PDA

View Full Version : WWE 12" figures

Jedi Master Silas
10-29-2002, 08:34 PM
Does anyone collect the WWE/WWF 12 "figures??? I just picked up the new Rob Van Dam and Booker T figs tonight. I got Jericho and HHH a few weeks ago on a trip to Chicago. The likeness is amazing!The Van Dam sucks but the rest are great. The Rock, Stone Cold and Undertaker from last year are very cool!!! Jakks makes the figures and they have a machine that actually scans the wrestler to make his or her figure!:p

derek
11-02-2002, 04:18 PM
i saw these in K-Mart. i don't watch wrestling, but am familiar with the characters, and they are great sculpts.

i may be wrong, but i think the same people who "real-scanned" the wrestling guys, also "real-scanned" the star wars actors.

how is the articulation on these figures? it looks like the elbows and knees are just solid plastic.

Jedi Master Silas
11-02-2002, 06:42 PM
Thats the only thing that totally sucks about this new wave Derek...the articulation. Although the joints are smooth I almost broke the darn thing trying to bend the leg...the other waves had great articulation but th Booker, Van Dam wave dont.
I didnt know they did the digi scan on the SW actors.

QLD
11-02-2002, 07:11 PM
I haven't seen the 12" figures, but I will keep an eye out for them. I do have the regular size Booker and Hurricane.

derek
11-02-2002, 07:44 PM
I didnt know they did the digi scan on the SW actors

yea, the company is called "Gentle Giant". they were on the set of episode 2 in australia and scanned the actors and a lot of props. they scanned the WWF people, and the LOTR actors, i believe. have you seen the new 1/6th scale bilbo baggins? it's perfect. but legalos is horrible. go figure.

somehow hasbro screwed this up, except for maybe the 12 inch dooku and electronic jango. but those wrestling sculpts on the 12 inch figs are awesome.

derek
11-02-2002, 07:55 PM
i just found the gentle giant website, and they did indeed scan the WWF, star wars, LOTR, matrix 2 & 3, harry potter....

http://www.gentlegiantstudios.com/

Jedi Master Silas
11-03-2002, 07:04 PM
Cool! Thanks Derek! :) :) :)
QLD yes they made Booker..I have him. I dont know if they are going to make The Hurricane but that would be very cool. Booker actaully looks alot like himself..it's a nice fig but like I said the articulation sucks. Oh alos the price is good. Regular price is 14.99 but when we took our figs up to the register they rang up as 11.34 if memory serves me right.