PDA

View Full Version : TRU exclusive 12in. Leia as Boussh pics.

Battle Droid
10-29-2002, 09:34 PM
link removed

derek
10-29-2002, 09:45 PM
link isn't working

Battle Droid
10-29-2002, 09:55 PM
They're page is down I guess.

derek
10-29-2002, 10:01 PM
did you save the photo to your hard drive?
did it have her helmet off?

Battle Droid
10-29-2002, 10:12 PM
Yeah her helmet was off, there were a couple of pics like 4 or 5 I believe.

Sorry didn't save the pics to my hard drive.

derek
10-29-2002, 10:15 PM
so, new head? or old re-hash from the 3 pack?
remember, first rule of fight club is to save everything to your hard drive.:)

Battle Droid
10-29-2002, 10:23 PM
I don't have the old one, but by going by a pic I believe it's a new head, but I'm not sure.

derek
10-29-2002, 10:28 PM
here's the old one:
http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=727

i've seen mock up photos of the new one, but with the helmet on.

Darth Cruel
10-29-2002, 11:16 PM
I don't remember the details on the old one as mine has been in storage almost since I got it. But I saw pics (sorry no attachment) that leave me disappointed for now. I hope they were bad pics.

Battle Droid
10-29-2002, 11:52 PM
Nevermind, now that won't work. It only works if I restart my computer. I tried attaching a pic but it said it was to big

Jedi Master Silas
10-30-2002, 01:53 AM
Well hell!!!! LOL I want to see! I want to see! I have the old one that came with the TRU 3 pack...how can they make it look any better? I hate when Hasbro does stupid stuff like this...we already have one LB why make another???????? I do want to see it though

derek
10-30-2002, 07:57 AM
here is the only photo i could find. it is indeed a new head sculpt.(yea!!!) and looks to be on a barbie body.(boo!!!)

oh well, a new head and outfit will transfer to a new body.:)
i could do without that goofy smile though.:confused:

I hate when Hasbro does stupid stuff like this...we already have one LB why make another

if they can improve on an already existing figure, or if it was very hard to find, like bib fortuna, imperial gunner, or scout trooper, i'm all for re-releases.:)

Jedi Master Silas
10-30-2002, 12:04 PM
Well shucks...what a disappointment.I think she looks more like Lita from the WWE then Carrie Fisher. Whats up with sculpts???

Actually when I go look at the old one this new one does look better.

Tycho
10-30-2002, 03:24 PM
Okay Kids,

It's the head from Princess Leia's Ceremony Figure (Classic SW Portrait Edition).

It is so wrong on this figure.

Leia looks like she's saying "Oh a Hutt! I'm so happy to see one! They smell so wonderful..."

Or "Look, there's Han! He's frozen in carbonite in a look of pain and anguish. I'm so happy for him!"

At SW Celebration I (in Denver, Colorado) myself, Thrawn, and SirSteve talked with (Darren?) the sculptor who made Leia Boussh (the original 3-pack's figure) and said that he didn't like the way it turned out in production from what he'd originally made, and how he'd originally painted it.

In this instance, I disagree with Hasbro's assesment and suggest that they did better than they thought. My Leia Boussh (from the 3-pack) looks like she's about as 'happy' as she could be to find herself in the stinkiest, infestation of murderers, drug-dealers, and cut-throats in all the galaxy - and then add Jabba to that list of compliments.

Also, Leia's pony tail is supposed to be tucked into her disguise, because Boussh was a male Ubesian Bounty Hunter that Xizor had killed. Obviously, Leia didn't want to let on that she was a lady under that helmet - but I suppose it was the only way to get Han to kiss her ;)

Battle Droid
10-30-2002, 03:36 PM
Pic

Tycho
10-30-2002, 03:58 PM
He doesn't like it.

I don't like it either.

You just watch it! This product has "lame" and "discount" written all over it in 12 nations!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Exhaust Port
10-30-2002, 06:39 PM
Thanks but no thanks Hasbro. Next time give us a new figure an not waste our time with re-issues.

libuse
10-30-2002, 06:57 PM
I love the leia 12 inch boussh! Better looking then the last leia boussh. Where is the exclusive again going to be?

Old Fossil
10-30-2002, 07:47 PM
Looks fine to me. Because of that, I doubt I'll ever see it at retail...

mini-rock
10-30-2002, 10:09 PM
Yeah, looks ok. I should be getting a shipping notice from Amazon soon.:D

derek
10-30-2002, 11:21 PM
thanks to battledroid for the pic.:)

i'm not 100% sure this is the ceremonial leia head, but i'm thinking tycho is right. i've seen a trick that can be used to remove the "smile" off this barbie head, and i probably will do this.
it involves removing the head, cutting the "teeth" out and glueing the mouth shut. a smiling leia bounty hunter is not the way i would of gone with this figure. so far, i think the previous leia/bousch head is better.

apparently the han/carbonite block is an all new sculpt. supposidly there is a button that can be pushed causing the block to "light up" simlulating han being freed from his carbon prison.

i would of rather had this release be a 2 pack with an all new han solo head sculpt, after he was unfrozen, along with the carbon block with no figure in it.

Jayspawn
10-30-2002, 11:44 PM
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Why Hasbro do you curse every 12" female figure you make?!?!?!?!?!

gtrain29
11-01-2002, 02:39 PM
Wow! I've looked at the pics several times and they look awful!!!! Once again, I must ask, "What is the point of making exclusive figures if you are going to reissue them later?" (I have the first leia boushh and it rocks.)
Also, why reissue a figure if you are going to make it worse than the original?!
That barbie looks nothing like leia, and that carbonite block doesn't even look 3D.
Oh well, once again time wasted that could have been spent making a totally new 12" figure.

Turbowars
11-01-2002, 05:20 PM
Man, I don't know what to say. Hasbro please put your efforts into something new. If anything you should have just thrown the 1st release in a single Saga box and called it good. Like above, it would have been nice to see a Bib Fortuna or DS Gunner in her place. What ever, I have her in the KB 3 pack and I found her loose on ebay back then for about 20 bones. She is a very cool figure with the helmet on. That's it, just leave the helmet on! I would really like to see hasbro package her with the helmet on. Yeah right. They would say something like, kids wont know who she is. If that the case, a kid has know business buying SW crap in the 1st place. See now I got myself all charged up! LOL;)

JediTricks
11-01-2002, 06:52 PM
This is a perfect example of bad paint apps ruining an OK sculpt. The sculpt looks good to me, but the cheeseball eyelashes, big Barbie eyes, glossy lips, and Marie Osmond teeth turn this figure bad. I bet if you repaint this fig, it'll be way better.

libuse
11-01-2002, 08:34 PM
I guess I am the only one who really likes the leia boussh.
I collect only leia 12 inch, padme dolls and i like the barbie doll look maybe cos i am girl I like them to look pretty. I did not collect the last leia boussh or hoth leia cos they are ugly butI can see where you are coming from.

Tycho
11-02-2002, 04:02 AM
I like the Barbie look when you can SEE most of them, and consequently bad joint edges: for example, Slave Leia from FAO Schwartz (with R2) is way better than the POTF2 boxed one. Look at the way they had to change the bikini straps just to fit on the larger body figure of the boxed one.

However, in her bounty hunter disguise, Leia doesn't need to have a Barbie body (and indeed, even in the new one she may not). All we know about the new Leia Boussh is that she comes with the Ceremony Leia's head. That figure in its Portrait Edition was a Barbie, however in a tight, and form-fitting dress, that was an appropriate choice.

If somebody wants to list the female figures in groups of who's a Barbie and who's not, we can debate the merits of each.

So far, I think they've made pretty good choices, and some terrible ones. Aurra Sing should NEVER have been a Barbie, for example. Zam Wessel is thankfully not.

derek
11-02-2002, 09:44 AM
hey tycho,

one thing that gives the "barbie" body away in regards to the new bousch leia is the neck. it's long and skinny just like hasbros previous barbie neck figure releases.

in my opinion, barbie bodies are a horrible choice for a boys toy line. hasbro's mistake was trying to compete with matelle when they made all those episode 1 padme dolls. (beautiful braids padme, hidden disguise padme, etc...)

in regards to the portrait edition dolls, l can live with barbie bodies, since they are never put in action poses or required to hold a gun. but the sabe and padme in battle outfits never should of had barbie bodies. they can't even hold a gun. :cry:

in regards to which female star wars dolls use the barbie body, well, all of them except for leia(episode 4 white dress), hoth leia, and original bousch leia. all the rest of hasbro's female figures have a ripoff barbie body. i would of preferred hasbro's GI Jane body, but at the least, hasbro could of used an articulated barbie body like matelle has, with joints at the knees and elbows(not the bendy kind) and used a hand that could hold a weapon.:)

Zam Wessel is thankfully not
zam is a barbie body, just like aurra sing, just with molded gloves, but still a barbie body. i'll get some batteries for my camera and post a pic later.:)

I like the Barbie look when you can SEE most of them, and consequently bad joint edges: for example, Slave Leia from FAO Schwartz (with R2) is way better than the POTF2 boxed one. Look at the way they had to change the bikini straps just to fit on the larger body figure of the boxed one

i was under the impression they were on the same barbie type body, but i don't have the slave leia 2 pack, only the single boxed slave leia figure. i'll have to get the first release to compair them.:)

Turbowars
11-02-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Tycho

Aurra Sing should NEVER have been a Barbie

Wait a minute, Aurra Sing is a great 12" figure and she needed her sexy/slim barbie body. What did you want some buffed up GI Joe frame?

derek
11-02-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by turbowars
Wait a minute, Aurra Sing is a great 12" figure and she needed her sexy/slim barbie body. What did you want some buffed up GI Joe frame?

i've heard this arguement on another forum.;)
i would of preferred a cy-girl type body for aurra sing, and for that matter, all female hasbro figures, but the GI Jane body would of worked fine; it's not buff at all.:) the barbie body hasbro uses is just horrible. no joints in the knee and elbow area. not good for an "action" figure.:)

here is a photo of a cy-girl, made by Blue Box toys:

derek
11-02-2002, 10:40 AM
I like the Barbie look when you can SEE most of them, and consequently bad joint edges: for example, Slave Leia from FAO Schwartz (with R2) is way better than the POTF2 boxed one. Look at the way they had to change the bikini straps just to fit on the larger body figure of the boxed one.

since i only have the boxed single leia, i did a little research, and just as i recall, both these slave leia figures have the same barbie body. the only difference i can see is the faces are painted different, the boots are different, and the side of the bikini bottom are different.:)

here is the slave leia 2 pack:

derek
11-02-2002, 10:40 AM
and here is the slave leia released as a single. they are the same figure as far as i can tell, just some slight differences.:)

Exhaust Port
11-02-2002, 11:17 AM
The face is more accurate on the re-release and it looks like the body might be a bit "meatier" or is that me?

derek
11-02-2002, 11:20 AM
or is that me?

i think it's just you.:) just joking.;)

actually i think it's the camera angle that makes one look "meatier" than the other. if anyone has these two figures, and can snap a photo of them side by side, that will settle this,:)

i just can't see hasbro developing two different styles of barbie bodies. they're cheap enough as it is. :rolleyes:

derek
11-02-2002, 12:35 PM
this is what the new leia should look like, as customized by Tony DiTerlizzi:

Turbowars
11-02-2002, 12:43 PM
Well Derek, Hasbro needs to hire ths guy. I forget his name, but you got this from one of the other threads right, or RS?

getoninja
11-02-2002, 01:34 PM
that boussh leia is the sheazznet sticklsnezz. hasbro need to make better 12inchers,,mostly all of them are wack.

was the face custom made???

derek
11-02-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by getoninja
that boussh leia is the sheazznet sticklsnezz. hasbro need to make better 12inchers,,mostly all of them are wack.

was the face custom made???

nope, it's all stock hasbro parts. the "artist" (and that's what the guy is, he's awesome) just repainted the original leia bousch head, weathered the uniform, and put it all on a hasbro made GI Jane body. hasbro could easily duplicate this.:) if they wanted to.:sur:

getoninja
11-02-2002, 01:43 PM
dude,,,,,,all stock. I got some mad modeling skills, all I need now is to get a leia boussh and one of them cy-girl bodies,,I'd be set.

is there anymore pics of the "artist" bouush leia. or is there anymore pics or sites with more custom 12inch starwars???

Turbowars
11-02-2002, 01:49 PM
Yes, go to Rebel Scum or our 12" thread under Tony's upgrades.

derek
11-02-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by getoninja
dude,,,,,,all stock. I got some mad modeling skills, all I need now is to get a leia boussh and one of them cy-girl bodies,,I'd be set.

is there anymore pics of the "artist" bouush leia. or is there anymore pics or sites with more custom 12inch starwars???

a cy girl body won't work with a hasbro head. the neck attachments are different. modifications would have to be made to the body and/or the head, which may render both useless if not done properly.(i know, i ruined some) use hasbro's GI Jane body instead.:)

as for more of tony's work visit:http://www.rebelscum.com/tony1.asp

getoninja
11-02-2002, 02:00 PM
u guys are gods.,.,..,. thx.

gi jane,,coolzo.

JediTricks
11-03-2002, 08:36 PM
single-boxed Slave Leia appears to have more-feminine shoulders than the 2pack version and a less cutey-pie torso (the collarbone is higher and more accurately-shaped IMO).

That repainted Leia Boushh by Tony DiTerlizzi looks fantastic, and proves just how bad the Hasbro paint apps really are if that is the same head. Comparing the upcoming figure to this custom shows the following head differences:
- Hasbro shamefully shapes the hair in a generic style that doesn't fit the face, Tony reshapes the hairstyle to properly reflect the movie version of the coif;
- Skin tones are totally different;
- Hasbro's shameful Barbie-esque eyes say "I'm a zombie who likes to shop for pretty things and has nothing else on my mind, tee hee" while Tony's eyes are painted to accurately portray Carrie Fisher's eeys from the film including all the vital lines and subtlties, even the eyebrows have the right shape about them.

OC47150
11-15-2002, 03:01 PM
I can't wait to get this figure! I missed out on the KB three-pack a couple of years ago and have been waiting for the single release.