PDA

View Full Version : 2 pack MOTU sets

Jedi Master Silas
10-26-2002, 06:47 PM
I just found a 2 pack MOTU fig set at Target with He man ans Skeletor....are they planning on coming out with more??? Is this a Target exclusive??? Did I miss somehting because I did not know there were going to be figures sold in a 2 pack form. In case you havent seen them the package is very nice looking with a comic in between the figs.

Beast
10-26-2002, 06:54 PM
It's a Target Exclusive set. The figures are exactly the same. The only other store exclusives that I am familiar with is all figures from Series 1 are being packaging with exclusive Collector's Cards for sale at K-Mart. In other words, it's just an attempt to get people that bought the original versions, to buy them again. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Master Silas
10-26-2002, 07:30 PM
Seems like that's catching on with toy companies.....thanks Jar Jar.
Oh BTW what does HH mean??

Beast
10-26-2002, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. Atleast Star Wars figures haven't been plagued with re-paints. Of course, Hasbro's G.I. JOE line has, so I can't count them innocent in all of this. :)

It's "Happy Hunting". :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
10-26-2002, 10:52 PM
I've seen these start to show up. It's a nice set. The same figures of course for the same price of 2 singles. Too bad I bought the figures already.

sith_killer_99
10-27-2002, 10:04 AM
I plan on buying a a couple of the MOTU figures, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Is this 2-pk set worth buying? Does anyone have pics? Are they just the same ol' cards placed inside a new pkg.? Like the 2-pk K-Mart SAGA stuff or sams club 2-pks (from EP1)?

Jedi Master Silas
10-27-2002, 06:32 PM
Look for the 2 pack sith killer they it looks very cool....I agree Jay..I wish I hadnt bought the figs already. Are there going to be more???? Maybe other 2 packs with unreleashed figs??? (crossing fingers)

Jar Jar.I've been a sucker to the GI Joe repaints....I have to admit I've bought several...but I really do like the diffrent look.

Eternal Padawan
10-30-2002, 01:48 AM
The Joe repaints have actually prevented me from buying some of the figures. I'll like one repaint, but not the figure it comes with. or I'll like the new figure but not the repaint on the already released one. For instance:

I liked Scarlett, but not Zartan, so no buy.
I didn't like Dayglo green Stalker, so I won't get the figure it comes with.
I like the darker green Stalker, but the Zartan looks like a clown, so no buy.
I don't like the Scarlett OR the black StormShadow.

So far, the only figures I might get are the BeachHead with Mindbender and Flint with Baroness.

Jedi Master Silas
10-30-2002, 02:46 AM
OH MAN!!! I did the same thing...but..I have a toy crazed husband who tossed them in the cart when my back was turned so I have all of them I think. So you dont have a new Zartan at all??? I wasnt overly fond of him until I freed him from his plastic prison. I actually like him now and also his hood comes off whcih I thought was kind of cool. I love the Scarlett figs, and yep the Mindbeder and BeachHead are my favorite so far with the Snow Serpent coming in close in second. Lee's Toy Review #121 has some Joe figs I havent seen before. It's worth a look.

gsr-jedi
10-30-2002, 08:27 PM
I just stopped at Target today and the MOTU figures are on sale till Saturday for $5.88.

smurfvader
10-31-2002, 07:00 PM
Actually if you look at the price of the 2 pack I believe you will find it costs more than 2 individual figures. So basically your paying for a free comic.

JIm