PDA

View Full Version : Wave 2 Deluxe finds?

INDIANA
10-30-2001, 04:22 PM
This state stuff is still driving me nuts!!

Did you find the Leia/Amanaman?
Where?

Thanks!

Boba Binks
10-30-2001, 05:02 PM
Not until December. :(

OC47150
10-31-2001, 07:32 AM
Indiana is normally slow in getting stuff. We're the black hole of the toy universe.

Sith Worm
10-31-2001, 06:52 PM
A guy at the last show has them now! But at the advice of good Ol' Cole, don't buy them from scalpers because of the new line there will be plenty for all on the shelfs!

SirSteve
10-31-2001, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Sith Worm
A guy at the last show has them now! But at the advice of good Ol' Cole, don't buy them from scalpers because of the new line there will be plenty for all on the shelfs!

What show?

evenflow
11-01-2001, 08:40 PM
I havn't even seen the first two, how can the second two be coming out?

JediCole
11-02-2001, 01:54 PM
The "show" Sith Worm refers to was the October 2001 incarnation of the SciFi Expo and Toy Show (Plano, TX), a.k.a. Bat-Con. A disappointing outing by all accounts. Worm reported to me that there was one dealer with all four Deluxe figures at (if memory serves) $30.00 each! And to make matters worse, people were lined up to BUY them at that price! (This is the same dealer who had $60.00 B-Wings at the SFE&TS in Grapevine a month earlier. He arrived with 30 and left with 30 of these shelf-warmers. I told visitors to my table at that show that I had yet to find a Target that did not have one on the shelf.
Anyway, Worm also told me that another dealer at the October show had mentioned to him that he had three out of four available at $15.00 each. I told him that my slant on the Deluxe line is that they will be readily available at first as they are a brand new SKU, a brand new line. Unlike the POTJ figures, which simply refresh existing assortments causing much angst amoungs we collectors because stockers and orderers at chain stores don't understand that concept, the Deluxe line will require its own, individual, and most importantly - brand new peg placement.

OC47150
11-02-2001, 03:00 PM
I haven't bought from a scalper/flea market vendor/toy broker in a number of years. I figure, I can wait and save the extra cash I'd have spent buying from him.

Beside, in my area, the scalpers/flea market vendors aren't that interested in SW anymore. Other hot toys have replaced them.

Sith Worm
11-06-2001, 06:43 PM
See thats the advice I was talking about good'ole Cole!

JediCole
11-09-2001, 04:41 PM
And tonight, Sith Worm will reap the rewards of taking my advice. I have two of the four figures for him, and at $10.00 each. This is a first, usually he finds all of the stuff first!

Sith Worm
11-09-2001, 11:07 PM
Reap them I will boy these two are sweet now just for Leia and Amanamananananan.....

Sith Worm
11-13-2001, 07:00 PM
Has anyone found him or Leia yet?

JediCole
11-13-2001, 07:45 PM
Frog!
Don't DO THAT! I read the header and though you HAD FOUND Amanaman!

Sith Worm
11-13-2001, 07:59 PM
Don't worry Troche you will be the first to know when i find him, and i will find him...

Mandalorian Candidat
11-14-2001, 09:08 AM
I have to concur with JC. They have their own UPC and hence will have their own specific pegspace. I went to my local W-M last night and found a ton of the first wave stuff. I thought it a tad interesting that all the pegheaders were labeled "Luke w/Bacta Tank" and not one with Darth Maul. I wonder if the PhDs at that store are just going to lump the whole four together under one UPC. I can see that unless these two get sold, it'll be less likely to have the other two stocked since they may consider each of the four to be the same unit. :confused: