PDA

View Full Version : Dear Lord...Jackāss is the #1 movie in America.

Eternal Padawan
10-28-2002, 03:39 PM
And I blame you guys.;)

First off, I never watched the show, but I feel I can't properly criticize a film I've not watched.

The "yellow snow" sketch has toppled the "puppy love eclairs" in Van Wilder as the sickest thing I have ever seen on film. My gag reflex kicked in and I almost threw up...even after I had left the auditorium.

In all fairness, I did chuckle when Knoxville apologized for the airhorns on the golf course on account of his "Bursitis" because I have bursitis.

Other than that, the funniest part about this film is the millions of chumps wasting $7.00 a pop to see it. Ha ha. CHUMPS!

Beast
10-28-2002, 03:47 PM
You went and saw that piece of crap? Wow, lets knock EP's respect meter down a few levels, shall we? Don't worry, luckily you were very high to begin with, so you didn't drop to far. ;) :D

Jackass is one of the clear signs of the coming of the apocalypse, especially since it somehow is the #1 movie in america. :eek: I think I would rather have puss bubbling boils or exposive diarehha then be subjected to watching this crap. :p

I wonder if the people behind the show, actually made a deal with the devil. For cripes sake, Howard Stern's radio show has more intelligent content then this crap. I wish the entire cast would become eligable for a "Darwin Award", by dieing in one of their stupid stunts. :evil: :D

Now, I don't normally wish harm upon people. But for those dumbarses, I'll make an exception. No wonder people in other countries down at the US as being a bunch of idiots. Well, atleast we can still play the Benny Hill card on the Brits. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-28-2002, 05:04 PM
I wanna see this movie and i plan to. It seems like it'd be funny to me. I love movies with deeper meanings and some arthouse flicks, but a good hour and a half spectacle of dummies doing stupid stuff is quite humorous. Flame if you will, i couldn't care less. :D

Deoxyribonucleic
10-28-2002, 05:42 PM
:eek:

we're DOOMED I tell you....DOOMED!

Battle Droid
10-28-2002, 06:23 PM
It should be called DumbAss.

darthvyn
10-28-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
For cripes sake, Howard Stern's radio show has more intelligent content then this crap.

the show and movie are called JACKASS!!!! and you're criticizing the intelligence quotient? this is just like when a movie critic tries to denounce the artistic merits of a run-of-the-mill action flick. apples and oranges, boys and girls!!! pure stupid laugh out loud stunts. no social commentary. no cgi. no artistic statement. no oscar expectations. no hollywood heartthrobs. just jackasses being jackasses. i think the show was funny as all hell, and i can't wait to see the movie.

LTBasker
10-28-2002, 07:18 PM
No suprise to me, the Scorpian King was "#1" for awhile and that had even less of a point for being made than this. Being top at the box office just isn't the same thing that it once was, it's just too easy lately.

187-Maul
10-28-2002, 07:26 PM
I love watching the show and if the movie will ever be released here in france I'll probabaly go see it
there's nothing better then watching a bunch of idiots, or JACKASSES, do some crazy s*** (even some cool stunts) and hurt themselves...well, actually there are A LOT of things better then that but it's still pretty cool, especially cause they like it too

Deoxyribonucleic
10-28-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
No suprise to me, the Scorpian King was "#1" for awhile and that had even less of a point for being made than this. Being top at the box office just isn't the same thing that it once was, it's just too easy lately.

Good Call LTB!

Something's gotta give and it ain't gonna be pretty! But it'll be a blessing!

Wolfwood319
10-28-2002, 08:14 PM
Some of the best $7 I ever spent. I went in to the theater expecting exactly what I got, and I laughed my *** off! I'd much rather pay $7 to see "Jackass" then $7 on one of those "Arts" films they try too hard to mean something. I go to the theater to be entertained, not bored to tears.

scruffziller
10-29-2002, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by darthvyn

the show and movie are called JACKASS!!!! and you're criticizing the intelligence quotient? this is just like when a movie critic tries to denounce the artistic merits of a run-of-the-mill action flick. apples and oranges, boys and girls!!! pure stupid laugh out loud stunts. no social commentary. no cgi. no artistic statement. no oscar expectations. no hollywood heartthrobs. just jackasses being jackasses. i think the show was funny as all hell, and i can't wait to see the movie.

DITTO!!!

If my sides are splitting, I don't care about anything at that moment except the pure extacsy of laughter. No higher purpose, no big picture just funnybone tickling.

evenflow
10-29-2002, 07:17 AM
I am not into the show, and i wont go see the movie. Just not for me, but everyone i have spoken to said it was hilarious. I still ownt go.

QLD
10-29-2002, 11:05 AM
I won't go see this dreck.

They could do the world a favor and execute people on site as they order their tickets.

"Yes...one for Jackass plee" *bang*.......*thud*

I listened to these morons on the radio for an hour the other day. They are complete idiots and A-holes.

They belittled their "fans" who called in. And all they did was brag about how much pot and LSD and heroin they do. I am NOT kidding. No wonder these guys do this crap, their hopped up on freakin' LSD.

Maybe I will laugh at them when one of them finally gets killed. Now THAT would be funny.

Prince Xizor
10-29-2002, 12:25 PM
I saw the movie opening night, and it was exactly what I thought it was going to be. Stupid, Pointless, and damn Funny. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Sure the stuff they do is dumb, but that's the point. I don't think this movie being number one is the sign of the Apocolypse. I guess none of you liked Something About Mary, or Dumb and Dumber, or The Mask, or Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back or any other hilarious movie that was made with no other intent then to make you laugh with Gross-Out stupid humor? C'mon lighten up.

James Boba Fettfield
10-29-2002, 01:01 PM
What's wrong with them belittling their fans? It's called Jackass for a reason. You don't expect to talk to the cast of Jackass and expect to have an intelligent conversation with their fans. People do not want to hear that and they would be disappointed if Knoxville and the gang did do that. The people want them to act that way, and they do it. Like wrestling, it's all for show. Liking something of a "higher brow' does not make you a better person. I like Steve Vai, but I don't go out of my way to knock bands like Limp Bizkit or Korn because they aren't out there trying to improve their skills technically. I say one man's fun is another's hell, and let's leave it at that.

QLD
10-29-2002, 03:39 PM
It's one thing for someone to make a movie where people fictionally do stupid things.....but to actually do them, is an entirely different thing.

And anybody who wants someone they admire to insult them, and make them look like an idiot, well, they need help.

These guys are scum, morons, and idiots, and I hope they get terminal cancer.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-29-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
It's one thing for someone to make a movie where people fictionally do stupid things.....but to actually do them, is an entirely different thing.

Good CALL QLD! It's a rather LARGE difference too!

James Boba Fettfield
10-29-2002, 05:12 PM
That's what makes the show a hit for people. They are actually doing the stupid stunts for real. It's a show of people acting stupid so other people can laugh. Just lighten about it. These guys are out to have some fun and get hurt while doing it. I just don't understand you wanting to see them suffer from a terminal disease.

Beast
10-29-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
I just don't understand you wanting to see them suffer from a terminal disease.
Because morons like these people need to be removed from the human genepool by any means necissary. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
10-29-2002, 05:29 PM
Well, if their goal is to suffer pain to make people laugh, wouldn't getting a terminal disease accomplish that task?

I am of the opinion that some people just don't deserve to share air with the rest of us. And I am of the opinion, that they are some of those people.

Anybody that brags about how much drugs they do, and what idiots their fans are for supporting them.....well, they are total pondscum, and deserve to have horrible things happen to them.

James Boba Fettfield
10-29-2002, 05:32 PM
I'm seeing it tonight somewhere on the campus. If it gives me enough laughs for my $6, then I will be happy. Which I am very sure it will. Now for the selective destruction of people to make our gene pool better....well, I don't know how to answer that one.

Beast
10-29-2002, 05:40 PM
It's called natural selection, it happens all the time. The stupid die, so that the intelligent can live. It's nature my friend, and nothing can stop Mother Nature from dealing out the death. That's how evolution works, if the stupid cavemen hadn't died, leaving the intelligent ones to breed, who knows where we would be. All we can do, is sit back and hope that we are smart enough to avoid the reaping. :evil: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
10-29-2002, 06:05 PM
Some would argue that our discussions of Star Wars are stupid. I've been told it plenty of times by a friend. Should that mean we deserve to die? They're out to make people laugh and make asses of themselves. It's no different than when some guy goes out into the wrestling ring as a different person. He's there to put on a show. Stupid to some? Yes. To others? No. Arguing about Greedo shooting first. Stupid to some? Yes. To others? No. My point is this. You may not like what they do or how they conduct themselves, but other people eat it up. Of course what they do is dangerous. But people love it. It makes them laugh. Laughing is good. It's no different than what any other movie can do to people. But does it mean these people should die for doing these stunts? I certainly wouldn't believe it to be healthy to be wishing for them to die each time they perform. To me that is like saying anytime you see a showman, or a jackass for that matter, performing, that you would actively seek to see their destruction because you feel what they are doing is not promoting the successful future of the human race.

Beast
10-29-2002, 06:17 PM
Discussion, and the stuff that they do in that show are vastly differnt things. They are cheating horrible injuires and death in those instances. Sitting here and talking about Star Wars isn't risking your life. So that is a pretty silly argument. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
10-29-2002, 06:18 PM
I am still looking for one person who thinks tying steaks to yourself, and then laying on a grill isn't stupid.

To compare someone wrestling to someone performing random acts of idiocy is ludicrous.

Wrestlers go out, and safely put on a show of violence. Very similar to theatre. Every safeguard is made to make sure no one is hurt.

Whereas these morons take every measure necessary to insult people, and hurt themselves.

They are trying to kill themselves apparantly, so I am just wishing them success at it. Hopefully in a very painful, slow way.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-29-2002, 06:32 PM
That's what makes the show a hit for people. They are actually doing the stupid stunts for real. It's a show of people acting stupid so other people can laugh. Just lighten about it. These guys are out to have some fun and get hurt while doing it. I just don't understand you wanting to see them suffer from a terminal disease.

I don't want them to suffer from a disease...who said that anyway hehe

and look, you like it, that's great for you and whoever else and I'm not gonna bother you about it, as I've said nothing about the people who go see this movie so please stop telling those of us who don't want to go see it to lighten up, especially when you don't even know us. I mean you no disrespect, I just don't appreciate you telling me to lighten up when actually I know how to have LOTS OF FUN...this just isn't how I choose to do it. If this is how you like to have fun then more power to ya and I'm glad you did enjoy it as it seems lots of others did as well :)

QLD
10-29-2002, 06:36 PM
I said that I wanted them to suffer from a disease. More specifically, a painful disease. One that will consume them slowly, and painfully.

Or something like that........

*concentrates*........

don't bother me....I'm concentrating......

*concentrates*.......

What am I doing? I am wishing cancer on them of course!

*concentrates*.........

James Boba Fettfield
10-29-2002, 06:38 PM
They put on a show of complete acts of stupidity filled with the threat of injury and possible death. Of course it is not the smartest thing in the world to do. But they want to do it. Whether they die or not, that does not give any person the justification to wish them to die. Do you think they perform those stunts and think, "Man, I hope I die this time." I'm not saying you should feel pity if any of them do die, but wanting to see it happen is sick. As for their show, Jackass does stupid things. Super! I am glad we established that. But does it mean it cannot be entertaining? Does it mean the stars of the movie deserve to die? Does it mean that by liking the show/movie that the fans of it are complete morons? I can answer no to all of these questions. Unless you work on the Jackass show, I am not sure how you can know they perform these stunts with the purpose of their own deaths in mind. People do pointless and stupid things for many reasons. They act like asses for the same reasons too. They hurt themselves for other people to laugh at for the same reasons. Whether it be for money, the thrills, to make someone laugh, or for self gratification, it is a real show for people to be entertained by. If you don't enjoy their movie, then you can attempt to create something that you believe will entertain audiences and further the evolution of mankind. Just don't do like Hollywood and give us a Sweet Home Alabama, which has as much original material on it as Cher does.

Lord Malakite
10-29-2002, 06:39 PM
There is no reason to wish death to the people in Jackass for doing these stupid stunts in order to get a cheap laugh. As long as the only ones who are being hurt from doing these stunts are them, there is no need to be concerned with them. Honestly, they only have themselves to blame if something goes horribly wrong. As for being insulted. Are people really going to be insulted by someone willing to light himself on fire and and jump into a swimming pool filled with gasoline? I should hope not.

QLD
10-29-2002, 06:45 PM
Actually....most of my wish of death to them is in relation to their drug infested idiocy. They are complete donkey raping, **** eating ****masters. They brag about doing LSD and heroin to their fans, and then in turn TELL them to do the same, and how cool it is.

Anybody that spreads that type of message, well, In my opinion, just doesn't deserve to live.

And while Sweet Home Alabama is not necessarily original, I would rather watch a Cher marathon that 1 second of these uber-morons beating themselves with sledgehammers.

James Boba Fettfield
10-29-2002, 06:45 PM
Deoxyribonucleic, I wasn't telling you to lighten up. It was directed at the earlier posts about killing those people who bought tickets to the movie, etc. That's what it was in response to.

Also, this show encouraged some teenagers to go out and do this kinda of crap to some homeless people and they are now facing jail time! Just something to think about.

Don't blame the show, pal. Blame bad parenting. I grew up in the same world they did. Yet, I haven't tried to enlist bums into fighting each other because I knew better. Just don't point fingers at the television, before pointing the fingers at the parents or whoever raised them.

QLD
10-29-2002, 06:53 PM
I BLAME CANADA!!!!!!!!!

Deoxyribonucleic
10-29-2002, 06:56 PM
I said that I wanted them to suffer from a disease. More specifically, a painful disease. One that will consume them slowly, and painfully.

:eek:
:p
:)

Eternal Padawan
10-29-2002, 07:03 PM
Whoo-hoo! Controversy!

I don't blame these shmucks for trying to do themselves bodily harm for laughs. I blame the crackers plunking down hard earned cash to watch them do it. It just encourages this type of behavior and reinforces the idea that you can get rich acting like that. These jokers are just capitalizing on that asinine mentality, and more power to them. If you want to wish cancer on anybody, wish it thusly on the collective that earned it $20 million (4 times its budget) opening weekend. Unfortunately, I smell a sequel.

For the record Emperor Jar Jar, I didn't actually go in and sit down to watch it. I watched it in fits and spurts while I was working. :)

Deoxyribonucleic
10-29-2002, 07:06 PM
Deoxyribonucleic, I wasn't telling you to lighten up. It was directed at the earlier posts about killing those people who bought tickets to the movie, etc. That's what it was in response to.

Don't blame the show, pal. Blame bad parenting. I grew up in the same world they did. Yet, I haven't tried to enlist bums into fighting each other because I knew better. Just don't point fingers at the television, before pointing the fingers at the parents or whoever raised them.

Ok cool about the "lighten up" thing, although I am not a "pal" as that usually refers to the male gender of which I am not! :) Also, I'm not just blaming the show and yes you are right that parenting has something to do with it BUT if they did not see this in the first place, they would not have been influenced to perform the EXACT acts as the show does, which they did, they even said they got the idea from Jackass....both television and bad parenting are to blame in situations like this AND in many cases, parents are extremely good and their kids do terrible things (Jeffrey Dahmer comes to mind) no matter how influencial a parent may be. Other reasons are peer pressure, stress, anger, DNA, and YES television, you name it, it can be extremely influencial on young kids and by you saying that it is only the parents to blame, well I suggest that you do extensive research on the subject and perhaps you would feel a bit different and then you could back up your statements with fact! :sur::) As children and teens have outright said in many studies that they like to emulate situations they see on television!:eek:

QLD
10-29-2002, 07:07 PM
EP....

I did say that they should be executed as soon as they buy their tickets ;)

Beast
10-29-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Unfortunately, I smell a sequel.

For the record Emperor Jar Jar, I didn't actually go in and sit down to watch it. I watched it in fits and spurts while I was working. :)
I know, I smell it to. It smells like the cat box, after you have been away from the house for a few days. Oh well, atleast the idiots don't have their show on TV anymore. Atleast for now. Now they'll just do movies and direct to video crap. I wonder which one of them will get killed first.

And I'm glad you told me that you didn't sit down to watch it. Your respect meter has been restored to it's full level. The sad part is, the sucess of stupidity like this, and the fact it makes the morons money, will just incourage even stupider people to try to cash in on it. Just like those kids with the homeless people. :stupid: :p

MTFBWy and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
10-29-2002, 07:12 PM
Completely off topic, but what exactly is the female form of "pal" Deoxy?

I have plenty of ''pals" that are female. :)

And now we return you to the love/hate fest that is JackAss! :D

Deoxyribonucleic
10-29-2002, 07:15 PM

The sad part is, the sucess of stupidity like this, and the fact it makes the morons money, will just incourage even stupider people to try to cash in on it. Just like those kids with the homeless people. :stupid: :p

MTFBWy and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

THAT is exactly one of the things that is so friggin' wrong in this country!

Did you know that Brad Pitt did an episode of JackAss too! Need I say more!?

Lord Malakite
10-29-2002, 07:38 PM
Actually....most of my wish of death to them is in relation to their drug infested idiocy. They are complete donkey raping, **** eating ****masters. They brag about doing LSD and heroin to their fans, and then in turn TELL them to do the same, and how cool it is.

Anybody that spreads that type of message, well, In my opinion, just doesn't deserve to live.

That could easily fit under the insult thing as well. If your judgement is really that bad (unless you are extremely young or have a mental retardation/accident as an excuse for it) that you'd listen to someone with lit firecrackers in their mouth, then you deserve to desolve what little brain you have left. As for those excused to listening to them for the above reasons in parenthesis, they should have been under supervision and not allowed to watch such a show in the first place.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-29-2002, 07:53 PM
Damn you EP for putting this thread in here....why you little....j/k ;)

Oh, to answer your question EP, the female version would be "chicks" ok, get with the picture PAL ;):)
and since there are only 3 CHICKS in this forum, I'm 99.9% sure that he (yes I know he's a he, as I saw HIS picture) thought I was also a HE...but I don't care about all that, it was the "tone" if you will that set the mood :) Are you confused yet? Good, me too!

QLD
10-29-2002, 08:01 PM
I just read somewhere that this movie was one of the seven signs of the apocalypse! :eek:

Patient Zero
10-29-2002, 08:05 PM
That ain't not it QLD!

SithDroid
10-29-2002, 09:40 PM
The reason it is number one at the box office is because nothing good came out that week to compete with it. Plus the fact that most teenagers all go to see movies on the weekend and a majority of the simple minded teenagers in america are drawn to movies of this nature, so no big surprise here.

James Boba Fettfield
10-29-2002, 11:09 PM
I just saw it at the AMC here in Columbus right off Ohio State's campus with about 10 other guys from Ohio State. Needless to say, we all enjoyed ourselves. It made us laugh and it took our minds off the pressures of midterms, which I have to hand it to Knoxville. Thanks for giving me about 80 minutes of entertainment and relaxation, because in the end that is all that really matters.

Prince Xizor
10-30-2002, 10:21 AM

I don't think its that much of a differance. If your gonna say, "People are going to copy them if somebody actually does it", then thats B.S. Stupid people will do something they see whether or not the person they saw do it first actually did it or not.

darthvyn
10-30-2002, 12:32 PM
holy poseable jesus, where to begin...

It's called natural selection, it happens all the time. The stupid die, so that the intelligent can live. It's nature my friend, and nothing can stop Mother Nature from dealing out the death. That's how evolution works, if the stupid cavemen hadn't died, leaving the intelligent ones to breed, who knows where we would be. All we can do, is sit back and hope that we are smart enough to avoid the reaping. :evil: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

without fearless idiocy, we wouldn't have discovered america, or gone to the moon... i'm not saying that what they are doing is on par with those things, but this pattern of behavior is well documented to be as much a part of the furthering of the human race as survival of the fittest. actually, i'm not even too sure that survival of the fittest pertains to the human race anymore... have you looked at humans recently? plenty of people are not fit by any means, yet the survive...

I am still looking for one person who thinks tying steaks to yourself, and then laying on a grill isn't stupid.

who said it wasn't?

To compare someone wrestling to someone performing random acts of idiocy is ludicrous.

yes. you are right. it is ludicrous to compare random acts of idiocy to meticulously scripted and planned acts of idiocy.

Whereas these morons take every measure necessary to insult people, and hurt themselves.

They are trying to kill themselves apparantly, so I am just wishing them success at it. Hopefully in a very painful, slow way.

so, what's the problem. aren't you happy that they hurt themselves? i thought that was the whole thing here - that they should suffer. and they do!

and whoever brought up the "bum fighting" thing... that wasn't jackass anyway, so that doesn't pertain to this discussion in the slightest.

James Boba Fettfield
10-30-2002, 12:47 PM
I brought it up because I believe that is what someone was referring to when they mentioned Jackass influencing teenagers to commit some horrible deed with homeless people.

Beast
10-30-2002, 12:49 PM
As for the idiocy involving the discovery of america (by the way, Columbus didn't discover America) wasn't done on purpose. It was an accident. I don't see where landing on the moon is an act of idiocy. That was more of an act of bravery. :)

The bum fighting does pertain to the situation, because those idiotic kids got the idea from watching shows like Jackass. They see that those morons make huge money and are popular, because they do stupid stuff. So the money and the popularity makes them want a piece of the pie. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
10-30-2002, 12:57 PM
As one of the people involved in the bickering, can't we just settle this now. Jackass is an *** and certain people like it, others don't. Yes, what they do is dangerous and stupid. Yes, those teens were influenced by Jackass, but they made it their own fault by not distinguishing what to do and what not to do. God knows I didn't go home after the movie last night and try to give myself paper cuts between my toes because I saw a theater full of people laughing at Knoxville doing it. So, can we agree to no more arguing on this whole matter, because I am tired of being the defender of Jackass.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-30-2002, 12:59 PM
This whole thread has gotten out of hand really...Including my own posts!

If you like it go see it

If you don't like it, don't go see it.

WHO THE (sentence enhancer of your choice inserted here) CARES!:sur:

everyone here has their own opinion of it and NOTHING anyone else says is going to change it so we all might as well stop bickering and picking on each others' posts and just let each other have their own opinions instead of trying to change them!

James Boba Fettfield, I am very glad that you enjoyed the movie, seriously, if it made you laugh, that is great, because laughter is the best! :)

PEACE OUT PEOPLE!

darthvyn
10-30-2002, 03:26 PM
As for the idiocy involving the discovery of america (by the way, Columbus didn't discover America) wasn't done on purpose. It was an accident. I don't see where landing on the moon is an act of idiocy. That was more of an act of bravery. :)

who was talking about columbus? i could've been talking about the tribe of neanderthals who crossed the land bridge from what is now siberia to what is now alaska... :p

and what is bravery, but completely (idiotically?) ignoring the possible outcomes of a certain act that wouldn't be done by someone with more common sense...

The bum fighting does pertain to the situation, because those idiotic kids got the idea from watching shows like Jackass. They see that those morons make huge money and are popular, because they do stupid stuff. So the money and the popularity makes them want a piece of the pie. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

well, i don't know what everyone else is talking about, but i'm talking about jackass, not shows LIKE jackass...

anyway, sorry for perpetuating the argument... i just have something against being told i should be shot for wanting to see a damn movie. maybe we should all go see "bowling for columbine" together, instead...

Prince Xizor
10-30-2002, 04:04 PM
They see that those morons make huge money and are popular, because they do stupid stuff. So the money and the popularity makes them want a piece of the pie. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Somehow I don't think its the money. Did you see the episode of MTV's "Cribs" With these guys on it? All of them, except for Bam (Who still lives with his parents, and has done other things besides Jackass), live in pretty dumpy places. One of them slept on the floor, another in a truck, and one on a matress on the floor. It ain't the money.

QLD
10-30-2002, 05:17 PM
maybe if they didn't spend all of their money on drugs.....

Prince Xizor
10-30-2002, 05:33 PM
Which members of the show we actually on the radio? And are you sure that they were telling the truth about doing drugs, or just screwing around, like they usually do?

QLD
10-30-2002, 06:01 PM
At first I thought they were screwing around.........but then they just kept going on and on....and saying it was the only reason they could do half the stuff they do.....

Also of note:

http://www.thewmurchannel.com/news/1748737/detail.html

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/den/news/stories/news-174725720021029-181042.html

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/strange/103002_sn_jackass.html

Wolfwood319
10-30-2002, 06:49 PM
AS long as we're wishing horrible diseases on people....

Seriously, you guys have got to lighten up. What do you care if people find this entertaining? A lot of people don't find Star Wars that entertaining, and they also think that discussing Star Wars on a day to day basis is pretty stupid and pointless, too.

I don't want to seem out of line here, but you guys are acting like egotistical, arrogant jerks.

Eternal Padawan
10-31-2002, 09:09 AM
Nobody finds a movie like Jackass disturbing because society is taking baby steps in getting there. If you had asked audiences 15 years ago if a movie where people take riot gun shots to the stomach, eat snow covered in their own urine, give themselves paper cuts, defecate in plumbing stores, tie bottle rockets to their genitalia or stick them in their bums, etc could become the #1 movie in America, people would say no. Even the target audience back then would have said no. Because it was too outlandish to contemplate it.

But TV execs are constantly trying to push the envelope, and are encouraged by the ratings these kinds of shows produce. I'm just a little worried that nobody can see this bigger picture.

Did anyone see the rapt attention society had on the Sniper case? Hmmm...think's the TV exec...a TV show about a guy who goes around sniping people. There's ratings in them thar hills.

Maybe 10 years from now we could have a show where guys in a van randomly drive around town and kidnap 10 year old girls and then molest them for the benefit of the TV audience.

Or maybe they could do a show like the movie "Series 7" where they hand contestants a gun and tell them to kill the other contestants in order to win fabulous prizes.

And some people will be outraged. But others will think it's not a big deal and the ratings will justify it.

I weep for the future.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-31-2002, 09:40 AM
This post is still going on?!?? My lord!! how long have i been asleep?!?!? Anyway, it's just a movie, some like it, some don't. If you don't like, then by God don't go see it. I can't understand how people who hate something (in this case, the Jackass era) so much and then listen to an interview with the stars of the movie, or watch clips of the show or can't stop talking about. It's like Holden "Affleck" McNeal said in "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" said: " Who claim to despize actors yet can't stop discussing them." If you hate it so much, don't concern yourself with it, that's grounds to be called a jackass in my book.

Eternal padawan- your last post about TV execs pushing the envelope got me giggling cause i thought about that commercial for "Liberty City Survivor" in GTA3. "Tonight, it's the televison event that'll make history: we take 10 recently parolled guys, eqip them with guns and grenade launchers and let them hunt each other down!" hehehehehe :D

SithDroid
10-31-2002, 11:07 AM
I don't see where landing on the moon is an act of idiocy. That was more of an act of bravery. :)

Some would disagree here. Some speculate as to whether or not the moon missions were "faked" just in order to out do Russia during the cold war. There certainly is plenty of good points brought up by these people, which makes me wonder if they are indeed right.

James Boba Fettfield
10-31-2002, 02:05 PM
Remember people, this is Jackass the Movie thread. Not debating if the US ever landed on the moon, which they did.

Prince Xizor
10-31-2002, 03:23 PM
We landed on the moon!?!?!?!

QLD
10-31-2002, 03:46 PM
I agree with your post a lot EP.

I mean, where do we draw a line?

If someone cut off their own limbs to amuse other people, would it be OK?

What if they switched hospital patients pain medicine with Ex-Lax?

How long before we see much more imaginitive reality TV?

I mean, we aren't that far off from The Running Man becoming a reailty.

Yes, don't watch if you don't like it. I understand that point....and that would be the EASY thing to do. But the more appropriate thing to do is to make your voice heard, and try to do something about it, rather than ignore it, and hope it goes away.

And yes, we landed on the moon. But maybe of the next mission, the astronauts will proceed to steal golf carts, and drive them into craters, followed by taking a dump in 0 gravity. :rolleyes:

Prince Xizor
10-31-2002, 05:10 PM
I think entertainment can go as far as anybody wants to take it, until people other than the entertainers are getting hurt. Like say the cutting off of your own arms. If you want to do it, be my guest. (But in no way would I find that amusing at all) But once it gets to the point that people are getting hurt unwillingly, it must stop. Everyone getting hurt in Jackass is doing so under their own consent. And yes I know there is pranks on the show that involve others (Like the Golf Course Air Horn), but it was just harmless fun. If your doing something to yourself, you have the right, but if it hurts somebody else, then its gotta stop.

James Boba Fettfield
10-31-2002, 07:43 PM
I laughed so much during that air horn bit. I liked when the one guy got so mad he started driving a few balls at the Jackass guys.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-01-2002, 08:53 PM
Well I just saw Jackass. Hillarious!:D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-01-2002, 11:46 PM
Yup, i saw it tonight too. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Very entertaining!! :D

Eternal Padawan
11-02-2002, 08:29 AM
:rolleyes:

Dar' Argol
11-04-2002, 10:48 PM
If someone cut off their own limbs to amuse other people, would it be OK?

"I cut your bleedin arm off!"
"No you didn't"
"Then what do you call that?"
"Tis a flesh wound! Now have at you!"

:rolleyes: :sur: ;) :D

And yes, we landed on the moon. But maybe of the next mission, the astronauts will proceed to steal golf carts, and drive them into craters, followed by taking a dump in 0 gravity. :rolleyes:

And I would have to say I would laugh my butt off!!! :p

In regards to this whole thread and the idea of shooting ppl as they buy the tickets . . . . . . . is anyone making you go see this movie??? Is someone holding a gun to your head and watch it?? Are they going to blow up your house if you do not buy the DVD???? NO . . . . . . . . . . well, er, maybe the last one:sur: :D

There are some ppl who "get" this type of humor and others who don't. Like the Romans and their Gladiators. Some ppl likes the games and others did not. Leave it be. I would never wish for any harm to come to anyone, much less a terminal disease. How big would you feel if one of the members of Jackass DID develop terminal cancer??? I know I would feel like crap if I said something like that about someone else and it happened!

It seems to me that a bunch of ppl here who saw it, liked it for the pure reason of laughing their butts off and forgetting some of the stress for a while. And if watching idiots do stupid stuff did it, then great. I watch idiots do stupid stuff all the time. They are called people. And I laugh every time.

Unfortunatly I will not be able to see this in the theater, but I am eagerly awaiting the DVD release!!!:D :D :D :D :crazed: :D :D :D :D

QLD
11-05-2002, 01:30 AM
Some people also think killing puppies is funny.....just because some people think something is funny, doesn't mean that it is/or should be appropriate.

And honestly.....I wouldn't feel bad at all if they did get cancer. Some people don't deserve to share oxygen with the rest of us, and I think they are some of those people.

Kidhuman
05-11-2003, 10:08 PM
I just saw this movie today and I laughed so hard, especially when that guy crapped his pants. This was definately worth renting. I love the show. I can't belive that Bam put an Alligator in his house to hear his mother curse. And when they lit off the fireworks in the house too!! Oh man, good times, good times.