PDA

View Full Version : Winona's First Day at TRIAL!

Deoxyribonucleic
10-28-2002, 08:34 PM
Defense claims: Over zealous security guards harrassed her

Prosecution claims: She's a thief, shoplifting over 6 thousand dollars worth of merchandise.

You be the judge.

derek
10-28-2002, 10:30 PM
from the start, this whole case has baffeled me. one question i have is why would a millionaire steal? is her life that boring? is she insane? but on the other hand, if the evidence were strong against her, she probably would of cut a deal for probation before a trial started. based on the fact that her lawyers were willing to go to trial, i say she will be found innocent. if she is really innocent, though, we'll probably never know.

Exhaust Port
10-28-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by derek
one question i have is why would a millionaire steal?

Shoplifting rarely is done for necessity but for the act of getting something free/power trip. She did it because of the thrill not because she couldn't afford the stuff.

Guilty Guilty Guilty... ;)

derek
10-28-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port

Shoplifting rarely is done for necessity but for the act of getting something free/power trip. She did it because of the thrill not because she couldn't afford the stuff.

Guilty Guilty Guilty... ;)

yea, i've heard she has actually been banned from other "high dollar" stores in california. she's got to be pretty bad to get banned from a store.

it seems to me the last thing those kind of stores would want to do is p-off their rich customers, so they really have to think she was stealing from them. but i still think she will be found not guilty. batman/beetlejuice producer jon peters is on the jury. technically he was her one time boss!

Jedi Master Silas
10-28-2002, 11:56 PM
I heard that prosecutors are not interested nor have they offered any sort of deal. I'm really wondering how strong the evidence is. My first thought is that the evidence is so damaging that they know they will get a conviction but on the other hand a jury trail can go either way no matter how much or less evidence you have. Her defence team is not backing down and neither is the prosecuters so who knows. I cant judge because I dont know the facts..I quess we will have to see what happens.

I just read about the jury to Derek....I couldnt believe that. How can he be impartial?

2-1B
10-29-2002, 03:34 AM
This whole ordeal could have been avoided if derek would not have jinxed it by changing from his Winona Ryder avatars! :crazed:

Jon
10-29-2002, 08:00 PM
Winona is cute.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-29-2002, 08:50 PM
Screw "cute", she's HOT! :D

QLD
10-29-2002, 09:11 PM
She's a little to "fragile" for my tastes.

Not that I wouldn't......

But she isn't that high on the list.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-29-2002, 10:54 PM
If the clothes do not fit, then you must acquit!

I rest my case.

derek
10-29-2002, 11:02 PM
She's a little to "fragile" for my tastes

she's like a thin reese witherspoon.;) :crazed:

QLD
10-29-2002, 11:04 PM
Reese is thick in all the right places. ;)

I want a Reese's fastbreak now just thinking about it!

Jon
10-30-2002, 12:18 AM
Reese is mighty fine, in fact she is at the top of the list. But Winona in Mr. Deeds....wow......Reese, Winona & Katie Holmes makes for nice thoughts. :)

2-1B
10-30-2002, 05:10 AM
Easy guys, the drool from your posts is running down the screen onto mine. :crazed:

Deoxy, I think I may have found the loophole in your opening post - SURELY the trashy items the perp is alleged to have stolen couldn't honestly be worth 6 thousand, could they? :D

SirSteve
10-30-2002, 01:53 PM
let's get back on topic...

I just can't get over her defense, claiming to research a role! Then the prosecuters brought in the clothes she took, that had all the security tags ripped out.

Even if she was researching a role, she still stole.

Jon
10-30-2002, 05:25 PM
I'll admit that the defense is ridiculous and she will probably have to do some kind of community service. But there is no way she will do any time or even take a real bad publicity hit.

The Overlord Returns
10-30-2002, 05:31 PM
the only reason anyone knows about this is because it is winona ryder. Joe shmoe steals everyday, and we couldn't care less. Yet the second a celebrity breaks the law we need to jump out and rake them over the coals.....

they are regular people....and just like the majority of regular people, they are prone to do stupid things (this goes in tandem with my belief that 95% of the worlds population are stupid) ;)

let her pay the damn fine and be done with it.......besides......no press is bad press.

QLD
10-30-2002, 09:43 PM
Here you go Derek. Winona decided to dress up for court today. :crazed:

And yes, this is what she actually wore to court today.

derek
10-30-2002, 10:02 PM
wow QLD,

she looks just like she did in "Lucas"!!! she looks about 13 years old!!!

i wish she would grow her hair out.;)

edit:

wait a second! that dress is see through. anyone who would wear a see through dress to court is dumb enough to shoplift.
i though only anna nicole dressed for court like that????:confused:

QLD
10-30-2002, 10:04 PM
Yeah, there is a small story about it here......

http://www.drudgereport.com/wr.htm

just amazing....

Jon
10-30-2002, 10:40 PM
Really bad idea for a court date. I like the dress on her, but in court?? She should be on trial for plain stupidity. Maybe she is doing research for a role on Texas Justice or Judge Judy for the same director that told her to go steal.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-30-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
Yeah, there is a small story about it here......

http://www.drudgereport.com/wr.htm

just amazing....

hehe....look at the chick security guard behind her...looks like she wants some of that see through dress too :eek: :crazed:

2-1B
11-01-2002, 02:21 AM
I think it's in poor taste to wear evidence to court.

:D

Exhaust Port
11-01-2002, 06:15 AM
No better way to show that your not shoplifting any more by wearing a see through dress.

"Look your Honor, I haven't stuffed any goods under my clothes all day."

JediTricks
11-01-2002, 05:50 PM
Wow, I didn't know it was possible to stuff a non-issue into another non-issue.

Exhaust Port
11-02-2002, 10:15 AM
She stuffs? ;)

derek
11-02-2002, 11:21 AM
Wow, I didn't know it was possible to stuff a non-issue into another non-issue

jeditricks, i don't completly understand this. are you saying the celebrity trial is a non-issue?

JediTricks
11-03-2002, 07:17 PM
are you saying it's not? :D

Jargo
11-03-2002, 07:37 PM
Winona who? :zzz:

Deoxyribonucleic
11-06-2002, 05:31 PM
Just saw on the news... Winona Ryder got a guilty verdict for shoplifting :eek:

Now they are talking if this verdict will make her more popular than she was before????

The Overlord Returns
11-06-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Wow, I didn't know it was possible to stuff a non-issue into another non-issue.

Best post I have seen in this thread, without a doubt.

derek
11-06-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
Just saw on the news... Winona Ryder got a guilty verdict for shoplifting :eek:

Now they are talking if this verdict will make her more popular than she was before????

i'm hoping she will just put this behind her, skip all the sappy interview shows like barbara walters and larry king and just concentrate on making good films.

2-1B
11-06-2002, 07:11 PM
2 out of 3 ain't bad . . .

JON9000
11-07-2002, 12:30 PM
I think Winona needs some community service. Cleaning public toilets would be a nice start. I so love to see the mighty humbled.

The Overlord Returns
11-07-2002, 12:33 PM
She's hardly mighty. Besides, there was a report last night about how, out of 5000 shoplifting cases to date, hers was the only one pursued in this manner.

Celebrity or not, that is hardly fair.

2-1B
11-07-2002, 07:12 PM
She should clean toilets with the clothing she stole. :D