PDA

View Full Version : Battle Droid (Red) Info and Picture!!

Beast
10-22-2002, 06:56 AM
Rebelscum posted a picture of the new Battle Droid (Red) that should be showing up sometime later this year. They actually changed the picture on the front of the packaging, instead of leaving it the same. Sadly the figure appears to be the same mold, but atleast it's finally the right color!! :cool: :D

New Red Battle Droid Carded
Dave: Click the thumbnail above to check out the new packaging for the now correctly colored Battle Droid. Unlike images posted in late May, this figure does not share the same packaging as the previously release white Battle Droid and comes with Force lighting. Thanks to Rebelscum reader Andy for the scan.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
10-22-2002, 07:39 AM
Hopefully the plastic in these things won't be as susceptible to bending like its brothers from earlier in the year. I've had some ankles go bung on mine. Pieces of poo they are!

Anyhow... I'm glad that Hasblah is at least TRYING to find a way to get the problem solved.

JangoFart
10-22-2002, 09:45 AM
Well, that's great to see. Good for you army builders out there.

This makes me wonder what that red battle droid on eBay 6 months ago is worth now. (If anyone remembers, there was a salesman sample red BD on eBay a while ago which went for about $200.00. I'm sure it's nowhere near that value, but if you build it they will come.)

J

LTBasker
10-22-2002, 10:26 AM
Actually sometimes salesmen samples are usually a little different from the final product, so if you're into that kind of stuff and could afford it, that $200 is about going price for alot of salesmen samples.

I'm suprised they actually changed the picture on the card unlike they did for the POTJ Biker Scout, on earlier carded pictures that were posted of the Red BD they hadn't changed it, I guess they were still working on it. Hopefully these will show up soon, though before that anyone who needs'em should grab the Cream BD's for Episode I dioramas. (Gungans vs. BDs and Naboo Palace dioramas come to mind)

Beast
10-22-2002, 10:29 AM
Yeah, the Salesman's Samples of the TIE Bomber and Crashed Snowspeeder that Steve bought and re-sold were somewhat different then the final version of those 2 ships. So yeah, $200 for that Salesman Sample was a great investment to whoever bought it. I wouldn't pay that much myself, but it's definatly worth what he paid. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Prince Xizor
10-22-2002, 12:12 PM
I wonder why this didn't already come out....

But anyway, its nice to see that it is coming soon. Although I think they will be pegwarmers like the other Saga Droids, I will sure pick up a bunch. (And will have to order a bunch more stands... I can't get the damn things to stand up for the life of me.)

Jargo
10-22-2002, 01:52 PM
good news. hope there's plenty of them to go round since i plan on buying a stack. Reckon this will be in the destroyer droid assortment?

Chiesa
10-22-2002, 02:06 PM
I think the red droid looks really really neat!! :) Can't wait to get my hands on em! :)

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D

Beast
10-22-2002, 02:08 PM
I don't think so Jargo. The Destroyer Droid is Collection 1, and the Battle Droid is in Collection 2. It will probably be in a later case after the current Ephant Mon one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
10-22-2002, 02:45 PM
Sorry, things get confusing cuz we don't get cases the same as you. slightly different numbers of figures per case and wotnot. Like we're only just getting Shaak Ti and millions upon millions of count Dookus are turning up. TRU is stocking up with all the older stuff hoping the kids will go for it in the half semester holiday week before Halloween. They must be saving the newer stuff for the silver R2 promotion week. just a couple more weeks to go..... :)

As far as I can tell we have the following still to come:
25th anniversary R2-D2 promo
Endor rebel soldier head variant
Red Battle droid arena battle
Destroyer droid
Deluxe geonosian
Deluxe clonetrooper
Deluxe Anakin (hyperactivity disorder action)
Geonosis arena playset
Republic gunship
Imperial forces 4-pack
Green A-wing fighter w/ pilot

Jango pilot, Ephant, clonetrooper pilot, Tusken w/ Massif are out now but in small numbers. Is there anything I missed?

Beast
10-22-2002, 03:05 PM
The only other things I'm hearing that are supposed to be part of this years stuff, is the following. Yoda: Jedi Council Member (E1 repaint) is supposed to be shipping in the Destroyer Droid case.

And then rumors suggest that we'll see the repackaged Eeth Koth, Teebo, Imperial Officer (new head), and Rebel Fleet Trooper (new head), before the end of the year.

Oh, and I almost forgot about the 3rd wave of Star Tours, the 2nd wave of Cantina Packs, and the Wal-Mart Holiday C-3PO & R2-D2 2-pack. So there is a few things left for this year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
10-22-2002, 03:14 PM
the only thing that bothers me is that the blaster is still blue

Jargo
10-22-2002, 03:16 PM
possibly not. the private universe posted this the other day:

Hasbro's New Year Offerings
Pete [Editor] Saturday, October 19th 2002 - 08:15:33 PM

A trusted source has sent me this list of figures now available to order from Hasbro for Jan/feb 03 release...

Rebel Trooper
Imperial Officer
Eeth Koth
Teebo
Tusken Raider with removable head
Padme Amidala (soft cloak and articulation)
SP4 & JN66 (library droid 2Pack)
Obi Wan Spear Throwing
Mace Windu (Total Control)
Darth Tyrannus (Lightening Burst)

The first 4 were originally released on POTJ cards, so these must be re-carded to match the current Saga blue cards.

More news and images as they become available.

That's retail orders. But it sounds more likely considering Hasbro must be wanting to empty the warehouses of old stock now ready for next years ordered stuff. Clear out all the overproduced toys at xmas to the non discerning present buying non collector adults. Saw plenty of that going on at TRU today, grannies and grandads standing bewildered in front of all the figures muttering about which ones to but little *insert generic name* for xmas.

The holiday hidious figures may not ship until new year according to one report. The yoda repackage might make it unfortunately, I did forget about him you're quite right. I have a habit of blanking out the stuff I don't want from my memory. The cantina packs aren't due til January according to a couple of e-tailers. but the 3rd wave of star tours is due out soon-ish despite no-one having a clue what they look like.

Turbowars
10-22-2002, 07:09 PM
Better late than never! I think HaBLOW lives by this golden rule.

SirSteve
10-22-2002, 08:31 PM
It's this same figure as we posted months ago, just with a new insert.

http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=28752

Jayspawn
10-22-2002, 09:09 PM
Red Battle Droid looks ok. I like the tan colored ones more but thats ok. It's an armybuilder and we need more of those.

aceguide
10-23-2002, 09:06 AM
While I appreciate Hasbro coming out with the Red BD I sincerely hope they invested in better plastic. The Saga BD was one of the worst figures ever - unless you like gumby in your Arena...

187-Maul
10-23-2002, 11:34 AM
I think it's a good idea to release the red version since he's really a good army builder, and I'll probably buy one or two (if I ever find him)
the plastic on the first one is a bit gummy but I can still get him to stand in a good pose so I wouldn't care THAT much if they used the same plastic on the new one

LTBasker
10-23-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by aceguide
While I appreciate Hasbro coming out with the Red BD I sincerely hope they invested in better plastic. The Saga BD was one of the worst figures ever - unless you like gumby in your Arena...

Well considering it appears that the Red Droid is molded in red plastic (the earlier version which was posted with the Cream Droid's insert may have been just a mock-up of a Cream BD painted red) and so possibly it could be sturdier than the cream plastic. It just depends on if they listened to reports of the Cream BD's being so gummy.

Jargo
10-23-2002, 01:59 PM
Doubt they care at this stage of the year. I've noticed that some of these later figures are getting sturdier and more rigid. Could just be because it's cold here but even with the heating on they don't wilt like some of the earlier saga figgies do. I don't count deluxe figures in that statement because the deluxe figures are mostly poopy anyway.
If the droid does fall over easily does that mean people won't want them? That's cool, I'll buy them then. Been waiting all year for them, damned if I'm going to be thwarted now in my attempts to muster a monster droid army.

Prince Xizor
10-23-2002, 02:21 PM
Standing those damn things up is a big pain in my *****. When you are setting up a big Droid Army scene, one of the damn things fall over and it takes down half the Army with it. These new ones better be sturdy.