PDA

View Full Version : New Nute Gunray?

TheDarthVader
10-26-2002, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know if Hasbro is planning on making a new Nute Gunray figure? I ask because I am thinking about picking up an Ep1 Nute but I will not do it if they make a Saga Nute. Any information is very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-26-2002, 04:53 PM
They are making a Holographic Nute Gunray in a 2-pack with Holographic Lott Dod as a Fan Club Exclusive. No plans are made for a new Nute other than that one. However, we still need these Nutes:
*Nute Gunray with Mechno-Chair. With removable hat, cloth cloak and correct scale.
*Nute Gunray (Separatist). From AOTC
And these Neimoidians:
*Rune Haako re-sculpt. With Darth Sidious holograph on Spider-walker.
*Daultay Dofine
*Tey How
*ackground Neimoidians flanking Tey while seated
*Neimoidian Senators (in Lott Dod's pod)
*Background Neimoidians from the palace
*Gilramos Lebkath
And then we're good until EIII. ;)

187-Maul
10-26-2002, 05:40 PM
I'd love to see a new Nute, especially if he came with the mechno-chair
but I doubt we'll ever see this:(

Prince Xizor
10-26-2002, 06:42 PM
Just pick up the EPI Nute, its a fine figure.

Battle Droid
10-26-2002, 07:12 PM
They are making a Holographic Nute Gunray in a 2-pack with Holographic Lott Dod as a Fan Club Exclusive. No plans are made for a new Nute other than that one. However, we still need these Nutes:
*Nute Gunray with Mechno-Chair. With removable hat, cloth cloak and correct scale.
*Nute Gunray (Separatist). From AOTC
And these Neimoidians:
*Rune Haako re-sculpt. With Darth Sidious holograph on Spider-walker.
*Daultay Dofine
*Tey How
*ackground Neimoidians flanking Tey while seated
*Neimoidian Senators (in Lott Dod's pod)
*Background Neimoidians from the palace
*Gilramos Lebkath
And then we're good until EIII.

*The Geonosis Hanger Neimoidian. (he could come with a Neimoidian Shuttle)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-26-2002, 10:05 PM
Eh, depends, but maybe one Nute is enough. He's an interesting character, but doesn't deserve too many figures. Maybe one more in his outift from AOTC and maybe another one if he looks different in Episode III, but that'd be it.

Lord Tenebrous
10-26-2002, 10:28 PM
Why get the Episode 1 Nute, and not care about a new Saga/AOTC versions? Two words.

The hat.

Jargo
10-26-2002, 10:40 PM
OOOOOH! But the hats are just devine darling..... :kiss:

No you're right, the hats for AOTC were just plain stupid. I like Daultay Dofine's hat. Like a water caraffe. ( did i spell that right? caraff? Carafe? Caraf? carraf? carrafe? never could deal with french words...) And i like the silly hats worn by Lott Dod's aides in the senate pod, simple and small. God alone knows what the silly slugs will be wearing in EPIII. Teepees on the heads, Wombat hats, deerstalker hats, Sombreros, It's like fashion week watching the silly costumes flit across the screen :crazed:

Jayspawn
10-26-2002, 10:46 PM
The Episode I Nute Gunray is a great figure. So I recommend picking it up. I would also like an Episode II Nute also.

Banthaholic
10-26-2002, 11:06 PM
The way things are going if they were to make a E2 Nute it's just end up being a rehash. Additionally a Nute release would probably be placed in the Collection 2 figures. I'd much rather have some one new.

JEDIpartner
10-26-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
OOOOOH! But the hats are just devine darling..... :kiss:

No you're right, the hats for AOTC were just plain stupid. I like Daultay Dofine's hat. Like a water caraffe. ( did i spell that right? caraff? Carafe? Caraf? carraf? carrafe? never could deal with french words...)

I prefer a "giraffe" of wine... :crazed:

Yes, lovey, that hat he was wearing was TRULY divine. Exceptional!!! Now... if Hasblah had made his hat removable like Lott Dodd's hat, we could ahve just gotten a Neimodian Blunders Accessory Pack and they could ahve just given us a new hat for him. I think the basic costume was almost identical to the E1 costume.

Chiesa
10-27-2002, 08:44 AM
Do we really need another Nute Gunray? I wouldn't might a holo Nute but I think that would all...

Cheers
:D:D:D

Jargo
10-27-2002, 12:58 PM
Dale, the AOTC Nute had that lovely brown plastic bib down his front. In TPM he had a cloth front panel. So what they're saying is that Nute has a food problem that he need a bib? :D I'd rather get Daultay, Tey How or any other Neimoidian than another Nute right now.

JEDIpartner
10-27-2002, 01:25 PM
If that noseless sot had a food problem and needed a Bib, he should have called Jabba! ;)

As you can see, I'm not that excited by a new Nute since I didn't really pay attention to his costume details. Okay... so a removable hat for the first one and a hat AND a bib for the Neimodian Blunders Accessory Pack!!! :D

Jargo
10-27-2002, 01:39 PM
Daultay should come with the pilate bird in its cage on a stand, and then if they do release a new Nute he should come with the mechno chair that you could put the mini sidious holgram on. In fact just give the mechno chair, pilate bird, hats and bib, to an accessory pack and shove Daultay in as the figure. Aint no-one made a bigger blunder than Daultay in offending the Sith Lord is there? They could even use the body from the new library droids 2-pack SP-4 and give it a new head and call it the PK droid.

You're the only person I've ever known who uses the word 'sot' it's such an old word. Has a nice ring to it like poltroon. And nincompoop. :D

droidekas2
10-28-2002, 11:45 AM
I think that the Neimoidians are awesome. They are a race of creatures totally obsessed with wealth and status. They show it of to others by their wardrobe and as you say it "silly hats". The hats are the best part. Why does Amidalla get all the costumes. They are no different than many of us.
Andy, fashion week is awesome. One of my favorite shows is Fashion File.

Lord Tenebrous
10-28-2002, 12:46 PM
I like the Neimoidians, too. But there is a subtle line between making a statement and just looking retarded. For AOTC, to quote Nute from TPM...

JEDIpartner
10-28-2002, 12:48 PM
Now THAT'S comedy! :crazed:

JEDIpartner
10-28-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
You're the only person I've ever known who uses the word 'sot' it's such an old word. Has a nice ring to it like poltroon. And nincompoop. :D

Old words have such a wonderfully comedic sound to them... in a class by themselves, actually. That is why I choose to revisit them from time to time! :happy: