PDA

View Full Version : Will Sales Slow Down and Overstock mean "no Ephont Mon?"

Tycho
10-22-2002, 04:10 PM
Toys R Us is getting in major shipments of the cases with Endor Soldier (no Goatee) and Clone Trooper Pilots. I bought 12 Pilots the other day!

The Soldiers are in case Col 2, Wave 8, R1 - note there is an R2, but it does not have the clean-shaven guy.

They had about 60 cases of SW figures in the back and they let me go back there and open the cases I wanted to. They (Toys R Us) are feeling some dread at being stuck with a lot of figures after the holiday shopping. Yet so far as I know, there are no plans to mark SW figures down from $4.99 - their regular price.

They do have Arena Playsets and Gunships, so hopefully parents shopping for holiday gifts will buy the figures to accompany the playset and Gunship - unless they think that figures are included. Then they'll probably clean the racks for their kids at after-New Year's sales.

With 60 cases worth of figures in earlier cases in their backstock, it does NOT seem likely that a Collection 2, Wave 9 case (with Ephont Mon) will show up before the holidays.

These cases they have way too many of include:

Orm Free Taa
Endor Soldier w. Goatee
Massif with Geonosian
Massif with Tusken
Chancellor Palpatine
Watto
Teemto Pegules
Ki-Adi Mundi
Djas Puhr
Lott Dodd

Endor Soldier Clean-shaven ships with the rest of them above.

Collection 1 will probably move a lot faster.

Ephont Mon is in a wave 9 case, not yet seen out in the domestic US at major discount retailers (TRU, Walmart, Target, K-mart, KB Toys)

Beast
10-22-2002, 04:17 PM
I doubt it Tycho, especially with all the people complaining that they can't get anything past #40 in their stores. I know myself I need quite a few that are in those cases that you mentioned. So I am sure that other people will as well. :)

So bring them on, other then Orn Free Taa, most of those should sell pretty well. Plus TRU is supposed to be shipping back a massive ammount of Pegwarmers, just like Wal-Mart is. I don't expect anything to be rare this year.

Remember that the only rare E1 figures that we have are from the end of the line, and those came out the year after the movie came out. Everything that was released in 1999 was easy to find after a few months. I expect the very same to be said for 2002. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-22-2002, 05:03 PM
JJB, Wal-Mart is sending back pegwarmers also? I knew they might be getting in new ones due to the DVD/figure displays, but I didn't know they were sending the old guys back. Just as long as I can get anything from 41-52, I'll be happy. :)

EDIT: Oops, just saw the thread on this.

LTBasker
10-22-2002, 05:17 PM
We still need Teemto wave+. Heck, we even still need more Deluxe Ani wave and Massif w/ Geos! (not the wave but the figure, even though that wave does seem to be selling well.) Just tell'em to ship'em here! :D

Ephant and co. will most likely be shipping more throughout Nov. and Dec. due to possible unshippable backstock from that whole strike incident that they need to get through.

Prince Xizor
10-22-2002, 06:37 PM
Of the figures you mentioned, only Endor Soldier w. Goatee, Chancellor Palpatine, Djas Puhr are pegwarmers around here. All the others are hard or impossible to find. I agree with Jar Jar though, once TRU sends back all their pegwarmers (and Walmart) and gets in the new shipments, I don't think anything will be hard to find. Except maybe the ones they sent back...

Tycho
10-22-2002, 08:03 PM
It sounds like they only need to recirculate the figures that aren't selling as well in some locals to ship to other areas.

For example, we do not have 1 Anakin Outland Peasant Disguise on the racks here.

In fact, of the figures, from earliest to latest, San Diego does not have:

Anakin Outland Peasant
Obi-Wan Coruscant Chase
Padme Arena Escape
R2D2 Electronic (some KB has him)
Kit Fisto

We rarely see

Tusken Mother (K-mart has her)
Shaak-Ti (K-mart has her, KB has her)
Plo Koon
Boba Fett
Captain Typho (KB has him)

JarJar Binks (KB and K-mart have him)
SaeSee Tiin (KB has him, TRU has him)
Geonosian Warrior (WalMart has him)
Dexter Jettster (K-mart, Walmart, Toys R Us have him)
Battle Droid
Nikto Jedi (sometimes KB has him)

Later waves are a little more available.

I assume most San Diegans got these. However, for X-mas they are not available while they might be pegwarming elsewhere.

Rogue II
10-22-2002, 10:36 PM
Most of those are easy to find in the DC area. THere are still stores that don't have much newer than that.

Tycho
10-23-2002, 01:44 AM
There may be fewer collectors in your area, hence the figures are moving slower and they're still stuck with figures that came in between April and June?

There may be more customers by me, and these figures were bought?

I'm guessing.

bigbarada
10-23-2002, 01:52 AM
What is a pegwarmer in one area of the US is virtually impossible to find in another.

Dexter, Royal Guard, Clonetrooper, KE Jango and Jar Jar are pretty tough to find over here right now.

The biggest pegwarmers are:
Han Endor
Endor Soldier (Goatee)
Djas
Obi-Wan Pilot
FB Mace
FB Jango
Shaak Ti
Battle Droid
Super Battle Droid
Zam

I'm not going to play the game with Ephant Mon and risk never seeing him until after New Years. I traded some figures to Brian's Toys for him and should have him by the end of this week. No more scouring the store aisles for me.:)

After Ephant Mon, though, I am going to take an indefinite hiatus from collecting. The only thing that could possibly bring me back will be a new ROTJ Jabba with Throne playset.