PDA

View Full Version : Two Towers Aragorn Rip-Off

Prince Xizor
10-28-2002, 03:23 PM
Has anybody else seen the new Two Towers toys? Especially the Aragorn toy.

Well if you haven't let me enlighten you.

It's the EXACT same thing as the Fellowship toy, except in the red packaging. Exact.

WTF? This toy sucked the big one, the first time around, and its sucks twice as much the second time around. Why can't they make a new mold, or least retool it a little?

I'm still waiting for a damn good Aragorn

Jayspawn
10-29-2002, 10:43 AM
I hear ya Prince Xizor. I've only seen the first wave of the Two Towers figures. They are impressive as hell. The quality is beyond amazing. Toy Biz definatly excedded my expectations of them. I havn't seen the Aragorn figure but I've heard it's the same as the Fellowship version. Which sucks but I'm sure we'll get another version a little down the road. I've head they just re-tooled and repackaged Saruman the White also. But Saurman is cool so they can repackage him as often as they'd like.

"Tell me old friend. When did Saruman the wise trade wisdom for madness?" - Gandalf

Beast
10-29-2002, 10:48 AM
Hopefully the Saruman the White figure is actually white this time, instead of the light grey and tan that the original figure was. I hunted that figure for a long time, and when I finally found it, I was disapointed. :p :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Prince Xizor
10-29-2002, 12:14 PM
I have the new Saruman figure, Jar. I don't have the first one, but my friend (who does have it) tells me its the same exact thing as the Fellowship one except with differant accessories. Sorry...

Eternal Padawan
10-30-2002, 12:38 AM
Aragorn with Brego is the one to pick up. I, too have been unimpressed with the Aragorns up until this point, but I saw one at Target yesterday and its very nice.

Darth Cruel
10-31-2002, 11:27 AM
Man! Toybiz kicked big booty with the new TTT figs, didn't they? I had sworn off collecting them when the first ones came out. Now, with the new TTT figs, I am scrambling to get the FOTR figs before they disappear or get relinquished to Ebay for 50.00 per. Too bad I am a completeist. The TTT figs made the cheesy FOTR figs worth having.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-31-2002, 06:50 PM
Darth Cruel- How were the FOTR figures cheesey? Just curious! :) I found them back last November and immediately picked them up. They were great. You might wanna check various Wal-marts cause they JUST got their FOTR stuff in, only about 10 months late!!!

I'm doing pretty well on the TTT figures so far. I ordered about 80 bucks worth off etoys and i found the first 4 a few weeks back. I think once i find Gandalf and King Theoden, everything else will be relatively easy. I just got a gut feeling those are going to be a huge pain to get. Happy Hunting! :D

Prince Xizor
11-01-2002, 10:02 AM
Yeah, Theoden and Gandalf. Those are 2 I want the most, and the 2 I have yet to find.

Actually I want the Gandalf with his Horse, that toy just looks Awesome.

And EP, I picked up the Aragorn with Brego just yesterday, and you are right, it is the one to get. The cloth cape is cool, Articulation is O.K. and his sword rules. I am thinking of getting the single pack Aragorn just so I can have the accessories for the Aragorn that I have.

derek
11-02-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
Has anybody else seen the new Two Towers toys? Especially the Aragorn toy.

Well if you haven't let me enlighten you.

It's the EXACT same thing as the Fellowship toy, except in the red packaging. Exact.

WTF? This toy sucked the big one, the first time around, and its sucks twice as much the second time around. Why can't they make a new mold, or least retool it a little?

I'm still waiting for a damn good Aragorn

WOW!!! a star wars collector, on a star wars forum, who actually wants resculpts. this, i think, is a first.:crazed:

Jedi Law Student
11-11-2002, 04:58 PM
I just picked up Eomer the other night at Toys 'R Us. The sculpting is excellent on Eomer. In fact, all of the figures are sculpted well except for Aragorn. The face just doesn't look right at all. I think a neutral, closed mouth might have worked better on the Aragorn figure.

But overall, "The Two Towers" figures are nicely done!

Darth Cruel
11-14-2002, 11:41 PM
Jedi Master Guyute - I know my opinion is not the popular one. But I absolutely detest gimmicks like sword slashing action, arrow shooting action, light up action, or any of that stuff that necessitates an unsightly button or lever or copper contacts sticking out of a staff and takes away from the articulation in any way.

All I want in a figure is:

1) An acurate and detailed sculpt.
2) An acurate and quality paint job.
3) Accessories that retain their shape.
4) Articulation that allows me to pose them in more than one good pose.

The Easterling is just about as close as I have seen to my idea of he perfect action figure.

The super poeable Spider-Mans are about THE best there have ever been (along with the other ones in those Toy Biz lines that have 32 points of articulation).

Prince Xizor
11-15-2002, 02:34 PM
Darth Cruel, it sounds like the perfect toys for you are the new Marvel Legends line. Amazing articulation and scuplts with no gimmicks. Awesome Awesome toys.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-15-2002, 08:51 PM
Darth Cruel- Ah, ok, i see your point. I think it was just pure impulse i got into the LOTR figures. I hadn't read the books nor seen the movie when i found the first few, but I was really impressed. To each their own!!

And I agree about the Spidey figure. I had a spider-man animated series figure back in like 94 that was soooo articulated it was crazy!!! those figures ruled! :D

Darth Cruel
11-16-2002, 12:10 AM
Yeah - If the characters in the Marvel Legends line held the same sentimental value for me that the characters from LOTR and Star Wars do, it may well be the only line I ever collected. It would be nice to see them do The Micronauts in that line, but I know Palisades would have a thing or two to say about that and they weren't really legendary characters for Marvel either. I WILL buy Beta Ray Bill when he comes out in that line.

Wolfwood319
11-16-2002, 12:29 AM
Yeah, the FOTR figs were pretty decent, but the TT Figs are outstanding! Especially the Legolas, Roharrim Soldier, and Theoden. Wormtounge is excellent as well.

I have yet to see Gandalf with Shadowfax, but I want that the most.

I don't mind them re-releasing stuff like the Aarogorn, or Ringwraith w/ Horse. I know people who couldn't find the Aarogorn the first time around and can now pick him up. And you can never have too many ringwraiths! (Well, I guess all you would ever really want is 9, but that's still a lot.)