PDA

View Full Version : House Spider VS. Adi Gallia

Deoxyribonucleic
10-23-2002, 11:06 AM
So I'm looking at all my loose figs, rearranging and stuff and I decided to take adi's cape off to see if she looks better without it and holy mother of Charlotte's Web, a house spider laid eggs....the sack is stuck to the top of her back, right below her hair, underneath the cape....crafty lil' devils aren't they! The sack is so soft too!

:Pirate: Arrrrgggg!

Looks like Adi wins 'cause she's still standin' and the sack IS no longer!

WINNA: ADI GALLIA

Anyone else with a story with insects and starwars figs???

Pendo
10-23-2002, 12:35 PM
Hehehe, imagine if you hadn't taken the cape off. One morning you look up at her and notice millions of spiders crawling out of her :sur::eek:!!!

PENDO!

QLD
10-23-2002, 12:46 PM
I am afraid of it happening, because in my new house, I have everything in my basement now. And we have some MONSTROUS spiders down there every now and then.

2-1B
10-23-2002, 01:15 PM
There goes my plan of actually sleeping tonight! :crazed:

:D

kadamontaga
10-23-2002, 01:16 PM
Did you scream?
I would have probably screamed for about an hour, then I would take 16 showers or sometihng. My skin would be crawling for days.
Aaaaah! That's it. My star wars figures are going in the microwave.

LTBasker
10-23-2002, 02:05 PM
Maybe she was Lost in Space one day on a Jedi Starfighter ride. :D

I've seen a few spiders crawling around my dioramas and stuff, but that's mainly because all of Oklahoma is spider country. They're mostly attracted to my room for my SW stuff because it's an out of the way area of the house and not much light goes in there so it's perfect for'em. But fortunately they've finally be getting the idea and only once in awhile do I see'em.

Jargo
10-23-2002, 02:35 PM
I keep finding webs all over my collection. Emperor palpatine had a rather fetching veil for a time. Only seen one spider and it was trying to build a web between two Tie interceptors I have hanging from my ceiling. I swatted it down but it ran behind the shelf unit that runs the entire wall up to my bed........... it's still there somewhere but I'll wait. I'm very patient and I have a large heavy book to drop on it when it does show. Luckily although we see many webs we don't see many spiders. I let one or two stay in the house to eat the flies in summer but come the winter and they're history because they get too big and hairy. Should start to see plenty round about now as the season changes and they all come indoors out of the rain. :D

Deoxyribonucleic
10-23-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
There goes my plan of actually sleeping tonight! :crazed:

:D

I'll send one with the cards hehe

MOOOWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!:evil: :D

Pendo
10-23-2002, 03:22 PM
I suppose the spiders a cool when you're playing with your figures.

"Oh know, it's a huge knobby spider!"

They just don't do as you want :rolleyes:!

PENDO!

Jargo
10-23-2002, 03:33 PM
It's worse when they pick up the wepons and start going "ack-ack-ack-ack-ack-!!!" at you like it's a machine gun. Riding bareback on Mice across the shelf shouting "Yeeeeehaaaaaa!!! ride 'em cowboy.."

Rogue II
10-23-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I am afraid of it happening, because in my new house, I have everything in my basement now. And we have some MONSTROUS spiders down there every now and then.

I'd be wary of one of those spiders trying to mate with your B'omarr monk.:crazed:

But it is all fun and games until you find those bugs riding around on the pull-back mouse droid form the Death Star Accessory set.

JediTricks
10-23-2002, 06:47 PM
This is one of the many good reasons I open everything, I'm confident my 12" figures would have little societies of arachnids and/or insects in the packaging after a few years.

Dar' Argol
10-23-2002, 06:55 PM
Since we are talking spiders, take a look at this beasty that I found in my house a few weeks ago!!! I swear it made the Ackley look small!!!

Battle Droid
10-23-2002, 08:04 PM
:eek:

hango fett
10-23-2002, 08:25 PM
wow! we have the wolf spiders around our area...good thing daddie long legs can't bite...they are the most venoumis(sp?)
oh, and every time someone "passes gas" in school, someone says "that was a california barking spider!" that's the education i get at my school!
h

Jargo
10-23-2002, 08:37 PM
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEpers that's big! holy mother of a donkey lover!!!!!!! you get those regularly? What scale is that piece of timber there. Is that a three inch door jamb by any chance? I am so glad I don't live in a warm country. I've seen some monster house spiders before with legs like tree trunks and hairy like a German girl but that there spider is like that damn thing in Arachnophobia. That's like a bloody facehugger that is. I am definately not turning out my light tonight. *shudders* Oh man I shouldn't have looked.......... :(

Deoxyribonucleic
10-23-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
wow! we have the wolf spiders around our area...good thing daddie long legs can't bite...they are the most venoumis(sp?)
oh, and every time someone "passes gas" in school, someone says "that was a california barking spider!" that's the education i get at my school!
h

that is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time...laughing so hard I'm tearing up here! Thanks for the good bellylaugh hango!!!!!

:crazed:

STANG! That wolfspider is %$#%ing HUGE. When I lived up in Washington in the San Juans we had these spiders we called "The BIG BODIES" and you would know where they were 'cause you could look at the ground and see this white poop all over....I kid you not these things were SO big, they actually had bowel movements??? AHHHHHHHHHHHH! :eek:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-23-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
Since we are talking spiders, take a look at this beasty that I found in my house a few weeks ago!!! I swear it made the Ackley look small!!!

Holy Schnikes! :eek:

I would seriously freak out if I saw a spider that big. I'd consider running outside, dousing the house with gasoline, and starting a fire, just to ensure that it dies. (okay, I wouldn't but only because of the Star Wars toys)

That thing seems like it could eat small children. Looks like it came straight out of a Japanese Godzilla movie. Probably crawled out of some hole right after a country was testing the A-Bomb.

Rogue II
10-23-2002, 10:03 PM
Tomorrow I'll post a pic of a "Camel Spider" from my deployment to Kuwait last year. They are big and hairy.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-23-2002, 10:21 PM
since we are doing spider pics....this lovely little one hangs out in the back garden and turns from fluorescent(sp?) yellow to green to purple and pink...depending on the color of flower it's sitting on but the leg hairs always seem to stay brown and they are about 2 inches long. Whoaaaaa!

But it certainly doesn't beat the big 'un you posted Dar'Argol!!!! That could be classified in the tarantula species it's so BIG!

Deoxyribonucleic
10-23-2002, 10:26 PM
Here's something also interesting. (I have lots of pictures of spiders as I'm SO creeped out by them, I'm totally fascinated by them!!!!)

These are what a spider's spinnerets look like close up!

2-1B
10-24-2002, 12:59 AM
Can somebody please merge this thread with the Eight Legged Freaks thread? :crazed:

DNA, be sure to include a stick of tasty Topps chewing gum so the spider has proper nourishment. ;)

mini-rock
10-24-2002, 03:28 AM
Oh hell no! I don't tolerate spiders in my house. Not only do they totally creep me out, but when they invade my territory, it's on!

Rogue II
10-24-2002, 06:35 AM
As promised....The camel spider. You can see the guy's hand in comparrison.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-24-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II

Oh my GOODNESS!

It's even the same color as a camel! It would probably use our starwars figs as twigs for its nest or something!

Pendo
10-24-2002, 12:08 PM

Holy mother of Jesus Christ!!! What the **** is THAT?!?!? :eek:!

That is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen! I'm glad we don't get them around here.

I won't be able to sleep tonight!

:stupid::sur:

PENDO!

plasticfetish
10-24-2002, 12:54 PM

Obviously a worse threat than the Iraqi army.

I'm normally a pretty big fan of the spiders, but that one is ... ummm ... a bit too spidery.

Rogue II
10-24-2002, 12:57 PM
It's even the same color as a camel! It would probably use our starwars figs as twigs for its nest or something!

Wasn't there a toy/cartoon back in the mid 80s that had guys riding extremely large insects? I can't remember what it was called and I never owned one.

I was trying to post a picture of one of the other critters running around in the desert, but the picture is too big. I don't have any photo-editing software on my computer at work.

hango fett
10-24-2002, 01:59 PM
good god! that camel spider is huge! oh, and thanks DNA...i thought someone would laugh at it! i'll put that in my sig!
h

plasticfetish
10-24-2002, 02:46 PM
OK. Here's a blown out photo of the spider (wolf spider?) that lived outside my office last year ... I fed it flies, crickets and then finaly grasshoppers for weeks. I'd just toss them onto the web whenever I found they'd wandered into my office. It's body ended up as big as my thumbnail. It was one of the most interesting pets I'd ever "had" ... if I could have tossed my cat onto the web, I probably would have.

QLD
10-24-2002, 03:23 PM
Rogue II, I remember that cartoon. It was called Insectors or Insect Riders or something.

Dar' Argol
10-24-2002, 04:24 PM
Just as a point of referance, those Plaster "dots" beside that BIG FRIGGIN SPIDER are about 1 1/2 - 2 inches in diameter!!!:eek:! So I think that spider was about 3 inches long or so. BIG FRIGGIN SPIDER!!!!!:D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-24-2002, 09:24 PM
I heard of having baby, family, nudie photos kept on file--but who would of thunk so many spider pictures?

hango fett
10-25-2002, 11:24 AM
hehe! that's good, LBC! maybe DNA just likes them??
h

EricRG
10-26-2002, 07:30 PM
I love spiders.

Darth Sidious
12-31-2002, 07:10 PM
Sweet mother of Christ, look at what I found!!!!

sith_killer_99
12-31-2002, 09:11 PM
I remember once when I was living in Hawaii, my dog started barking for no apparent reason. She was looking at one of our end tables and just kinda freakin' out.

I went over to see what she was barking at and all I could make out was a little 2 inch dot.

I looked at it closer and the thing unwound into a 8 inch+ long and 1 inch wide centipede!

Talk about freaked out. I had to kill the thing and dispose of it.

Has anyone hear ever had to kill a centipede? It's not an easy thing to do trust me. Centipedes are very fast and venomous.

:eek:

Darth Sidious
12-31-2002, 09:15 PM
I've never had to kill a centipede like that! It's like a Kohoun!!! I hear that those 12 inch ones can actually kill people. They eat lizards and stuff.

Lman316
01-01-2003, 01:13 AM
I had a similar incident happen (with the egg sack on the figures) with me. It happened to my POTJ Tusken.
The spider made the sack between the legs and when I was putting my figures away, I tried to pull this one up, and it made a little ripping noise. At first, I thought it was a dwelling for the spider - so I popped the figure in a container and I tried to open the sack to get the spider to come out. I didn't want to kill it, because I like spiders. Really do.
Anyway, as I said, it was an egg sack and some of the little baby (premature) spiders came wriggling out and eventually died. I felt awful...because, like I said, I like spiders - I have a tarantula, so I'm biased.
I eventually put the whole container in my garage and I hoped the mother could fix the damage I did (she resided farther up the legs of the Tusken and was working to repair it). I still have to get that figure out of the garage as I'm sure they're all gone by now...

Now everyone thinks I'm nuts because I like spiders. :crazed: I only stay away from Widows and Recluses, thank you (or anything else that's seriously venomous)....:p

And if anyone is really that afraid of spiders....just call me or something. There isn't any sense to killing them. It's good luck if they're in your home :).

End...

2-1B
01-01-2003, 02:10 AM
I'm not afraid of spiders, I just hate them. :p
Not because they're creepy or anything, but because they FREAKING BITE. :crazed:

Yeah . . . nothing more pleasant than waking up with a huge red bite that hurts, itches, and feels like 200 degrees to the touch. :rolleyes:

Aside from me dispatching them on site and vacuuming their evil webs, I think they're pretty cool. :D

Darth Sidious
01-01-2003, 09:42 AM
I like Spiders too, actually. As long as they aren't in my room or in the couch (Which I have found them in before) they are fine by me. I usually try to get them on a piece of paper or somthing and put them outside. There are no deadly poisonous ones here. By the way, that was just my Aragog figure, I doubt anyone thought it was real. (A spider with 19 points of articulation?!?) :D

Darth Sidious
01-01-2003, 09:50 AM
Hehe...I can make it look dead too. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-01-2003, 01:54 PM
I found this spider hanging out in my Geonosis Battle Arena playset! It's HUGE!

sith_killer_99
01-01-2003, 02:16 PM
Man, that is one uuuuuugly....

hey, wait a minute.;)

scruffziller
01-03-2003, 11:29 AM

DANG THAT THING DOESN'T EVEN RESEMBLE A SPIDER!!!!!!!
It some freaky looking walking man eating flower.