PDA

View Full Version : Ephant Mon review!!

bigbarada
10-26-2002, 03:09 AM
Well, just got this figure in the mail today and he is absolutely incredible! Probably the coolest Star Wars action figure I have had the pleasure to own!

The first thing that struck me about him was his size on the card, that bubble is huge and I forsee many cards getting bent out of shape just by the sheer weight of the figure inside as they hang on the pegs. Bad for MOC collectors, but something I could care less about.

His sculpting is just awesome. Definitely a new high point for the Star Wars line. For those of you who also collect the McFarlane line of toys, well this figure blows them away. He is completely accurate to the ROTJ puppet, except for some rearranging of his cloak to allow for arm articulation, but that is no biggie at all.

9-points of articulation: head, shoulders, wrists, legs, jaw and tail. Excellent for a figure that would have had a max of four if made in the vintage line.

The only minor area of disappointment is the fact that Hasbro seems to have forgotten how to make action figures that can stand unassisted. For a figure the size of Ephant Mon, the thought of him not being able to stand on his own seems silly. But unfortunately he can't, he topples over because the back of his cloak is sculpted lower than his feet. However, this is easily remedied with an action stand or by putting his cane in his left hand for support. All in all, not really a big deal.

So, overall, I give this figure a very enthusiastic 10++++ out of 10. Definitely one of the coolest figures in the entire history of Star Wars collecting. And to think he was almost a Twi'lek Massuese.;)

Darth Evil
10-26-2002, 12:08 PM
Sounds great. I'll have to hunt one of them down...

bigbarada
10-27-2002, 01:17 AM
Just a small update, the longer I have him out of his bubble the less of a problem he seems to have standing on his own. I guess the plastic robes got a little warped in the packaging, but they seem to be straightening themselves out.

I've actually seen this sort of thing before, my Barada figure from the Skiff Guards Cinema Scene wouldn't stand at all when I first opened him, but has no trouble standing now.

So it's all good.:)

derek
10-31-2002, 12:07 AM
i just saw this figure at wal-mart today. as BB said, he's friggin huge!!! i honestly can't believe hasbro made this figure. it more than makes up for all the little anakins and boba fetts.:)

if i was still collecting the small figures, and had any money, i would of bought him.:crazed:

scruffziller
10-31-2002, 09:36 AM
They have like 17 pallets of Toys in the back at WAL MART and I bet my Ephant Mon is waiting for me in there and there is no help to unload him.:mad:

Chiesa
10-31-2002, 02:12 PM
Great review!! But I think I will keep it in the card till I get my second one to rip open!!

Cheers
:D:D:D

Kidhuman
11-14-2002, 09:44 AM
I WANT THIS FIGURE!!!!! My Wal-Mart stocks shelves like once a week and They never have em. It looks like the coolest figure ever made. Some one help me!!!!!!!!!!!

gsr-jedi
11-21-2002, 11:12 PM
I've heard how big he is, but was shocked when I found him. He actually seems to get bigger when taken out of the package. He is so frickin' cool.

JEDIpartner
11-26-2002, 06:17 PM
he is REALLY heavy. You could do some serious damage with him if you were to hurl him across the room. I, of course, would never do such an unfathomable thing.

Nice detailing... I can't believe it's Hasblah! :happy:

Old Fossil
12-12-2002, 01:04 AM
My dear wife picked Ephant Mon up for me at ToysRUs today. She said there was only ONE on the pegs.

That being said: I thought when I first looked at him that he was out of scale to the other 3 3/4" figures. He's just so BIG. But after liberating him from his packaging (take him out, Chiesa -- you'll be glad you did!) and standing him up next to ReeYees and Tessek, he looks about right.

To reiterate the above sentiment, this is one freakin' cool figure!!! One of the best ever! Kudos to Hasbro!

jedibear
12-20-2002, 02:14 AM
This is a GREAT figure. One of those that I never thought would see the light of day. He does look great posed with the other denizens of Jabba's court...