PDA

View Full Version : Ephant Mon....Any day now!!!



Bib Forlobster
10-28-2002, 05:21 PM
I was just at the mall and stopped into Kay-Bee. The girl behind the counter was pricing cases of SW figs. I asked her if I could look in the cases. She was about to show me them, when a clerk intercepted her and asked what fig. I was looking for.
I told him "Ephant Mon" and he said they just sold out about a half hour before I got there. He confirmed there was only two in a case. Who knows, maybe he was telling the truth, maybe they were in the cases that he blocked me from viewing, maybe they sold out because all the guys who work there collect these things and picked them clean before they hit the floor.

I believe he was being honest.

The point is moot. The real issue is that Ephant Mon is finally hitting the retail stores. Kay-Bee always gets them a few weeks before TRU since Hasbro ships directly to them, so it's just a matter of time before they hit. Just wanted to let everyone know to keep their eyes peeled.

If anyone picks up an extra, let me know, maybe I have something we can trade.

Turbowars
10-28-2002, 06:22 PM
He's been found in Southern Ca, so There out there.

carnifexold1eye
10-28-2002, 06:49 PM
I NEED AN EPHANT MON!

bigbarada
10-29-2002, 12:40 AM
I got mine in the mail the other day (as part of a trade with Brian's Toys). They are sold out last I checked, but the one I got had the Japanese sticker on the back, so I assume BT got them from overseas. Anyways, you guys won't be disappointed when you get him, he is incredible. Hopefully I will be able to pick up one extra to keep carded when he makes it to the Wal-Mart here.

I really hope that this figure continues to sell out everywhere, since it will let Hasbro know that there is a market out there for the big ugly aliens. If Ephant Mon is successful enough, we might just see announcements for Hermi Odle and Yarna D'al Gargan before the year is out. Here's to wishful thinking.:)

Tycho
10-29-2002, 12:54 AM
I got him at KB Toys today. He is so worth it! Possibly the best figure of the Year!

BigBarada covered a great review of him and besides - I don't want to write more, I want to go play with my new Jabba-Pal!

But KB's customer service is excellent. They brought out a new case from the back and opened it for me. I shouted out loud for joy when I saw the huge blister cards crammed in there: larger than 3 of any other figure comparatively!

It looked like:

2 Ephont Mons
2 Lott Dodds
2 Tuskens w. Massifs
1 Teemto Pegules
1 Ki-Adi Mundi
1 Watto
1 Endor Soldier (Clean Shaven)

I think there were only 10 figures in this case because of the sheer size of Ephont Mon.

I don't know. I bought both of them! I'm about to go open one of mine for the first time and place him in my Jabba's Palace diorama! I don't even know what the 2nd one is for: I don't keep carded figures, but this one I just might have to!

Now, less articulately, I'll describe Ephont Mon:


DANG!!! HOLY COW!!! OH MY GOSH!!!! HOLY S^IT !!! BY THE FORCE!!! YIPPEE KI-YAY! WOWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEE!


Keep repeating the above sentence every time you look at your figure once you have him!

evenflow
10-29-2002, 06:09 AM
I have been searching, but nothing yet. I hope it will be soon, because he seems like to be the coolest figure to come out in a while.

pug205
10-29-2002, 06:50 AM
with only two to a case, do you guys think that will be enough? the last fan choices were readily available and easy to find. i know its early days but i hope he will be in sufficent numbers so that we all get a good chance of finding him. since this figures will be very much in demand, being a fan choice. i hope hasbro have taken this in to consideration

Old Fossil
10-29-2002, 07:40 AM
They'll probably ship Ephant Mon with several different assortments, like they did with Ellors Madak, I think.

Lewis
10-29-2002, 09:01 AM
Had mine for 3 weeks, and i am still amazed at the size and weight of it, makes you wonder how you pay the same as you do for Taun We.....Ephant Mon is a lot for your money :p

Chiesa
10-29-2002, 09:07 AM
There is no doubt that it is one of hasbro's finest figures ever! :D

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D

Prince Xizor
10-29-2002, 09:31 AM
I will have to check out my KB!

It's nice to see they are shipping Ki-Adi with him, the first wave of him seemed to have skipped my area.

Jayspawn
10-29-2002, 10:33 AM
I don't believe Mr. Mon has reached Colorado yet. But yes, he should be arriving soon.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-29-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Tycho

I don't know. I bought both of them! I'm about to go open one of mine for the first time and place him in my Jabba's Palace diorama! I don't even know what the 2nd one is for: I don't keep carded figures, but this one I just might have to!


Looks like if you hang him up you're going to need industrial size steel nails nailed into the wall about 10" just to keep him up :)

Congrats on the find Tycho...why you little.....:) j/k

I can't wait to get mine!

Anyone see them at walmart yet?

Tycho
10-29-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by pug205
with only two to a case, do you guys think that will be enough? the last fan choices were readily available and easy to find. i know its early days but i hope he will be in sufficent numbers so that we all get a good chance of finding him. since this figures will be very much in demand, being a fan choice. i hope hasbro have taken this in to consideration

Ephont Mon is no army builder. He's a great figure, but he's also very unique. Chevins do not leave their homeworld too often.

By contrast, I use the Duro figure in many, many scenes as Duros were out traveling the stars before humans had spaceflight capabilities according to SW source books.

2 Duros in the cantina (use Leia Collection Luke's jacket for the other)
Several Duros on Duro as Leia and Han organize the evacuation.
2 Duros accompanying Lott Dodd for the Senate
2 more Duros also accompanying Lott Dodd for the next Senate.
Duro in the bar when Han and Wedge revisit it to find Karrde...

I could go on, but I used 22 Duros total in all my scenes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Ephont Mon will fly off the shelves at first, because he is new and wonderful and everyone will want 2 of him.

2) He will be hard to find because stores order electronically when ALL OF YOU have bought out all their Taun We's, JarJars, Endor Soldiers with Goatees, Zam Wessels, Tusken Females and other figures you're just dying to buy 20 more of :rolleyes:

3) Scalpers will prey on those of you who give in because stores will not have a lot of Ephont Mon right now and through Christmas unless Star Wars sales move a lot faster.

4) In March (M-a-r-c-h) Ephont Mon will start to be found on the pegs - probably not warming them, but it may become a possibility. Not many will buy more than 2-3 Ephont Mons for any reason. He's not an army builder.

5) More than one of you reading this is an idiot and will have to pay $18 for a $4.99 figure because you can't ask someone at KB Toys when they are getting a truck in, and if they'll open a new Collection 2 case from the back for you. Then if they say "no" you won't try a different employee or manager, or you won't try a different store or be persistent for a week - and I will laugh at you while you post, complaining that you can't find him or must go on E-bay.

6) Most of you should be able to pay $4.99 for him and have him before X-mas with just a little effort on your part. I wish you luck. I want to read all the posts people will make about how wonderful this figure is! :)

JEDIpartner
10-29-2002, 03:25 PM
Cool... but I still want a hula hoop! ;)


...actually, still looking for the non-beard soldier!

bigbarada
10-30-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Lewis
Had mine for 3 weeks, and i am still amazed at the size and weight of it, makes you wonder how you pay the same as you do for Taun We.....Ephant Mon is a lot for your money :p

Taun We would be great doubling as Ephant Mon's toothpick.:)

Tycho, I resemble your idiot remark.:p However, there is no KB or TRU within 50 miles of here and the Wal-Mart and K-Marts were both so overloaded with figures at the time that I went ahead and gave Brian's Toys a call and arranged a trade. When all was said and done, it simply boiled down to a figure-for-figure trade, which is not all that bad.

Tycho
10-30-2002, 12:54 PM
From what I understand, what you did BigBarada was not all that dumb. I don't recall exactly what your trade was, but I was only trying to discourage a secondary market revival over this figure (Ephont Mon) with my comments.

In reality, Brian's Toys and all the other scalpers are not in the business to do a lot of trading, so that's hardly going to be the way for most people here to obtain him, and it'd be good for all of us if they focused on retailers to deliver.

KEBco
10-31-2002, 12:38 AM
Hi guys.
Just a tid bit of info to make your mouth water.
This baby is NICE. :D


http://www.kebcotoys.com/EphantMon.mpg

Darth Cruel
10-31-2002, 10:05 PM
Cool mpg Kebco.

I finally got my hands on this figure at K-Mart in Victorville CA tonight. I am a happy man!

u156446
11-01-2002, 08:54 AM
Saw two people this morning at a walmart in the Chicago suburbs that each had one in their hands. Unfortunately, I was not one of those people.

KEBco
11-01-2002, 06:31 PM
Just wanted to know - is anyone interested in seeing more mpg's of figures, etc?

KEBco:crazed:

Darth Cruel
11-01-2002, 06:33 PM
KEBco - I know I am. What a great way of showing it off.

Teeska Mon Eebon
11-01-2002, 08:33 PM
After a few months we finnially got Tatooine Attack Anikin, Along with it Ephant Mon the republic gunship and other new figures

KEBco
11-01-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cruel
KEBco - I know I am. What a great way of showing it off.

:D Don't want to show too many now, we are going to have many more of these and other new items on our completely redesigned site - coming Monday morning. Check it out. Until then, how about a look at an old favorite. :)



http://www.kebcotoys.com/XWing.mpg


KEBco

bigbarada
11-02-2002, 12:21 AM
What exactly are these things you are linking to KEBco? I clicked on the first one, but after fifteen minutes, got tired of waiting for Quicktime to download it.

Not trying to bash it, I just think I would have more patience if I knew exactly what I was going to see.

KEBco
11-02-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
What exactly are these things you are linking to KEBco? I clicked on the first one, but after fifteen minutes, got tired of waiting for Quicktime to download it.

Not trying to bash it, I just think I would have more patience if I knew exactly what I was going to see.


Its just a mpg showing a figure rotating. You can see a 360 degree rotation of the figure. Not sure why its taking so long for it to load for you. With a high speed connection, it should take about 30 seconds maximum. Cable and DSL or better should be even faster.

KEBco

SirSteve
11-02-2002, 11:01 AM
We tried this for a SHORT while (with flash) and it didn't go well. People like the high quality pictures much better.

bigbarada
11-03-2002, 11:14 AM
I have an incredibly slow connection when it comes to downloading Quicktime files. When I want to watch a movie trailer online, I will usually pop a movie in the VCR just after I start downloading the trailer. If I am lucky and my connection is running smoothly, the download will be about 90% complete after the two hour movie is over.:frus:

Plus I live outside the Alamogordo city limits, so unless I want to pay the $400 installation fee, cable is out of the question.:(

SplFrcsCWO
11-03-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
I got him at KB Toys today. He is so worth it! Possibly the best figure of the Year!

BigBarada covered a great review of him and besides - I don't want to write more, I want to go play with my new Jabba-Pal!

But KB's customer service is excellent. They brought out a new case from the back and opened it for me. I shouted out loud for joy when I saw the huge blister cards crammed in there: larger than 3 of any other figure comparatively!

It looked like:

2 Ephont Mons
2 Lott Dodds
2 Tuskens w. Massifs
1 Teemto Pegules
1 Ki-Adi Mundi
1 Watto
1 Endor Soldier (Clean Shaven)

I think there were only 10 figures in this case because of the sheer size of Ephont Mon.


That's the case. I grabbed both also. He is an incredible figure. The Mrs kept asking if it was the same price or more. I hope reps don't read this;)

KEBco
11-03-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I have an incredibly slow connection when it comes to downloading Quicktime files. When I want to watch a movie trailer online, I will usually pop a movie in the VCR just after I start downloading the trailer. If I am lucky and my connection is running smoothly, the download will be about 90% complete after the two hour movie is over.:frus:

Plus I live outside the Alamogordo city limits, so unless I want to pay the $400 installation fee, cable is out of the question.:(


WOW - I can not even imagine having to wait that long. If I download one of the trailers, I get impatient after about 30 seconds. It normally takes about 60 to 90 seconds for me on the trailers.

For now, I guess the best thing I can offer is - find one of the Ephant Mon figures at retail. Take it out of the package. Place it on some type of turn table. Turn slowly for a full 360 degrees. Look at the detail as the figure turns.

Don't mean to be a wise #$%, but I still can not get over the slow connection you are forced to live with.
As Obi-Wan would have said, "May the Force be with you.".
You need it.

KEBco

bigbarada
11-03-2002, 11:41 PM
Yeah, it really sucks, especially since I had Roadrunner internet service while I was in Ft. Bliss. That totally spoiled me, I would be downloading MP3's and surfing three different websites simultaneously with barely any slowdown. With my current dial up connection, I click the Internet Explorer icon and then can go to the bathroom and make a cup of coffee while I wait for my homepage to load up. It's completely changed the way I use the internet. Now it's too frustrating to stay online for more than an hour at a time.

JangoFart
11-04-2002, 11:12 AM
I saw Ephant at no less than four Wal-Marts in my trip to and fro Mississippi last weekend. Also I saw every figure on the pegs on this trip - Clone Pilot, Jango Pilot, Padme, etc.

The only thing I did not find which I THINK is out some places is the Holiday 2-Pack thingie thing.

J

OC47150
11-04-2002, 03:59 PM
He was spotted in Clarksville, Ind., and Lexington or Frankfort, Ky., (I can't remember which; second-hand info, y'know) Friday night and Saturday morning.

I, unfortunately, didn't find him...yet.

He is arriving!