PDA

View Full Version : Slave I Repaint in EE Catalog?

Prince Xizor
10-23-2002, 05:22 PM
I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me or my moniter colors are getting screwy, but I just downloaded the new Entertainment Earth Catalog and the picture they show of Jango Fett's Slave doesn't seem to be the right color scheme. It seems like its Green and its actually Boba Fett's Slave I. I cut it out so you can view it below without having to download the 19meg file.

LTBasker
10-23-2002, 05:24 PM
Nah, it's just the flash lighting. If you look down at the bottom you can see the regular blue, grey and yellows paints whereas I don't think the Boba Fett Slave I has any yellow, or at least any yellow there.

Prince Xizor
10-23-2002, 05:28 PM
Yeah, now that you mention it. The base is wrong. Sorry 'bout that. I guess I got a little overexcited and didn't pay enough attention.

LTBasker
10-23-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
Yeah, now that you mention it. The base is wrong. Sorry 'bout that. I guess I got a little overexcited and didn't pay enough attention.

Easy mistake, the top does really look green, they must've messed with the image in an low-quality editor that ended up distorting it more than the flash distorted it.

Beast
10-23-2002, 05:44 PM
I'm sure that with the pictures of the A-Wing and the Sandcrawler showing up for next year, that it won't be to long before actual pictures of the Slave 1 repaint do turn up. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Princess_Leila
10-23-2002, 06:32 PM
It's very strange that the Lego version is green. It's definitely red.

Vortex
10-23-2002, 06:52 PM
I'd put my cash on that being the image of the re-issue Boba Fett's Slave I, which is just a new paint deco job from the Ep II piece.

I wonder if EE has it listed on their web site yet...I'll be back.

Darth Detori
10-23-2002, 11:56 PM
That's definantly Jango colors. Look at the base- it's blue.
I develop pictures 40 hours a week and I color correct as well, so I know what looks like what in different light- that's blue. You can kind of tell because it's over-lit, and so the colors are a bit washed, thusly blue becomes green.

Battle Droid
10-24-2002, 12:05 AM
Yeah, it's definately Jango's.

jedihunter25
10-24-2002, 12:14 AM
I work with stagelighting almost everyday and depending on the way it's lit- it can make you think that it's something it's not. I can make that thing look like it's hot pink with safety orange smilely faces pok-a-dots on it with two light fixtures.