PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime/Fusion connection revealed

Lord Malakite
10-25-2002, 11:14 PM
Nintendo reveals what happens when players link Metroid Prime with Metroid Fusion.

Though it's been known that Metroid Prime would feature some connectivity features between Metroid Fusion for the Game Boy Advance, Nintendo has been tight-lipped about the details until now. The company has revealed that by completing Metroid Prime and by linking Prime and Fusion via the GBA link cable, players will be able to use Samus' Metroid Fusion suit in Metroid Prime. In addition, by completing Metroid Fusion and by linking both games, players can unlock the original NES version of Metroid, which will use the GameCube memory card save feature instead of the original password system.
Metroid Prime for the GameCube and Metroid Fusion for the Game Boy Advance are both scheduled for release on November 18.

James Boba Fettfield
11-02-2002, 06:49 PM
I saw the trailer for this at the theater today on the big screen. It was great and it has me ready to play the game.

James Boba Fettfield
11-09-2002, 08:37 PM
I just read reviews from several editors about the full version of the game today. They all loved it, even though some of them thought that it would be impossible to bring Metroid into the 3-D world, because of games like Castlevania 64 and such. Anyway, it was a great read and I want this game even more now!

http://cube.ign.com/articles/376/376769p1.html

JangoFart
12-03-2002, 02:59 PM
I rented Metroid Prime last weekend. It was due back today, but I'll be damned if they'll be seeing it anytime soon :)

Put simply: This is one of the best video games of all time. I say that having been a gamer since I got an Atari 2600 when I was 6. I've had my name in a few magazines for high scores and even in the book of all-time high scores. ( www.twingalaxies.com )

Not too toot my own horn do I mention that, but to put forth the notion that I should know a good game when I play one. This game is an instant classic and will be mentioned in the future with the likes of Strider and Ghouls n' Ghosts on the Genesis and Super Mario World for the SNES - some of the greats.

If you own a GC, go get this game ASAP. If not, go buy a GC and this game ASAP.

J

QLD
12-03-2002, 03:45 PM
Ghouls and Ghosts was better on the SNES than Genesis. ;)

I have to get this game soon!

James Boba Fettfield
12-03-2002, 04:21 PM
I spent 10 minutes rolling on a half pipe as a ball because I thought I could do some neat tricks. That's how good the game is, you lose interest so quickly as to why you are on Tallon IV other than to use the morph ball and roll around. Maybe when I play next time I will try to explore more and be a ball less.

JangoFart
12-04-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
Ghouls and Ghosts was better on the SNES than Genesis. ;)

I have to get this game soon!

I disagree with that one. Super GnG on the SNES was fine, mind you. However, it was a completely different game than the Genesis version (although they both had the same terrible ending)

On the SNES, Capcom did away with the Genesis version's ability to shoot up and down and replaced it with this double-jump thingie. I dig the double-jump, but losing the ability to shoot up and down in favor of double-jumping didn't add anything to the experience. For me, at least, it removed some of the playability. Both are great games. But, for me the Genesis version is superior.

J

QLD
12-04-2002, 12:26 PM
I know what you mean, but they added the shooting up and down to the genesis verison. It was not in the arcade, not the SNES. But I can understand you wanting that feature, makes it a LOT easier! :)

JangoFart
12-04-2002, 01:18 PM
Ease has nothing to do with it. If you are a computer gamer, for instance, would leaving out the ability to look up and down on Quake add or detract from the game? It has to do with playability.

And, for the record, Ghouls n' Ghost on the arcade did have shooting up and down. Goto: www.classicgaming.com download MAME and the GnG ROM. You'll see it's in there.

Again, I'm not bad-mouthing the SNES version. I liked it alot. I still have it on my SNES and on my GBA (which is an exact port of the SNES version with the ability to play an "Arrange" version with new stages). I recommend them both. However, for me, double-jumping in the air while losing the ability to shoot up and down is not a good trade off. Now, double-jumping in the air AND shooting up and down would have totally rocked!

And FINALLY, where do you get off getting rid of those Reese pics???? I always looked forward to your posts :)

J

QLD
12-04-2002, 04:00 PM
Sorry JF, I had to go with the ultra cool Magus from Chrono Trigger.

What a great game!

JangoFart
12-04-2002, 04:11 PM
True. Great game and cool pic. But I think Reese trumps any game I've played. lol

BTW: I love the "continental soldier" bit. So sweet :)

J

preacher
01-04-2003, 11:12 AM
METROID PRIME KICKS BUTT!

There are so many little things that happen that just add to the whole experience, for example if you are in a dark area and you shoot your weapons the flash causes Samus's face to reflect on the inside of your visor. There are some enemies that cause massive interference to your visor and create an abundance of static.

The morph ball is too cool for words. You only have to get about 5% into the game before the worlds just explode into these vast landscapes. You have to retread already covered ground constantly, but you don't mind it because the enemies are not the same.

I'm just confused on the timeline with this one. Supposedly it occurs before the first Metroid, but it mentions certain events from Metroid II and III.

Very good game that is true to the Metroid mythos. Only failing is the controls take a bit of getting used to.

Lord Malakite
01-04-2003, 11:25 AM
Metroid Prime takes place right after Metroid, but before Metroid II: The Return of Samus takes place.

mrmiller
01-05-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by preacher
Only failing is the controls take a bit of getting used to.

See the post on "What should a SW fan buy? Xbox or PS2'" to see my views on the Gamecube controller. That beoing said, I own every system but a Gamecube. But with Metroid, I'm going to have to pck one up. I played it a little bit, and it is awesome. I love FPS, and I think hat was the best thing to happen to Metroid.

=MATT=