PDA

View Full Version : Court Allows Man to Drop Headless Bull from Helicopter!



Tycho
10-28-2002, 03:58 AM
Here you go:

I saved some of these weird things I've discovered on the internet. I'd meant to post this one in July when it was timely, but it's better late than never.

Court allows man to drop headless bull from helicopter! (http://www.canoe.ca/CNEWSWeirdNews0107/19_bull-ap.html)

This is art at its finest :rolleyes:

Note, before he dropped the bull, he first cut himself and hung bleeding, in an upside-down cross position while music played before he got into his bovine portion of his performance.

This guy's got talent....sure.

darthvyn
10-28-2002, 09:42 AM
(in best isabella rosselini impression)

"what your husband does is called 'outsider art' - it could be made by a hobo, a mental patient, or a monkey..."

meh.

this kinda crap gives actual artists a bad name. "performance art" - i don't see the 'art' part of this performance - art is supposed to say something to the audience. this doesn't seem to say anything. i bet the 'artist' would retort with "maybe that's what it's saying?" germany - breeding idiocy for over 50 years...

Deoxyribonucleic
10-28-2002, 09:53 AM
That's the Germans for you! Still spilling blood after all these years. You think people would learn a lesson!

this guy is a complete IDIOT!

Darth Sidious
10-28-2002, 02:18 PM
Actually, I think it's pretty funny.

smurfvader
10-28-2002, 03:02 PM
His most extreme performance up to now was in Tbilisi, Georgia, on New Year's Eve in 1990, where he acted as a human bell clapper beating his body between two plates of steel at a synagogue -- allowing himself to be rung practically unconscious and winding up with serious injuries. He has also made himself into a dart board and offered himself as a towel in a public bathroom.

Now that part's funny, the part about the bull is moronic, but at least you know now why he did it. Brain damage.

JIm

darthvyn
10-28-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
Actually, I think it's pretty funny.

see, that's the problem - because he's serious, unfortunately... that's why it gives other artists a bad name - they can't be taken seriously when this type of crap is being done... i'm not generally a "serious" artist, i like comedy, and think humor is a powerful way to get a message across, but if i do have something serious to say, i want it to be taken as such - not a joke...

Deoxyribonucleic
10-28-2002, 03:12 PM
I'm just curious as to how killing an animal in the name of art is in ANY way the least bit funny!

It would be great, although unlikely if someone cut off his head and threw him out of a helicopter....better yet, just leave his head on and let him fall and see how he enjoys it in the name of art! I betcha he'd give up art for the rest of his life if he lived through the fall, which again is unlikely!

darthvyn
10-28-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
I'm just curious as to how killing an animal in the name of art is in ANY way the least bit funny!



well, if it's a monkey knife fight... :D :crazed:

jjreason
10-28-2002, 03:35 PM
MONKEY KNIFE FIGHT!!!!

Tycho
10-28-2002, 03:55 PM
I like learning new things:

Now what the heck is a monkey-knife fight?

derek
10-28-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
I like learning new things:

Now what the heck is a monkey-knife fight?

i guess you don't watch the simpsons?
i recall mr. burns' monkey, furious george, was seriously wounded in a monkey knife fight when homer took his boat into international waters.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-28-2002, 04:13 PM
How 'bout a family knife fight!?

I blame this house!

darthvyn
10-28-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by derek


i guess you don't watch the simpsons?
i recall mr. burns' monkey, furious george, was seriously wounded in a monkey knife fight when homer took his boat into international waters.

yep, the boat "gone fission"

"heh, heh. parry, parry, STAB STAB!!! awwww, he ain't pretty no more!"



"HELP! PIRATES!"

"navy seals are on their way."

"thanks"

"how about a tactical nuclear strike?"

"oh, that would be grea... HEY! you're just kidding, aren't you?"

"perhaps this novelty fog horn will answer your question..."

*WOMP-wahh*

(i love that episode!)

187-Maul
10-28-2002, 07:34 PM
man, this kind of cr*p really sheds some bad light on us germans:mad:
you guys know we're not all like that:mad:

Deoxyribonucleic
10-28-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
man, this kind of cr*p really sheds some bad light on us germans:mad:
you guys know we're not all like that:mad:

Of course :), it's just human to put labels on things, including my first post about this subject. However, I know that it is just because HE is an idiot, not because he's german or white or blond or blue eyed....simply put, he's an idiot and he coulda done this anywhere and he'd still be the same idiot he is now!

darthvyn
10-28-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic

simply put, he's an idiot and he coulda done this anywhere and he'd still be the same idiot he is now!

except he wouldn't be speaking as gruff and grating a language... all those consonants!!!

don't worry 187, as long as you don't go around doing idiotic things and calling it art, we're okay with you... for now...:evil:

plasticfetish
10-28-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
man, this kind of cr*p really sheds some bad light on us germans:mad:
you guys know we're not all like that:mad:

Uhhh ... what? But, like ... at least half of you are right?
(Just kidding, kidding, kid-DING.)

"Hours before the performance, the city's highest court turned down an appeal by a 13-year-old girl to prevent the bull, named Bodo, from being used as part of the event. Patricia Strunz, who filed the case under her parents' supervision, argued that it was merely meant to shock people and was not art."

First: I think it's funny that the headless cow was named "Bobo" ... or that it had a name at all.
Second: I think it's cute that the 13 year old girl already hates performance art ... because, performance art s*cks!
Third: She is sooooooo wrong! This whole thing just screams "ART". Now, I agree that it's cr*ppy art ... but none the less, it's very artsy. (Besides ... if he'd dropped tofu, he wouldn't have gotten in the papers.)

What would have made it "good" art, would have been if the guy had jumped out of the chopper riding the headless bull to the ground. I also don't like his choice of "industrial music" ... some nice David Hasselhoff would have been perfect.

LTBasker
10-29-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by plasticfetish
First: I think it's funny that the headless cow was named "Bobo" ... or that it had a name at all.
Second: I think it's cute that the 13 year old girl already hates performance art ... because, performance art s*cks!
Third: She is sooooooo wrong! This whole thing just screams "ART". Now, I agree that it's cr*ppy art ... but none the less, it's very artsy. (Besides ... if he'd dropped tofu, he wouldn't have gotten in the papers.)

1. It's Bodo
2. It's sad that the kid had more sense than them. So can I drop a headless person from a chopper because it's art? What it's just dead, not like they're gonna get injured!
3. It's just a drain on money. It would take people to clean it up, stop people from using that street therefore making them late for possibly something very important just because someone who should be locked in an insane asylum wanted to drop a headless bull corpse onto a street.

darthvyn
10-29-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by plasticfetish


Second: I think it's cute that the 13 year old girl already hates performance art ... because, performance art s*cks!


i agree, LTB... i think it's funny and scary all at once that this 13 year old girl has more common sense than the german court...


Originally posted by plasticfetish

Third: She is sooooooo wrong! This whole thing just screams "ART". Now, I agree that it's cr*ppy art ... but none the less, it's very artsy. (Besides ... if he'd dropped tofu, he wouldn't have gotten in the papers.)


this is the misconception i am trying to disspell - "artsy" does not mean "art." the idea that all artists are way out there nut jobs - this is what i am fighting. and it's true, he wouldn't have gotten into the papers - this is pure sensationalism, like reality tv.

Tycho
10-29-2002, 12:17 AM
I knew responses to this post would make me laugh out loud!

This thread has much of the appeal as did The Mouse Droid Sniffing Thread! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5280&highlight=Have+you+sniffed) :D

plasticfetish
10-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
1. It's Bodo
Sorry ... Bodo. Forgive me for my Typo.

Originally posted by LTBasker
So can I drop a headless person from a chopper because it's art? What it's just dead, not like they're gonna get injured!
Even the German's have their limits. But, if you can get the Berliners to approve of it, then I'd say go for it! :)

Originally posted by LTBasker
3. It's just a drain on money. It would take people to clean it up, stop people from using that street therefore making them late for possibly something very important ...
Hahahaha. You understand that I'm kinda just joking around about this, huh? The whole thing is just nauseating and that's about it.


Originally posted by darthvyn
this is the misconception i am trying to disspell - "artsy" does not mean "art." the idea that all artists are way out there nut jobs - this is what i am fighting.
No, not all artists are nut jobs ... just some. Obviously we're looking at a particularly extreme example of one "type" of artist. So, uhhh ... don't take it personally. As an artist, I know I don't.