PDA

View Full Version : Which character from Jabba's Palace do you want to see made next?

Tycho
10-21-2002, 03:14 PM
BEFORE YOU VOTE: click HERE and see all the Aliens' Pictures with their Names!!! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4277)

With the long awaited Ephont Mon in the next assortment of figures set to ship, it is time for this: the SSG Readers' Choice for the next Jabba's Palace Alien!

OK, there are more than 12 possibilities, but I tried to pick ones that would be very distinct and widely recognized.

I wish Hasbro would do at least 2 of these per year and we'd have them all before the interest in the movies wanes after Episode 3.

- and then possibly still more.

I'll also fit in my disclaimer for why all the various versions of skiff guard Weequays, Niktos, and Klatooinians are not shown in the poll. I decided to pick the Nikto that completes the Jabba's Palace figures that were released in the vintage days, and I also decided to go with the Weequay and the Klatooinian that complete the Max Rebo Band, as seen in the Special Edition.

-the tiny picture insert of Max on his keyboard indicates if a character in the poll is a band member - there were 12 total, including the back-up singers we got as a Jabba's Dancers Cinema Scene

If the figures of skiff guard races are popular or not popular, their actual members who ARE really skiff guards can appear in a later poll, when we could revisit Jabba's Aliens after we get some of these new creatures made for their first time.

But in any case, we'll get an idea of which choices the majority of you are interested in, and sort of how they rank.

Now choose which one you'd like to see the most, and vote!

Deoxyribonucleic
10-21-2002, 03:29 PM
Wow, that's a first...I'm the first one to vote :crazed:

I agree with Tycho, I sure wish they would make more of these guys a year, including other figs not made from the orginal trilogy instead of rehashing and rehashing and rehashing the same characters. I mean, they are making ANOTHER chewbacca already in the 2003 line?

My second and third picks would be Yarna dal Gargan and then Sergeant Doallyn

Rogue II
10-21-2002, 03:37 PM
This is a tough decision.

I eliminated Ishi-Tibb right away. He is a stupid character.

Some of the other band members would be nice, but...they aren't all that necessary.

BG-J38 isn't all that important or visible.

Elom....eh, pass.

J'Quille, Hermie Odle, and Woof would be nice, but I can wait a bit longer for these.

That leaves
3. Bubo
2. Sgt. Doallyn
1. Yarna

While I voted for Yarna, I still really want Sgt. Doallyn and Bubo pretty bad.

AmanaMatt
10-21-2002, 03:42 PM
For me, it is Hermie Odel and Bubo all the way. Bubo would be the size of a Massiff, so he could still be a great pack in, with articualtion in the legs, or mouth.

I'm a little suprised at the leader in this vote, but heck, if Hasbro were to make these as well as Epahnt Mon and Amananam, I say bring em all on at two a year!!!

Beast
10-21-2002, 03:52 PM
Bubo and Rappertunie would be pack-in figures with someone, so they really shouldn't be choices in the poll. They are to small to be on the card by themselves. Actually, isn't Bubo on the possible list this year as a pack in with a new Gamorrean Guard? :D

Gonna have to go with Yarna D'al Gargan w/ Rappertunie as a pack-in. That would complete the band, other then the 2 drummers. Second would be Hermi Odle, and then last would have to be Sergant Doallyn. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedi-cpa
10-21-2002, 04:05 PM
Ishii tib has already been done, as has the old klatuu. And forget the special edition characters until the old ones are done.

Pendo
10-21-2002, 04:28 PM
I vote for Yarna D'al Gargan, because a while back I had some sort of Gargan fettish going on :rolleyes::crazed::D. She is so cool :). Hey, how many 6-breasted dancers do you know ;)?

PENDO!

sicqnus
10-21-2002, 04:28 PM
BG-J38: the Roche B9 Worker Droid

I've always wanted this cool looking yellow dro´d to complete my Jabba's dro´ds collection.

All the musicians must be produced too.

Lord Tenebrous
10-21-2002, 04:47 PM
Tanus is my first choice, followed by Hermi and Yarna.

They could always do him up like MOTU's Grizzlor. Because we all know that kids love fuzzy evil toys, right?

187-Maul
10-21-2002, 04:50 PM
I voted for Hermi Odle cause he's just another big cool (and ugly) looking alien like ephant mon:D
2nd and 3rd would be Bubo and Sergeant Doallyn

OC47150
10-21-2002, 05:12 PM
Sergeant Doallyn, just because he's different.

Like others, I'd like to see Hasbro do more aliens.

Battle Droid
10-21-2002, 05:29 PM
Hermi, disgusting looking aliens are always cool.

JediTricks
10-21-2002, 09:28 PM
If it wasn't for Yarna, I wouldn't have voted at all since there's no "none of the above" choice. I'm just not a fan of Palace aliens, they seem more like set decor than characters to me - much moreso than the bulk of ANH's cantina characters (though in the SW Chronicles, there are definitely cantina aliens I had never noticed before and wouldn't want action figures of).

Turbowars
10-21-2002, 10:25 PM
Sorry for the post pad;), but I think we are getting BG-J38 Droid as a Star Tours figure, at least that's what I read here so don't vote for him!

Turbowars
10-21-2002, 10:28 PM
Het JJB, we finally agree on something! I voted for Yarna. Do you think Vic Secret has her size? HeHe! Second, I voted for Segeant.

jedihunter25
10-22-2002, 12:59 AM
Great Poll!!! But again it won't let me vote. Out of these I'd like to see Rappertunie (Shawda Ubb- according to the visual dictionary)
, Hermi Odle, Ak-rev, Yarna, and Woof become figs. I tried voting for Yarna. It was a hard vote overall- with me it came down to Woof and Yarna because these are vintage Kenner figs. Yarna was a prototype and the detailing was great! (Star Wars Action Figure Archive- page134)

Tycho
10-22-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Tanus is my first choice, followed by Hermi and Yarna.

They could always do him up like MOTU's Grizzlor. Because we all know that kids love fuzzy evil toys, right?

I voted for J'Quille the Whiphid as my first choice.

The fuzzy, evil figure thing got to me, plus J'Quille's big and SIZE DOES MATTER!

Meanwhile, to be honest, I'd really like to see ALL of these characters made. Yes, JediTricks, they ARE set decorations and I'd like to complete my construction of the Jabba's Palace set, and then decorate it with these figures.:D Many of us interested in these would.

I suppose if you collect other toy lines, it doesn't matter to you as much to have all the interesting back ground characters from the movies, such as the Cantina aliens in the SW chronicles, too. But if Star Wars is all you've got, let Hasbro run wild with these ideas and give them all to us.

The Ishi-Tibb figure that was made before was in the uniform of the Rebel Alliance, and not a thug from Jabba's. This chic-thug (yes it's a female Ishi-Tibb, like we could tell...:rolleyes: isn't easy to customize either, for the very simple reason that the Rebel Ishi-Tibb figure was always hard to find, and still is. It's not worth going on E-bay after if you want 15 of these guys for different scenes like Mos Espa, the Pod Race Arena, Jabba's Palace, the Pod Racer Hanger...(yes I can state 15 or more scenes...not that you care...)

Completing the Max Rebo Band, as well as completing all the aliens from Jabba's Palace, the Vintage collection, would be both cool, and feel right. The Woof figure, released in 1983 as "Klaatu" was never redone for the modern line. The skiffguard version, the real "Klaatu - but of the Green Nikto species" was in the modern 3 pack. There were two "Klaatu's" in the olden days. This one that we don't have, had the real-feel goat's fur wrap on him.

Sgt. Doallyn is cool, isn't he? Of all the more human-formed characters, the "tank-head" Doallyn has got to be the coolest!

The Elom is way under-rated. Perhaps not next to J'Quille for best furry alien, but still the Elom is cool!

Herme's a must-have. But he is similar to Ephont Mon in that he is another very large, robed, hooded, ugly-thing. Getting J'Quille first will offer an appearence of greater variety in the large size and then we'd better get to Herme. I love his blood-dripping mouth!

JARJARBINKS: As to Rappertunie and Bubo, they are proving to be quite popular on the poll in spite of being smaller figures. If Salacious Crumb wasn't already made, we'd be screaming for him. But look what we got: a static-posed Lizard-Monkey. You can't move Salacious and he's not articulated. With 2 sculpts he still needs a resculpt. How sad is that. At least the importance of Bubo and Rappertunie to some fans is demonstrated by this poll, and an articulated figure could be provided, versus what's only a prop. I mean, how do you pose Salacious if you want him to hang from (Vintage) Jabba's hooka? You can't. Our current little guy can't even sit down.

Contrast this with Kabe that came in the 2-pack with Muftak. That's the way to do Rappertunie or Bubo. Sure they'll get packed in. But they'll be worth it, this time!

In any case, Hasbro really can't go wrong making stuff from these choices. I hope they'll see this and at least go for the top 6 or so. Some of these guys are really close in this poll!

DarthBrandon
10-22-2002, 02:38 AM
I'd like to see them all made, but if I had a choice it would be Sergeant Doallyn, just because I like the look of him the best. IMO

Darth Tornado
10-22-2002, 10:14 AM
I am suprised that woof the green Klattu is so low. He was one of the original Return of the Jedi vintage figs so thats why I voted for him. He was one of my favorite figures from Return of the Jedi and I really really want them to make him:crazed:

Tycho
10-22-2002, 12:14 PM
This poll is much closer than was the Cantina Alien Choice Poll (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11347) we did earlier this year. I'm not sure what conclusions I could come to from the voting differences.

Darth_Billy_Jack
10-22-2002, 04:36 PM
i voted for woof. my all time fav. jabba cronie from the original line, not to mention a becent army builder fig.. my second choice is j'quille

corporal AMF
10-22-2002, 06:19 PM
My first choice is Herni Oddle.....he's ugly, he's big.......just like Aphant mon.......my second choices are J'quille and Elom.....big furry aliens like Muftak..............
those bog ugly aliens really look cool with other figures being smaller than then..........Of course yarna gets a 3rd choice because she's as big as dexter.......

Well, I believe Hasblah can't go wrong if they choose any of these figures.........Oh , BTW I'm expecting the rescuplts of Bib Fortuna and the Gamorrean Guard !

JediTricks
10-22-2002, 11:33 PM
jedihunter25, I added your vote manually.

Originally posted by Tycho
Yes, JediTricks, they ARE set decorations and I'd like to complete my construction of the Jabba's Palace set, and then decorate it with these figures.:D

I suppose if you collect other toy lines, it doesn't matter to you as much to have all the interesting back ground characters from the movies, such as the Cantina aliens in the SW chronicles, too. But if Star Wars is all you've got, let Hasbro run wild with these ideas and give them all to us.
If they're just set decor, why not take those pics you made up, print them, cut them out, and glue them to cardboard backing? It's cheaper and more accurate to the decor anyway. :D

You call these "background characters", but my point is I don't even consider them characters. The Tonnika sisters are background characters, Hem Dazon is a background character, Yarna d'al Gargan is a background character because they do something, they react to their surroundings and add to a presence of "real life", but many fans would ask what is Hermie Odle doing? Where is he in the film? Where is his face? Why is he a drooling sack of meat who just stands in one place? IMO, when Hasbro makes too many of these "who the heck is this guy" figures, it puts the already in-danger line of being killed a la the original POTF. Do you know how many Squid Heads were shelf-clogging in the mid-80s???

And as for the SE-characters, I didn't think one of them deserved to be in the film, so I don't think any of 'em should be immortalized in plastic. Bad enough we have a Joh Yowzah figure already IMO.

jedihunter25
10-23-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
jedihunter25, I added your vote manually.

THANKYOU

YodaBoba
10-23-2002, 08:21 AM
I would like to see all of them made. I'm tired of Hasbro making figures from the Cantina. I would like to see more from Jabba's Palace.

scruffziller
10-23-2002, 08:37 AM
I chose Rappertune because I have the whole Max Rebo band figs
except for him and Ak-Rev, not sure if their is anyone else that hasn't been made. But Rappertune because he is the most unique of the remaining Max Rebo's. Was Ak Rev actually part of the Max Rebo band though?

Beast
10-23-2002, 09:51 AM
Scruffziller, Ak-Rev and Umpass-Stay are the two thunder drum players that were added to the Special Edition. You can see them in the background during the "Jedi Rocks" song. According to the Decipher cards, they just play the drums for visiting musicians, but they are not actual members of the Max Rebo Band. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
10-23-2002, 01:53 PM
Here's the picture again so you can see everyone with their names by their picture! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=188319)

jjreason
10-23-2002, 04:15 PM
Sgt. Doallyn w a Bubo pack in .

:Pirate::cool:

Bryan Segal
10-24-2002, 12:48 AM
This syupid thing never lets me vote!!! I'd pick the worker droid, something new, something fresh!

Or a really well done Jabba would be nice!!!!!!!

Tycho
10-24-2002, 03:22 AM
I'll put your vote for the Worker Droid in manually, Bryan.

To all: I'm very much in favor of seeing Bubo and Rappertunie as pack-ins with larger figures or deluxe figures made out of Yarna (w. Rappertunie) and Sgt. Doallyn (w. Bubo - since they both guard the throne room door), but with the amount of votes they are getting (consistantly within the top 6 out of 12 choices) means that collectors take these characters seriously, and they should be articulated. If that means they come as Deluxe figures since there will be two fully molded and articulated creatures in each set, than let it happen.

Regardless of size, each figure is just as expensive to make. It's the molds that need to be cast out of metal or something to hold the plastic. Plastic and "saving plastic" is not a concern, nor does it really add to the cost. With articulated figures, every body part that has to move needs its own molded metal "crucible" so to speak, to shape the hot plastic into a hand or arm with a T-plug so it can rotate when the figure is assembled. That's why Teebo was not in a two-pack with a separate Ewok. It was Hasbro giving us a gift and being nervous of marketing Ewoks when we got a two pack. Note, the Ugnaughts and Jawas (in the two-pack) were never that articulate like a regular figure. They had salt-shaker legs. Heck, Yoda should come with either 2 legs that work independently of each other, or he ought to always include another figure or large accessory.

Oh, and if these are or are not CHARACTERS, such as if the Cantina characters DID something in the movie:

Sgt Doallyn rushed Boussh as "he" entered the throne room and you saw a pair of furry Wookiee hands toss the guy into a wall. That's more action than the Arcona had (by raising its head to look at Luke - and no matter how bad I want an Arcona). Doallyn actually had action that required he be played by a Stuntman. DUH....

Bubo speaks. "Wrrruffff- Wrrruffff" and "Uuurrp!" were his lines. That's more than Labrina the Devaronian said or did (he just gave the most awesome wicked smile, though! I love Devaronians). But Bubo has character and George Lucas actually wrote his lines without needing Johnathon Hales to help him script it. ;)

Herme Odel is clearly seen sort of laughing, blood dripping from his mouth, when Threepio says, "Oh my! There's Captain Solo - and he's still frozen in carbonite!" Dannik Jerikko barely had more motion than Herme did - Dannik just had a pipe and twice as much sophistication. But lacking it is still one way one has character - just not very good character ;)

The band members each played a role. I still prefer "Lapti Nek" as a song over "Jedi Rocks," but why they couldn't just play something by Nirvana is beyond me. I obviously don't share musical tastes with Jabba, but I don't eat frogs out of a snackquarium either. Of course, I wouldn't mind a beautiful girl with long dark hair wearing only a bikini being chained to me.... but I digress.

scruffziller
10-24-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Scruffziller, Ak-Rev and Umpass-Stay are the two thunder drum players that were added to the Special Edition. You can see them in the background during the "Jedi Rocks" song. According to the Decipher cards, they just play the drums for visiting musicians, but they are not actual members of the Max Rebo Band. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

cool that is what I thought.

allenj456
10-24-2002, 06:40 PM
umm i think were missing the bigger part of this- We need a decent Jabba first!!!!! however for the sake of the poll i voted for the frog-dog- course he could be a packin with Jabba since we have a recent Salacious Crumb (sp?).

Chiesa
10-25-2002, 03:31 PM
I just had to vote for Rappertune... Cool name isn't it? Rapper who has a tune to it's rapping! hahaha... Well I just thought that musicians of SW should be cool!! Like Max Reebo, Cantina BBand etc...

Cheers
Andy

OzOtter
10-25-2002, 04:39 PM
I went with the Whipid. He'd be a big, cool lookin' guy. But I would also like to have voted for Yarna and the drummers.

mahondo
10-28-2002, 01:19 AM
Ahhh...this is the stuff, I'm glad Doallyn is in the poll as he does play an important role as a Palace guard and a skiff guard,plus he survives being hurled by a wookie!
But for my vote I have chosen the Elom,as he(she?in some pictures he/she apppears to have breasts) is one I remember from alot of the promo posters from ROTJ as a kid and he looks quite original. J'Quille,Yarna and hermi all came close.Apparently Hermi Odle is Jabba's armourer and he also may have installlled the security systems in the Palace.
Also the Elom is referred to as Viggriev in the Star Wars galaxy guide no.9"Aliens' for the role playing game.It contains lots of info about our crazy alien friends. Bring on Jabba's minions!!

Plus of course Jabba himself,with Bubo!

bigbarada
10-28-2002, 03:42 AM
Hem Dazon is a character and Hermi Odle isn't?:rolleyes: Whatever. Dazon was just a floating head! The Tonnika sisters are legitimate cinematic characters and J'Quille and Ephant Mon aren't?:stupid: Again, whatever. Personally, I don't have any delusions about Jabba's aliens being legitimate characters any more than the Cantina aliens were. They're all just set decor, it's just a matter of opinion over who you like better. Jabba's cronies just look a million times cooler IMO, so I want figures of all of them.

Anyways, this poll was a tough choice. The characters I wanted most were Umpass, Wooof, J'Quille and Hermi Odle.

However, Umpass is an SE alien, and thus takes a lower priority. Besides, I want the next Klatooinian Hasbro makes to be Kithaba.

Wooof almost got my vote, but the vintage version was absolutely perfect and a new version would most likely just have a sculpted plastic loincloth, immediately making it inferior to the vintage version. And I want all-new, never before made aliens from Jabba's Palace, which brings us to....

J'Quille and Hermi Odle. I wrestled forever in my mind deciding on who I wanted, so I went with my foolproof method of picking a new action figure:

Just vote for the biggest hunk of plastic I can get my hands on.

Thus, Hermi Odle got my vote.:)

Jargo
10-28-2002, 04:09 PM
I voted for Yarna which is no surprise. My second vote would go to hermi Odle and my third to Rappertunie. If i had two more votes that is.

Jabba's Hit Man
10-29-2002, 04:06 PM
I didn't get to vote, but I would have voted for Hermi Odle. He's big (looks biger than Ephant Mon even) and is even more disgusting. I've always wanted them to make him. To me, he stands out more so than some of the others. Like everyone else, I would have liked to voted for all.

Second: I would have chosen J'Quille or Yarna
Third: (Not counting Bubo and Rappertunie, I consider them pack-ins too) It would be Sgt. Doallyn, and Tenus.

Tycho
10-29-2002, 05:57 PM
OK - Jabba's Hit Man, I'll manually put in a vote for Herme Odel for you.

I finally got Ephont Mon yesterday, and I'll say: He could easily be THE figure of the entire collection! What quality! He has articulation at:

both legs
the waist
his tail - yup - under his robe he has a tail!
His arms
His wrists (for vibroblade moves you were never expecting!)
His head turns!
And his mouth is poseable (so he can chew his food or drool)!

Of course his cane conceals a secret vibroblade (you attach from where it hangs on his hidden weapons belt).

If they did J'Quille (my top pick here), Herme Odel, and Yarna Dal Gargon like this - man would Jabba's Palace totally waste even the Cantina as the best figure source!

The difference: in the Cantina, everybody was about their own business. Greedo was no real threat to Han because he was stupid and Han was armed. Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan might have been tough, but they were no match for a Jedi like Obi-Wan and perhaps only Muftak, who is not prone to be a bad guy, surpasses Chewbacca for sheer, brute strength - though Chewie's got a pirate's honed fighting skills! In fact, Chewbacca was by far the most dangerous character in the cantina! The Sandtroopers did not dare mess with him!

But in Jabba's Palace: everyone was there to kill someone and make themselves wealthier or more powerful. Chewbacca was chained and unarmed. The Whipid, Chevin, and Elom were all bigger and stronger than he was anyway. Han was also unarmed and blind on top of it. Did I forget to mention that the galaxy's most dealiest Bounty Hunters Boba Fett, Bossk, and Dengar were all there? Leia was there, but chained and impotent at the moment. Lando had to maintain his disguise, so his weapons could hardly do any good without more allies to back him up. Finally, Luke had the Force, but he too was unarmed and his friends were in close quarters, surrounded by cut-throats versus when out on the skiff, Luke could keep them away and out of danger for the most part.

In short: JABBA'S PALACE RULES!!!

Yeah!

evenflow
11-02-2002, 01:43 PM
What is it going to take for Yarna to get produced. When will Hasbro finally listen?

Turbowars
11-02-2002, 01:55 PM
Well they did listen for a short while and gave us the MON! But hasbro needs to do more than that for me to think highly of them.

Tycho
11-03-2002, 04:30 AM
829 people have voted in this poll as I post right now. Hasbro is being shown it and can monitor who is popular here.

Obviously, it's no longer premature to say they should probably make:

Yarna dal Gargon (w. Rappertunie)
Herme Odel
Sgt. Doallyn (w. Bubo)
and J'Quille

This would encompass our Top 6! But the marketing work is done and the percentages out of almost a sample size of 1000 look good - for all these characters actually - or one character in particular would have much more than 20% of the vote.

It's a clear indication that there is interest in all the choices offered - but especially the ones named above.

They want to make money is their bottom line.

These figures will make them money as the fans (you) have spoken and said you wanted these figures made the most!

Let's hope they've thought things through the same way we did. Afterall, we're the customer and the customer is always right!

Tycho
07-07-2003, 06:58 PM
Bumping up, due to the relevance with the current poll for Screen Scenes. It'd be a good way to get some of these characters out!

InsaneJediGirl
07-08-2003, 04:48 PM
Hermi and Yarna would have my vote.Shame they havent made these figures yet!We have 10,000+ different verisons of Tatooine Luke but no Yarna?Its a crime ;)

bobafrett
07-09-2003, 01:06 AM
I sorta remember voting in this poll, but it's been so long that I haven't got a clue who I voted for. Darn short term memory.........What am I doing here again? Oh yes, it's time for my medication.

None of the names ring a bell.

Tycho
07-09-2003, 03:06 AM
There's a huge photo with all of the choices' pictures and names by their characters on the first post of the first page of this poll.

Yarna dal Gargan (Jabba's fat dancer) won, but there were 5 others who were really close:

Herme Odel
Bubo the frog-dog
J'Quille the Whipid
Rappertune (Max Rebo's frog)
Sgt. Doalyyn (tank-head guard)

I was surprised that Woof, a green Nikto originally released by Kenner as Klaatu, didn't do as well. He was a vintage figure they've never remade, and he should be done in the modern line. I suppose we have one Klaatu already in the skiff guards 3-pack, so as long as he gets done eventualy it's ok. I voted for J'Quille myself. I want a giant Whipid in my collection!

JediTricks
07-09-2003, 04:39 AM
I sorta remember voting in this poll, but it's been so long that I haven't got a clue who I voted for. Darn short term memory.........What am I doing here again? Oh yes, it's time for my medication.

None of the names ring a bell.
The one you voted for should have an asterisk next to your choice (between the saber blade bar and the percentage). According to this poll's current results, I voted for Yarna.

bobafrett
07-10-2003, 01:30 AM
Maybe I didn't vote on this poll then, because I see no Asterisk, and I notice that the poll is closed. I may have been thinking of the "next Cantina character" poll.

Tycho
10-31-2003, 05:36 PM
Looking at our list that we polled for, we might want to pat ourselves on our backs and say we did some good.

I sent the results of this poll to Hasbro's attention on several occasions, mentioning it in person, last time at Comic Con.

Looks like 1/3 of them got produced:

1) Rappertunie
2) J'Quille
3) Tanus Spijek
4) Bubo

The Top 6 in our poll were:

1) Yarna dal Gargon
2) Herme Odel
3) BUBO
4) J'QUILLE
5) Sgt. Doallyn (tie) (tank head guard that is knocked aside as Boussh enters)
5) RAPPERTUNIE (tie) (Max Rebo Band)

#7 was BG-J38
#8 was Woof the Nikto (know as Klaatu in the vintage collection)
#9 was Umpuss Stay (from the Max Rebo Band, the Klatoonian)

#10 was TANUS SPIJEK the ELOM

#11 was Ak Rev (from the Max Rebo Band, the Weequay)
#12 was Shasha Teil (female Ishi Tibb from Jabba's Palace)

I think all of these figures merit making even though the poor Ishi Tibb only got 14 votes out of 831.

But these are the creame of the crop from Jabba's Palace. Only new skiff guards, or a re-release of the old ones, could compete with most of these.

This is the way to do Jabba's Palace. Hasbro has got a great start!

Kidhuman
10-31-2003, 06:37 PM
Here's to the other 66.66% getting made as well.

Tycho
07-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Wow! Hasbro has done really good about listening to collectors here!

This year they have made half of our top 6:

Bubo the frog dog (Jabba's Denizens)
J'Quille the Whipid
Shadda'Ub, the Rappertune

Amongst the other 3 were our top 2 most-wanted, and the Most-Wanted-Figure Thread Winner: Yarna dal Gargon, as well as another of the Top 50 contenders from all the 5 movies: Herme Odel.

Tanus Spijek from almost the bottom of our Top 12 list here rounds out Hasbro producing 1/3 of the figures we voted on back in the day when we ran this poll.

Obviously Yarna dal Gargon and Herme Odel will be the new Jabba the Hutt priorities, along with Sgt. Doallyn.

But overall, Hasbro is doing very well this year with Jabba's Palace in spite of this being the Resculpt Collection for the most part this OT year.

I just realized now that I'm repeating myself almost word-for-word from what I posted last October. But who the heck would know what they wrote last year? At least I am consistant.

Tycho
08-07-2006, 11:08 PM
4 of these characters got made. Possibly up to 6 will be made (total) by the end of 2007.

Ak-Rev is rumored about.

It's interesting that even back then, Yarna was the most sought-after. I didn't remember that myself.

Herme Odle was the next most-wanted, as well. And he's also rumored, but he'll cost Hasbro more than Ak-Rev, so I'm not holding my breath though I want Herme far more than I want Yarna. (Big alien sculpts rock - look at Ephant!)

The next 3 characters ranked in order WERE made: Bubo, Rappertune, and J'Quille.

Sgt. Doaylln looks like he should be coming up next. IIRC, he ranked on the Top 50 Most-Wanted produced by the Scene-By-Scene poll thread I did as well.

The Droid and Woof seem to also be next in terms of value to all here.

However, lower on the list (because Hasbro made him share a mold with J'Quille) the Elom got produced (and it's a nice figure if you ask me).

Looks like Umpass-Stay was more in demand than Ak-Rev, but they just re-released the Klatooninan Barada, so maybe they want to go with a Weequay if that rumor (Ak-Rev) is true.

Now the Ishi Tibb, Shasa Teil is in the poll quite honestly, because I wanted her (someday) - but not more than the others (I probably voted for Woof or Herme Odel - didn't look and don't remember).

Anyway, Hasbro is making some progress here several years after we tried to show them what we wanted. I think this clearly indicates that they resisted Yarna and laying out the costs for Herme Odel for sure though.

I personally gave the Hasbro guys this poll and printed them a copy of the full-color pictures of the characters we offered.

Tycho
07-31-2008, 05:33 AM
We're down to only 4 being left to make here:

Shasha Teil (the Ishi Tibb)
BG-J38
Sgt. Doaylln (indicated by Hasbro to be coming in the next year or so)
Wooof (long over-due)

JediTricks
08-01-2008, 11:50 PM
I voted for Yarna, and my reasoning is damned good even 6 years later. That said, like the Cantina thread, I cannot believe how many of these I've bought.

Rappertune (accidentally), Herme Odel, Ak-Rev, Yarna dal Gargan, and Umpass-Stay. I only passed on J'Quille and Tanus.

Tycho
08-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Again, why would you pass on them? Tanus was a good figure. They shouldn't have re-used the mold for J'Quille, but rather made the Whipid much larger.

JediTricks
08-03-2008, 05:04 AM
I think both characters look stupid, very non-iconic, and they add nothing to the scene.

Tycho
08-03-2008, 07:18 PM
With the Jedi K'Kruhk's rising popularity in the EU, the Whipid has become VERY iconic to Star Wars for those who are following more of the material Star Wars has to offer.

K'Kruhk has appeared in everything from Jedi Council: Acts of War, through the Republic, Dark Times, and even Legacy Comics, as well as the Cartoon Network's Clone Wars cartoon. He might make an appearance in the new Clone Wars releases as well.

Thus I would not discount Whipids. They might be even longer living than Wookiees, too.

Now I don't have as much to say about the Elom.

I just must reiterrate that the Whipid figure should have been much larger in my opinion, though J'Quille has never been one of much significance.

Jaff
08-13-2008, 04:19 PM
BJ-J38 or Woof

Qui-Long Gone
08-14-2008, 03:16 PM
I wish this pole had Jabba....one with a dias and a more accurate eye sculpt....and a better Oola slave....

Tycho
08-14-2008, 03:49 PM
I wish this pole had Jabba....one with a dias and a more accurate eye sculpt....and a better Oola slave....

It was a poll for figures never made before - at the time when I designed it.

Now, only the Ishi Tibb Shasha Teil remains if the rumors on BG-J38 and Wooof prove true. That's pretty awesome!

But Hasbro knows we want Jabba and his throne dias - and a new Oola is on the same rumor list. So I hope you get all your wishes granted, Qui-Long Gone!

Qui-Long Gone
08-15-2008, 08:59 PM
So I hope you get all your wishes granted, Qui-Long Gone!

My first of three wishes would be to live in San Diego....

The second would be in a beach house....

And the third would be for it to be guarded by a Rancor....

Tycho
06-07-2010, 03:51 PM
There's only 2 left: Sgt. Doallyn and the Ishi Tibb, Shasha Teil !

It's awesome we got BG-J38 in the B.A.D.s and Wooof is coming out this year!

Slicker
06-07-2010, 03:59 PM
They need to make a 3-pack of the Bossk/Dengar/LynMe "encounter"...

El Chuxter
06-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Dude, only if they bring back the CommTech chips.

Tycho, how do you consider it "awesome" that they brought out such a highly-requested droid as a next-to-impossible to find store exclusive? Aside from a couple of repacks and that Bespin Guard who seems considerably more common than I expected, I've only seen the rest once... and not even all of them, either.

Tycho
06-07-2010, 04:16 PM
I got into cases of the EU wave - probably 12 or more considering what I brought home.

I wanted 8 each of the Solo twins. I should be offering extras at cost once my most-local collecting group is happy. I'm just waiting to hear from one.

If he's set, I'll talk to you before I return any.

El Chuxter
06-07-2010, 10:17 PM
I found most of them. The only one I never saw is the Spacetrooper. Since his part was in Utris M'toc as well, and I have the 1999 version (which is inferior, but still...), I'm not going to lose sleep if I can't find him. I'm still hunting, but I'm not paying more than retail for him.

Tycho
04-09-2014, 03:02 AM
Shasha Teil the Ishi Tibb Is the only figure remaining That they have made from our poll yet