PDA

View Full Version : "Like a duck in a noose"

Darth Cruel
10-24-2002, 09:04 AM
At about 4:30 am when I first saw Chief Moose utter those words, it dawned on me that they were not a message that the sniper asked him to say. It finally dawned on me that those were his own words. Or actually the FBI's as they, I am sure, orchestrated the whole thing.

And on a side note: Isn't it just like the FBI stuffed shirts to come up with something as unimaginative as that to compliment the outstanding work those 12 law enforfement agencies and some good tipsters did in catching the snipers?

I am on the west coast and nearly cried when I heard they got those two. And It was very disappointing to find out that Williams is a fellow Desert Storm Vet.

Anyway...congratulations and thank you to the good guys! I, for one, am very proud of them!

Patient Zero
10-24-2002, 10:16 AM
What the hell is the duck suppose to symbolize again!?! Us dullards need it spelled out!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-24-2002, 10:29 AM
Well, they're really not sure it's the actual snipers. So i'm not going to breathe a sigh of relief until it's exposed that these are the guys.

Exhaust Port
10-24-2002, 10:51 AM
Its really sad to see that Americans have resorted to terrorising Americans again. It also seems that once again that the Muslim religion has influenced another person to kill.

<I realize that nothing is official yet but I really hope that these 2 are the culprits so that this terror will end>

Patient Zero
10-24-2002, 10:54 AM
I was just talking to a coworker and they mentioned that the "duck in a noose" line is from a famous poem. She could not remember which one, but swore that it is from a poem.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
10-24-2002, 06:41 PM
As of this afternoon, ballistics evidence has in fact proved they are connected with the killings.

Darth Cruel
10-24-2002, 11:14 PM
It was obvious from jump street that they knew these were the guys. The simple usage of that message is proof of that.

derek
10-24-2002, 11:37 PM
At about 4:30 am when I first saw Chief Moose utter those words, it dawned on me that they were not a message that the sniper asked him to say. It finally dawned on me that those were his own words.

i disagree with this.:) at the time this was said, about 8 or 9 p.m. east coast time, the police had no idea where these guys were, and were continuing to communicate with them thru the media. a lot of stuff chief moose had been saying the last few weeks sounded cryptic at the time, but like the"duck in a noose" saying, it was all stuff the shooter told him to say. i doubt the police and FBI would say something like that, taunting the suspect, unless it was in a movie.:)

Deoxyribonucleic
10-25-2002, 12:01 AM
This from CNN.com...

"You have indicated that you want us to do and say certain things. You've asked us to say, 'We have caught the sniper like a duck in a noose.' We understand that hearing us say this is important to you," Moose said late Wednesday at a televised news briefing, called so authorities could release information on two people sought for questioning in the 13 sniper shootings.

In the ancient story, passed down through generations of Cherokee Indians, a rabbit brags that he can catch a duck. He throws a noose over the neck of a duck, but it flies away with the rabbit hanging on. Eventually the rabbit must let go, landing in a hollow tree stump. The conceited animal has to eat his own fur for food and is embarrassed by his appearance when he finally escapes."

Darth Cruel
10-25-2002, 12:09 AM
I think it makes perfect sense if Chief Moose knew who the sniper(s) was(were) before hand. And you can bet that at 8 or 9 o'clock EST...he did. They were searching the house in Tacoma before that and had the name and fingerprints from the murder in the South and the fingerprint from the sniper's note. Not only that, but they traced the Jamaican bank acount to Williams as well (in fact, I am listening to the news right now and they are saying that the police have known who it was since Wednesday).

The only thing that makes sense to me is that it was a reference to the Native American story about the rabbit, the otter and the duck that was misused in a message to the sniper(s) from Chief Moose. All you have to do is sort out what was message and what was police stalling tactics.

It will all come out soon. But remember you heard it here first.

I am very impressed with Chief Moose's manipulation of the press and Williams in order to catch these two.

vulcantouch
10-25-2002, 12:12 AM
"now we've truly reached racial equality; for once the psycho serial killer Isn't A White Guy!" :D
and
"after this, i hope we can finally lay to rest that old stereotype that black fathers aren't involved in their kids' lives!" :evil:
(and no, my pal Isn't chris rock ;) )
vt

derek
10-25-2002, 04:04 AM
I am very impressed with Chief Moose's manipulation of the press and Williams in order to catch these two

i don't think williams/muhamed was manipulated at all, just plain stupid. if he or the 17 year old had kept their mouths shut and hadn't tried to play out all the stupid movies they had seen, they would of been home free.

this wasn't good police work, just 2 stupid murders who ended up giving themselves away by running their mouths, just like the unabomber. the fact that these guys were caught in the car the police were looking for is further proof they are idiots.

if the story about the rabbit and duck is what the sniper was referring to, it makes perfect sence that the sniper was trying to make the police look foolish. the only reason they were caught is because they didn't change cars, and had to brag and leave notes for the police. but you're right, we'll find out the real story soon enough, on 15 different cable new shows for the next month.:)

Tycho
10-28-2002, 12:41 AM
I'm not sure they knew the car was blue before hand. Meanwhile, maybe they did and they only said they were looking for a white van so the killers would get sloppy.

When stuff about the investigation will really come out is when Chief Moose tries to make a political career out of this "black American hero thing."

No doubt he IS a hero - how smart of one has yet to be revealed.

But Moose will run for mayor, then, Assembly, State Senate, or Congress - unless there's an opportunity to run for Governor.

You don't waste opportunities that the media have given you!

Either it's that, or he has something to hide. If he is as virtuous as "the ideal American Hero" is made out to be, than he is deserving of the election in and of itself - depending upon his politics of course. If he does get there, than he must remain virtuous and not let high office corrupt him. America needs to preserve some modern-day heroes.

Then come the movies or the TV serial - The Adventures of Chief Moose and the Maryland Posse! (The A-Team theme is played out)

Moose, a cop played by Samuel L. Jackson in the likes of U.S. Marshall Sam Gerard ( Tommy Lee Jones in The Fugitive, U.S. Marshalls) must defeat a score of psychotic killers and learn (like Mouldar) to spot the real clues from the false ones that all the other cops are following. Expect guest stars like John Malkovich and Wesley Snipes to play the super-villains of the week. In the first episode, the DC Sniper (played by Dr. Miles Dyson from Terminator 2, Smallville) and his 17 year-old accomplice played by Cuba Gooding, Jr.) sow terrorism around the nation's capital when a Gulf War Veteran returns home and converts to a killing religion!

Future episodes that mirror current events will follow until the Season Finale Cliffhanger, where Chief Moose takes on Saddam Hussein when he's hired to find Osama Bin Laden!