PDA

View Full Version : Dooku, not Sifo Dyas

dr_evazan22
10-24-2002, 02:52 PM
Hot on the heels of the earlier announcement that Stormies are clones (as per the WotC TCG and SW Insider) comes another (not so) shocking announcement:

It was Count Dooku, as Darth Tyrannus, who contacted the Kaminoans to produce the clone army. Please read on, and forgive any spulling errors:) .

TO RULE A GALAXY

Ten years beofre the events of AotC, Count Dooku, using his alias Darth Tyrannus, is in the process of contracting the Kaminoans to begin production of a massive clone army for his master, Darth Sidious. When the army is complete, Sidious can out a stranglehold on the galaxy and overthrow the Republic. Before proceedingwith this grand scheme, however, Dooku must overcome two problems. First, he must find a peerless warrior to provide the genetic template for the clone soldiers. Second, he must eliminate Komari Vosa, his rogue apprenticewho now threatens to undermine Sidious' plans and carry out her own evil schemes. Dooku decides to kill two mynocks with one stone by placing a huge bounty on Komaris head. Thus, not only will he rid himself of his rival but he will also cull the weak among the bounty hunters and find his prime source for his clone. Enter Jango Fett.

This is an excerpt from an article about the SW Bounty Hunter vid game. I like that it "confirms" that it was Dooku, who I always believed was "Sifo Dyas", who contacted the Kaminoans, but I'm not too thrilled about his apprentice.

If she were his Jedi apprentice when he left the Order, she should be good, not evil. And if she weren't his Jedi apprentice, what was he doing w/ an apprentice (since only 2 there are).

Lord Tenebrous
10-24-2002, 06:05 PM
Dooku would have to get rid of his Jedi apprentice somehow before joining the Sith, and maybe the breaking of their relationship caused Vosa to become vengeful and idealistic, wanting to show up her old master any way she could (for any number of reasons, to show she wasn't a failure, to justify her new position in life, etc)

And she wouldn't have to be good or evil. Just look at Anakin. His character fluctuates, but at least for now, his actions are justified by the situation.

But its a video game plot device. It doesn't have to make sense in the scope of the saga. :)

dr_evazan22
10-24-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
But its a video game plot device. It doesn't have to make sense in the scope of the saga. :)

True enough. But, assimilating into the total continuity, as a lot of other vid game stories have been, I would think that:

1. Either Dooku wouldn't have taken on a Padawan b/c of his growing disillusionment. His reason for doing this would be so that the Padawan wouldn't take on his own negative feelings toward the Republic and the corrupt Senate ( a la Qui Gon).

or

2. The JC wouldn't assign Dooku a Padawan, for pretty much the reasons as above.

JEDIpartner
10-25-2002, 12:51 PM
...which then opens the arena again for discussions about Qui-Gon Jinn.