PDA

View Full Version : Sniper pulled from Wal-Mart stores near DC

Lord Malakite
10-24-2002, 04:07 PM
Wal-Mart has decided to remove Xicat's Sniper: Path of Vengeance from stores in the Washington DC area, according to a report in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. As you have probably already guessed, the decision was made in response to the series of attacks by the Washington sniper that has resulted in the deaths of ten people and wounded three others since October 2. A Wal-Mart representative said that the game was pulled out of local sensitivity to the subject matter, and that the move doesn't reflect any link between the recent shootings and the game, which was released at the end of September.

Beast
10-24-2002, 04:18 PM
More stupid Politically Correct bullcrap. I am so sick and tired of people blaming this sort of crap on movies and video games. I'm sure that the Crusades, one of the blodiest times in history was because someone was watching or playing somthing like this. Ugh, people make me sick sometimes. I wonder how long it will be before parents groups and activests and the news starts calling for the banning of violent games and movies again. :stupid: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
10-24-2002, 04:30 PM
They already are. This story was mentioned by Bill O'Reilly on Fox News last night, and if you have ever seen Bill O'Reilly, you should already know what he thought.

James Boba Fettfield
10-25-2002, 11:14 AM
Did he go crazy like he usually does? You know, they should also have pulled Enemy At The Gates off video shelves. I bet those snipers were just copying that movie. They should also digitally remove the character from Saving Private Ryan who was a sniper. All these sniper related activities have warped my mind into wanting to start some of my own sniping. God only knows that no person here can make decisions on their own, they have to look to media and entertainment to know how to act. Now if you'll excuse me, I must be off to stop the evil Umbrella Corporation from releasing anymore biological weapons in Raccoon City.

(check out the sarcasm)

Rogue II
10-25-2002, 11:57 AM
I plan on going to the Wal-Mart in Bowie, MD this weekend. It should be considered a DC Area store. I'll look to see if they have this game. (Bowie is where the 13 yr old was shot.)

Lord Malakite
10-25-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
Did he go crazy like he usually does?

He sure did! He went on some wild tangent about how all video games with any hint of violence in them should be banned.

That would be pretty bad if old Bill got his way, since the only thing left would be educational and adult rated games. Of course he is against adult rated stuff too, so that would be gone. Plus, if he saw that hacked rom of "Sesame Street ABC" for the NES over at I-Mockery, you can bet the educational stuff would have to go too.

QLD
10-25-2002, 04:11 PM
I am 50-50 with O'Reilly. Sometimes I really agree with him, others I really don't.