PDA

View Full Version : Treehouse of Horror

Arrogant Arse
10-29-2002, 01:52 PM
Okay, Halloween is comeing up, so I thought I'd ask: "What is your favorite Treehouse of Horror skit?"

My favorite comes from ToH2-"The Raven" It had an excellent reading of The Raven by James Earl Jones himself, attached to an excellent, funny and spooky interpretation of the words by Bart, Homer, and Marge. I always get chills when I watch this one, and I am always amazed at the creativity in the production of it.

What is your favorite?

James Boba Fettfield
10-29-2002, 02:09 PM
Treehouse of Horror 3, Episode: Dial Z For Zombies.
I really liked this part of it

Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad!
Homer: Did you wreck the car?
Bart: No!
Homer: Did you raise the dead?
Lisa: Yes!
Homer: But the car's okay?
Bart and Lisa: Uh huh.
Homer: All right then.

Rogue II
10-29-2002, 02:44 PM
I can't remember which episode it was, but "the Shinning" skit had me rolling.

Homer: "No beer and no TV make Homer something something."
Marge: "Go crazy?"
Homer: "Don't mind if I do!!!!"

kadamontaga
10-29-2002, 03:27 PM
Speaking of which, have at look at what we UK residents have got http://pub132.ezboard.com/fthesimpsonscommunity71818frm4.showMessage?topicID =6232.topic

Ner ner.

Jek Porky 2002
10-29-2002, 03:28 PM
I can't remember which one it's from, I think it was III, but the one with the evil Krusty Doll was funny.

Rogue II
10-29-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
I can't remember which one it's from, I think it was III, but the one with the evil Krusty Doll was funny.

Jek, my friend, I haven't seen you post in a while. Good to see you're still around.

Is the one you're talking about where Krusty ends up moving into the Malibu Stacey house? That one was pretty good.

odb
10-29-2002, 04:53 PM
Kudos and Kang, without doubt.

I'm undecided on whether it is where they become replicas of Bob Dole and Bill Clinton and try to win the presidential election, or where the two of them abduct the whole family for a feast on their planet (the more spacedust one) or alternatively the one where the show ends with the two of them asking when the call to appear in the show will come.

JediTricks
10-29-2002, 05:34 PM
I kinda like "Bad Dream House" from THOH1 where the haunted house tries to drive the family mad but eventually can't stand them and kills itself rather than spend a lifetime with them.

Also, in THOH5 (the same one as "The Shinning" which was funny right up until the end which killed it IMO), I liked the very un-halloweeny "Time and Punishment" where Homer goes back in time and changes the present over and over. I especially like the rich version of his life where Homer has everything but the family doesn't know what donuts are, so he leaves and right afterwards, Marge exclaims "hmm, it's raining again" and it starts raining donuts.

Another non-halloweenesque ep in THOH6 was one of my faves, "Homer³". A great play on a classic Twilight Zone ep, 3d Homer was too much, and the ending made perfect sense.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-29-2002, 06:24 PM
I loved the 3-D Homer one. That was great!!! Here is my list:

1. Y2K- Where Homer doesn't Y2K comply the plant and everything goes haywire. Lisa and Marge (with maggie) get a plane to fly to Mars to start a new civilization. Bart and Homer sneak aboard a plane, but it's full of crappy movie stars and is crashing into the sun.
2. Can't get enough of that sugar crisp!! "homer, did you put the fog lights in?" Cause i forgot to put the fog lights in! - Where Flan-diddily-ders is a werewolf. That one is great.
3. The one with the Harry Potter reference. Ned says, "Then they went to Hell. Just like Harry Potter and all his friends did for practicing witchcraft!" "yay!!!"

I can't wait for the new THOH. now that baseball is over, we can go back to Simpsons every sunday! wooohoo!!! (that is unless football doesn't mess with it...grrrrrrrrrr) :D

187-Maul
10-29-2002, 06:28 PM
I love the one where homer travels in time
"The Shinning" and "Dial Z for Zombies" are great too

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-29-2002, 08:34 PM
I love pretty much every Treehouse of Horror story. The only drag is that lately FOX has been premiering the Halloween stories after Halloween. I understand that is because of the World Series, but you lose a little bit of the excitement once the holiday is passed.

One of my favorites include: "The Devil and Homer Simpson" in where Homer sells his soul to The Prince of Darkness--Ned Flanders ("because it's always the one you least expect"). He then bargains his way for his soul after a technicality--that Marge is the true owner of Homer's soul. But Devil Flanders at the end of the skit exacts revenge by changing Homer into a donut.

Favorite quotes: Homer is hungry for a donut at the power plant so he opens his emergency donut box in which a note says "I owe you one emergency donut. Signed Homer"
Homer states: "That bastage, always one step ahead of me."

Devil Flanders "I give to you the Jury of the Damned. Lizzy Borden, Blackbeard the Pirate, Jack the Ripper, Richard Nixon ('but I'm not dead yet.' Flanders: 'Hey I did you a favor!' Nixon: 'Yes master.') and the starting lineup of the 1976 Philadelphia Flyers.

At the end of the story, Homer is picking at his donut head.

Marge: "Homer, stop picking at your head."
Homer: Oh, Marge! But I'm so sweet and tasty!" (looks at his watch). Time for work!" Goes to leave but see's Chief Wiggum and the entire Springfield squad outside waiting for Homer.

Wiggum: "Don't worry boys, he's gotta come out of there some time."

Other favorites include the spoof on the William Shatner Twilight Zone episode in which he is the only one to see a monster on the wing of an airplane. This case it's Bart seeing a Gremlin on the side of the bus.
And the toupee possessed by snake that goes on a killing rampage.

Exhaust Port
10-30-2002, 07:42 PM
" Dad, you killed Zombie Flanders!"

"Flanders was a Zombie?"

Jon
10-30-2002, 10:07 PM
I have always liked anything with Kang & Kodos. I especially like the older one with the monkey paw and Lisa wishes world peace and when all governments disarm Kang & Kodos take over the world with slingshots, that is until people start chasing them with boards with nails in it. I just crack up everytime I see that one.

JediTricks
11-01-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
2. Can't get enough of that sugar crisp!! "homer, did you put the fog lights in?" Cause i forgot to put the fog lights in! - Where Flan-diddily-ders is a werewolf. That one is great.
3. The one with the Harry Potter reference. Ned says, "Then they went to Hell. Just like Harry Potter and all his friends did for practicing witchcraft!" "yay!!!" I think Homer was singing "Guess I forgot to put the foglights in!" to the Sugar Crisp tune. :D

Flanders telling his boys about Harry Potter and all his wizard friends going straight to hell for practicing witchcraft wasn't a THOH, it was the episode "Trilogy of Error" where Homer gets his thumb cut off and we see how the day progresses from 3 different points of view.

Exhaust Port
11-02-2002, 09:44 AM
<WARNING: Simpsons NERD ALERT>

Wasn't it 4? Homer, Lisa, Bart and Marge w/ Maggie?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-03-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I think Homer was singing "Guess I forgot to put the foglights in!" to the Sugar Crisp tune. :D

Flanders telling his boys about Harry Potter and all his wizard friends going straight to hell for practicing witchcraft wasn't a THOH, it was the episode "Trilogy of Error" where Homer gets his thumb cut off and we see how the day progresses from 3 different points of view.

My most sincere apologies for the inaccurate reference. I cannot describe how ashamed i am for my lack of Simpsons-esque quotes. I shall dig a hole and sink into it. :crazed: hehehhehe

JediTricks
11-03-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
<WARNING: Simpsons NERD ALERT>

Wasn't it 4? Homer, Lisa, Bart and Marge w/ Maggie? Nope, the three pieces were: "Homer's Day", "Lisa's Day", and "Bart's Day"

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
My most sincere apologies for the inaccurate reference. I cannot describe how ashamed i am for my lack of Simpsons-esque quotes. I shall dig a hole and sink into it. :crazed: hehehhehe WORST... SARCASM... EVER!

;):D

master jedi
11-03-2002, 08:40 PM
Mine would probably be The Raven.

I just saw the new treehouse of horror 13 and must say it was the worst......episode.......EVER!

Rogue II
11-03-2002, 08:41 PM
I just saw Treehouse of Horror 13. It was pretty funny, but it wasn't as funny as some of the previous years.

2-1B
11-03-2002, 08:43 PM
I liked it when the Guinea Pig said, "We prefer to be called Italian-American Pigs." :D

James Boba Fettfield
11-03-2002, 09:52 PM
I was a bit disappointed with the zombie story. Wasn't what I expected to be. I think my favorite part was when Moe shot the second Homer from the future. "What is this, open mic night?"

2-1B
11-03-2002, 11:07 PM
Oh,
I forgot about the part in Clones where they pan over the crowd and we see the Family Guy and the old drawing style Homer. :D

Rogue II
11-04-2002, 07:46 AM
On the radio this morining, they were asking which character was the Panda at the end of the Dr. Hibbard's Island. I couldn't remember.

scruffziller
11-04-2002, 08:34 AM
My favorite moment was the one where Homer travels through time with the toaster and arrives back where he is filthy rich but noone knows what a donut is. Then as soon as he leaves it rains donuts. A pinnacle Simpsons' irony moment, not just in THOH eps, but in all.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-04-2002, 02:48 PM
I like 3D Homer!

"Oooooo, Erotic Cakes.......hmmmmmmm!"

:p

Patient Zero
11-04-2002, 02:55 PM
Anyone else notice in Clones when all of the clones came up one side of a grassy hill and down towards the camera. Looked exactly like the droid army in EP1 at the beginning of the battle at Naboo.

PS Hope noone else mentioned this already.

Rogue II
11-04-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
Anyone else notice in Clones when all of the clones came up one side of a grassy hill and down towards the camera. Looked exactly like the droid army in EP1 at the beginning of the battle at Naboo.

That was the first think I thought of when I saw that. I was suprised they didn't carry out more Star Wars references.

JediTricks
11-04-2002, 10:01 PM
I wouldn't say this was the worst ep ever... but it's down there near the bottom IMO. Peter Griffin should have had more of a part in the clones bit.

Rogue II
11-04-2002, 10:54 PM
It had some funny parts, but could have been better.

OC47150
11-08-2002, 01:22 PM
I have to admit, some of the earlier THOH episodes are better than some of the later ones, although there are a few shining (no pun intended) segments in the last few years.

Last year's Harry Potter segment was good. Anything with Milhouse in it is funny!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-09-2002, 01:04 AM
Yeah, I was a little disappointed with this year's edition. I can always tell a lame episode--not a lot of memorable or funny parts that I could retell or quote. This year's contained few of those.

Plus, it came out after Halloween again, (I realize that is because of baseball).

You figure 13 years of TOH, multiplied by the 3 'shorts' that make up each episode and you get 39 stories. It maybe does get hard to come up with new material year after year.

OC47150
11-11-2002, 08:36 AM
Sunday night's episode (the Rolling Stones episode) was one of the funniest I've seen in a long time.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-20-2002, 10:16 PM
Found this while browsing through Compuserve News. Let me warn you there are spoilers ahead regarding upcoming story lines for future Simpson's episodes for this season, including the 300th special episode. Plus, it looks like the actors have taped an appearance on Bravo's Inside the Actor's Studio

So enter at your own risk! :Pirate:

Originally posted by Compuserve News
If you don't want to know what will happen on the landmark 300th episode of "The Simpsons"--set to air in February--then just stop reading this story right now. This is your only warning: Spoilers ahead! For the first time ever, all six of the main actors, er...voices, gathered together on Tuesday night for a taping of Bravo's "Inside the Actor's Studio." Spilling the beans on the 300th episode were Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, and Harry Shearer. This marked the first time Kavner has ever appeared in a group interview with the rest of the cast.

According to The New York Post, "Simpsons" executive producer Al Jean revealed: Bart finds out that Homer has squandered the small fortune that Bart made by appearing in a commercial for a product called Baby-Stink-Breath when he was just two-years-old. An enraged Bart goes to court to cut ties to his family, citing irreconcilable differences.

Here are other spoiler tidbits the Post reports that the cast members revealed on "Actor's Studio," which will be broadcast the same night as the 300th "Simpsons" show:
• Krusty the Clown claims his success comes from stealing most of former Rat Packer member Joey Bishop's act.
• Marge Simpson discloses that Homer is "a big, fat, loud love-machine."
• Smithers' screen saver? It features several naked pictures of his boss Monte Burns. "I'd characterize my lifestyle as subdued flamboyance," he said.
• "Life is like a donut," says Homer, "round on the outside and empty on the inside."