PDA

View Full Version : Watto MiniReview

Jayspawn
10-30-2002, 12:56 AM
My local stores seem to be slowly getting out of a dry spell. A VERY dry spell. "Thank the maker!" And I was fortunate to come across a few figures I didn't have. On sale for that matter! Here we go!

Watto, Mos Espa Junk Dealer

- Likeness: Both Episode I and Saga versions of Watto have been great. Whiskers, tusk things, everything. Looks right out of "Attack of the Clones." 5/5.

- Sculpt/ Detail: Pretty nice. Particularly the face detail. They have everything down to Watto's scruffy beard and hat. He's sculpted in the flying position. I thought it looked funny at first, but his wings are molded as 6 instead of 2, to give a flying look. I think it looks cool because 2 of the sculpted wings are painted. Then another set is less painted. Then the other set is unpainted. I like it. I think it works because it's Watto. The detail and paint job on Watto's jacket looks great as well. 5/5.

- Articulation: Our blue friend only has 5 points ofarticulation. Shoulders, legs and head. It's basic but it works for the sculpt. The arms when raised up look like he's happy to see Anakin. Haha. 4/5.

- Accessories: He has none. Really. Well lets be technical. He has a clear base that connects into his back. It looks good. Holds the figure up- as he is sculpted in the flying position. I suppose a pit droid part or tool would have been nice. 1/5.

- Playability: He's great to play with. He's made very sturdy, so he can survive tough play. 5/5.

- Value: I was fortunate to find Watto on sale at Target for $2.99. Normally $4.99. Still a good buy none the less. A few accessories would have made it better. 3/5.

OVERALL: I think we've been fortunate to get good Watto figures. We have 3 (Episode I, Cinema Scene and Saga) and they were saved from disaster nor do we have too many of them. The figure and the base are great BUT at least '1' accessory would have been great. 3/5.