PDA

View Full Version : Figures and DVDs are LETHAL!

Jayspawn
10-22-2002, 02:58 PM
Today is a great day for DVD fans. Today I picked up The James Bond DVD set, ET Special Edition, Mr. Deeds, and The Search for Spock Director's Edition. Good score!

But then I decided to stop by Toy'R'Us on the way home and I found The Simpsons Tree House of Horror III set. I missed the previous sets and I'm totally stoked that I found one. BUT, it really adds up!!!!!

Any other Collectors out there who juggle the 2 hobbies?

Exhaust Port
10-22-2002, 03:16 PM
Congradulations on your THOH 3!

I can understand the money juggling that must go too. Not only do I feel like I have to divide my $$ between the different things that I collect (SW vs. Simpsons) but other outside interests as well. Currently I'm researching buying an old GMC transit bus to save it from the scrap heap. What am I thinking? :crazed:

Beast
10-22-2002, 03:18 PM
It's a good day, but not a great day. Now Nov. 12th is the greatest DVD day in the history of the format. Star Wars: AOTC's, LOTR's: Extended Gift Set, South Park (Season 1),etc. It's probably going to be the most painful day for most DVD fanatics' wallets. :D

But yeah, juggling the two hobbies can be killer. But it's easy to plan around the DVD's. They have an official release date, so you know when you can find them. Star Wars figures are not so easy to judge when you may find one you need. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Vellner
10-22-2002, 03:30 PM
Yea!
THOH 3!
I saw that once(But had no money) I'll NEVER see it again :(

I collect:

Star Wars- everything
G. I. Joe- figures
Simpsons- figures and DVDs
Kiss -figures
Beatles- Figures,Records(45s-Eps-Lps), CDs, DVDs

And so many good DVDs are being released in Nov.................. plus Christmas!!!!..........I need to win the lottery, Or something?

evenflow
10-22-2002, 04:35 PM
I buy all the Star Wars Stuff
All the new He-Man Stuff
Twilight Zone Side SHow stuff
and many other random things.

QLD
10-22-2002, 05:45 PM
I almost dread christmas now. It just reminds me of all the money I don't have to buy presents for people.....

SithDroid
10-22-2002, 06:08 PM
Yeah my money is spread pretty thin as well. Stuff I collect that is still in the stores are:

DVD's
Music
Gamecube Games
PC Games
New Masters Of the Universe
Simpsons
Transformers - Commemorative
Star Wars
Some Superhero figures
About 15-20 comic titles

Not to mention my G.I.Joe Classic 80's collection of stuff I'm catching up on.

Fortunately I have to thank ebay. If I can't find something, or if I miss it in the store, then I can usually find it on there for a decent price.

Prince Xizor
10-22-2002, 06:49 PM
Ugh, yeah, money... I sure need some more of that stuff.

Personally I collect:

Star Wars Figures
Lord Of The Rings Figures
Movie Posters
DVD's
MOTU Figures
Video Games

I am deathly afraid of November 12. Clones and LOTR DVD's! Not to mention all the new Two Tower's toys are starting to be released and some damn good games are coming out (GTA: Vice City, Hitman 2, Timesplitters 2, Star Wars: KOTOR, Unreal).

Imperial Monarche
10-22-2002, 07:30 PM
this thread seems to have changed quite a bit from the original subject, but oh well. i get star wars collectable things like the figures and ccg (which i am struggling to painfully finish off my set) and i also collect the recent transformers, as well as the older ones if i can find them for a reasonable price. just word to the wise, if anyone is collecting the re-release of the transformers, if you find an optimus, get it cause they are no where (unless you live in new york city cuz the TRU in times square has millions of them as well as the arena playset) i have all the re-release transformers that i got here in columbus, ohio but it was tought to get the prime, i got him out of storage. so heed my wisdom, it will do everyone well.

Eternal Padawan
10-23-2002, 10:24 AM
It's a recession boys. Money's tight all over.

Hobbies that fight for my meager wallet droppings:

DVDs
Movie Posters (although that's time and diligence, not money, that I spend)
MOTU figures (although I have He-Man and Skeletor, which seem to be the only two figures clogging the pegs ANYWHERE... by the way, I bought the new Castle Greyskull for my daughter for an X-mas present and I opened it [to make sure it worked properly ;)] and it is SWEET! :D)
Marvel Legends Figures (The loch ness monster of the toy world...all I see are empty pegs, empty pegs, empty pegs. )
Spider-Man Classic Figures (Like the M:Legends, but different)
Star Wars Stuff (This interest is waning due to the fact that I haven't seen a new figure in six months.)
G. I. Joe Comics (The new Devil Due Series, and catching up on the old one. If anybody has issues #142, 143, 147, 148, 150-154, let me know....)

I started LOTR figures but it's just too much money juggling all these hobbies at once. I'm gonna snag a Sauron figgie if I can.

I also had to give up cable, and for the most part, eating. :rolleyes: ;)

scruffziller
10-24-2002, 09:19 AM
I went cold turkey on toy collecting, but seemed to slip into the DVD collecting.

QLD
10-24-2002, 04:33 PM
I have not once seen the Marvel Legends figures on the shelves. Not once. I had to get the first set from ebay, and looks like I will be doing the same with the second. I wish they had used a newer version of Namor, and Human Torch looks sorta....ehhhh.....but Doom and Thing look great!

And yes, with me collecting those, SW, DVD's, Sports memorabilia, it's kinda rough these days.

SithDroid
10-25-2002, 06:58 PM
Oops I also forgot my Movie Poster collection.

Rogue II
10-25-2002, 09:06 PM
The next few weeks are going to put a dent in my wallet. I want to get ATOC DVD and the Landspeeder (so I can get my Silver R2). Then I plan on getting Ephant Mon and the new Endor soldier. I'm going to have to put off buying the new Lord of the Rings DVD.