle damage, just a repack of the same old same old.

But that's if it is that. I reckon it's misinformation to be honest. Sounds like they don't have a clue what it is they're actually buying to sell to us guys. Just a big box of - something star wars.... :rolleyes: great way to trade. Totally speculative. make the public pay for for stuff they don't even have pictures of. Really smart guys then. savvy business folk. Money for what? much of nothing right now. "could pack with fresh air and packing peanuts $67.99 big BARGAIN! you will not find this deal anywhere else on the web. very HTF. Limited stocks available. Order your vain hopes NOW!" :p

Lord Tenebrous
10-23-2002, 04:32 PM
The only thing besides the Naboo Yacht and the AT-TE Carrier that fits into Clone Wars mid-size is the SPHA-T. Which wouldn't be bad a bad choice if they made it more than a box to shove clones into...