PDA

View Full Version : New Destroyer Droid Carded

SirSteve
10-22-2002, 08:28 PM
Read the news HERE (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=547) and let's discuss what you think.

Battle Droid
10-22-2002, 08:33 PM
COOL! :eek: Thanks Steve. :)

JangoFart
10-22-2002, 08:37 PM
Looks great! I wonder how close to folding it will come? The others folded up nicely to look like they were emerging from a roll, but didn't roll up all the way.

J

Battle Droid
10-22-2002, 08:39 PM
I doubt this one folds up any at all since there's a trigger in it's back.

Turbowars
10-22-2002, 08:46 PM
Very cool! It better Fold! If not Hasbro seems to be going backwards. Oh well, it's nice to get it.

SirSteve
10-22-2002, 08:56 PM
It does not fold up. Hasbro said they tried everything but couldn't get it the way they wanted to. :(

Prince Xizor
10-22-2002, 08:59 PM
Hell Yeah! This is the figure I am looking forward to the most. I can't wait, Its looks AWESOME!

Lord Tenebrous
10-22-2002, 09:00 PM
It still lacks some of the bulk that the CG models portray, but it's getting better. The instructions aren't too clear - is the left one for launching the blasts, and the right for moving the arms to recreate the force of the blasts?

At any rate, I won't get it, but I'm sure some will be pleased with the final product.

Turbowars
10-22-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
It does not fold up. Hasbro said they tried everything but couldn't get it the way they wanted to. :( That figures, Hasbro just doesn't try hard enough. I mean the make TF's

Jayspawn
10-22-2002, 09:06 PM
Looks great! Thanks for the pics Boss!

Old Fossil
10-22-2002, 09:07 PM
I never cared much for the Droidekas. I like the 'old-style' Classic Trilogy droids better. Altogether more character.

Turbowars
10-22-2002, 09:14 PM
Very True Twodot, but Hasbro isn't in the oldschool frame of mind. They think the the OT doesn't sell to kids and I ask, who are the peg warmers people? Not the OT.

Old Fossil
10-22-2002, 09:23 PM
I guess I AM oldschool. Dang.

"Back in my day we didn't HAVE fancy killer droids that rolled around in balls and then sprung up on stilts with convenient little force-fields to protect them from the mean old Jedi..."

Turbowars
10-22-2002, 09:28 PM
I'm oldschool to Twodot, I think most of us are, but just afraid to show it.LOL Give me the rest of the Atro driods and I will not ask for another figure again, well maybe for a fews days.;)

Beast
10-23-2002, 01:29 AM
OT figures don't pegwarm? Excuse me while I laugh. There are still POTJ figures that are pegwarming. Not to mention Han: Endor, Luke: Bespin, Vader: Bespin, Chewbacca: Cloud City, Endor Rebel Soldier, and Djas Puhr seem to be lingering on the pegs in many areas. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
10-23-2002, 01:37 AM
Yeah JJB, what is JJB doing right now in 5000 tru's Targets and WM, along with Kit, Zam, Mace, Jango...... OT sells;)

bigbarada
10-23-2002, 01:51 AM
Jar Jar is actually pretty hard to find down here in Alamogordo, NM. I think most figures pegwarm, regardless of what movie they are from. If what you are saying was true turbowars, then the POTF2 line would have been flying off the shelves as fast as it could be stocked. I seem to remember more than a few pegwarmers from that line (and plenty of pegwarmers from the vintage line, now that I think about it).

Anyways, this is all silly. Even though I have been collecting since 1978 there are still plenty of prequel figures I want to see. And a well made Destroyer Droid (one of my favorite designs from all of Star Wars) has been on my list since 1999. Too bad a transforming one doesn't seem to be in the cards (the Action Masters version was more than a little crappy, but then again Hasbro has never done well making Transforming toys. They can only import the best ones).

Oh no! I guess that means that I can no longer proclaim the title of "old school." Psssh! Like I care.:rolleyes:

Beast
10-23-2002, 02:24 AM
Jar Jar isn't peg warming around here either. I think I have seen about 4 in my usual store runs. So he obviously sold pretty well in some areas. But we need a re-sculpt that fits better with the other Senator figures. Not to mention needing his other outfit from the film with the fancy epaluttes. :)

I've been collecting since 1978 also, and I love the prequels and prequel figures. I want more. There are so many charecter from the prequels that need to be made still. The OT had a great run from 1995-1999 where alot of figures were made. They even had some great ones in POTJ and the new Saga Line.

But we need the focus to shift to the Prequels and Jabba's Palace from the OT. There are tons of charecters from Jabba's that haven't been made yet. It's ignored alot more then the Cantina is for some reason. Come on Hasbro, bring em on. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

gibbspaulus
10-23-2002, 03:46 AM
I'm more concerned with the DD's @Jango' firing mechanisms on its arms. How chunky?

Jargo
10-23-2002, 06:36 AM
Not really impressed with this. The firing mechanism is poopy but I do like the lever operated mechanism for making his arms swing back and forth. Don't like the way the head is either, would have preferred the back to be closer to the body like all the other droidekas I bought. Hopefully they'll pack a rolled up droideka with one of the figures. If they can't get the thing to unroll and refold then they could at least try to give us a rolled one as an accessory. I don't know, the arm firing mechanism box looks like it might slice off neatly, might buy this and customise, need to see loose shots first before spending any money. Not the best toy ever but certainly not the worst.

Sinister Lord
10-23-2002, 07:24 AM
This is disappointing... those missile launching things are lame. I like the first EP1 Destroyer Droid better... no gimmicks on that one.

So much for army building with these guys. This is sad.:(

187-Maul
10-23-2002, 11:42 AM
I'll definetly buy one of him, and if I can somehow remove those missile-fire things from his under-arm, I think I'll even buy some more for me arena diorama
it looks like he's a bit taller then the E1 version and the head sculpt and design is A LOT better then the E1 version

Lewis
10-24-2002, 03:31 AM
It will be a nice addition..But.. I dont like the bulky arms, just another gimmick :crazed:

JEDIpartner
10-24-2002, 09:00 AM
I think the E1 versions look a lot better. I think the "head" is too big and it's too "lean" looking. The other thing is the arms looking too clunky because of the firing mechanism. It's okay, but it's not great.