PDA

View Full Version : Will we get a new Super Battle Droid?

Battle Droid
10-24-2002, 03:38 PM
What do you guys think? I really want a new corrected one with 2 points of articulation in each elbow, or at least 2 points in the right elbow, and one that doesn't explode.

Beast
10-24-2002, 03:52 PM
The only thing I have heard at all about a new Super Battle Droid, is a possible Deluxe army building 3-pack. It's rumored to include a Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, and Destroyer Droid. That's supposed to be a 2003 Deluxe set. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
10-24-2002, 04:08 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I hope it's true.

Thanks Jar Jar. :)

JEDIpartner
10-24-2002, 06:02 PM
They'll probably be repacks. If they aren't REALLY new sculpts, I'll be completely upset!

LTBasker
10-24-2002, 06:25 PM
I thought something was mentioned about the SBD being able to apart and interact with the Deluxe 3PO and it's Battle Droid's pieces?

Either way, we really need a new SBD that's well articulated also, it's got the perfect points to where it could be articulated to be posed in various ways, the joints are in the mold basically they just need to put the articulation molding into them, just like 3PO's legs.

Chiesa
10-24-2002, 11:17 PM
I certainly hope that we get a better resculpt of the SBD. I do not really like the "explode" gimmick and I just hope that Hasbro will just give us a non gimmick one! But I highly doubt that Hasbro will give us new figures with new moulds. All I can do is hope that someone will tell me otherwise, if not i will just keep my fingers crossed!! :D

LTBasker, you mentioned something about being able to interact with the deluxe C3P0 and Battle Droid? I really wonder how is that going to work out? Maybe it means interchangable parts?

Jayspawn
10-24-2002, 11:19 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Super Battle Droid. So I don't care when I new one gets made.

LTBasker
10-24-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Chiesa
LTBasker, you mentioned something about being able to interact with the deluxe C3P0 and Battle Droid? I really wonder how is that going to work out? Maybe it means interchangable parts?

Yeah, I heard that at one point, kinda like you'd be able to put the SBD's arms on 3PO or the Battle Droid or vice versa, ya know just have some fun with it. That would be pretty fun to do I think, dunno if that's true though, I think it was just a rumor.

Chiesa
10-25-2002, 05:06 AM
LTBasker That would be pretty fun. I'm not sure if I would like that rumour to be true. I did say I want gimmick free SBDs and I don't know if that interaction thing would be considered a gimmick thing... :D

Cheers
:D:D:D

Prince Xizor
10-25-2002, 08:36 AM
I don't think we are going to get a new mold for these deluxe sets. Since the battle droid and the SBD are two of the toys being taken back, they will probably repack them in the builder set.

SplFrcsCWO
10-25-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
I'm not a big fan of the Super Battle Droid. So I don't care when I new one gets made.

I agree. I feel so stupid for opening all of mine before I tested one. They at least look good lying around "blasted" apart.