PDA

View Full Version : A possible change in ESB for DVD? read on

TheDarthVader
10-22-2002, 01:29 PM
Today at Wal-Mart, I watched the "Wal-Mart" network and it included a rather lengthy advertisement for the new Attack of the Clones movie. The point is, that through this lengthy ad there was a part in ESB that was shown. The voice says, "We know the truth." Then it showed Vader telling Luke "I am your father" After this, Luke does not start shouting "No. Thats not true. Thats impossible!" Instead he just breathes heavily for a little while. The thing is, the camera stays on him long enough for him to complete what he said in ESB. Is this a small indication of a CHANGE that may take place? Personally, I always felt that part of ESB when he is shouting sounded a bit out of place and whiney. Has anyone else seen this? What are your thoughts/opinions? Did they omit that part so there would be no confusion with new Star Wars Fans? ---Brian

Pendo
10-22-2002, 01:38 PM
I'm guessing you're talking about the DVD advertisement that was on the internet a couple of weeks ago.

I think it is just two different cuts placed cleverly together. I don't think it is a change in the scene. I'll have to watch the advert again, but I think the clip of Luke is taken from when Vader is trying to get him to turn to the Dark Side. They just took away the sound and placed it after Vader says "I am your father".

PENDO!

The Overlord Returns
10-22-2002, 01:39 PM
That is exactly what is ........no more than clever editing.

ConvergeDW
10-22-2002, 11:20 PM
That would be terrible

Exhaust Port
10-23-2002, 09:13 PM
Walmart? Clever? Get outta here!

JEDIpartner
10-24-2002, 07:16 PM
It's not like the people who regularly shop at Wal*Mart would know "clever" if it landed on them like a house! :evil:

Just kidding... mostly. ;)

Beast
10-24-2002, 07:40 PM
Very true, JP. After all those Wal-Mart folks are the majority of the people that buy Pan and Scan DVD's. Such an abomination. :p :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
10-29-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Very true, JP. After all those Wal-Mart folks are the majority of the people that buy Pan and Scan DVD's. Such an abomination. :p :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Way to go JJB. If you wanted to make Dar' Argol cry, mission accomplished.

Beast
10-29-2002, 02:06 AM
Nah, Dar' Argol won't cry over that. Especially because it's sadly the truth. I'm sure that even he would agree with the Pan and Scan thing. Just because he works there, doesn't mean he likes the place. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
10-30-2002, 10:01 AM
I detect Lord Malakite using a Simpsons quote in his post.

Lord Malakite
10-30-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
I detect Lord Malakite using a Simpsons quote in his post.

Indeed I was. :D

Yoda-Wan
11-10-2002, 09:18 PM
This is just more proof that Walmart is the anitchrist.

plo koon 200
12-04-2003, 02:05 PM
What more proof would you need? Imagine if Lucas allowed those Wal-Mart CEO's to mess around with his Star Wars films :eek: ! What would we get?

darthzirock
12-04-2003, 05:09 PM
This is just more proof that Walmart is the anitchrist.

I always find it interesting that Wal*Mart's "Inspirational Reading" section consists exclusively of Christianity-based books. What, Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, Wiccans, Hindus, pagans, Satanists, Secular Humanists, etc, etc, aren't allowed to be "inspired"?

derek
12-04-2003, 06:31 PM
I always find it interesting that Wal*Mart's "Inspirational Reading" section consists exclusively of Christianity-based books. What, Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, Wiccans, Hindus, pagans, Satanists, Secular Humanists, etc, etc, aren't allowed to be "inspired"?

i read an article the other day that said wal mart is making over a billion a year selling those christian/religious type of books. if any other religions/cults show they have the buying power christians do, wal mart will sell to them.:)

dr_evazan22
12-05-2003, 11:02 PM
I don't really think that they would sell it even if it would sell.

I've heard of them specifically not carrying books and/or music that was in the top 10 sellers.

Pendo
12-23-2003, 06:30 AM
This (http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16701) has just been posted at AICN about a possible change in ESB. I hope it's true, but these kind of rumours are gonna keep coming until the DVDs are out. I'm not going to believe any of them until we have official confirmation :).

PENDO!

scruffziller
12-23-2003, 06:58 AM

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BinksI think that is because the big palleted features of movies they put out have like 5 shelves and the top 4 are FOOL SCREEN and the bottom row is PROPER FULL PICTURE(widescreen to the lay person);) . They do that so people not thinking/knowing will just grab the one at arm's length. Is there a petition somewhere JJB to get rid of FOOL SCREEN once and for all. I hate going to WM and them only having the FOOL SCREEN version of a movie. People's ignorance on this drives me insane.:dead: Even people that say they understand the difference still try to defend the unenlightened people,"but they don't like them black bars........."*slaps the person saying that* I continue to bow before you JJB everytime I am looking to buy a movie. I am so glad you set me free the ignorance with your enlightening tutorial and will continue to spread the gospel of how movies should be.

This (http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16701) has just been posted at AICN about a possible change in ESB. I hope it's true, but these kind of rumours are gonna keep coming until the DVDs are out. I'm not going to believe any of them until we have official confirmation :).

PENDO!
True, that is one change that I would not have a problem with, but I am still getting the original-origianls on Laserdisk!!!!! And maybe the SE too if the DVDs coming out are not going to be the SE of 1997.

plo koon 200
12-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Hey Pendo that link does not work for me. Can you please repost what they are saying is a possible change. Thanks.

Pendo
12-23-2003, 02:17 PM
Hey Pendo that link does not work for me. Can you please repost what they are saying is a possible change. Thanks.
Aint It Cool News is down at the moment. The link should work when the site comes back up.

PENDO!