PDA

View Full Version : AOTC to open on 17 May 2002???

JEDIpartner
10-30-2001, 07:55 AM
Yikes!!

If that is true... then that would mean this is the first STAR WARS film to not open on a Wednesday! Read the article from www.theforce.net!
http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.html#12883

Will this jinx the film? I hope not!! Any thoughts regarding the release date?

Co Jo-Da
10-30-2001, 02:09 PM
If this is true it would open on Friday, that sucks. I hope it will get moved to either the 15th or 22nd.

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-30-2001, 02:28 PM
would it be good or bad if it realesed on the 17th? maybe good maybe bad...who knows???

evenflow
10-30-2001, 03:52 PM
Don't worry it will rip up the box offices anyway. We will probably go watch it like couple times in the first weekend anyway. :)

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-30-2001, 04:18 PM
sounds like a good plan to me, evenflow

hamsterboy
10-31-2001, 01:08 AM
At least now people will not be skipping school or work to see it.

Co Jo-Da
10-31-2001, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by hamsterboy

But that's a big part of the fun...

master jedi
10-31-2001, 12:13 PM

I homeschool so I don't have to skip it.:p

hamsterboy
11-01-2001, 12:38 AM
Yeah,but at least you won't get into trouble.(yeah I know, that's half the fun.)

master jedi
11-01-2001, 06:45 PM
Yeah,but at least you won't get into trouble.(yeah I know, that's half the fun.)

While in line to see TPM on the 1st day I saw a kid get picked up by some sort of officer for skipping school. He had some sort of wrist binder things put on him (not handcufs). I don't see why he needed them put on.
Half the fun? I don't know.

Co Jo-Da
11-01-2001, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
While in line to see TPM on the 1st day I saw a kid get picked up by some sort of officer for skipping school. He had some sort of wrist binder things put on him (not handcufs). I don't see why he needed them put on.
Half the fun? I don't know.

I agree completely but I feel sorry for the kid, missing out on a once in a life time chance but hopefully he'll get to AotC with out a problem.

master jedi
11-02-2001, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da

I agree completely but I feel sorry for the kid, missing out on a once in a life time chance but hopefully he'll get to AotC with out a problem.

I'd just turned 15 the day before and I would've been taken away also if my mother and my much older looking twin brother hadn't tagged along for the ride.

Wolfwood319
11-05-2001, 02:54 AM
I was still in high school when TPM came out, and we ditched the week before to line up to get tickets. When we were in line (with about 50) other high school kids, a cop car pulled up. We all thought we we're gonna get busted, but instead, one cop got out and got in line, the other talked to us and said very sarcastically, "Im sure none of you are where they aren't supposed to be are you."

Just an amusing little anecdote I thought I'd share. There weren't really any enforcements around where I live when the movie came out.