PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here related to someone famous.

scruffziller
10-25-2002, 09:29 AM
Myself no, but I work with a guy who is a direct descendent of President U. Grant. I went to school with a guy whose last name was Hardin that was a descendent of the outlaw John Wesley Hardin. I also know a girl who is related to Carrie Fisher. I know a family that has relation to George Washington and Johnny Carson.

James Boba Fettfield
10-25-2002, 11:58 AM
Lord Malakite and myself are related Will and Orville Wright. That's the only one I know of.

El Chuxter
10-25-2002, 01:12 PM
I understand I'm a cousin (obviously not first cousin, though) of Billy Graham.

My best friend is distantly related to Edgar Allen Poe.

I knew someone years ago who was descended from both John Hamilton and Aaron Burr. (You wanna talk about a split personality? :))

(Edit: I meant Alexander Hamilton. D'oh!)

Pendo
10-25-2002, 01:14 PM
I'm not related to anyone famous :(, but one of my friends is a good friend of Michael Starke who was in a local TV program called Brookside, and is also in The 51st State (Formula 51).

PENDO!

Darth Sidious
10-25-2002, 03:11 PM
I am a direct descendant of Johannes Kepler, the guy who discovered planetary ellipses, and I am distantly related to the royal family of Ireland, I believe.

Lord Malakite
10-25-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
Lord Malakite and myself are related Will and Orville Wright. That's the only one I know of.

Originally posted by Pendo
I'm not related to anyone famous :(, but one of my friends is a good friend of Michael Starke who was in a local TV program called Brookside, and is also in The 51st State (Formula 51).

PENDO!

Well, Fettfield already mentioned who I'm related to. If you want to count friends too, like Pendo has done, my dad used to work for Neil Armstrong among other people, and he even got to BS with him.

Rogue II
10-25-2002, 05:31 PM
My dog was the pet of the week (from the Humane Society) and featured on the local news in Colorado Springs the week before we bought him.

187-Maul
10-25-2002, 06:32 PM
I don't have any famous relatives but my dad knows a lot of astronauts (cause he works at the european space agency)
one french astronaut even was at our place and he saw my maul-figure collection and said "ah, star wars" and said he liked it:)

Boba Rhett
10-25-2002, 07:05 PM
I'm related to Henry the VIII.

Battle Droid
10-25-2002, 07:25 PM
Jesse James, I forget how.

Exhaust Port
10-25-2002, 10:44 PM
If I look back far enough I believe that I can find Adam (or is it Eve) in my family tree. Other than him my heritage has survived thousands of years without anyone noticing us. "Success with Ananimity."

jedihunter25
10-26-2002, 01:53 AM
Darth Vader is my father, Leia is my sister, Luke is my brother, pappy Palpy is my grandpa, Jango is my uncle, and I have ALOT of cousins that looks identical to my cousin Boba. Damn redneck family of mine!!:D

Jedi Master Silas
10-26-2002, 04:28 AM
My best friends sisters cousins uncles brothers friend of the family knows a guy who used to play cards with the uncle of another guy who used to clean Anna Nicole Smiths tiolet bowl. LOL!

My husband is related to "Rikishi" the WWE wrestler.

plasticfetish
10-26-2002, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Jesse James, I forget how.

That's funny ... I'm supposed to be related to Frank James.

Jargo
10-26-2002, 01:53 PM
I'm a direct descendent of Jane Seymour the wife of Henry VIII.

Also this guy is direct antescendent of mine:

Rodney R. Porter Biography

Rodney Robert Porter born 8 October 1917 at Newton-le-Willows, Lancashire, England.

He was educated at the Ashton-in-Makerfield Grammar School taking his Hons.B.Sc. (Biochemistry) in 1939 at the University of Liverpool and his Ph.D. at the University of Cambridge in 1948.

After one year's postdoctoral work at Cambridge, Professor Porter joined the scientific staff of the National Institute of Medical Research in 1949 and was there until 1960 when he joined St. Mary's Hospital Medical School, London University as the first Pfizer Professor of Immunology.

In 1967, he was appointed Whitley Professor of Biochemistry in the University of Oxford and Fellow of Trinity College, Oxford.

Amongst his awards are those of:

Fellow of the Royal Society, 1964
Gairdner Foundation Award of Merit, 1966
Ciba Medal (Biochemical Society), 1967
Karl Landsteiner Memorial Award from the American Association of Blood Banks, 1968
National Academy of Sciences, U.S.A., Foreign Member 1972

He took his Ph.D. at Cambridge under the supervision of Dr. F. Sanger investigating protein chemistry. In 1948 Professor Porter started to investigate the structure of antibodies, but on moving to Mill Hill he worked on methods of protein fractionation collaborating with Dr. A. J. P. Martin. The particular interest was in chromatographic methods of fractionation.

He returned to the study of the chemical structure of antibodies leading to the finding of the three fragments produced by splitting with papain in 1958-59. He continued this work at St. Mary's Hospital Medical School and put forward the peptide chain structure of antibodies in 1962.

Since moving to Oxford he has been concerned with the structure of antibody combining site, of the genetic markers of immunoglobulins and recently in the chemical structure of some of the early complement components.

During the war years 1940-46 Professor Porter was in the army serving with the R.A., R.E., and R.A.S.C., finishing with the rank of Major. He was with the First Army in 1942 in the invasion of Algeria and with the 8th Army during the invasion of Silicy and then Italy. He remained with the Central Mediterranean Forces in Italy, Austria, Greece and Crete until January 1946.

From Les Prix Nobel 1972.

Dr Porter died in 1985.
Rodney died in mysterious circumstances in an automobile accident that had no cause attributable. At the same time as a spate of deaths relating to specific areas of scientific research happened.
Famously Lord Jeffrey Archer immortalised Rodney Porter in one of his thriller books when the main character used Rodney's name to escape detection for some reason.
Might not have movie stars for famous relatives but the ones I've got are good enough for me. :)

derek
10-26-2002, 01:58 PM
i'm related to trinity from the matrix film. not the actress carrie anne moss, but the person of trinity. she's actually my great, great grand neice.

darthvyn
10-26-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I'm a direct descendent of Jane Seymour the wife of Henry VIII.

wait, dr. quinn - medicine woman was married to henry viii?

EricRG
10-26-2002, 08:22 PM
I'm related to Susan B. Anthony. Great(X5) aunt or something.

master jedi
10-26-2002, 09:25 PM
King Henry the 8th. Not sure how though.

The 'Xir
10-26-2002, 09:28 PM
Like LBF I think I'm a distant relative of the wright brothers, but I think that's about the extant of my family's fame!
Although about 7-8 years ago, I once carried Mrs. Baldwins'(Baldwin Brothers mom) groceriers out to her car. She lives in a community down the street from me! It was funny because here she has all these famous and rich sons and she was driving around in this old station wagon, you know the kind with the wood paneling down the side!
Also a buddy of mine from high school that I grew up with, Andy Davoli, Has his first big movie role in that new Vin Deisel movie 'Knockaround Guys". He was in about three episode of 'The Sopranos' but was on screen total for about 6 minutes, and ended up gettting shot in the face to kill off his character!

Tycho
10-26-2002, 09:30 PM
Wait a minute! I thought I was someone famous!

JEDIpartner
10-26-2002, 11:34 PM
I'm a legend in my own living room!

Actually I've been on television programmes in Europe, the USA, Canada and Mexico performing with my old band. Does that count for ME being famous?? ;)

scruffziller
10-27-2002, 12:08 PM
Oh c'mon, you guys are all celebrities to me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-27-2002, 12:10 PM
I am the last remaining descendant of Salazar Slytherin. SHUT UP YOU DIRTY MUDBLOODS OR I'LL SEND MY BASILISK OUT TO KILL YA! :crazed:

TeeEye7
12-30-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm a direct descendant of Rebecca Towne Nurse who met her fate at the gallows as a result of the Salem Witch Trials. She is a character featured in Arther Miller's play The Crucible, as well as movies by the same name.

My great uncle DeWitt "Bevo" LeBourveau played on the World Series winning Philadelphia Athletics team of 1929 (although he didn't play in the Series).

Slicker
12-30-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm related to Slicker's mom.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-30-2009, 08:53 PM
My aunt is into genealogy, so she has done a lot of research. Someone who was a descendant of my great-great-great-grandparents put together a book detailing all of the descendants from those two. Somewhere in there I came across the name of Tim Krumrie, former defensive tackle for the Cincinnati Bengals. He suffered a nasty broken leg in Super Bowl XXIII.

sith_killer_99
12-31-2009, 11:37 AM
Direct descendant of "Eric the Red" and "Leif Ericson" (Leifr Eriksson).:thumbsup: