PDA

View Full Version : Playback of DVD-R'S...

KingOfSting
10-25-2002, 11:29 PM
Hey guys is it possible for a dvd player that's 4 almost 5 years old to playback dvd-r's? it's a sony player and i would like to know before i buy myself some dvds on dvd-r's...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-26-2002, 12:13 AM
This might sound rediculous, but check the instruction booklet? I dunno if they would have it though, since DVD-R's are relatively new. Off the top my head, i'd say no, but hey, ya never know. Try checking the Sony website and find the DVD model you have. There is bound to be some info on it. good luck! :D

mini-rock
10-26-2002, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by KingOfSting
Hey guys is it possible for a dvd player that's 4 almost 5 years old to playback dvd-r's? it's a sony player and i would like to know before i buy myself some dvds on dvd-r's...

The answer would be no. There are currently no Sony players (new or old) that can play DVD-R's.

Hitachi, Marantz, Meridian, Panasonic, Phillips, Pioneer, RCA, Samsung, Sharp, and Toshiba have the only players on the market that can play either DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-ROM, & DVD-RAM discs. :)

darthvyn
10-26-2002, 01:25 PM
yeah, at that age, most likely not. and even now, they will only support THEIR version of burnable dvd's - DVD+R/W

JediTricks
10-27-2002, 01:26 PM
My crappy Apex brand player can read 'em too.

Beast
10-27-2002, 01:29 PM
Eww, an Apex player? I'm suprised it's still working, since they are notorious for breaking straight out of the box. They are the DVD equivelent of a Goldstar VCR. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
10-27-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
My crappy Apex brand player can read 'em too.

Hmmm really. I'm curious, what model do you have?