PDA

View Full Version : FAO Shuttle Tyderium (merged)

Adam
10-23-2002, 12:35 AM
From Jedinet.com

Saga Toys: Shuttle Delayed
Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 7:13 PM EDT

Those of you waiting for the FAO exclusive Shuttle Tydirium can tack on another month, as the vehicle's release date has been moved from December 2002 to January 2003. Here's a brief bit of what The Private Universe is reporting:

The rumour of a delayed release for the Shuttle, to Jan '03, has been doing the rounds of the net for the last few weeks... I can now confirm officially that rumour is correct.

Read more here (http://books.dreambook.com/tpu/probenews.html) .

jedihunter25
10-23-2002, 12:44 AM
Is this for the U.K. and U.S.?
I hope not for the U.S., I ordered mine waaaay back in April and to wait another month would really suck!!!

Adam
10-23-2002, 12:45 AM
Beats me. But the US release WAS December..

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-23-2002, 01:00 AM
Eh, this sucks, but i'll live. It just gives me more time to conjure up the money for it. Maybe they're going to make it better?!??!?! (mike laughs hysterically) Yeah, right, like hasbro would do a crazy thing like that! :D

jedihunter25
10-23-2002, 01:09 AM
I'm not sure if this is for the U.S. because that is a U.K. site. And for the U.K., there has been talk about it being delayed for a while, maybe it's just confirming that. I Hope.

Lord Tenebrous
10-23-2002, 01:19 AM
I have a feeling that that is a completely aesthetic delay (final detailing and packaging). And I would assume that FAO altered the overall release date, so no matter where you live, you'll receive it in January.

Then again, assuming anything about FAO and Hasbro during this whole fiasco is quite risky.

Prince Xizor
10-23-2002, 02:51 PM
Actually I hope its delayed. Then I could use the money I get from Christmas to buy the damn thing.

AdmiralPiett
10-24-2002, 12:23 AM
Anyone who pre-ordered should be paid interest on their money.
Piett

jedihunter25
10-24-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by AdmiralPiett
Anyone who pre-ordered should be paid interest on their money.
Piett

I agree, I pre-ordered two of them back in April- the interest would pay for themselves!!!!

mrmiller
10-25-2002, 04:24 PM
I got a coupon with one of my credit cards for $5 off a purchase of $35 or more at FAO.com. I know $5 is not much for a $120 item (if you're gettting the Shuttle), but any little bit is better than full price.

The Coupon Code is AX165 and is good untill October 31st.

Late.

SplFrcsCWO
10-25-2002, 04:50 PM
Actually, that will come in handy. Thanks.

RaptorMCSE
10-26-2002, 04:50 PM
HI, all

I got a card today from FAO saying that the shuttles are not going to ship until Jan, 10 2003. Well this is ok for me my birthday is on the 12th. So this will be a great present .....

Turbowars
10-26-2002, 08:13 PM
Fine with me, I need the cash for other things!

Jargo
10-26-2002, 09:13 PM
They won't be shipping them because the factories probably had an increased order to cope with demand. I don't think hasbro anticipated the popularity of this item and then there's all the other Hasbro lines the factories are churning out for xmas that will have pushed things back. I mean like there's a factory devoted to making star wars toys somewhere... :rolleyes: and Rudolph can really fly by the light of his nose!

Maybe they used cheapo plastic and all the wings bent. Maybe they couldn't get the darn things in the boxes. The monkeys were still trained for republic gunships and didn't recognise the shapes so they shoved the ships in wrong and tore all the boxes. Maybe the factory workers staged a mutiny and there's a hostage situation going on where they're holding the shuttles to ransom until hasbro pays them a better wage. They probably got wind of how much FAO was charging for them and decided that their monthly wage of just $4 was not quite equal to the value of their workmanship on such a large and prestigious item. Their demands for a fair wage of 6 a month will be met or there'll be hell to pay when the shutles go up in smoke!!!!!

Maybe not......

mrmiller
10-27-2002, 06:14 PM
Glad to help! So did it work? I really don't know why it wouldn't. Later.

=MATT=

stad
10-27-2002, 10:30 PM
Actually, I can do one better! Until Oct. 31, save 10% off at fao.com coupon. The code is AX164. I hope this helps, it came with my latest FAO catalog.

dr_evazan22
10-28-2002, 07:50 PM
I've been reading a few reports of teh FAO Shuttle being pushed back into early '03 and wanted to let you all know that in the latest catalogue that I received just today, the Shuttle isn't even in the photo's or listed in the text.

It lloks like the rumors are true (or you can look at as all the orders have been filled. Another possibility is that FAO had received so much interest from fans and collectors that they may be producing more than the originally announced 5,000:) ).

Beast
10-28-2002, 07:58 PM
The 5,000 was early mis-information from FAO. Hasbro said at Cel 2 that they would never make such a limited number. The 5,000 number was originally on FAO's website as well, but was removed. The Shuttle does appear in FAO's Christmas Catalog, I believe. I know that it has appeared in one of their catalogs so far. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

dr_evazan22
10-28-2002, 08:03 PM
I'd seen it in the past 2,3,4 catalogues, but I was pointing out that it's not in the one that I got just today.

It's nice to know that there will be more than 5k available. I was/am worried about getting one, I've been dying to get it for years!

Jargo
10-29-2002, 07:24 AM
Diamond UK confirms that the UK shuttle release has also been set back to January alongside a May release for the green A-wing.
This sucks! :mad:

Beast
10-29-2002, 10:16 AM
I'm not suprised that the A-Wing got pushed back, since it's kind of odd for there to be a store exclusive at the beginning of the year. Thanks for the heads up Jargo, since that likely means the same thing for us here in the states on the Green A-Wing. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

abell748
10-29-2002, 01:11 PM
i received the jan. 10th card on friday. odd thing in monday's mail was another card saying that it will ship on dec. 9th. do they have any clue to what the hell is going on?

OC47150
10-29-2002, 03:55 PM
I received the FAO card on Friday or Saturday with a December shipping date. If I don't get it in December, that's OK. At least I'm getting it.

Darth Annexis
10-29-2002, 04:11 PM
You are all Wrong.....(Respectivly)....

Remember that West Coast Strike at the Shipping Docks.....that is why it will be delayed! There is still at 10 day backlog or more on the west coast!!!!

RaptorMCSE
10-29-2002, 07:09 PM
Hi, all

I agree with Darth Annexis, I don't think it is FAO's fault, I think it is because of the dock workers.

Hey guy's I am all for you making more money, But dont SCREW with my STAR WARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sidiously Darth
10-29-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by abell748
i received the jan. 10th card on friday. odd thing in monday's mail was another card saying that it will ship on dec. 9th. do they have any clue to what the hell is going on?

Well, I've said it before in all the other threads about this exclusive that Hasbro has not, I repeat not, confirmed. You cannot find jack related to this item on the Hasbro site. All you can go by is a picture on FAO's website and the fact that they are taking pre-orders. I'm not buying this crap from FAO. They over charge for everything in their stores. It's just a tourist trap!

People are starting to see FAO's delusional take on offering an item that no one can confirm. They're sending out post cards with different delivery dates. How mad are people going to be in Jan. when this thing doesn't show? You won't be able to blame the dock workers then.

BTW, if it is being produced, I hope Hasbro is jocking up the production numbers. That way I can walk into FAO and see if for myself. Then I might buy it when it hits clearance!

jediwolf
10-30-2002, 01:07 AM
:) Hello, I got the holiday catalogue from FAO Schwarz today and the ship was still there and they have some thing new in the catalogue, the lego lifesize Boba Fett,

stad
10-30-2002, 01:11 AM
It was in the catalog I received about a week and a half ago, but not in the one I received today.

jediwolf
10-30-2002, 01:22 AM
I got one 2 weeks ago too and one today, the one I got today in the cover had the gold toy soldier face and the one I got 2 weeks ago had Barbie and Kent is Rapunzel

bobafett07728
10-30-2002, 12:12 PM
Has anyone else tried this? After going through all the ordering steps it tells you your order totals $0.00, and you have to call FAO to place your order. I've also gotten an email confirmation saying that I've placed an order for $0.00, and I should call FAO. I am assuming that this means, my order was not placed, and I have to call customer service, but I was just curious as to how many people were also having this problem. You'd think that if you can't order this item offline, they would take it off their website. . .I guess that would be the logical thing to do. . .but who's logical anymore?

Banthaholic
10-31-2002, 12:51 AM
I had this same problem a few months ago when I tried to place my order online. So I called the phone number and ordered it with the sales rep. I was actually quite suprised, when I called it was around 9 on a Friday night and there was still some one to place my order.
Just too bad there aren't people to produce my product on time, lol

Lord Tenebrous
11-07-2002, 07:17 PM
FAO's answer, well, one person's answer at least. From Yakface (chat log is in reverse):

Shuttle News
November 5, 2002 | 8:00 PM EST | Bill

Yak Reader Tim used FAO's online Chat option to get the 411 on the Imperial Shuttle. Here it is:

"This is a transcript of my talk with an FAO rep online using their LIVE chat option to check on my order for the Shuttle...Her answer does tell why the Shuttle will not be shipping till January.........which sucks but what can we do.
The Transcript reads from bottom to top.....

Tim in Memphis

5840-TAMMY STLZ (14:30:17): Thanks for shopping with FAO, you have a great day!
Tim Sherrill (14:29:51): ok thank u that helps
5840-TAMMY STLZ (14:29:07): The vendor has actually changed the date there was a defect in one of the peices. So, no one will have the item until Jan.
Tim Sherrill (14:28:05): so now its changed from December to January?
5840-TAMMY STLZ (14:27:41): The shuttle is not due in to the warehouse until about the second week of Jan.
5840-TAMMY STLZ (14:24:31): Give me one moment to check.
Tim Sherrill (14:23:37): i was talking with someone and i got bumped out....im trying to find out status on my order...
5840-TAMMY STLZ (14:22:53): Hello Tim, is there something I can help you with?
5840-TAMMY STLZ (14:22:29): Welcome to FAO Schwarz Tim Sherrill I am reviewing your question and will be with you shortly.
Tim Sherrill (14:22:29): I got bumped out"

I'm guessing they had to re-mold the top wing/fin. What else could have been defective?

Beast
11-07-2002, 07:26 PM
Sounds like bologna to me. Here's what Galactic Hunter is reporting about the delay. Hasbro and FAO both say that the delay has nothing to do with a product defect. :)

FAO Shuttle Production Delays
Reported by Mike
We can expect to see the much anticipated Shuttle Tyderium in late December or early January according to FAO Schwarz. "Hasbro experienced some production delays on their end", says Marnie Laurence of FAO Schwarz Corporate, "It's not unusual at all". Both Hasbro and FAO further state that the delay was not caused by any product defect, as speculated around the internet, and that the Shuttle remains the same as originally offered, with no action figure pack-ins or electronics."Customers who pre-ordered the toy online will receive their shipment first, with stores getting them about a week or so later,"adds Laurence.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jgmcmana99
11-09-2002, 08:49 PM
Hello, I was just wondering ifyou pre order thisship, will you have to pay for it nowor when fao stocks them? thanks

abell748
11-11-2002, 08:58 AM
they charge you when they ship it out.

Turbowars
11-18-2002, 08:51 PM
I just got a letter from FAO. It reads Dear FAO Schwarz Customer: Thank you for your recent order for the Tyderium Shuttle, item # 815300 We have had a overwhelming response to this fabulous item! Our suppliers are making every effort to have the merchandise ready for our holiday orders. However, the Manufacturer is experiencing production issues that are delaying the delivery of this item to us. If your purchase was intended as a holiday gift, we are sorry to inform you that our receipt of this item will be after December 25th. This will make delivery in time for the holiday imposible. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience and dissappointment this may cause............................................ Well I guess that gives all of us time to save more money for it.;)

OC47150
11-19-2002, 08:22 AM
I got the same letter yesterday. That's cool with me; I can charge some Christmas presents now.

At least they told us.

Jedi Drew
11-19-2002, 10:05 AM
Yep, I received the letter yesterday. I can wait since it's not a Christmas gift. HH:) :)

Turbowars
12-07-2002, 01:15 AM
Any updates?

Banthaholic
12-08-2002, 11:40 AM
I'm anxiously awaiting this arrival. It's been a long time since we ordered this gem, and no real pictures of it yet.
This thing will be mamoth, although I'm torn on what type of box I'd like it to be in.
On the one hand if it's in a window box, it'll be tough to have a mint one, and will be tough to properly store it, although the window would display it so nicely.
I'm kind've hoping for something similar to the Naboo Royal Starship.

TheBigSloppy
12-08-2002, 07:33 PM
I have to agree with JarJar. I spoke with a salesperson at FAO and he said the delay is directly related to the West Coast port closures in October. Makes sense to me.

Look at the Simpsons Main Street environment. That thing is finally making its way to TRU's shelves. Same thing has happened to the latest wave of Star Tours figs. . .

Not a production delay, but a shipping delay.

Turbowars
12-08-2002, 08:20 PM
If it's just a shipping delay, I think the letter would had said so. Saying it's a delay on shipping is better than a production issue. I would think that Hasbro and FAO would use the shipping delay instead of saying their product is faulty.

Hellboy
01-20-2003, 09:29 PM
I got a mailer at the end of last week from FAO saying that they had not received the items from the manufacturer and that they expected the ship date would be 1/16. I still haven't been charged for mine yet so I guess the wait goes on but I was wondering if anyone else had gotten their's yet :confused:

abell748
01-21-2003, 10:53 AM
since i had to wait so long, i had time to think it over and cancelled mine. it seems they are never going to get it in, it is way over priced, and i'm happy with my vintage one that i got for less then this travesty costs. i thought i would have regrets, but i don't and that is sad because i used to be a completist and hasblow has just killed me in the last year and this was the final nail in the complete collection coffin.

OC47150
01-21-2003, 11:10 AM
I haven't received word from FAO since the post card in mid- to late December. I'm going by what I've read on the news groups.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-21-2003, 11:50 AM
I ordered mine through Cloud City collectibles and they said it wouldn't ship to me i believe until late February. Meh! :D

ajaugie1
01-21-2003, 12:19 PM
I ordered one like a lot of people did last year. I still can't get over the $25 shipping and handling fee.....makes me angry actually. I keep asking myself, is it really worth $150. Plus my FAO in Chicago just closed so who knows what will happen. Is it possible to see if we all can get some sort of discount. We have had to wait. Were't we supposed to get these things like Dec. 10th?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-21-2003, 01:18 PM
Ajaugie1- I can't imagine if FAO or hasbleh would offer a discount. I've been waiting for those Compactor sets and wave 2 of the Cantina that they should be free by now!! My brother had ordered one from the FAO chi-town too and i called them to see what happened. They informed me that the list of names was sent to the NY store for them to handle. Whether or not they'll get in more Shuttles at the NY store to accomodate the Chicago one, i dunno. I just told my bro to cancel the order and i ordered one myself. :D

Darth Annexis
01-22-2003, 04:04 PM
BUT WHEN WILL THEY SHIP?

Sidiously Darth
01-22-2003, 04:23 PM
Well folks, it looks like I'm going to cave in on this one. I've been telling people I'm not buying this b/c of all the subterfuge by FAO and Hasbro never really confirming it... Guess Again!

After phoning in my taxes and seeing the nice sum of money I'll be getting back, I will purchase my very own Imp. Shuttle when the refund arrives. But don't get your hopes up FAO, I will not buy it from you. I'll find the best price from an online store or hit up Once Upon a Toy at Downtown Disney.

To Heck with FAO and their ridiculous prices!!!:evil:

Sidiously Darth
01-22-2003, 06:33 PM
Besides FAO, who has the best price on the new shuttle?

Hellboy
01-22-2003, 07:58 PM
I called Fao customer service last night and a guy told me they expect to have them in stock by the 25th of this month. I wouldn't hold your breath though next week it will probably be due in the 10th of Feb. :confused:

Teeska Mon Eebon
01-22-2003, 08:51 PM
Well with all this delay and stuff I might get one... I would like to wait till someone GETs it and reviews it first

jedi-cpa
02-03-2003, 03:16 PM
http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/030203/retail_fao_bankruptcy_5.html

I got a phone call the other night. I had ordered my shuttle from FAO in White PLains NY. Well, they called me and said they were closing the store, and would have to ship the shuttle to me. But get this, they are making me pay half the shipping!!!!!!

AS IF THEY AREN'T CHARGING ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

I'm amazed this company stayed in business as long as it did charging double what everyone else charges for toys.

bobafett07728
02-03-2003, 03:36 PM
So they are closing the store, and still getting in new shipments? That seems odd. Usually when a store announces its closing, they no longer get shipments. Good luck with this one, I hope you recieve your Shuttle without anymore problems.

Ji'dai
02-03-2003, 07:22 PM
On December 31, I received an email from FAO customer service that said FAO.com was expecting to get more Shuttles in and that I could go ahead and place my order for a "backordered" shuttle. I got 10% off using a coupon so I decided to order one.

I received a postcard from FAO today (Feb 3) apologizing for the delay. They said that they had not yet received the item from the manufacturer, but the expected ship date listed on my postcard is Feb 2.

So I guess I should receive my shuttle in mail some time this week or next.

Maybe.

Beast
02-03-2003, 09:34 PM
According to people at Rebelscum and Galactic Hunter, FAO is starting to charge credit cards and ship out the Shuttle. So check your credit card, or with FAO. As it appears that they are finally starting to hit. About damn time. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-04-2003, 06:15 AM
Well folks I beat you to it. Got my shuttle through the mail just around five minutes ago. I ordered through Toy Palace germany and it came via courier in perfect packaging, no dings or dents, I opened that sucker up faster than you can say BLING! all you have to attach is the dorsal wing and cockpit canopy, everything else is predone. Even the stickers are applied for you. And boy is it big! I never even saw the vintage one and just didn't appreciate how gorgeous this beauty really is. It's well worth forking out for IMO. I'm a seriously happy bunny right now.
Hope you all get your shuttles really soon. :)

dr_evazan22
02-04-2003, 02:08 PM
I just spoke w/ Tara at FAO and she confirmed that my order was complete. She said that the shuttle is due to arrive tomorrow (Wed) by UPS 2nd Day Air. We'll probably here quite a few stories of other people receiving theirs this week. I'll post back in the a.m. w/ how cool it looks:cool: .

jediwolf
02-04-2003, 05:41 PM
:D I just spoke with tara too and she said they ship my order today.

RaptorMCSE
02-04-2003, 05:50 PM
I just spoke with them about 5 min ago and they said my order had been invoiced and i should have it in 7-10 business days???????

dr_evazan22 did you pay for 2nd day air ???? was that an option I missed???
:confused:

tagmac
02-04-2003, 07:58 PM
I had ordered one, but seeing as it has no figures, no sounds, and is huge and way overpriced, I cancelled mine. I'll save that money for the new saga and unleashed figures instead.

Jargo
02-05-2003, 08:04 AM
Well, my second shuttle arrived this morning from R2DTOYS in excellent condition as per all their stock, amazing really because it was only shipped last night. Cost me roughly $125 inc. shipping. Man I love that place! Love my shuttles!

I realy feel for you having to wait a week for yours RaptorMCSE, that sucks.

These babies really are a sight to behold. Solid and chunky. The paint job is amazing for a hasbro toy from the edges of the wings to the little dirt streaks, even the accurate sticker application makes a welcome change. Okay so personally i think the darker paint app' is a little too heavy in places but it still looks so good. For a sculpt from all those yearts back it still reelly holds up to scrutiny and i honestly don't see much that could have improved it. I know folks wanted electronics and sounds but... well that's not my cup of tea and i'm glad they were taken out. I spent yesterday flying my first one casual round the house and I found that the right wing was a little sticky on the lowering and raising mechanism but that mechanism is great, I really felt impressed by the republic gunship but the shuttle blows that away in my opinion, it doesn't have the same features but for something created so long ago to still stand the acid Jargo test means it has to be good. It also shows that toy manufacturing hasn't really advanced that much in certain areas though. If there's one place I could have done with a little more engineering on the shuttle it's the cockpit opening joint. It seems a little weak and flimsy to me and i'm scared I'll break it. But the addition of the tinted canopy window is fantastic. I feared they'd go with clear or just slightly tinted plastic but this has the full limousine black and you can hardly see through it. It makes the shuttle that little bit more authentic looking. Mr. Palpatine and Mr. Vader are very pleased with his new aquisitions and have telephoned the construction company to congratulate them on their workmanship. They can now pt their clapped out old skyhopper to rest and enjoy flying in style... :D

RaptorMCSE
02-05-2003, 09:53 AM
Ups Guy showed up at door with my Shuttles What the hell??

Hehe if I didnt believe this before I sure as heck believe this

now, FAO people do not know how to read a Calander Merry Christmas, and Happy Birth Day toooooooooooooooo meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee , cough cough Jan 12th cough cough....

dr_evazan22
02-05-2003, 09:59 AM
RaptorMCSE- i didn't ask for 2nd Day. That's just how they decided to ship to me.

Well, I didn't even wait to leave work (UPS) this morning before opening the shipping box. I was showing it off to whoever was near. I was beaming (still am)!

Jargo and Tycho are both right about the paint job. Hasbro did an excellent job of making it look "naturally" weathered. In some of the POTF2 vehicles the paint on the vehicle in the photo would look good, then you'd open it all excited, and pull out a vehicle that was either too light, or way too dark.

On this Shuttle, the paint is about 95% perfect. the only thing keeping it back, like jargo said, was the dark areas where the L and R wings join the fuselage.

The mold is the same as the one from '84. It even says so on the bottom (Kenner, Cincinnatti OH). It is too bad they didn't strengthen the cockpit hinge.

Very happy w/ this:) . I might have to make this my table centerpiece.

If you have the means and oppurtunity you should get this.

pthfnder89
02-05-2003, 03:33 PM
I didn't have the money to order the shuttle originally, and then they sold out so fast on the website I thought I'd missed my chance.

But then I got some moolah for Xmas and I tried calling FAO, and got hooked up without any problems. They just charged my debit card so hopefully it'll arrive this week. As much as I want it sooner, I wasn't about to fork over an extra $40-$50 to get it a couple days sooner.:rolleyes:

I'm glad you like it Jargo. If you don't find anything wrong then I think I'm pretty safe :D

plo koon 200
02-05-2003, 04:12 PM
I just got my shuttle. Now that is one HUGE vehicle. It is super awesome and blows the heck out of all the new vehicles coming out.

Emperor Howdy
02-06-2003, 03:32 AM
Weeeeeeee!! Mine arrived today as well. Got home from work and there's this huge box on my doorstep. I saw my name and FAO in the corner! :D Dragged him in, opened him up, (saw the crappy packing job...just a few strips of those air bag thingamajigs :mad: ), and took out my Shuttle! We stared at each other, embraced, and kissed for a while...............................
................................until my roommate walked in and screamed "What the hell are you doing!?!" I put down my Shuttle and ran out of the room.

I returned after the coast was clear......then I noticed something. The taping job on the box seems sloppy. Did anyone else get a somewhat shabby tape job?

OC47150
02-06-2003, 08:48 AM
My credit card has been credited, so it's just a matter of time before it arrives. I asked a neighbor to be on the lookout for a huge box while I'm at work.

Jargo
02-06-2003, 11:30 AM
Yeah the tape on both mine was a wee bit sloppy like a four year old did it or something but as I opened both it doesn't matter to me. Gonna rile some o' you boxed collectors though. :D

Ji'dai
02-06-2003, 08:53 PM
Received my shuttle today. The box was in pretty good shape and was taped along all seams. I'm going to keep it boxed for the time being for lack of display space.

gibbspaulus
02-07-2003, 06:13 AM
Give me a moment to gather myself...

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Oh Lordy I am in heaven. It's big, it's heavy, it's grey... Well, if I press the wing release button nowt happens and I have to lower them manually. I also have the wonky wing syndrome where you have to position them properly when they're in the 'up' position.

I can't wait till tomorrow when i have time to set up my ROTJ diorama... it's going to be sooo exciting, lining up all the troops... watching them fall over, domino style, throwing the shuttle out iof thw window in frustration!!!

Oh, and my box was shrink wrapped!!!

plo koon 200
02-07-2003, 11:46 AM
My box was crappily tapped up along the sides. I think FAO opened them for inspection because who wants to send out a toy that is missing pieces when it cost $120.

dr_evazan22
02-07-2003, 07:44 PM
I hadn't noticed about the tape job, but went backa nd double checked, and yep, it was crappily(:crazed: sp? word?) taped.

In respone to the news article on the home page:

I received a phone call from my local store in King Of Prussia PA that they (the store) just got them in and was I still interested in one. I had put one on "hold" last Aug or so. I was told a few hundred people were on the list and never thought it would go anywherem, so I have to say that was good customer service. I explained that I already received one and thanked them.

Thunderstorm1
02-07-2003, 08:08 PM
I received a email today from FAO saying that My shuttle had shipped and they even gave me a tracking number. What sucks is that it is not scheduled to be delivered until next week.

Some of you must have been luckier than me, if you have already received it!:D

But at least I know it is on the way!

OzOtter
02-09-2003, 12:23 PM
Can someone post some pics for scale? I got mine yesterday, but I'm leaving it boxed up. I have to ship it back to Australia, it's too big to fit in my suitcase and too big for hand luggage. I want to open it, but don't seem the point if I have to put it all back in again when I ship it.

Jargo
02-09-2003, 12:49 PM
There's some pics of it stood next to an AT-AT somewhere in this shuttle thread or a different one a page or so back. Someone definately did a size comparison shot. I think it was stillakid. It's about three inches taller than the AT-AT and when you open the box the shuttle is lying on its back diagonally across the boto of the box with the top fin packaged on one side of the box not connected. The cockpit canopy and the passenger hold cover are bagged and taped to the insert packing card. There's another bag containing the instructions for how to operate the wings and how to fix the top fin on.

hang on, I'll repost this image in case you can't find the post containing it.

OzOtter
02-09-2003, 01:45 PM
Cheers, EJ.

Are there many little bits that may not have been packaged? I want to check before I ship it, but if there is little likelyhood of anything being missing I'd rather avoid the hassle.

Thaks for all the info guys. :)

Jargo
02-09-2003, 02:09 PM
No literally there's just the two baggies with the cockpit and pasenger hold cover and the top fin. It's all really securely attached but the baggies might only be attached at one end. if the box is shipped upright there should be no real movement. I had to really pull hard to shift my shuttles from their packaging. Basically the whole ship is pre-assembled, pre-stickered. Just the three chunky pieces to click into place once you open it. The wing guns are pre-attached, the legs and the wing trigger/handhold is pre-attached. The rear compartment that folds down which presumably was the old battery compartment, that's attached already. And it's all cradled in sturdy corrugated card sections top and bottom so it won't rattle around.

OzOtter
02-09-2003, 03:10 PM
Great! No all I gotta do is find a box big enough to ship it in.

Fulit
02-09-2003, 10:06 PM
I still haven't gotten mine. Soon I will start an email and phone campaign that repeats one phrase, continually:

"Where's my Shuttle?"

"Where's my Shuttle?"

"Where's my Shuttle?"

"Where's my Shuttle?"

"Where's my Shuttle?"

OC47150
02-10-2003, 08:25 AM
My shuttle arrived on Friday. It's sweet!

Banthaholic
02-10-2003, 08:50 PM
I got home from work tonight and there it was, this huge box just sitting there, wow!!!
After all the waiting, it's here, my very own Imperial Shuttle. The package was well protected, and the box is in excellent condition. My props to FAO for another great exclusive.
I can read the complaints already about FAO, about the wait the price, wtc...
But the wait was 6 months but, when we get lists of figures they also have long waits, heck we're waiting for 2 '04 figures already. It would have been different if they charged our credit card pack in summer but no they waited, so no complaints about the wwait from me.
The price was a bit heftly, but look at the online vintage price. No electronics is good. I was hoping they wouldn't include batteries and make me choose between being an opener and battery damage. Although they could solve this by having electronics but no batteries in at point of purchase.
I hope FAO get's an exclusive every year. The Famba was and still is one of the coolest EP1 products, it's just so massive! By FAO keep getting exclusives it gives us an additional product every year to consider buying. Would you rather pay $45 for a new cloud car or not have one, I think I'll chose having one.

Jargo
02-10-2003, 10:13 PM
I'd choose a TRU exclusive cloud car over an FAO one thanks for asking. :) For one it'd be cheaper, and another we actually have TRU over here. I'd actually prefer it to be non exclusive so every store had it and everyone could get it.

mark2d2
02-10-2003, 10:23 PM
This Cloud Car HAS to happen eventually. Simple. Hasbro loves to repackage old toys. (And with many of the vintage molds, who can blame them? They are pretty good . . . ) The vintage Cloud Car holds up very well.

Why do so many people find this ship boring? I totally wanted this ship as a kid because it could hold two figures . . . Funny, I have no idea why I never got one. Guess I snagged everything else and it was forgotten about.

Anyway, back on topic, the Cloud Car has to happen as once we've gotten my Sandcrawler that I know --- I KNOW --- is definitely coming, there will simply be nothing left for them to redo. (The only other vintage toy I can see them redoing is the Rebel Transport --- which actually could be kinda cool.) Hasbros new Cloud Car is sure look amazing. Imagine a paintjob with even half the detail of the one on the Sandcrawler prototype. Do this, and I don't care who gets it! But Toys R Us would be great as then our friends across the pond will be able to get one.:D

Then maybe they'll get off their butts and sculpt us an all new ESCAPE POD.:cool:

Beast
02-10-2003, 10:28 PM
Agreed, never give FAO another exclusive as long as they live. And with the way the stores filed for bankruptcy and closed stores, it probably has about as much future as K-Mart. I won't weep when it closes, that's for sure. I'm sure Hasbro is less then happy with them, after the way they handled the Shuttle anyway. :)

The Cloud Car has to happen, because they're running out of ships to make. There really isn't a whole lot left that Hasbro could churn out. Cloud Car, Rebel Transport, etc. So it's sure to happen sooner or later. Atleast this year we're going to get the new TIE Fighter w/ accurate wings. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
02-10-2003, 11:17 PM
Hey --- where the Heck are pics of this new TIE FIGHTER? I'd sure love to see some images. This has the potential to be so amazingly cool.

And --- IS this DEFINITELY going to be RETOOLED? Has it been confirmed?

I would think so, and I wanna think so, but with all of these re-released figures ---- a re-released TIE FIGHTER is NOT that crazy of a concern . . .

Beast
02-10-2003, 11:21 PM
We probably won't see pics for a while, but like any exclusive they could pop up at any time. And yes, Galactic Hunter and I think the Private Universe have both said it would be retooled and feature newly scaled wings. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-11-2003, 06:07 AM
The proof of the pudding is the detailed loose pics. I bet it turns out to be a simple re-release with the same wings. Why, making new accurate wings would mean hasbro actualy had to do some work. It's much easier to just package up an old thing and sell it as new, a splash of lazy paintwork and those fanboys will be lapping it up......

That's a jest BTW, just the hard of humour out there. :rolleyes:

I'm in two minds over this tie fighter business. in theory I want it but having paid out for two very expensive ones a year ago I'm kinda like "can i justify buying two more just for accurate wings?"

Actually, TRU over here doesn't get all their exclusives. I've never seen the landspeeder or lukes x-wing for example. Had to get them through a smaller retailer. Possibly TRU uses their flagship stores to shove the stuff out but the regional ones are really miss and miss. But a global exclusive would be preferable.

I'd quite like for Hasbro to do more smaller vehicles. Say the rebel transport barges from all three bases done in a set and sold as one package. So you get two or three speeders in one box. Then they could do a cantina speeders set and so on. It's all very well and good re-issuing but they all take up a lot of space which speeders don't. Plus speeders are more kid friendly being easier to hold and use.

jediwolf
02-11-2003, 05:31 PM
:) Hello I just got my 2 Shuttle's today,

carnifexold1eye
02-11-2003, 06:01 PM
IT CAME IT CAME!!!!!!!!!!

Lewis
02-11-2003, 06:55 PM
Nice pic EJ, Im happy to see that the guns are on properly and not upside down as in some of the other pics ive seen! :p

chrisc
02-11-2003, 09:14 PM
:crazed: :) :D :cool: :stupid: :greedy: :p Mine came today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Jargo
02-11-2003, 10:26 PM
No, that's not mine, I thought i explained that it was posted by someone else here, probably stillakid and it's the vintage one in the pic but i was posting it so a size comparison could be taken from it. Sorry if I was confusing. No, haven't taken pics of mine yet, Got no batteries for the camera. Plus the old back has been playing up and i can't get up high enough to mess around on the top shelf setting it all up so it's worth taking a piccie. I will though. Soon. :)

Sidiously Darth
02-12-2003, 05:22 PM
I am now part of the Shamed Cast.:(

I've rallied against this thing from the beginning and guess what I did? My Tax Refund came in and I called FAO up and bought one over the phone. No problems what so ever. There seems to be plenty available.

I have to give myself some credit, though. I managed to put one over on FAO by not paying for shipping. Heck, I live in the Orlando area and I can go get it. That's $10 I saved. Take that FAO!:D :eek: :crazed:

I'll give my $0.02 when I get it out of the box tomorrow.

Bent Wookie
02-12-2003, 05:45 PM
Why wait? The more reviews the merrier! :) Hmm...what you just said makes me wonder...are there any FAO coupons out there right now? I'm thinking with the combined power of FAO online coups with my store credit...ding, ding, ding! We could have a winnah! Maybe I'll just have 'em ship it to me and avoid the pain getting this thing to fit in my car! :)

Sidiously Darth
02-13-2003, 07:44 PM
Well folks, I picked up this massive box at FAO and brought it home today. Low and behold there was an Imp. Shuttle inside.:D

I have to say that I'm extremely happy to have one. Thank goodness for my refund check, otherwise, this would not be.

I still can't justify the price but I finally own one. It's much lighter than the gunship. The shuttle even takes up less space even though it's bigger. Go figure...DOH...There are no figures.:confused: (There should be!)

Bent Wookie
02-13-2003, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I went by the store today to check them out. The box is actually a lot SMALLER than I expected. I was remembering a friend's all set up, and I thought it was a lot bigger. It's also a lot lighter than I remember. Different plastic than the vintage? :confused:

The box would DEFINATELY fit in my car, but I didn't buy it yet. Waiting to see how the online coupon thing works out. Still looking...anyone find any good FAO coupons?

So is this thing in pieces that you build together or are the wings just folded up in the box?

I also noticed almost all the boxes were pretty dinged up. Not that it kills me, but if I'm going to spend over a hundred for ANYTHING I want it in the best possible shape. Were most of the boxes damaged in shipment from the factory? :confused:

Sidiously Darth
02-14-2003, 12:04 AM
There are only 3 parts to attatch; the cargo door, cockpit canopy and middle wing.

The only problem I had with mine, once it was unboxed, was the cannons on the left wing were a bit curved. I'm working on straightening them out.

JEDIpartner
05-23-2003, 08:23 PM
I saw the Shuttle at FAO today. The had one out of the box... apparently the last one they had. They still wanted $120.00 for this thing even out of the box. The woman I spoke with was pretty rude and couldn't believe I was implying, in my query, that the price MAY have been lower than listed in the cabinet.

I thought it was pretty cool... but not for $120. I'm glad I passed. I'm glad the rest of you are enjoying it, though! To each his own!!! :happy:

TheDarthVader
05-23-2003, 11:41 PM
I'm excited about the prospect of Kay Bee getting this thing for $99! If my local Kay Bee gets it, I will buy it. I know you can order it now at kbtoys.com but I am going to wait so that I may hopefully save money on shipping charges.

JEDIpartner
05-28-2003, 11:05 AM
I hear ya... that's the only thing that stopped me from getting it even if I DID want it. I'd rather save the $20 on it.