PDA

View Full Version : Ships we NEED!

mylow thehutt
10-26-2002, 05:56 PM
Who agrees with me that hasbro should stop makeing repaints of ships he have and start on the ones we need.

QLD
10-26-2002, 05:59 PM
I am happy with the way things are progressing so far.

Beast
10-26-2002, 06:19 PM
I'm happy as well, especially with all the cool stuff we got in 2002 and the news for whats ahead in 2003. Keep up the good work Hasbro, we just need the AT-TE and Twin Pod Cloud Car and I'll be insane with pleasure for next year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Old Fossil
10-26-2002, 07:27 PM
What ships do we need?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
10-26-2002, 07:56 PM
Definately the AT-TE!

Battle Droid
10-26-2002, 07:58 PM
MTT

Jargo
10-26-2002, 09:22 PM
Coruscant air taxi, Coruscant airbus, Coruscant speeders, Neimoidian shuttle, Valorums shuttle, Naboo port air taxi, small yellow skyhopper speeder from lars garage, rebel transport, Naboo royal yacht, Naboo water gondola speeder, gasganos pod, Ody Mandrells pod, Teemto Pagalies pod, RIC-920 with rickshaw speeder, Imperial landing craft, A1 deluxe floater, void spider speeder, Z001-9000 speeder, V-35 landspeeder, rebel hangar transport barge, Echo base troop transport barge, Twin pod cloud car, MTT, Battle droid rack transport barge, Jabba's sail barge, Sith infiltrator, Gungan bongo sub, need I go on.....

mylow thehutt
10-26-2002, 09:57 PM
Oh yeah I"m glade too,but after so many jedi starfighters you gota draw the line some where.

Jargo
10-26-2002, 10:32 PM
I dunno, I can put up with a few re-releases if at the same time we're getting new stuff too. If the rumors are right about some of the newer stuff like the Geo fighter and hailfire droid that's okay, if the new ships get put on hold so some re-issue can take its place then i disagree with that motivation. I persoanlly would buy the same ship if it had a different paint job because it saves me the hassle of doing it myself. If i end up getting les with the second version I.E. no electronics then I wuldn't buy the re-release unless it came with accessories that were cool. But over all I can't see any ship i don't want apeart from another outing for Jango's Slave-1 with just a Jango packed in. But there were many who never bought that ship because they thought the lack of figure made it too expensive. So for those people to get a chance to get what they wanted sort of I think is a good thing. I'll be waiting for the ESB paint job on Slave-1 myself. The Jedi starfighter as will be seen in the DVD deleted scenes was originally intended to be seen in a hangar full of them. Buying multiple starfighters will be on some peoples lists and others want the hyperdrive ring. The smart thing to do would be release the ring seperately but the business oriented thing to do is release the starfighter with the ring so you shift all the old stock out of the warehouse. If the starfighter comes with the ring I'll buy it. Mostly what i think gHasbro is trying to do is one shift all their stock, two, get the stock out to everyone who wants it if they can. and three try to attract the fans who only came in at TPM and missed the whole POTF2 thing.
But at the end of the day, like I said, the old ships re-released is only a good thing if it coincides with the release of new vehicles too. Man cannot live on re-issue alone. If there is one vehicle I want to see this year it's the V-35 landspeeder The white and yellow version seen in Mos Eisley. The reason i say that is that if you're a customiser it's easy to paint over white with black but not so easy to paint over black with white. The action fleet version that's just been released is the version we see in the lars garage and its black. Not that one Hasbro, White with yellow paint deco please.

Jayspawn
10-26-2002, 10:48 PM
I would really like to see the standard TIE Fighter re-issued. And we still need a Sith Infiltrator and a Solar Sailor.

I really like the way the ships are coming so far.

rynobot
10-27-2002, 12:15 AM
Yes, a Sith Infiltraitor is what we need.

Banthaholic
10-27-2002, 12:51 AM
Dooku's Solar Sailer, because that pilot droid is soooo cool.

And although Jabba's sailbarge would be too big to get done properly, maybe make some sort of sailbarge connecting playsets (ie trash compactor). Whatever it takes for me to get an R2-D2 with drink tray!

Darth Evil
10-27-2002, 09:37 AM
I want the Sith Infiltrator and the Solar Sailer. The Sith are so popular, I'm sure their ships would sell well. Go on Hasbro, you know you want to.

Old Fossil
10-27-2002, 07:20 PM
Ah, I was forgetting the Sith Infiltrator. Cool ship, that. All the others are just, how you say, 'sauce for the goose, Mr. Saavik.'

Chiesa
10-27-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Coruscant air taxi, Coruscant airbus, Coruscant speeders, Neimoidian shuttle, Valorums shuttle, Naboo port air taxi, small yellow skyhopper speeder from lars garage, rebel transport, Naboo royal yacht, Naboo water gondola speeder, gasganos pod, Ody Mandrells pod, Teemto Pagalies pod, RIC-920 with rickshaw speeder, Imperial landing craft, A1 deluxe floater, void spider speeder, Z001-9000 speeder, V-35 landspeeder, rebel hangar transport barge, Echo base troop transport barge, Twin pod cloud car, MTT, Battle droid rack transport barge, Jabba's sail barge, Sith infiltrator, Gungan bongo sub, need I go on.....

Alot of cool ideas and possibilities there Jargo!!

Rogue II
10-27-2002, 09:39 PM
Twin Pod Cloud Car, Echo Base Troop Transport, Rebel hangar Transport, and Escape Pod are at the top of my list.

allenj456
10-28-2002, 11:24 AM
i would really like to see a Skiff that we all could actually find and afford!

sicqnus
10-28-2002, 06:09 PM
Planned for 2003 :

- Tie fighter with pilot (I hope it will be a new one with bigger wings and a correct body).
- Sandcrawler with Jawa and RA-7.
- Firewall Wheeling dro´d "Hailfire".
- Homing spider dro´d (big).
- Spider dro´d (smaller one, deluxe blister).
- Tie Bomber in Saga packaging.
- A-Wing "green leader" with Arvel Crynid (repaint).

What Hasbro has already been talking about :
- Cloud Car (planned to be a POTJ exclusive... maybe later).
- Sith Infiltrator (thinking about it but nothing released yet...).

What Hasbro should think of :
- Hyperdrive ring for Starfighter.
- Gungan Sub (beautiful vehicle).
- Re-issue of the impossible to find Y-Wing fighter.

I'm quite sure we will see the AT-TE in the future.

My favorites are : Sith Infiltrator, Gungan sub and a new Tie Figter.

Dear Santa "Hasbro" Claus, please hear my prayers...

Beast
10-28-2002, 06:16 PM
The Hyperdrive Ring is coming with the Jedi Starfighter next year. No word on whether the ship will be retooled or re-painted or what. But it is coming according to retailer lists. You also forgot the Geonosian Fighter, which is listed as coming next year in retailer lists. As well as Anakin w/ Swoop and Dooku w/ Speeder. And the Slave 1 re-paint in Boba Fett's ESB color scheme. :)

Hasbro can't re-issue the Y-Wing, their contract with Target according to Hasbro at Cel. 2 states that anything done as an exclusive for Target cannot be re-issued unless it's thru Target again. Not sure if they can create an all now sculpt and market it, as Hasbro didn't answer that. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

fourtwo
10-28-2002, 06:25 PM
so if we want the ring we have to buy a new starfighter?
ridiculous!

Beast
10-28-2002, 06:30 PM
Yep, so far that's the only way to get it. Hasbro had the ship costed and designed by the time the Hyperdrive Ring was added to Episode II. So there wasn't time to add it to the current ship, not to mention it would have raised the price of the ship above what it was already costed out as. Hopefully the ship will also be redesigned, or re-painted. Maybe they can give it some battle damage like Obi-Wan's had when he landed on Geonosis. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
10-28-2002, 07:30 PM
Maybe the new Jedi Starfighter could be the blueish one from the Jedi Temple hanger.

Prince Xizor
10-28-2002, 08:17 PM
The only way I would pick one up is if it was significantly retooled, or repainted. A blue one might just be enough...

LTBasker
10-28-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Maybe the new Jedi Starfighter could be the blueish one from the Jedi Temple hanger.

There wasn't any blue one, they were all red and white, it was just shading and lighting that cause them to appear bluish. Some appear more blue than others but that's because they're in more darker areas but they have bluish white lights that are pointing down straight on them but it's not a really clear light so it makes it look blue.

Battle Droid
10-28-2002, 08:26 PM
The one in the front sure looks blueish to me.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/jeditemplehangar/img/movie_bg.jpg

Beast
10-28-2002, 08:30 PM
Yeah, that one in the front on the right hand side is definatly blueish green. All the rest look red, no matter where they are in the hanger. That's the only one that appears to have a differnt color scheme, so I don't think it's the lights. Maybe that's Mace Windu's. After all he got a purple lightsaber, maybe he had to be different and get a blue/green Starfighter also. Damn snobbish Jedi Masters. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
10-28-2002, 09:00 PM
That's just the lighting. There's a huge spotlight picking it out from directly above. Shine a light that bright onto something and it washes out the color. In that part of the hangar there are no amber colored lights like in the rest of the hangar. The amber lighting brings back the red of the starfighter. The absense of that amber on those two or three in the right hand corner of frame means there's a bleaching out effect. Look at the starfighter nearest to bottom right. There's a spotlight hitting it and where the light hits the color is bleached away. The Jedi are unlikely to use blue or green starfighters since the red and cream are representative of the republic peacekeeping core. Otherwise there would have been blue or green republic gunships and AT-TE's.
Most likely if anything to keep costs down on the re-release of the Hasbro starfighter they'll seal up the blast off wings so the body of the ship is one whole thing. They'll have to retool it to attach the ring to it anyway. The attaching mechanism on the ring would slip off the way the starfighter is right now. Personally I think the ring will be sold seperately. All we have is a listing in a retailer catalog to go on and they aren't exactly accurate in description. It's possibly miscommunication that gave us ' jedi starfighter with hyperdrive ring' where it probably should have read ' jedi starfighter hyperdrive ring - electronic' or something. I'd be very surprised indeed if they release the starfighter three times in rapid succession.
I can't remember which online store listed a case of vehicles for next year that contained 'hero vehicle' but to my mind that sounds like the cloud car as it's a mid sized vehicle. I'm probably way off beam but it would be nice to think it would make it's way to general release rather than be some store exclusive. Of course that would mean there'd be a pilot on the way which has been rumored for a long time too. speculation only though.
But then there's a lot of what ifs and maybes to go counting chickens...

Turbowars
10-28-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Banthaholic
Dooku's Solar Sailer, because that pilot droid is soooo cool.

And although Jabba's sailbarge would be too big to get done properly, maybe make some sort of sailbarge connecting playsets (ie trash compactor). Whatever it takes for me to get an R2-D2 with drink tray! There's a custom R2 bartender over at RS, check it out. It needs some glasses on it, but for the most part it looks good.

Turbowars
10-28-2002, 10:16 PM
All we need is a OT Cloud car.

mark2d2
10-30-2002, 07:04 PM
Turbo, usually I agree with you. But I think that there are three that simply MUST be done for me to be satisfied.

1) Escape Pod. (Totally Redo this one with a movie accurate mold!) C'mon Hasbro! This is an important ship! Make it already.

2) Bespin Cloud Car. (Just a repaint is fine by me, thanx.)

3) Rebel Troop Transport. (Minor retooling. Eliminate the 'carry-case" and create a couple of rooms inside or something.

With these three done I could retire from collecting a Happy man.
I still can't believe that I am finally getting a Sandcrawler. YeeHaw!

Turbowars
10-30-2002, 07:12 PM
Mark2d2, did they make an vintage Escape Pod? I always wanted one.

Jargo
10-30-2002, 07:40 PM
it was in the land of the Jawas playset. The US Kenner version not the UK Palitoy version. basically it had an end that came off. Wasn't too big but you could cram the droids in there. A new one should be at least twice the size since it's easier to be accurate these days with better methods of making toys. An escape pod from the Tantive IV holds four humans. If they just made it big enough to cram four figures in that'd be cool.

sicqnus
10-31-2002, 02:56 AM
This escape pod was really bad looking, it was just a piece of grey plastic and it didn't looked like a pod at all... (children had more imagination in the past I mean...).

About the upcoming Naboo figter with pilot, I just hope they (the big H) will add another color to the R2 unit dome...

Beast
10-31-2002, 03:09 AM
Well, depends on who the pilot will be. If they just pack in Padme with the Naboo Fighter, it would remain R2's colors. So let's pray that it's a generic pilot. I'm still hoping they go the extra mile and crome the underside. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
10-31-2002, 09:51 AM
Or at least paint it to match the royal starship with that silver sparkly paint. Not brilliant but better than plain grey plastic.

Beast
10-31-2002, 12:15 PM
Yeah, painting it with silver sparkly paint would work also. But since they ship is going to be exclusive, it's going to be probably about $30. So Hasbro should just chrome it, for that kind of money. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
10-31-2002, 10:05 PM
Here's an interesting article from the private universe:
SCOOP - 3 3/4 Vehicles for 2003
Pete [Editor] Thursday, October 31st 2002 - 10:20:06 PM

The scoops are coming thick and fast thanks to ScoopTrooper...

I have confirmed news that the following are due out in 2003...

Repacked Snowspeeder with Luke & Dack
Repacked Tie Bomber with pilot
Naboo Fighter with Padme pilot figure
Sandcrawler (due April)
Slave 1 with Jango Fett
Tie Fighter with Imperial Figure
Shuttle Tyderium
Republic Gunship with 3 clone trooper figures

You heard it here first. These are NOT rumours trust me, ScoopTrooper is a very well connected source.

I can confirm that the Shuttle DOESN'T come with a pack in figure on first release. However as the Republic Gunship is reshipping with 3, yes 3, figures, who knows if the Shuttle will re released with a pack in figure shortly afterwards.

I said keep it TPU for more scoop news... and I delivered it. Check back for even more soon!

Likely it's accurate.

Beast
10-31-2002, 10:18 PM
Repacked Snowspeeder with Luke & Dack
Repacked Tie Bomber with pilot
Naboo Fighter with Padme pilot figure
Sandcrawler (due April)
Slave 1 with Jango Fett
Tie Fighter with Imperial Figure
Shuttle Tyderium
Republic Gunship with 3 clone trooper figures

Thanks for the update Jargo. I guess it's going to be just the Naboo fighter w/ Padme. I wonder if us in the states are going to get the re-packaged Snowspeeder. It never was a hot seller, and was hanging around after all the TIE's were gone.

No suprise on the Naboo Fighter w/ Padme. Oh well, unless the ship is different, I don't need to buy that one. If the ship is retooled at all, or the bottom is painted shiny silver, I may get it.

Hmm, TIE Fighter with Imperial Figure? Maybe it's not going to be another TIE Pilot after all. I would love to see them take the POTJ Imperial Officer body and just use the TIE Pilot chest section of the head. Heck, give it a removable helmet if they want. :)

Gunship w/ 3 CloneTroopers? Well, 2 of them will likely be pilots, since you need the two gunner bubbles. I wonder if the third will be the red one, or a modified Preview CloneTrooper. I wouldn't mind seeing them giving one of the green or blue Clones either. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Imperial Monarche
10-31-2002, 11:29 PM
i heard dat the TIE Fighter was suppose to be re-issued in 2003 in the new boxes, but it didn't say anything about it being remade which really sucks. plus, i said this before and remember making a popular thread out of it, who wants to see a millenium falcon made to scale with the figures, actual scale two like a cockpit with 4 seats and an entire cross section. that would be real nice, but big and expensive but thats what star wars toys are all about. look at the lego star destroyer.

Lewis
11-01-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Or at least paint it to match the royal starship with that silver sparkly paint. Not brilliant but better than plain grey plastic. Talking of the Royal Starship...I have one unopened and mint, dont know if to open it for my girlfriends kid or sell it or save for the future,what do you lot reckon?:p

Jargo
11-01-2002, 11:24 AM
It's a fantastic toy for the kids Lewis. The play features are cool with al the sounds and the lift/elevator and the jettison/blast away feature on the wing. The interior is really nice for encouraging creativity. The escape pod is popular with my youngest nephew. The remote control droifd fighter thing is pretty cool too.
It really depends upon the value of it. Do you want to make money off your toys or not. I'd say let the kids play. There are better more lucrative pursuits for getting money fast. The biggest thing to teach kids though is that it's not cool to destroy toys. I weep at what my nephew did to a POTF electronic snowspeeder and a naboo fighter... :(
Also, you'll need to check the batteries on that starship, leave them in too long and they'll probably corrode.

JJB, the re-release of the snowspeeder will be because it was a store exclusive probably. Get it out to more people. same with the tie bomber. Can't see a reason why the tie fighter wouldn't come with new wings at least. That'll be released to get it to new fans and younger fans. All the re-releases make sense apart from the slave one with jango. Stuff that and just do an ESB paint job on it. Jango schmango give us boba fett's version.
Still no news on the twin pod cloud car apart from the action fleet version coming in a wave with the gian speeder (with captain panaka and a-wing with pilot. Due 1st quarter of 2003.
Where;s the 3 3/4 scale version then? And the cloud car pilot figure?

Prince Xizor
11-01-2002, 11:42 AM
Wasn't there any early rumor that the Slave I packed with Jango Pilot was going to be a Kmart exclusive?

Beast
11-01-2002, 01:01 PM
Yep, that was the early rumor. K-Mart was supposed to have it, and the Jedi Starfighter w/ Obi-Wan. K-Mart's financial difficulties caused Hasbro to shift the Exclusive to KB Toy Store. I'm betting that the same thing will happen with the Slave 1 w/ Jango: Pilot.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
11-01-2002, 03:45 PM
Hey JJB, what part of the US do you live in? You always say that things there are peg/shelf warmers (SNOWSPEEDER) While in So CAL all things fly out the pegs/shelf, but JJB and a few others. It strange how distribution is so different or how collectors collect.