PDA

View Full Version : Top Costumes

InsaneJediGirl
10-29-2002, 08:21 AM
I didnt think this fit with Caesars thread..so..here it goes :D:DI was actually suprised with the results(found in my local newspaper).

Top 10 Costumes
For Men,Women,Boys&Girls

1-Starwars(Anakin and Padme)
2-Scooby-Doo(Scooby,Shaggy,&All the Gang)
3-Spider-Man
4-Lilo and All Disney Princesses
5-Bob the Builder
6-Austin Powers(Also Foxxy Cleopatra)
7-Spongebob Squarepants
8-Harry Potter
9-Superman
10-Classic Monsters w/ Goth Touches

I thought Spider-man would have came in first considering the popularity of the movie.Mabye kids have already moved onto the next fad?:crazed: :confused:

mabudonicus
10-29-2002, 08:43 AM
I don't see Jar Jar ANYWHERE on that list.... what, I'm the only one dressing as Jar Jar AGAIN this year??? ARRRRRGHHH... it's not WORKING as I planned....
Seriously, I'm quite surprised that SW characters are on the list at all, never mind at the top... when clones came out, it seemed like 90% of everyone (maybe even more) could have cared less...
I'm gonna keep an eye out thursday, maybe keep a list... Last haloween, a sorta chubby little fellow came to our door dressed as what I thought to be harry potter, with glasses and a little rope belt and a sword, basically a fantasy costume.. my girlfriend asked if he was supposed to be the harry one, and the kid seemed a bit miffed, responding "no, duh, I'm a HOBBIT!!!"
I thought that was pretty cool, since the film hadn't even come out yet, or even really been pushed TOO hard by that point....
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

jjreason
10-29-2002, 10:30 AM
Traumatic grade school moment #78 - wearing my homemade Chewbacca costume to school and winning a prize as...."Jim Reason, the Teddy Bear!". How embarrassing. How em bar as sing.......

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-29-2002, 10:45 PM
My brother and his girlfriend decided to dress up this year for Halloween. My brother bought a wizard's costume and is going as Gandalf. The thing though is his girlfriend. She is dressing up as Queen Amidala, the Padme in chains outfit from EpII. She is a Star Wars fan, but not a real big one. It was very surprising to see her pick that costume.

As far as embarassing Halloween moments, I remember when I dressed up as a Pirate one year in 6th grade, but since I wear glasses, a couple people thought I was Waldo from "Where's Waldo?" I felt like an even bigger dork.