PDA

View Full Version : What's you're favorite R. McCallum quote?

2-1B
10-30-2001, 05:43 PM
Wow, for a long time I always gave him the benefit of the doubt while other fans cracked on him, but I laughed out loud at so many of this guy's comments during the DVD documentaries! So many of the fan criticisms seemed to gain instant credibility with me.

I think it would be fun to relive some of his greatest comments.

Let's go!

Bel-Cam Jos
10-30-2001, 06:00 PM
Goin' prospectin' agin!

http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=8&PID=4134
We done already had arr-selves some good talkin' on this here topic a-time back. Woo-hoo! (sounds of guns a-blazin' in the background)

master jedi
10-30-2001, 06:05 PM
My favorite R. McCallum quote is 'This is f***ing awesome!'

Eternal Padawan
10-30-2001, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi in the old forums
Qualifications? Uhhhh. Heh. I...uh..I worked on the...uh, the Young Indy Chronicles with ummm...George. And...uh...I..I made a movie called Radioland Murders with...mmmmgeorge....What? No. No. It didn't do to well.....Ummmm...yeah. That's about it. I eat a lot of potatoes...does that count? No? Okaaay....ummmm....Yeah. that's about it...I think... YEAH! No. Wait. No, that's about it. The uhhhh Indy thing and the other....thing..the Radioland Murderthing ..... Yup. Those are my... quali.. qul .. qualifications...<<SIIIIIGH>>>

(Quietly Begins Sobbing)

Man. You gotta love the classics...;) :) :D

JediTricks
10-31-2001, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos III in the old forums
"[1]George... [2]genius... [3]vision... [4]future... [5]brilliant... [6]amazing!"

Yes, that's right, McCallum just says these 5 words, and lets the article writer fill in the rest.

So now Rick can't count, either? :) Lay off the guy! He can't tell interviewers too much, the film's still in post-production, and yes he's worked with George a lot. I think most of us would send our left arms and feet in a FedEx container, plus a kidney, paying the highest Postage & Handling, just to be wheeled in blindfolded to get a .05 second look at a blue screen on the set and then thrown out. Ahem, or something like that.

Wow Bel-cam, your descendants are real brown-nosers. ;)

Originally posted by JediTricks in the old forums
"George" isn't really a word so much as it is a name. "McCallum" isn't really a producer so much as he is a spineless jellyfish.

And a new one...
-------
"George, the boys in Legal just called to let me know that you haven't renewed my contract with Satan for Episode 3. Is there something I should know? Is it something I've done, something I haven't done? Why don't you think this over while I go get you another hot buttered creme-filled doughnut."

JEDIpartner
10-31-2001, 02:26 PM
"F**k!" definitely "F**k!"

Eternal Padawan
10-31-2001, 02:46 PM
"Well, I just don't think you're right for any part in the movie Mr. Jackso...OW! Why'd you smack me on the back of the head, George? I mean Mr. Lucas. Ohhhh...We want Sam in the movie? Oh. Okay... Sam, buddy? Listen...have I got just the part for you..."

Fulit
10-31-2001, 03:24 PM
Any comment where he curses for no apparent reason. Wait, that's most of them. This guy has the foulest mouth in Star Wars. I thought I swore a lot for no reason until I watched the DVD.

2-1B
10-31-2001, 06:21 PM
I like the part on the DVD where he gets Ewan on the phone and calls him

"Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude"

I got a kick out of how "cool" the guy is!

bigbarada
10-31-2001, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks

Wow Bel-cam, your descendants are real kiss-asses. ;)

kiss-asses (sorry just testing the waters to see what curse words are allowed on here)

Jargo
11-01-2001, 08:58 AM
So it's one rule for members and another for the moderators is it? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! *shakes fist in air* Get orrf my laaaand!!!! :mad: :p ;)

JediTricks
11-01-2001, 09:24 AM
That one was never censored as-is, only in certain contexts. However, if it is used beyond reasonable moderation, I guess it'll get auto-censored again.

btw, check for my "revisionist history" (a reference to Lucasfilm and other recent issues) of that quote. ;)

2-1B
11-01-2001, 01:16 PM
Wow, I read through that old thread and there are some classics. However, I think none of the invented quotes can compare to Rick's own words.

The funniest one I can bring to your attention is found at the beginning of Web Documentary #10 on Disc 2 when Rick states that

"My sole function in life is to make what George wants physically happen."

El Chuxter
11-01-2001, 02:21 PM
My favorite Rick quote is not by him, but about him.

When I forced my girlfriend to watch "The Beginning" and the other documentaries, her exact words were, "Who does this guy think he is? He's not the director. He's just like some random jack*** who I don't want to have to watch!"

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-01-2001, 04:06 PM
mine is the same as mater jedi's...it's pretty funny...

Mandalorian Candidat
11-01-2001, 06:56 PM
Wow! You guys must have amazing hearing. I can only make out muffling sounds coming from Ricky-dick since his lips were perma-bonded to G.Lu's derriere during the SE production.

yukface27
11-01-2001, 11:16 PM
It has to be whenever he says the "f" word. When their all at the first showing of Episode I and he says "This is ****ing awesome!" thats really cool. That has to be my favorite line of his. When he's talking to Ewan, that's funny too.

yukface27@hotmail.com

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 09:31 PM
"We don't want to push the envelope. We want to lick it.":confused:

stillakid
03-21-2002, 09:50 PM
If you guys don't cut it out, he won't grant anymore interviews to the Insider and ...

On second thought...

2-1B
03-21-2002, 11:54 PM
When A&E were about to show their Lucas Biography, I assumed we would get some nice sound bites from Rick. Sadly, he was not involved ! :cry: Peter Travers from Rolling Stone filled in nicely though ;)

I'll have to rewatch the Special Edition segments, I know he talks about Joh Yowza there . . . that should be great :crazed:

JediTricks
03-23-2002, 12:47 AM
Every sound that comes out of McCallum's mouth bites! :D

Taichi
04-11-2002, 09:55 AM
Hmm, considering how closely related His lips and George's *** are, I figured they were the same person.....

but the "F" word rules.....anybody who uses the "F" word is "F'ing awesome"

Samuel L. Jackson uses the "F" word all the time.....I was hoping he'd bust out the Pulp Fiction lines, just once, in TPM.....

"You refer to the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the force, muthaf**ker, you think it's this boy?"

okay, so Sam can get away with it......Rick just looks like an over 40 loser, who's trying to relive his childhood......

DeadEye
04-11-2002, 08:33 PM
lol

Taichi
04-12-2002, 08:05 AM
I'm serious!!!, I'm not trying to be funny :D

Rick has his head so far up George's hieny, that he's practically sitting on Rick's lap!!!

Rick has his head so far up George's hieny that he can taste what George had for breakfast!!!

okay.....those were lame......

but it's true!

Bel-Cam Jos
04-12-2002, 05:58 PM
but it's true!okay.....those were lame......

It's true that it's lame? Don't be so hard on yourself, Taichi! :rolleyes: By the way, are you any close to Youngstown or Cleveland?

I heard a new quote: "I just can't wait until my program defaults the day after Episode 3 is released! George and ILM sure outdid themselves by creating such an annoying CGI character as me!"

Taichi
04-12-2002, 07:09 PM
No, I'm nowhere close to Youngstown.....I'm really stuck out in the middle of Ohio, in some hole-in-the-wall town called Loomis

gibbyhayes
04-16-2002, 08:20 PM
Rick seems like the kind of guy who wears gallons of cologne, ha

gibbyhayes
04-16-2002, 08:27 PM
Rick seems like the kind of guy who wears gallons of cologne and tanning creme. He calls his associates "Dude" "Guy" and "Bro". His cell phone probably has a cell phone. Lets face it, he's the cool guy GL met whose gonna help him get laid, or at least try... I hope Lucas's kids call him Uncle Creepy.:Pirate:

Beast
04-18-2002, 12:01 AM
A nice new one, from an interview he did with the Associated Press about Episode II. He lets us know what he thinks of us fans, in his own special way. :)

Fans have heaped scorn on the B-movie title of "Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones," a film expected to follow its four predecessors as Hollywood's blockbuster hit of the summer.

Rick McCallum, producing partner of "Star Wars" creator George Lucas, said fans initially derided most of the series' chapter tags including "The Phantom Menace" and the original film's "A New Hope." They eventually embrace the titles as befitting the story lines, he said.

"That's part of the fun of it," McCallum said. "There is a group of people who are seriously deranged, and who we love dearly. That's what makes "Star Wars' work, in a strange way."

Whooo Hoooo, being called seriously deranged by Rick McCallum. Isn't that a little like the pot calling the kettle black. Hey George, may wanna put a gag order on ole Ricky Boy. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-18-2002, 12:07 AM
"That's part of the fun of it," McCallum said. "There is a group of people who are seriously deranged, and who we love dearly. That's what makes "Star Wars' work, in a strange way."

He's speakin' like it is though.

2-1B
04-18-2002, 12:18 AM
Good one Binsky!
It reminds me of his response to the Seattle guys, when he said they were nuts and he absolutely loved it. :D

But . . . gag Rick ? :eek: How would we replace the humor ? :D

Beast
04-18-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Good one Binsky!
But . . . gag Rick ? :eek: How would we replace the humor ? :D
I dunno, maybe have Ahmed Best in the rubber Jar Jar suit go around and do Rick's interviews for him, in charecter. :D And I know it's sadly true Wolfwood, but that's what makes it so funny. Noone else but ole Ricky boy would dare say somthing like that about the loyal fan base, fearing that it would be taken wrong. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
04-19-2003, 03:54 AM
C'mon !
The AOTC DVD has been out for almost half a year, where are the quotes ?!? :D
Actually, the Rick Factor seems diminished on AOTC vs. TPM - the setup of the documentaries seems less Rick-oriented.

I can't give any direct quotes right now, but I have to mention this because I keep forgetting -

What's up with Rick's proclivity to food references? :confused: :D

NO, I am not going for the easy fat/food joke here, I think it's genuinely funny. :) Rick talks at least twice about how (I'm paraphrasing) "we set it up and shot it before lunch" and then later on I think he is talking about Eric Tiemens and Ryan Church's work when he says "we finished it after lunch." :D

I know "lunch" is a good reference to time; he's using it as a benchmark when describing the speed of their work. :) Still, coming from Rick it just sounds so funny. He has such a carefree "aw schucks" attitude. I love it ! :crazed:

TheDarthVader
04-29-2003, 09:56 PM
This is out of a recent magazine. Rick says, "You're only a producer if you're makinga movie, and you're not if you're not." That is kinda stupid but funny to me.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-12-2003, 01:51 PM
It's been a while since Ricky-dick has put any terrific one-liners out there for us to mock, but my absolute favorite was mentioned previously in this thread. In fact, I had it as my tag-line signature for several months because it was so craptacular. He was speaking at some conference/seminar on digital filmmaking or something of the sort discussing some new thing LucasFilm was doing for EP2 when he said, "We didn't just want to push the envelope, we wanted to lick it."

Pure gold! :crazed:

Can't wait for EP3 to get further along in production. I'm sure we'll be rewarded with a veritable goldmine of Rick-isms.

2-1B
05-13-2003, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Can't wait for EP3 to get further along in production. I'm sure we'll be rewarded with a veritable goldmine of Rick-isms.

as well as a veritable goldmine of Rick McCavatars ;)

JimJamBonds
01-24-2010, 04:40 PM
I think it would be fun to relive some of his greatest comments.

That's an easy one for me to answer, when he says the following before a screening of episode I.

THIS IS F***ING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian_Fortuna
01-25-2010, 08:44 PM
That's an easy one for me to answer, when he says the following before a screening of episode I.

That one is my favorite!

And wow, never knew fans disliked him heh. I only know him from the DVD'S thogh, but kinda liked him. Not like I do Rob Coleman though..That get seems really cool:).

2-1B
03-24-2010, 09:48 PM

I really think Joe Biden watched "The Beginning" before he introduced Obama for that health care bill signing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Biden then left the White House to fly to Prague to meet with Liam Neeson to talk to him about playing Qui-Gon.

RoonStones
03-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Ok, I don't really have a particular quote (most of what I ever heard him say had the words "yes" and "Master" somewhere in the sentence directed towards GL). I did however have to scour through the threads to see if this was actually an appreciation-themed thread or a mock-thread. I'm happy to see it's the latter.

Oh yeah, I remember at one point him saying something in the Star Wars Insider (formerly known as Lucasfilm Fan Club) about how surprised he was to find that lots of people really didn't like Jar Jar. I think after reading him say something propagandistic like "people *love* Jar Jar...." I stopped subscribing to the magazine.

JimJamBonds
03-25-2010, 10:48 AM
I really think Joe Biden watched "The Beginning" before he introduced Obama for that health care bill signing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Biden then left the White House to fly to Prague to meet with Liam Neeson to talk to him about playing Qui-Gon.

Did he then drop F bomb's while talking to Ewen about talking to Liam?