PDA

View Full Version : New Yoda Jedi Council Carded

Prince Xizor
10-29-2002, 01:34 PM
Here is a picture just posted by of the new (or old) Yoda carded. Now that I look at it closer, it doesn't look all that bad. I will probably pick it up.

JangoFart
10-29-2002, 01:44 PM
I think it looks just like the same pile of crap that the EP1 Yoda looked like. But, I'm sure I'll end up buying it :( Damn lack of free will!!

J

Beast
10-29-2002, 02:04 PM
Well, the paintjob looks a bit better then the prototype/first shot that we saw a while ago. And it is good for the little kiddies that never got the E1 Yoda figure. I'm not suprised Hasbro did it really. Since Yoda is super hot right now, and the earliest they could get a totally new figure of him out would be next year. I'll be picking one up, because I'm a slave to Star Wars. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Evil
10-29-2002, 02:12 PM
Not too bad. I hope he can hold his lightsaber with both hands.

JEDIpartner
10-29-2002, 02:15 PM
The head is SO not "Attack of the Clones." That is a total disappointment. Oh, well... that's Hasblah for you!

Jargo
10-29-2002, 03:37 PM
And the point of this release would be......? Why on earth would you release a figure that wasn't that hard to find when it was first released again? I could understand them releasing the AOTC yoda again with a different accessory but the TPM Yoda is just so bad it's not good. The addition of a magnet and a lightsaber makes it special somehow does it? Well i don't see it that way so I'll definately be saving a few pennies by not buying this. seems such a waste of case space to ship this effort out.

Battle Droid
10-29-2002, 03:57 PM
New? LOL.

corporal AMF
10-29-2002, 03:58 PM
It's afigure I don't need.......no one here needs it....Only as you said before kids that wasn't for the '99 hype........I'll wait till the next yoda, one who can hold his lightsaber with both hands and have an AOTC face ! >:

LTBasker
10-29-2002, 04:23 PM
I thought we were supposed to get one the Jedi kids with this? That really sucks. Granted it's cheaper than when it first came out and he comes with his lightsaber, it's still pretty dumb. If they retool the chair so he could actually SIT in it and not slide out that'd at least make it worth getting, but with no modifications....geez.

Remind anyone else of the Simpsons episode about that doll that was a take on Barbie and they were making a big deal because they had rereleased one of the dolls but then Moe pointed out that she had a new hat and everything was fine? :rolleyes:

AmanaMatt
10-29-2002, 04:27 PM
This kind of thing doesn't bug me. Back during the Kenner days, every figure was re-released multiplie times during their original run, so if somebody out there still needs this guy, more power to them.

187-Maul
10-29-2002, 04:28 PM
another figure I don't need...
although he doesn't looks that bad actually, I have absolutely no use for a yoda that STILL can't hold his lightsaber in both hands

Lord Tenebrous
10-29-2002, 04:34 PM
I kinda wish they'd held off until the 2003 Yoda w/ Youngling, and re-released something that actually made sense, like Naboo Security or Royal Guard. The initial Yoda release became something of a present topper for me, being that I got 6 at TRU for $9.

I also don't think Hasbro realizes the Yoda is popular because of his fight scene, not just the ability to hold a lightsaber. And know why he needs "Force Powers"? This Yoda sculpt won't hold a lightsaber to save its life. :rolleyes:

JangoFart
10-29-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
The head is SO not "Attack of the Clones."

Very well said. The EP1 Yoda and EP2 Yoda look like completely different characters, to me. The job they did on Yoda in EP2 was awesome and more in line with ESB. I never dug on the EP1 Yoda. And, to me, the problem with the EP1 Yoda figure was that it looked just like the terrible looking movie character. (This is NORMALLY a good thing; but not in this case.)

J

JEDIpartner
10-29-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Amanamatt
This kind of thing doesn't bug me. Back during the Kenner days, every figure was re-released multiplie times
during their original run, so if somebody out there still needs this guy, more power to them.

Kenner never tried to pass off an old figure as a new one. They just used the same picture, but the banner read "The Empire Strikes Back" or "Return of the Jedi". :mad:

Darth Trymybestus
10-29-2002, 05:20 PM
This Yoda is really cool actually, I've got the Phantom Menace Yoda and the Attack of the Clones Yoda, I might get this.
JarJar is right, Yoda is HOT right now :crazed: and it's a great opportunity for the people who didn't get the Phantom Menace Yoda (that wasn't easy to find!).
I think it does look a little different to the Phantom Menace one, you can tell this Yoda is from Attack of the Clones... ahh it's growing on me already.
Wow, Hasbro seriously is spoiling us, I find it hard to believe when people diss the Saga line, we've had so many great figures and more to come (Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight being my most anticipated :) )

BlahBlahBlah
10-29-2002, 05:21 PM
Is it just me, or does that Yoda look stoned?

stad
10-29-2002, 05:32 PM
The people passing this off as "new" are the ones that are stoned!

sith_killer_99
10-29-2002, 06:18 PM
LOL:D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-29-2002, 08:10 PM
I'll get it, of course.
On the main page, they said it was #53. If so, then we are still getting a Yoda with Jedi Youngling - that one is #15 for 2003. That is good.
I want it, mainly for the chair, which I can use in the Jedi Council as Even Piell's chair.

Originaly posted by BlahBlahBlah
Is it just me, or does that Yoda look stoned?
That's why they call it the High council :D:D:D:D:D:D

Banthaholic
10-30-2002, 12:21 AM
It could be worse # 53, could be another Jango Fett.

Battle Droid
10-30-2002, 12:26 AM
I'd rather have another Jango than a rehash Yoda.

stad
10-30-2002, 01:06 AM
Jango in sleepover jammies '02 #54

With pillow action feature and Teddy sentry accessory.

LTBasker
10-30-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by stad
Jango in sleepover jammies '02 #54

With pillow action feature and Teddy sentry accessory.

Ooh, should come in a pillow duel 2-pack with nightgown Padme! :D

Ya know if they released some more Jedi with articulated knees and their chairs this Yoda wouldn't be so bad... Maybe if they made something like the Cantina bar sets but for Jedi with cloth cloaks and bendable knees and their chairs then that'd be great. To make it less expensive to make they could reuse Ki-Adi (again), Preview Mace, POTJ Plo Koon, and POTJ Saesee Tiin with the rest being new. Well more or less, since we hardly saw their tunics and such they could just reuse the torsos and such from POTJ Saesee and Plo, all the reused legs would of course need retooling to be articulated though. If they released Yaddle she could be a basic figure like Yoda and Even Piell could also be a basic fig with his chair. I just wish they would do them like the vintage Yoda instead of a uni-leg, just a basic outer cloth robe with articulated knees would be great.

Jayspawn
10-30-2002, 01:37 AM
I'm not too impressed but I'll get it anyway. It's kind of an old favorites kind of a thing.

JangoFart
10-30-2002, 01:51 AM
That articulated knees idea is great. Heck, I think it would be great to sort of mix the 3 3/4 inch line with the Lego line and morph them into one new line. For instance, there could be a connecting point at the waist which would allow us to add a lower body with articulated knees to allow the figures to make other poses. Or figures with removeable arms and head so you could, for instance, put a Stormtrooper's head on a Clone Trooper's body to make the "interim" Trooper.

But, now I'm rambling. :)

J

gibbspaulus
10-30-2002, 04:44 AM
Okay - repaint bad
Re-issue - good.

I do feel sorry for completists who have set themselves a remit to buy every figure regardless, but I think it's a nice idea.

Chiesa
10-30-2002, 07:41 AM
It doesn't look that terrible to me. Might consider getting it but I'm going broke at the moment!!

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D

Old Fossil
10-30-2002, 11:42 AM
Right there with you, Chiesa!

I have the EpI Yoda and the Saga Yoda. They're both nice figures. This reissue is not so bad, looks greener than the EpI figure, more like our favorite.... whatever species Yoda is.

hango fett
10-30-2002, 12:15 PM
i might get this one....out of the card, that is. i will defintly get one for my collection, but that may be all...i'll have to see it in person first...
h

lapork
10-30-2002, 03:50 PM
Curiousity for those interested: the person selling this Yoda with no visible sculpted legs/feet but just another piece of block plastic when he sits down on his chair has what seems to be an entire case of Y-wings!

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=kw-min&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

I've only seen this in a Target ONCE: the only piece that I've got!

Beast
10-30-2002, 04:01 PM
So, he's got a full case of them? He probably has a overseas Hasbro dealer license. And yes, it appears he does. Notice the fact that it says the boxes have a TOMY sticker on them. That mean's it's Hasbro's Japan corporation.

Remeber that exclusives here, are normally available for regular retailer orders overseas. That's how the majority of on-line retailers get their product. Only some of the shadier ones actually scalp from stores. More power to him, since they would have cost an arm and a leg to import. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
10-30-2002, 06:58 PM
this Yoda is cool, the SAGA Yoda - Jedi Master is the best Yoda yet.. the question is, will we get a new Old Trilogy Yoda sometime? I think the others that we've had were ok, the POTF2 one with the "hair" was pretty cool but Hasbro can do mucho better than that :) :crazed:

Jargo
10-30-2002, 07:52 PM
If they can manage to get the arms on Taun We to work and the joints onthe tiny pit droids to work they can give yoda proper working legs no sweat. Shove soft goods on him and just pack him with some small accessory like his cane or yet another lightsaber. That's all he needs. It'd be a wicked figure no doubt about that. No other gimmick, just an articulated soft goods Yoda. He's a pivotal character so he deserves something decent after all this time. The AOTC Yodas are good but for me it's a case of close, but no cigar. This Episode one Yoda just doesn't cut it since they completely changed him to a more OT Yoda look in CGI. He seemed a wee bit odd the first time he was released but now he seems even more incongruous.

Darth Trymybestus
10-30-2002, 08:15 PM
I know what you mean, CGI Yoda rocks, hopefully Lucas will put that right and add a NEW Yoda to The Phantom Menace, hell he's unsatisfied with it and it'll bug him too bad!

Lord Tenebrous
10-30-2002, 08:16 PM
Maybe we'll finally get that 'dream' version with Yoda (Clone Wars).

Isn't it interesting how Rebelscum has this as a separate section? Almost like they're anticipating Hasbro to do a few EU waves...

Beast
10-30-2002, 08:21 PM
Well, we do have 2 chances for perfect Yoda's in 2003. Yoda w/ Youngling at the beginning of the year. And the Yoda: Clone Wars figure that Lord Tenebrous mentioned that is showing up on early retailer lists for later in the year. A Screen Scene would be a really nice way to do a new OT Yoda. A new Luke: Dagobah and Yoda set would be a very cool Screen Scene. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Prince Xizor
10-30-2002, 10:43 PM
I am very surprised that we haven't gotten some crap Deluxe Yoda that spins or flips. The little booger rolls up into a ball and gets sent flying across the room.

jblodgett
10-31-2002, 09:14 AM
Umm.. is that not the EXACT same figure that was released with Episode I??

Does this mean we've got another Qui-Gon Jinn on the way?

187-Maul
10-31-2002, 10:43 AM
well we haven't had a Episode 1 Obi-Wan in the Saga line yet, jblodgett...;)
although it wouldn't be that bad to get a new E1 Obi if they would do him right this time, I'm still waiting for one in his cloak (plastic) but in a blast deflecting pose (like I posted some months ago in some thread in the dear hasbro section)

Darth Trymybestus
10-31-2002, 02:15 PM
surprise surprise.. it's turned up on EBAY!http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1782666286
who's gonna bid then? :crazed: :crazed:
It's currently at $16.50 I think I'll wait until it's a fraction of that :)
I've attached a pic of the back of the card... this figure looks pretty cool with the lightsaber but sadly not as good as the SAGA Yoda Jedi Master, that figure just rocks :D

187-Maul
10-31-2002, 07:11 PM
well, actually if you look on page 2 of this thread you can see that this ebay-auction was already posted here...

Darth Detori
10-31-2002, 09:42 PM
you know what'd be cool? A yoda sketch show. Kinda like the muppets! And the other co-stars would be ewoks, jawas, and Ben Quadrinaros. And a bunch of extra yodas too, just to make it interesting.

and yeah, I'll probably get that figure anyway